Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,893 members, 7,817,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? (1531 Views)

Police VGS QERRS To Tackle Crimes In Nigeria / Delta: Wife Dumps Charm In Front Of Shop Of Lady Who Snatched Her Abroad Husband / Yahoo Boys: Oyo Has Highest Number Of Internet, Cyber Crimes In SouthWest – EFCC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 27, 2018
This thread is to draw the attention of Nigerians and the security agencies to the illegal things some landlords do in Lagos. I read one thread here on Nairaland where a lady cried out for help when her landlord took the law into his hands and broke into the lady's shop in Abule Egba and stole her money and goods from her shop. So landlords are now taking the law into their hands and doing illegal ejection using threats and breaking of apartments. This country can never develop if we keep supporting crime. I decided to immediately investigate her claims since the area is popular in Abule egba and I will give u the result of my investigation later.

Here is the link to the thread in case u didn't read it.

https://www.nairaland.com/4524479/pls-breaking-shop-stealing-property

What surprised me was that many people who commented were blaming the lady for not quitting the shop when the landlord started threatening her. As if it's so easy to leave a place you've been doing business and people know u for up to seven years or more. It surprises me that instead of Nigerians to strongly condemn such behavior by the landlord, they're indirectly encouraging it. So is it that the law is now dead in Nigeria? How can someone have the guts to do such a thing and people are now turning it into a tribal war and sentiments instead of tackling the main issues?

Look this can happen to anybody so we shouldn't blame the lady for not quitting the shop since last year. Do you know the reason why she couldn't leave the shop? That's not what she asked u to advice her, she said she needed to alert the people and the government that her life was in danger and she needed urgent protection since it seems the landlord was trying to compromise and bribe the police and refused to honor police invitation despite the gravity of his offense.

I'm also surprised dat even when some people turned it into tribal issues and suggested that she must be igbo and the landlord must be yoruba, she still came to the thread and told us that both herself and the landlord are yorubas but people still insulted her despite you know she needed help. You sit at the comfort of your home to type and insult others and don't know what people are going through. This can happen to anybody. It happened to that lady now, it can happen to you or your family or friends tomorrow. So you never can tell.

This is what i found out as i investigated. Her claims are very true even the stealing of her money and goods. That place is a very busy place and popular in abule egba. The lady has been there for many years. That woman they call iyalode is an illiterate woman who was jealous of her because she's educated. The iyalode is the landlord's late elder brother's wife and she behaves like a lord and a government unto herself on that street by going to many of the shops and stalls on that Santos avenue to always extort money and many things from them.

What led to the hatred is because this lady refused to give her a weavon she's selling in her shop which cost more than 10k for free. For God's sake how do you expect someone to give u under duress what she's selling to make a living just because u're the landlord's brother's wife. This is even when this lady used to make hair for the iyalode free that last year. She started hating her when she knew she cannot just come and take anything from d lady's shop as she used to do to some other shops.

That was how this woman ganged up wit the landlord against her and told her to quit so that they can give the shop to another person who would pay more than what she was paying. But instead of giving her quit notice they started spoiling her name and cut off her light last year. And u people are supporting this kind of behavior? This country is finished because people can no longer think objectively! So when they were tied of spoiling her name since she just ignored them, they now ganged up again and the landlord came himself with thugs to break her door and stole her money and goods. There are witnesses who saw him. Her shop is well stocked with costly cartons of weavons and attachments and hair creams so I wonder why people were saying she can't have such money in her shop. How much is 170k by the way that a person can't have it in his shop? Are Nigerians that poor?

When a person has a problem, try and help if u can but don't worsen the problem with ur words. The landlord has committed a serious crime as far as I'm concerned and must be dealt with according to the law. If it's in saner climes this landlord and that iyalode and those people who conspired against this lady should be in prison by now. Nigeria will remain backward if we keep supporting evil and if the police keep taking bribes to favour certain people. My one cent.

3 Likes

Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by greenmonk: 9:30pm On May 27, 2018
Fent:

This thread is to draw the attention of Nigerians and the security agencies to the illegal things some landlords do in Lagos. I read one thread here on Nairaland where a lady cried out for help when her landlord took the law into his hands and broke into the lady's shop in Abule Egba and stole her money and goods from her shop. So landlords are now taking the law into their hands and doing illegal ejection using threats and breaking of apartments. This country can never develop if we keep supporting crime. I decided to immediately investigate her claims since the area is popular in Abule egba and I will give u the result of my investigation later.

Here is the link to the thread in case u didn't read it.

https://www.nairaland.com/4524479/pls-breaking-shop-stealing-property

What surprised me was that many people who commented were blaming the lady for not quitting the shop when the landlord started threatening her. As if it's so easy to leave a place you've been doing business and people know u for up to seven years or more. It surprises me that instead of Nigerians to strongly condemn such behavior by the landlord, they're indirectly encouraging it. So is it that the law is now dead in Nigeria? How can someone have the guts to do such a thing and people are now turning it into a tribal war and sentiments instead of tackling the main issues?

Look this can happen to anybody so we shouldn't blame the lady for not quitting the shop since last year. Do you know the reason why she couldn't leave the shop? That's not what she asked u to advice her, she said she needed to alert the people and the government that her life was in danger and she needed urgent protection since it seems the landlord was trying to compromise and bribe the police and refused to honor police invitation despite the gravity of his offense.

I'm also surprised dat even when some people turned it into tribal issues and suggested that she must be igbo and the landlord must be yoruba, she still came to the thread and told us that both herself and the landlord are yorubas but people still insulted her despite you know she needed help. You sit at the comfort of your home to type and insult others and don't know what people are going through. This can happen to anybody. It happened to that lady now, it can happen to you or your family or friends tomorrow. So you never can tell.

This is what i found out as i investigated. Her claims are very true even the stealing of her money and goods. That place is a very busy place and popular in abule egba. The lady has been there for many years. That woman they call iyalode is an illiterate woman who was jealous of her because she's educated. The iyalode is the landlord's late elder brother's wife and she behaves like a lord and a government unto herself on that street by going to many of the shops and stalls on that Santos avenue to always extort money and many things from them.

What led to the hatred is because this lady refused to give her a weavon she's selling in her shop which cost more than 10k for free. For God's sake how do you expect someone to give u under duress what she's selling to make a living just because u're the landlord's brother's wife. This is even when this lady used to make hair for the iyalode free that last year. She started hating her when she knew she cannot just come and take anything from d lady's shop as she used to do to some other shops.

That was how this woman ganged up wit the landlord against her and told her to quit so that they can give the shop to another person who would pay more than what she was paying. But instead of giving her quit notice they started spoiling her name and cut off her light last year. And u people are supporting this kind of behavior? This country is finished because people can no longer think objectively! So when they were tied of spoiling her name since she just ignored them, they now ganged up again and the landlord came himself with thugs to break her door and stole her money and goods. There are witnesses who saw him. Her shop is well stocked with costly cartons of weavons and attachments and hair creams so I wonder why people were saying she can't have such money in her shop. How much is 170k by the way that a person can't have it in his shop? Are Nigerians that poor?

When a person has a problem, try and help if u can but don't worsen the problem with ur words. The landlord has committed a serious crime as far as I'm concerned and must be dealt with according to the law. If it's in saner climes this landlord and that iyalode and those people who conspired against this lady should be in prison by now. Nigeria will remain backward if we keep supporting evil and if the police keep taking bribes to favour certain people. My one cent.
What if she is the one that wants to vacate the shop and the landlord refuses that she must continue as a tenant in that shop?
Will the landlord be justified then?

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:39pm On May 27, 2018
greenmonk:

What if she is the one that wants to vacate the shop and the landlord refuses that she must continue as a tenant in that shop?
Will the landlord be justified then?

The landlord can never be justified by his actions in any way. Either he wants her to vacate and she's yet to leave or she wants to vacate and the landlord doesn't want her to leave, whichever way it's completely unlawful for him to take the law into his hands and break into the lady's shop and steal her money and goods. I think he just wants to frustrate her to leave.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 27, 2018
The thing many landlords don't know is this. Whatever bad thing u are doing to your tenants, if your own son or daughter travels to another state maybe for work or school, if someone else does that to your child will you be happy? What goes around comes around. Whatever you do to others out of wickedness, someone will do it to your own relation or children.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by dlondonbadboy: 10:24pm On May 27, 2018
Fent:
The thing many landlords don't know is this. Whatever bad thing u are doing to your tenants, if your own son or daughter travels to another state maybe for work or school, if someone else does that to your child will you be happy? What goes around comes around. Whatever you do to others out of wickedness, someone will do it to your own relation or children.

The law favours tenants. Why can't she take the landlord to court...
Take the landlord to court for breaking her shop....and claim damages.
Illiteracy will not allow you people know your rights...

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 10:56pm On May 27, 2018
dlondonbadboy:

The law favours tenants. Why can't she take the landlord to court...
Take the landlord to court for breaking her shop....and claim damages.
Illiteracy will not allow you people know your rights...

I don't see any reason why anyone would directly or indirectly support the landlord for such action which clearly breached the law, so I was amazed to see lots of people on the previous thread blaming this innocent lady and just generally finding faults with her instead of tackling the real issues. I think it's because many of them in that property section are landlords so they're biased against tenants because of the previous experiences of some of them had with bad tenants. But that doesn't mean there are no good tenants out there.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by HtwoOw: 7:04am On May 28, 2018
Nigerians are messed up in the head , It's hard to honestly tell what is good, bad , manageable or pure evil without prejudice or tribal sentiment

What landlord did was wrong, Police not doing their job is wrong, I am just tired of this nation

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:38am On May 28, 2018
Really a messed up country.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:41am On May 28, 2018
HtwoOw:
Nigerians are messed up in the head , It's hard to honestly tell what is good, bad , manageable or pure evil without prejudice or tribal sentiment

What landlord did was wrong, Police not doing their job is wrong, I am just tired of this nation

You're right. People attach sentiments and tribalism to a lot of things instead of being objective. I think a lot of people in this country are generally imatutre and dishonest.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Lajet: 8:56am On May 28, 2018
Fent:

You're right. People attach sentiments and tribalism to a lot of things instead of being objective. I think a lot of people in this country are generally imatutre and dishonest.

But his Yoruba brothers and Sisters are those who leave the issue at hand and attached tribalism in the matter. I don't know what happened before i have to judge we need to hear from the Landlord story. I'm also a landlord some tenants are wicked they are using because of Court system in Nigeria is too slow to frustrate their Landlord. I don't waste my time again in Court for Suborn tenants i used thugs to eject them from my house since the court have failed us.after i finished ejecting the person i will told you to do your worst
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by BabaRamota1980: 8:56am On May 28, 2018
OP,
I dont understand.... Do you not know we are in a capitalist market? Commerce and enterprise is an exchange. Goods and services are traded with money and securities. If you default you must bow out. What part of that do you not understand?
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:07am On May 28, 2018
Lajet:

But his Yoruba brothers and Sisters are those who leave the issue at hand and attached tribalism in the matter. I don't know what happened before i have to judge we need to hear from the Landlord story. I'm also a landlord some tenants are wicked they are using because of Court system in Nigeria is too slow to frustrate their Landlord. I don't waste my time again in Court for Suborn tenants i used thugs to eject them from my house since the court have failed us.after i finished ejecting the person i will told you to do your worst

That is wrong. Even if your tenant is stubborn or whatever, u still have to follow the due process & get your lawyer to serve them quit notice and take them to court. The court will be the one to eject them, not you. You can't take the law into your own hands.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:21am On May 28, 2018
Pls Moderators, kindly move to the front page to balance this story. Let people know what really happened in this story. For me I've done my part. Let any other person who read this story also go and find out the truth. This is the only way Nigeria can develop.

Cc Seun, Lalasticlala
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Lajet: 9:25am On May 28, 2018
Fent:

That is wrong. Even if your tenant is stubborn or whatever, u still have to follow the due process & get your lawyer to serve them quit notice and take them to court. The court will be the one to eject them, not you. You can't take the law into your own hands.

If it's wrong why should a tenant rent expired he or she will refused to pay not only that the person will be changeling you in your own house i build with my hard earned money without government support if you go to court the will keep on Adjourning the cases to years why should i waste my money paying a lawyer and also waste my time . I don't waste my precious time for Stubborn and Arrogant tenant again since they have know that house rent court case take time to settle in Court they will stay in your house for one year without paying their house rent.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:31am On May 28, 2018
Lajet:

If it's wrong why should a tenant rent expired he or she will refused to pay not only that the person will be changeling you in your own house i build with my hard earned money without government support if you go to court the will keep on Adjourning the cases to years why should i waste my money paying a lawyer and also waste my time . I don't waste my precious time for Stubborn and Arrogant tenant again since they have know that house rent court case take time to settle in Court they will stay in your house for one year without paying their house rent.

Yes we know there are stubborn tenants but that doesn't mean a landlord should take the law into his hands. I think it's always better to be careful the type of tenant u allow into your house. I think it is better not to rush to rent out your house to tenants because of the money. It's always better to be careful & screen them very well before taking them.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:40am On May 29, 2018
A lot of things are wrong with the system in this country.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Lusola15: 9:57am On May 29, 2018
Fent:
A lot of things are wrong with the system in this country.

Bros I need to be honest with you, she over sold her story when she said 150k in cash and 800k worth of goods were stolen, Nigerian are not stupid, even the court will ask her to provide the receipt of the goods stolen and back up her claim of 150k. No one is saying what the landlord did was right, but when most people got to the part of the missing money and goods they stop believing her

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:44am On May 29, 2018
Lusola15:

Bros I need to be honest with you, she over sold her story when she said 150k in cash and 800k worth of goods were stolen, Nigerian are not stupid, even the court will ask her to provide the receipt of the goods stolen and back up her claim of 150k. No one is saying what the landlord did was right, but when most people got to the part of the missing money and goods they stop believing her

But the money & goods were actually stolen. It's a very busy place & the shop is well stocked with goods. I'm really surprised. Are Nigerians that poor that a shop owner cannot have that small amount of 170k in her shop? She said 170k not 150k as u stated. It shows u too didn't even read it properly before commenting. What a country!
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by greenmonk: 11:18am On May 30, 2018
Fent:

As you progress thru the court they (the court will be paying your bills and childrens school fees)?
That the law is sckewed against the land should not make us to lose sight of what is morally right or wrong.
After using a premeises for several years you refuse increase in rent because the law is in your favour and expect the land lord to fold his hands.
Once a landlord asks me for increase in his house rent I either pay up, negotiate with him or evoke the tenancy notification clause which is three months notice to relinquish the premises because his house is a business venture.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 30, 2018
greenmonk:

As you progress thru the court they (the court will be paying your bills and childrens school fees)?
That the law is sckewed against the land should not make us to lose sight of what is morally right or wrong.
After using a premeises for several years you refuse increase in rent because the law is in your favour and expect the land lord to fold his hands.
Once a landlord asks me for increase in his house rent I either pay up, negotiate with him or evoke the tenancy notification clause which is three months notice to relinquish the premises because his house is a business venture.

Sir nobody is saying a landlord is not entitled to get his rent when it's due. But I think whatever any landlord wants to do should be the proper thing under the law. The landlord cannot be a law unto himself.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jun 17, 2018
Whoever breaks the law should be punished, no story.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Alariiwo: 12:09am On Jun 18, 2018
Tales of the lying tenant..

She was using the landlord's property to her own advantage without paying and you think Nigerians are fools to sympathize with a dishonest person?

No conscience people *hiss.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:19am On Jun 18, 2018
Alariiwo:
Tales of the lying tenant..

She was using the landlord's property to her own advantage without paying and you think Nigerians are fools to sympathize with a dishonest person?

No conscience people *hiss.

So were u there? How could u conclude she was using the property to her own advantage? Who told u she's owing? Did u even read the story to know what really happened? Ohh so u just concluded without knowing what really happened??
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:21am On Jun 18, 2018
After your investigation, what else have you done?
I was reading to see where you helped her get a good lawyer and fix the problem but no, you chose to come to Nairaland first.

Please render the needed help first before any further thing.

1 Like

Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:48am On Jun 18, 2018
CaptJeffry:
After your investigation, what else have you done?
I was reading to see where you helped her get a good lawyer and fix the problem but no, you chose to come to Nairaland first.

Please render the needed help first before any further thing.

Really?

Must I tell u what I've done for her? I don't have to make it public here. You too can help her if u wish. What happened to her can happen to anybody. Have a nice day.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 8:58am On Jun 18, 2018
The mentality of most Nigerians has been destroyed by illiteracy and corruption which is why some actually say the super eagles did not play badly and the Croatians did not play anything.

What is the update with the tenant?

Extortion/Authority Stealing in Nigeria is now like a normal thing, people just comply without thinking it through.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:01am On Jun 18, 2018
otokx:
The mentality of most Nigerians has been destroyed by illiteracy and corruption which is why some actually say the super eagles did not play badly and the Croatians did not play anything.

What is the update with the tenant? Extortion/Authority Stealing in Nigeria is now like a normal thing, people just comply without thinking it through.

Thank u my brother. That's the problem with Nigeria. As for the tenant I will give u the update shortly.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 18, 2018
otokx:

What is the update with the tenant?

Extortion/Authority Stealing in Nigeria is now like a normal thing, people just comply without thinking it through.

Now this is the update I can get. The landlord and the Iyalode have bribed the police at Area 'G' police command, Ogba, Lagos, in order to escape justice & they have compromised the police but I know they will definitely face the law eventually. The story has been published in the Punch newspapers of 15th June 2018 at page 5. You can read it by clicking on this link: http://punchng.com/hairdresser-accuses-landlord-of-destroying-shop/

The matter is still on since the media is now interested in it. Let's join hands to build this country. Let's join hands to say no to cheating, bribery and corruption & say no to injustice.

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc OAM4J,
Cc Mynd44
Cc Seun
Cc Dominique
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:30am On Jun 18, 2018
That's the situation. We must stamp out bribery and corruption in Nigeria.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 18, 2018
Fent:

Now this is the update I can get. The landlord and the Iyalode have bribed the police at Area 'G' police command, Ogba, Lagos, in order to escape justice & they have compromised the police but I know they will definitely face the law eventually. The story has been published in the Punch newspapers of 15th June 2018 at page 5. You can read it by clicking on this link: http://punchng.com/hairdresser-accuses-landlord-of-destroying-shop/

The matter is still on since the media is now interested in it. Let's join hands to build this country. Let's join hands to say no to cheating, bribery and corruption & say no to injustice.

Cc Lalasticlala
Cc OAM4J,
Cc Mynd44
Cc Seun
Cc Dominique

That’s the update on that story for now.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by otokx(m): 3:02pm On Jun 18, 2018
A lawyer may need to escalate this matter to the state high command and also get some sort of arbitration where possible to reduce state legal costs.
Re: Rejoinder: Is Breaking Of Shop & Stealing No More Crimes In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 18, 2018
otokx:
A lawyer may need to escalate this matter to the state high command and also get some sort of arbitration where possible to reduce state legal costs.

Good suggestion there.

(1) (2) (Reply)

SARS officer Beats Teacher with Gun, Shoots His Left Leg (Photos) / Small Japron The Most Notorious Armed Rober And Hired Killer In Shomolu Bariga / AMAZING!!! Body Of Man Missing Found 22 Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.