Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,969 members, 7,817,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:04 PM

Bloggers Should Stop Doing This. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Bloggers Should Stop Doing This. (418 Views)

Opinion: If You Really Want Your Ex To Know You've Moved On, Stop Doing This! / Guys, What Would You Like Your Lady To Stop Doing? / Ladies: What Would You Like Your Man To Stop Doing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bloggers Should Stop Doing This. by Martinez19(m): 7:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
I know we need to money but there are certain lengths we shouldn't go in order to make cash. One heartless thing bloggers are guilty of is the way they handle news of suicide victims. Any person with conscience, wisdom and good moral compass should know that suicide is a very dark and stigmatising event for the family and friends involved. Such an event should be private and should only be blogged if the family of the suicide victim gives their consent. Friends of suicide victims will do well if they respect privacy and stop spreading the horrible and sad news of the suicide on social media. I believe people should resist the temptation to gossip and cash in (blog) on this issue.

Not only do bloggers not respect privacy on this issue, they also add lies to "spice up" the situation for the sake of traffic eg. they invent cooked up lies as to why the person might have committed suicide. Even friends of the victims, who immaturely spread the news for gossip sake, also do this and this is wrong. While I don't encourage suicide even though I can understand, we need to know and acknowledge the fact that everyone is different, their circumstances and environments are different and that a particular thing means different things to people. It could be you who may commit suicide tomorrow or it could be you who may have a child or relative that would commit suicide so please let's be sympathetic and moral and this. Also the act of spreading fake suicide news after hearing that someone (eg. Emmanuel Eboue) is depressed or going through a hard time has got to stop in 2018. Suicide is no laughing matter.

One may say "... I didn't ask the victim to kill themselves, blogger has to feed". Well you are no different from pastorpreneurs (fake and tithe eating pastors) who say "... I don't force people to tithe but if they pay, god will bless them." In both cases, there is neglect of morality for personal gains. We should be civilised in our thinking and be moral not be because we are going to be rewarded but for morality's sake. Thank you.

Hibiscus76, Ladyhippolyta88, Khayella, Makydebbie, Ellabae grin, Martin0 and other romancelanders what is your take on this.

NwaAmaikpe, please and please don't post here. grin
Re: Bloggers Should Stop Doing This. by Ellabae(f): 7:24pm On Jun 05, 2018
Martinez19:
I know we need to money but there are certain lengths we shouldn't go in order to make cash. One heartless thing bloggers are guilty of is the way they handle news of suicide victims. Any person with conscience, wisdom and good moral compass should know that suicide is a very dark and stigmatising event for the family and friends involved. Such an event should be private and should only be blogged if the family of the suicide victim gives their consent. Friends of suicide victims will do well if they respect privacy and stop spreading the horrible and sad news of the suicide on social media. I believe people should resist the temptation to gossip and cash in (blog) on this issue.

Not only do bloggers not respect privacy on this issue, they also add lies to "spice up" the situation for the sake of traffic eg. they invent cooked up lies as to why the person might have committed suicide. Even friends of the victims, who immaturely spread the news for gossip sake, also do this and this is wrong. While I don't encourage suicide even though I can understand, we need to know and acknowledge the fact that everyone is different, their circumstances and environments are different and that a particular thing means different things to people. It could be you who may commit suicide tomorrow or it could be you who may have a child or relative that would commit suicide so please let's be sympathetic and moral and this. Also the act of spreading fake suicide news after hearing that someone (eg. Emmanuel Eboue) is depressed or going through a hard time has got to stop in 2018. Suicide is no laughing matter.

One may say "... I didn't ask the victim to kill themselves, blogger has to feed". Well you are no different from pastorpreneurs (fake and tithe eating pastors) who say "... I don't force people to tithe but if they pay, god will bless them." In both cases, there is neglect of morality for personal gains. We should be civilised in our thinking and be moral not be because we are going to be rewarded but for morality's sake. Thank you.

Hibiscus76, Ladyhippolyta88, Khayella, Makydebbie, Ellabae grin, Martin0 and other romancelanders what is your take on this.

NwaAmaikpe, please and please don't post here. grin
Most bloggers don't care about others feeling. They jst wanna blog anything with lies to get ones attention. This can cost the deceased family trauma. Bloggers need to stop this act.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bloggers Should Stop Doing This. by Martinez19(m): 7:25pm On Jun 05, 2018
Ellabae:
Most bloggers don't care about others feeling. They jst wanna blog anything with lies to get ones attention. This can cost the deceased family trauma. Bloggers need to stop this act.
I still admire your maturity since the day we spoke. Nice comment!
Re: Bloggers Should Stop Doing This. by Ellabae(f): 7:53pm On Jun 05, 2018
Martinez19:
I still admire your maturity since the day we spoke. Nice comment!
Sorry dear. I don't recall
Re: Bloggers Should Stop Doing This. by Martinez19(m): 8:28pm On Jun 05, 2018
Ellabae:
Sorry dear. I don't recall
the woman that married at 56. I prayed for you.

Re: Bloggers Should Stop Doing This. by Ellabae(f): 8:34pm On Jun 05, 2018
Martinez19:
the woman that married at 56. I prayed for you.
Ah my trouble Frnd cheesy

(1) (Reply)

8 Important Things To Know About A Man/woman Before You Date / Fall In Love With This!!!! / Man Surprised His Cheating Girlfriend On Her Birthday – Twitter User(pics/video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.