Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,606 members, 7,823,638 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Beating A Child Good Or Bad - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Beating A Child Good Or Bad (1798 Views)

What's Your Honest Opinion About Beating Kids Like This ? / Is Spanking A Child Good Or Bad? / Good or bad parenting: Young Boy Steals Meat And Blames Devil For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beating A Child Good Or Bad by miraclea: 11:00am On May 27, 2018
When i was a child my parents do beat us with canes and others sometimes lorded us with all kinds of punishment but today we hear all sorts of advice saying beating doesn't really solve the problem this is children week please your opinion is it right for parents to beat a child quoting proverbs 23;13,14 or not
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by dabeto: 11:17am On May 27, 2018
It is good and bad depending on what he did and what you want to achieve

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by booksrite001: 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2019
Our culture remains our culture.
However, the whites seem to be better with parenting and beating a child isn't part of what they do.

As we emulate them,....
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by missjo(f): 10:15pm On Aug 20, 2019
booksrite001:

However, the whites seem to be better with parenting and beating a child isn't part of what they do.
I wonder where you people get this impression fromcheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 12:51am On Aug 21, 2019
booksrite001:

As we emulate them,....
Who told u the whites are better Anyways, this one u shared all my conversations with Blackivy27 is she ur girlfriend or what exactly are u trying to get because the move got my attention... So?
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:23am On Aug 21, 2019
dairykidd:

Who told u the whites are better Anyways, this one u shared all my conversations with Blackivy27 is she ur girlfriend or what exactly are u trying to get because the move got my attention... So?
grin You noticed it too??
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 21, 2019
Blackivy27:
grin You noticed it too??
Yeah i did, what's the deal with him/her. Like a monitoring spirit
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 21, 2019
dairykidd:

Yeah i did, what's the deal with him/her. Like a monitoring spirit
Her, she got my attention quite easily.
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:31am On Aug 21, 2019
booksrite001:
[s]However, the whites seem to be better with parenting[/s]and beating a child isn't part of what they do.

As we emulate them,....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:34am On Aug 21, 2019
Blackivy27:
Her, she got my attention quite easily.
Lots of virtual trans on NL, u never really know who is what
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 6:39am On Aug 21, 2019
dairykidd:
Lots of virtual trans on NL, u never really know who is what
Maybe.
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by booksrite001: 7:01am On Aug 21, 2019
dairykidd:

Westerners gets very close to their kids and they often detect their unique skills and strengths right from tender age. The same doesn't happen majorly here.

What is this thing you have with Blackivy27? Tell me.
Now for the attention, have you tried out the app in my signature?
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 7:12am On Aug 21, 2019
booksrite001:

Westerners gets very close to their kids and they often detect their unique skills and strengths right from tender age. The same doesn't happen majorly here.

What is this thing you have with Blackivy27? Tell me.
Now for the attention, have you tried out the app in my signature?

Yeah their society was structured that way but still there are a thousand ways to discipline a child without being physical..

I checked ur app & its cool.. And that thing why is it important to u smiley
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by booksrite001: 7:47am On Aug 21, 2019
missjo:

I wonder where you people get this impression fromcheesy

This is more than an impression. I am sure you'll see this reality if a survey is conducted.
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by booksrite001: 8:51am On Aug 21, 2019
dairykidd:

Yeah their society was structured that way but still there are a thousand ways to discipline a child without being physical..

Nice. Since you identify that, we give the credits to their culture. Our primary schools are not exempted from this act.
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by booksrite001: 9:18am On Aug 21, 2019
dairykidd:

It's important to me because I believe every nairalanders should have this experience.
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Yohans(m): 9:52am On Aug 21, 2019
booksrite001:

As we emulate them,....
How are they better at parenting than blacks?
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 10:34am On Aug 21, 2019
booksrite001:

It's important to me because I believe every nairalanders should have this experience.

Not that.... The thing u think i have with her. Why is it important to u?
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by booksrite001: 10:57am On Aug 21, 2019
dairykidd:

Not that.... The thing u think i have with her. Why is it important to u?

it's a guy you're referring to. So leave the mata
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by booksrite001: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2019
Yohans:

How are they better at parenting than blacks?

This is debatable. You don't have to agree. kiss
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 21, 2019
booksrite001:

it's a guy you're referring to. So leave the mata

Lolzz She's a guy... lawwd have mercy grin grin
NL is a really crazy place to be these days cheesy
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by missjo(f): 10:51pm On Aug 21, 2019
booksrite001:

This is more than an impression. I am sure you'll see this reality if a survey is conducted.
Lol,dear i have been lucky to experience both the 'west' & Africa and I still do on occasion.
What you claim is surely an impression,i live the reality.
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by booksrite001: 9:21am On Aug 22, 2019
missjo:

Lol,dear i have been lucky to experience both the 'west' & Africa and I still do on occasion.
What you claim is surely an impression,i live the reality.

We continue to drop heritage, culture and values and adopt the western. Very few tribes stick to persisting the culture. Take for instance our language when they move abroad.

Everything changes. Now, you see child rights ngo rising, brutality has reduced.
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by booksrite001: 9:24am On Aug 22, 2019
dairykidd:

Lolzz She's a guy... lawwd have mercy grin grin
NL is a really crazy place to be these days cheesy

So don't tell me you're in love shocked already
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 9:26am On Aug 22, 2019
booksrite001:

We continue to drop heritage, culture and values and adopt the western. Very few tribes stick to persisting the culture. Take for instance our language when they move abroad.

Everything changes. Now, you see child rights ngo rising, brutality has reduced.

Don't believe everything you see in the movies.
The African way of raising a child is still better than the Western way, the best is Asian culture of upbringing.

That is why Africans excel when they go abroad, the culture of discipline but like I said, Asians still have the best way of raising a child, although it is a little brutal but that is why they are excelling , extremely disciplined, hard working and goal oriented.

1 Like

Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 22, 2019
booksrite001:

So don't tell me you're in love shocked already

I never fall for who i dey see talk more of who i never see.. na so u sef take dey fall in love
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by omoharry(f): 10:37am On Aug 22, 2019
booksrite001:

As we emulate them,....
Ya as they don't see any big deal when their children them to shut up and use other fowl languages to express their frustration toward their parents..Majority of these white children have no respect for their parents or elders..if that is the kind of parenting you want they so be it. I prefer the African upbringing(though not the one done in excess) but proper upbringing using both the carrot and stick approach and at the same should be given the opportunity to express them self over dispute. These was how we were brought up back then ..it has made the generation born in the 70s , 80 and early 90s better people.
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by desvi: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2019
omoharry:
Ya as they don't see any big deal when their children them to shut up and use other fowl languages to express their frustration toward their parents..Majority of these white children have no respect for their parents or elders..if that is the kind of parenting you want they so be it. I prefer the African upbringing(though not the one done in excess) but proper upbringing using both the carrot and stick approach and at the same should be given the opportunity to express them self over dispute. These was how we were brought up back then ..it has made the generation born in the 70s , 80 and early 90s better people.

how would you know?
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by desvi: 11:19am On Aug 22, 2019
calgaryFriend:

Don't believe everything you see in the movies.
The African way of raising a child is still better than the Western way, the best is Asian culture of upbringing.

That is why Africans excel when they go abroad, the culture of discipline but like I said, Asians still have the best way of raising a child, although it is a little brutal but that is why they are excelling , extremely disciplined, hard working and goal oriented.

a handful excels
don't flatter yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by desvi: 11:20am On Aug 22, 2019
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by Nobody: 11:55am On Aug 22, 2019
desvi:
https://www.nairaland.com/5373240/father-beats-daughter-death-akure

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7377293/Toddlers-feet-placed-scalding-water-step-grandmother-having-bad-day.html

It happens everywhere, you make it look as if it is every time people kill their kids. I stay abroad and I tell you the rate of teenage suicide here is higher cos these kids were raised to be spoilt.
Re: Beating A Child Good Or Bad by booksrite001: 12:40pm On Aug 22, 2019
omoharry:

I quite agree with you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Friend On Benefit Has Contacted My Fiancee / How Many Of You In Your Family?! / Are Married Women Allowed To Catwalk?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.