Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,967 members, 7,866,632 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 09:55 PM

How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church (4166 Views)

Anytime I Pick Up My Bible To Read , I Always Feel Sleepy / Pastor Ruth Masuruwa Gives Bible To Emmerson Mnangagwa In Zimbabwe (Photo) / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:28pm On May 28, 2018
Anas09:

Yeah i know that you celebrate Mass which happens to be a constellation. And that will be idol worship.

pls point me to where the Apostles celebrated the constellations?

How is the celebration of mass by the catholic church a constellation and an idol worship.I hope you don't mind expatiating on that
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by MuttleyLaff: 5:25pm On May 28, 2018
Anas09:
Preaching the gospel doesn't welcome us or bars us from entering into the Kingdom of God, but soul winning rewards us.
Give me a scripture where soul winning was in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt rewarded
and I'll give three or more other ways that merited a reward and a welcome into the kingdom of heaven
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 7:25pm On May 28, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

How is the celebration of mass by the catholic church a constellation and an idol worship.I hope you don't mind expatiating on that
Do you know what Hellenism is, and what the Hellenists worship? Check inside the Catholic Church and you'd see everything in there
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 7:27pm On May 28, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

since you are so focused on soul winning how many souls have you won so far for christ
In the past two weeks 12. Yesterday one of them, a notorious Indianherm smoker i didn't believe will come, came to church and answered an alter call. He is born again now. His growth begins.
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 7:38pm On May 28, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

you are the ignorant one .St Ignatius was the very first person to use the term "catholic" to describe the church.He was a scion of the authentic church left by the apostles.Continue to deceive yourself.

Wherever the bishop appear, there let the multitude be; even as wherever Christ Jesus is, there is the Catholic Church.

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/ignatius-smyrnaeans-hoole.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignatius_of_Antioch

Was it the Church in Smyrna he called the Catholic Church or he included the Ephesian, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicean Churches? Was Ignatius a Bishop in all these Churches or only in the Smyrnean Church?
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 7:40pm On May 28, 2018
PaChukwudi44:

did the bible exist before it was compiled? You are the confused one and not me.The bible did not exist until it was compiled by the catholic church and yes the apostles were catholics
So the Word of God did not exist until the 4th Century?

Yes i know the Apostles were catholics just like they were they were Muslims too.
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Chuksonyeike: 8:12pm On May 28, 2018
Anas09:

So the Word of God did not exist until the 4th Century?

Yes i know the Apostles were catholics just like they were they were Muslims too.
Bros the scriptures are not same thing as the Bible. Scriptures has been existing even before Jesus was born but the Bible as a collection of canonised scriptures was created by the Catholic Church.
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Chuksonyeike: 8:15pm On May 28, 2018
Anas09:

Do you know what Hellenism is, and what the Hellenists worship? Check inside the Catholic Church and you'd see everything in there
Of course I know what Hellenism is. You are the ignoramus here. What part of Catholic worship is Hellenistic?
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Chuksonyeike: 8:18pm On May 28, 2018
Anas09:

Was it the Church in Smyrna he called the Catholic Church or he included the Ephesian, Pergamum, Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, Laodicean Churches? Was Ignatius a Bishop in all these Churches or only in the Smyrnean Church?

To cure your ignorance St Ignatius wrote to most of the churches you mentioned. They were all Catholic churches with their respective bishops. St Ignatius himself was the third Bishop of Antioch after The apostle Peter and his immediate successor St Evodius
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 8:48pm On May 28, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

To cure your ignorance St Ignatius wrote to most of the churches you mentioned. They were all Catholic churches with their respective bishops. St Ignatius himself was the third Bishop of Antioch after The apostle Peter and his immediate successor St Evodius
What did he tell these other churches?

He wrote to all these other Churches which were set up by Apostle Paul, (not Peter) converting them to Catholic Church and instructing them to depart from the scriptures to uphold the Hellenistic doctrines which Jesus Christ wrote through Apostle John condemning?

Do you know what you are talking about?
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 8:55pm On May 28, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

Of course I know what Hellenism is. You are the ignoramus here. What part of Catholic worship is Hellenistic?
Mary== Prima Dona (Queen of Heaven, a demon, for starters). Worshipping of the heavenly bodies and venerating dead people and turning them to super heroes.

Do you know Zeus, Achilles Thor, and all those deities that are been worshipped now lived as normal men?

That is Hellenism in Catholic church. in order to keep worshipping the masquerading demons, names of Bible characters were picked and replaced with the Greek gods.

Babylon the Great, the mother of all Harlots, is the Catholic Church.
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 9:06pm On May 28, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

Bros the scriptures are not same thing as the Bible. Scriptures has been existing even before Jesus was born but the Bible as a collection of canonised scriptures was created by the Catholic Church.
The Letter killed, but the Spirit giveth life, for the word which i speak unto you are spirits and they are life.

I was never referring to the letter of the Word, but the Spirit. the collection of the book gives no one salvation, it is the spirit which quickeneth.

You guys are holding unto a book which can not help you but neglect the Holy Spirit who convicts the hearts and converts the souls.

when you stand before Jesus very soon, you shall not stand holding a copy of the Bible to proof that you belonged to the catholic church which compiled it. That same Bible shall be opened and from it questions will be asked you. 'I said thou shall not, did you?'. I said love, did you? i said forgive, did you!

Killing yourself trying to proof who compiled the Bible will be futile when you meet the Lord. Isn't it funny, that those who compiled the Word don't know what the Word says?
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 9:20pm On May 28, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Give me a scripture where soul winning was in a clear and detailed manner, leaving no room for confusion or doubt rewarded
and I'll give three or more other ways that merited a reward and a welcome into the kingdom of heaven
Sir, it must not necessarily be in a clear detailed manner before says what it says.

Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
John:15:16

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
John:17:18

Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
Luke:22:28

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
Luke:22:29
That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Luke:22:30

This is the reward of stewardship. And what greater service is there for a steward than to finish what his master had began?

What greater reward can anyone ever get that is greater than being one with the Lord?
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Chuksonyeike: 9:24pm On May 28, 2018
Anas09:

The Letter killed, but the Spirit giveth life, for the word which i speak unto you are spirits and they are life.

I was never referring to the letter of the Word, but the Spirit. the collection of the book gives no one salvation, it is the spirit which quickeneth.

You guys are holding unto a book which can not help you but neglect the Holy Spirit who convicts the hearts and converts the souls.

when you stand before Jesus very soon, you shall not stand holding a copy of the Bible to proof that you belonged to the catholic church which compiled it. That same Bible shall be opened and from it questions will be asked you. 'I said thou shall not, did you?'. I said love, did you? i said forgive, did you!

Killing yourself trying to proof who compiled the Bible will be futile when you meet the Lord. Isn't it funny, that those who compiled the Word don't know what the Word says?

All you wrote here is gibberish. You go about quoting scriptures from the same bible the organization you called the LovePeddler of Babylon canonised. How come you do not quote other scriptures that was not canonised by the Catholic Church
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Chuksonyeike: 9:26pm On May 28, 2018
Anas09:

Mary== Prima Dona (Queen of Heaven, a demon, for starters). Worshipping of the heavenly bodies and venerating dead people and turning them to super heroes.

Do you know Zeus, Achilles Thor, and all those deities that are been worshipped now lived as normal men?

That is Hellenism in Catholic church. in order to keep worshipping the masquerading demons, names of Bible characters were picked and replaced with the Greek gods.

Babylon the Great, the mother of all Harlots, is the Catholic Church.

Who are those worshipping Zeus, Achilles and Thor? You mean that's what you worship in your church? You worship Greek gods in your church? That is so sick
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 9:30pm On May 28, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

All you wrote here is gibberish. You go about quoting scriptures from the same bible the organization you called the LovePeddler of Babylon canonised. How come you do not quote other scriptures that was not canonised by the Catholic Church
This Catholic church must be YHWH who through His Spirit inspired the writing of the Bible.

Sir, i will have to leave you yo your self deceit at this point.
Good night and goodbye.
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Chuksonyeike: 9:32pm On May 28, 2018
Anas09:

What did he tell these other churches?

He wrote to all these other Churches which were set up by Apostle Paul, (not Peter) converting them to Catholic Church and instructing them to depart from the scriptures to uphold the Hellenistic doctrines which Jesus Christ wrote through Apostle John condemning?

Do you know what you are talking about?
my dear cure your ignorance. If you want to know what he wrote to the other churches google is your answer BTW what do you mean churches set up by apostle Paul and not Peter? The Church was set up by the entirety of the 12 apostles, Paul and others and not one single person.The church is not a one man's property like you Pentecostals has turned it into. Paul himself used this words "Paul planted, Apollos watered ".The Catholic Church was founded by the apostles with Apostle Peter as the first Bishop of Antioch and later Rome from where his successors had presided over the church.
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Chuksonyeike: 9:36pm On May 28, 2018
Anas09:

This Catholic church must be YHWH who through His Spirit inspired the writing of the Bible.

Good night and goodbye.

You are the one wallowing in self deceit. The Bible was canonised by the Catholic Church through a series of church councils most notably council of Rome 382CE, Synod of hippo 393CE, council of Carthage 397CE and 419CE. Prior to these church councils the Bible simply didn't exist .This is a historical fact
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 9:38pm On May 28, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

my dear cure your ignorance. If you want to know what he wrote to the other churches google is your answer BTW what do you mean churches set up by apostle Paul and not Peter? The Church was set up by the entirety of the 12 apostles, Paul and others and not one single person.The church is not a one man's property like you Pentecostals has turned it into. Paul himself used this words "Paul planted, Apollos watered ".The Catholic Church was founded by the apostles with Apostle Peter as the first Bishop of Antioch and later Rome from where his successors had presided over the church.
Hahahahahahahahaha. Pls go back and read Acts of the Apostles before you have discussion with me. Those churches you mentioned where planted by Apostle Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles. Peter was the Apostle to the Jews.
Stop disgracing yourself in public. Paul planted and Apollos watered. Does planting and watering mean the same to you?

Who was Apollos? Paul's Greek convert.
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 9:39pm On May 28, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

Who are those worshipping Zeus, Achilles and Thor? You mean that's what you worship in your church? You worship Greek gods in your church? That is so sick
Sir, the dead saints you worship are a replacement of these demons hiding behind people's names. Repent Jesus is at the threshold.
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Chuksonyeike: 10:02pm On May 28, 2018
Anas09:

Hahahahahahahahaha. Pls go back and read Acts of the Apostles before you have discussion with me. Those churches you mentioned where planted by Apostle Paul, the Apostle to the Gentiles. Peter was the Apostle to the Jews.
Stop disgracing yourself in public. Paul planted and Apollos watered. Does planting and watering mean the same to you?

Who was Apollos? Paul's Greek convert.

You are the one disgracing yourself here. You know absolutely nothing about church history. Even the book of acts you mentioned here you don't even have any idea about it's author. There are more to church history then the book of acts. There is even no where in the book of acts we were told churches were solely planted by Paul. Luke the writer of the book of acts was with Paul and covered most of his missionary exploits. Not much was reported in that book about the activities of the other apostles. Peter was the first Bishop of Antioch as well as the first Bishop of Rome. The apostles visited virtually all the churches in Jerusalem, Greek and Turkey. Your ignorance is nauseating

Here is the complete quotation I referenced earlier 1 correct 3:1-8

3 Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ. 2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? 4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?

5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8 The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor.

Where exactly did Paul claim to have planted all the churches. You Pentecostals are sick. Paul was preaching against today's one man churches. He saw the Church as one with different people doing different tasks for the growth of the church
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Chuksonyeike: 10:03pm On May 28, 2018
Anas09:

Sir, the dead saints you worship are a replacement of these demons hiding behind people's names. Repent Jesus is at the threshold.

Sorry Catholic Saints are not dead like Pentecostal scammers looking for the next victims to scam of tithes or first fruits
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Chuksonyeike: 10:11pm On May 28, 2018
The churches founded by the apostles existed as one church irrespective of whoever Was The bishop.The church never existed separately under their respective founder's as exhibited by today's Pentecostals
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Chuksonyeike: 10:16pm On May 28, 2018
BTW what passage of your Bible did you read that Apollos was Paul's Jewish convert? 0I hope you don't mind pointing out that relevant portion of the Bible to me
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by blackbriar: 12:20am On May 29, 2018
Anas09:

Good night and goodbye.

You never still tell us how mass is about worship of constellations. Please we are waiting.
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by MuttleyLaff: 3:57am On May 29, 2018
Anas09:
Sir, it must not necessarily be in a clear detailed manner before says what it says.
Well "...leaving no room for confusion or doubt..." were my operative words

Anas09:
Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.
John:15:16

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.
John:17:18

Ye are they which have continued with me in my temptations.
Luke:22:28

And I appoint unto you a kingdom, as my Father hath appointed unto me;
Luke:22:29
That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging the twelve tribes of Israel.
Luke:22:30
21Not everyone who says to Me,
‘Lord, Lord,will enter the kingdom of heaven,
but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22Many will say to Me on that day,
‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name,
and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?
23Then I will tell them plainly,
‘I never knew you;
depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’

- Matthew 7:21-23

33And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left.
34Then the King will say to those on his right,
Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’
37Then the righteous will answer him, saying,
‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?
38And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?
39And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’
40And the King will answer them,
‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
41Then he will say to those on his left,
‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
43I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’
44Then they also will answer, saying,
Lord, when did we
see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’
45Then he will answer them, saying,
‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’
46And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

- Matthew 25:33-45

Fair dos...
but hey since it's my turn next, may I suggest the above "other ways" too...

Anas09:
This is the reward of stewardship.
And what greater service is there for a steward than to finish what his master had began?
Reward, as a noun, means
a thing given (e.g. kingdom to inherit) in recognition of service effort, or achievement.
(i.e. the kingdom is given to inherit, as a reward for a lifetime's workand/or service of helping with giving food to the hungry,
giving drink to the thirsty, welcoming others whom one does not know or whom one is not familiar with,
clothing them who had no clothes, visiting the sick and imprisoned)

Reward, as a verb, means,
give something (e.g. kingdom to inherit) to someone in recognition of their services, efforts, or achievements.
(i.e. a lifetime's workand/or service of helping with giving food to the hungry,
giving drink to the thirsty, welcoming others whom one does not know or whom one is not familiar with,
clothing them who had no clothes, visiting the sick and imprisoned is rewarded with the kingdom given to inherit)

Anas09:
What greater reward can anyone ever get that is greater than being one with the Lord?
We thank God for scripture, the likes of Matthew 7:21-23 and Matthew 25:33-45 at least or to start with, that exposes quasi ownership to Jesus (i.e. Jesus refuses to ownership)

Contrast Matthew 7:21-23 and Matthew 25:33-45 with Matthew 26:21-25 though, where every one of the disciples, except for Judas, acknowledges Jesus, as Lord
but Judas unlike every one before him, opted rather to call Jesus, Teacher
and not acknowledge Jesus, as Lord, (i.e. Owner, his Owner, the Owner)
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 7:53pm On May 29, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Well "...leaving no room for confusion or doubt..." were my operative words

21Not everyone who says to Me,
‘Lord, Lord,will enter the kingdom of heaven,
but only he who does the will of My Father in heaven.
22Many will say to Me on that day,
‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name,
and in Your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?
23Then I will tell them plainly,
‘I never knew you;
depart from Me, you workers of lawlessness.’

- Matthew 7:21-23

33And he will place the sheep on his right, but the goats on the left.
34Then the King will say to those on his right,
Come, you who are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
35For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me,
36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’
37Then the righteous will answer him, saying,
‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you drink?
38And when did we see you a stranger and welcome you, or naked and clothe you?
39And when did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’
40And the King will answer them,
‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’
41Then he will say to those on his left,
‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.
42For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink,
43I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’
44Then they also will answer, saying,
Lord, when did we
see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’
45Then he will answer them, saying,
‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’
46And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

- Matthew 25:33-45

Fair dos...
but hey since it's my turn next, may I suggest the above "other ways" too...

Reward, as a noun, means
a thing given (e.g. kingdom to inherit) in recognition of service effort, or achievement.
(i.e. the kingdom is given to inherit, as a reward for a lifetime's workand/or service of helping with giving food to the hungry,
clothing them who had no clothes, visiting the sick and imprisoned)

Reward, as a verb, means,
give something (e.g. kingdom to inherit) to someone in recognition of their services, efforts, or achievements.
(i.e. a lifetime's workand/or service of helping with giving food to the hungry,
clothing them who had no clothes, visiting the sick and imprisoned is rewarded with the kingdom given to inherit)

We thank God for scripture, the likes of Matthew 7:21-23 and Matthew 25:33-45 at least or to start with, that exposes quasi ownership to Jesus (i.e. Jesus refuses to ownership)

Contrast Matthew 7:21-23 and Matthew 25:33-45 with Matthew 26:21-25 though, where every one of the disciples, except for Judas, acknowledges Jesus, as Lord
but Judas unlike every one before him, opted rather to call Jesus, Teacher
and not acknowledge Jesus, as Lord, (i.e. Owner, his Owner, the Owner)
Take am small small. Our hole duty as Christians is to make disciples of all men, that's why we are saved, or i lie?
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 7:54pm On May 29, 2018
blackbriar:

You never still tell us how mass is about worship of constellations. Please we are waiting.
What is Mass sir? Is it a Constellation or not?
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 7:56pm On May 29, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

Sorry Catholic Saints are not dead like Pentecostal scammers looking for the next victims to scam of tithes or first fruits
Is this all you have to say? Is Tansi abi weytin una call am alive somewhere other than dead in the grave?
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 8:03pm On May 29, 2018
Chuksonyeike:

You are the one disgracing yourself here. You know absolutely nothing about church history. Even the book of acts you mentioned here you don't even have any idea about it's author. There are more to church history then the book of acts. There is even no where in the book of acts we were told churches were solely planted by Paul. Luke the writer of the book of acts was with Paul and covered most of his missionary exploits. Not much was reported in that book about the activities of the other apostles. Peter was the first Bishop of Antioch as well as the first Bishop of Rome. The apostles visited virtually all the churches in Jerusalem, Greek and Turkey. Your ignorance is nauseating

Here is the complete quotation I referenced earlier 1 correct 3:1-8

3 Brothers and sisters, I could not address you as people who live by the Spirit but as people who are still worldly—mere infants in Christ. 2 I gave you milk, not solid food, for you were not yet ready for it. Indeed, you are still not ready. 3 You are still worldly. For since there is jealousy and quarreling among you, are you not worldly? Are you not acting like mere humans? 4 For when one says, “I follow Paul,” and another, “I follow Apollos,” are you not mere human beings?

5 What, after all, is Apollos? And what is Paul? Only servants, through whom you came to believe—as the Lord has assigned to each his task. 6 I planted the seed, Apollos watered it, but God has been making it grow. 7 So neither the one who plants nor the one who waters is anything, but only God, who makes things grow. 8 The one who plants and the one who waters have one purpose, and they will each be rewarded according to their own labor.

Where exactly did Paul claim to have planted all the churches. You Pentecostals are sick. Paul was preaching against today's one man churches. He saw the Church as one with different people doing different tasks for the growth of the church
Hahahahahaha. bros, no be fight na. calm down.

a
Abeg which book of the Bible be 1 Correct?

Hmmm. I didn't say Paul didn't say that o, i said he (Paul) palnted the churches you tried to pass off to Peter. Peter didn't plant one single church in Asia minor. You talk about Church history when you neglect the heat beat of Jesus.

All the catholic church as taught you about Church history is lies. The same way the Muslims have been lied to.

The Catholic church New nothing about Christianity until the 4th century when satan tried to turn Christianity to Hellenism. He failed, he'll still fail.
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Gggg102(m): 9:12pm On May 29, 2018
Anas09:

Hahahahahaha. bros, no be fight na. calm down.

a
Abeg which book of the Bible be 1 Correct?

Hmmm. I didn't say Paul didn't say that o, i said he (Paul) palnted the churches you tried to pass off to Peter. Peter didn't plant one single church in Asia minor. You talk about Church history when you neglect the heat beat of Jesus.

All the catholic church as taught you about Church history is lies. The same way the Muslims have been lied to.

The Catholic church New nothing about Christianity until the 4th century when satan tried to turn Christianity to Hellenism. He failed, he'll still fail.

then what happened to the true church that wasn't the Catholic church

all churches that exist today broke from the Catholic church, so where is the 'real' church that existed before the Catholic church did it just vanish
Re: How The Catholic Church Discourages People From Taking Bible To Church by Anas09: 10:19pm On May 29, 2018
Gggg102:

then what happened to the true church that wasn't the Catholic church

all churches that exist today broke from the Catholic church, so where is the 'real' church that existed before the Catholic church did it just vanish
Are you sure that all the Churches today broke out of the Catholic Church?

Pls do your research and get the truth The Ethiopian Orthodox, the Syrian Orthodox and the Christian remnants in the Asia Minor (the descendants of the real Church fathers, not the ones the catholics are claiming were Catholics) whose land the Muslims have invaded now, killed and forced most of them to convert to Islam, never went with the Catholic doctrines.

The Catholic Church seems to be the bed rock of Christianity today because the Roman Empire which adopted Christianity as it's state religion (albeit, pretentiously) used it and from Rome it's sole seat of power power spread around the then known world.

Should we begin enumerating the various ways the Catholic Church tried to truncate Christianity as opposed to what Jesus commanded? For starters, we, as Christians are told to take the gospel and spread it to the ends of the earth, but the Catholic Church wanted it locked down Rome. In the hands of a few elite priests, in a dead language only few understands.

They wanted total control of the gospel. But satan doesn't know that the Holy spirit is in charge of the church on earth.

What Nimrod attempted to do by mobilizing men to build the Tower of Babel to keep people from obeying God by spreading, is the same thing Satan behind the Catholic Church tried to do, again.

Satan's tactics hasn't changed.

The Bible says, no idols, or images, but look inside the Catholic church.

The gates of hell shall not prevail against the Church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Liquid Metal Indabosky Bahose Sleeping At Police Station - Photo / Where Do We Go When We Die? / The Baptism Of Jesus Is The Antitype Of Salvation For Sinners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.