Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:36 PM

Nigerian Family Disowns Daughter Seeking Same-sex Marriage - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Family Disowns Daughter Seeking Same-sex Marriage (419 Views)

I Told My NIGERIAN Family I'm GAY / Nigerian Family Pays Man N170k Monthly To Satisfy Their Daughter Who Like Sex / Tanzania: Police Arrest 10 Suspected Gays For Organizing Same-sex Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Family Disowns Daughter Seeking Same-sex Marriage by Timekeeper: 2:14pm On May 27, 2018
The Shoremi family from Ogun state has disowned Shalom Shoremi, one of its daughter, for seeking to get married to a woman.

In a newspaper advertorial, the family announced that it had severed all ties with Shalom.

Shalom had reportedly approached a federal marriage registry for approval to consummate her marriage to her partner.

The family said the application was rejected in line with the same-sex marriage probation act of 2014 which declares the act illegal in Nigeria.

Former President Goodluck Jonathan had signed the anti-gay bill into law in January 2014.

The law prescribes 14 years imprisonment for those convicted of homosexuality.

“The attention of Shoremi Family of Ogun State has been drawn to an application for a special marriage license sought by Shalom T. Shoremi,” the advertorial read.

“She had requested for a special marriage license at the Federal Marriage Registry…

https://www.newsheadlines.com.ng/the-cable-news/2018/05/25/nigerian-family-disowns-daughter-seeking-same-sex-marriage/amp/

(1) (Reply)

Bloggers Should Stop Doing This. / 3 Things To Pay Attention To For Your Budget Wedding / Rape In Marriages Doesn’t Exist, Men On Facebook Stated (check Out replies)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.