Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,997 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

$16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu (13557 Views)

N180bn For Delta, Akwa Ibom Got N130bn — N544bn Derivation Fund Was Shared / How $300 Million NNPC Fund Was Secretly Lodged’ / $16bn Power Sector Fraud: Obasanjo Replies Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

$16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 6:22am On May 28, 2018
Former Governor of Abia State, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu who served as governor between 1999 and 2007 when Obasanjo was president, spoke yesterday on a Channels Television programme, Politics Today, and he alleged that there was no project done with the $16billion, adding that there was a huge corruption under Obasanjo’s administration.

Orji Uzor Kalu who alleged that the $16 billion allegedly spent on power projects during the administration of former President Olusegun Obasanjo, was shared by friends of the former president, stated that there was no project done with the $16billion as he called for the probe of Obasanjo’s government.

He said: “I know that $16billion is missing.

There was no project done with that money. That money was shared among people who are loyal to Obasanjo. And that is statement of fact. The money was shared by Obasanjo’s friends; they are the people who shared the money. “It is not only electricity that should be probed; there are many other things that should be probed in terms of probing what any person in government did. There are many other mistakes that that government made.

We had a lot of disagreements. A lot of import licenses were issued to a lot of people who never deserve it. A lot of money were given to many businessmen which are unaccountable by that government. “If Obasanjo’s government deserves to be probed, he should be probed.

I don’t see anything wrong in probing any government that has taken Nigerian people’s money. The money belongs to the people of Nigeria. There was a huge corruption under Obasanjo’s government in not only the power sector. I wrote him a letter telling him.

Nigeria people were deceived and national assets were sold without due process.” Ruling out the possibility of Obasanjo’s coalition upstaging the ruling party in 2019, Kalu said: “I am not afraid it is going to be a threat because Obasanjo always wants to serve himself and not serving the people. Obasanjo is only thinking for himself. He is not thinking about the masses of Nigeria. I know him better than most Nigerians know him.”

https://lailasnews.com/16bn-power-project-fund-was-shared-orji-uzor-kalu/

Lalasticlala

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by toffyz(m): 6:31am On May 28, 2018
I will always remember this man for one thing, he spent heavily on Eyinmba int. fc to land the caf champions league cup twice consecutively...around 2004 and 2005, if I'm nt mistaken.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by nzeobi(m): 6:37am On May 28, 2018
saw the program yesterday and overheard him saying obj shared the money among his friends.

who then are obj's friends if not him and his former colleagues.

49 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by Boleyndynasty2(f): 6:38am On May 28, 2018
So who did you share Abia state money with?

83 Likes 3 Shares

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by SamuelAnyawu(m): 6:42am On May 28, 2018
nzeobi:
saw the program yesterday and overheard him saying obj shared the money among his friends.

who then are obj's friends if not him and his former colleagues.

Kalu a friend to OBJ? grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by SoNature(m): 6:53am On May 28, 2018
Moreoffaith:
You must be a big fool for not saying anything all this while.

He petitioned the EFCC over Obasanjo's excesses and financial recklessness; it was in the news on nairaland last week

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by Swiftlee(m): 7:11am On May 28, 2018
Criminal points criminal!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by dplordx(m): 7:12am On May 28, 2018
Send Baba Iyabo to jail!

But Orji you should also be there with Baba as well

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by CSTR1003: 7:44am On May 28, 2018
lol .

This thread is funny.

2 Likes

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by fergie001: 7:49am On May 28, 2018
Orji Uzor Kalu..........

This one,maybe he is one of apc's leaders,but in Abia state,let him leave Igbere without his security........

Where is that his mother sef?

OBJ is as ultra-corrupt as you are....there is nothing good that can come out of you.....

Please,those who weren't in Abia when he was governor,I appeal to you not to take him serious,please......

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:22am On May 28, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:

Kalu a friend to OBJ? grin
was his friend. He housed obj after he left jail

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by ElsonMorali: 8:33am On May 28, 2018
$16 Billion.

Sixteen Billion DOLLARS.

SIXTEEN BILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!

lipsrsealed

18 Likes 5 Shares

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by ViaFast: 8:33am On May 28, 2018
cool
Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by limeta(f): 8:34am On May 28, 2018
His was there so how much did he get
Chairman how much reach yr hand
Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by josephace2020: 8:34am On May 28, 2018
lol..Everyone up there is corrupt. Everyone!

Want to learn 2D video animation? follow my signature link.

1 Like

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by DWJOBScom(m): 8:34am On May 28, 2018
Continuing the good job that got you freed from all your corruption charges!

Sell coat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by tolexy007(m): 8:34am On May 28, 2018
g
Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by nairalandbuzz(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2018
Story story... story... for this 9ja
Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:35am On May 28, 2018

I don’t see anything wrong in probing any government that has taken Nigerian people’s money. The money belongs to the people of Nigeria. There was a huge corruption under Obasanjo’s government in not only the power sector. I wrote him a letter telling him.

Nigeria people were deceived and national assets were sold without due process.” Ruling out the possibility of Obasanjo’s coalition upstaging the ruling party in 2019, Kalu said: “I am not afraid it is going to be a threat because Obasanjo always wants to serve himself and not serving the people. Obasanjo is only thinking for himself. He is not thinking about the masses of Nigeria. I know him better than most Nigerians know him.

MATTERS ARISING......

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by Anegbettedude: 8:35am On May 28, 2018
na wa oh
Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by Xisnin(m): 8:35am On May 28, 2018
Yes, including Orji himself.
Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:35am On May 28, 2018
Let them keep casting themselves, at some point the revolution would be televised.
OUK used to be an Atiku man, he has been hibernating for the past few years, now Buhari has resurrected his dying political career and OUK is doing just fine as an arselicker but her should learn from his brother, the now infamous Rochas Okorocha who worshipped his northern paymasters better, sold out his brothers , killed his people but has been dumped in the political pit of ignominy.

3 Likes

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:36am On May 28, 2018
If it is coming from Orji Uzor Kalu then there is no doubt about it

The two of them were besties until they had a fall out!

Something Stella the wife of Obasanjo could not even resolve before she kicked the bucket undecided

Na them them. They know each other veeeeeeery well

The issue is that why these sudden announcement though it was coming after OBJ attacked Buhari

But if you want to probe him probe him and let's move forward!

5 Likes

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by talk2archy: 8:36am On May 28, 2018
including ur mama

1 Like

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by Nobody: 8:36am On May 28, 2018
Snitching so your corruption case is dropped. What did he do as Governor of 8yrs

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: $16bn Power Project Fund Was Shared – Orji Uzor Kalu by Abfinest007(m): 8:36am On May 28, 2018
weather it was shared by orji uzor kalu or obj all we know is that all of them are corrupt.buhari charge them

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Group Debunks Tinubu 2019 Presidential Ambition Declaration On October 1 / Bye-Elections: APC Wins Kosofe II, Dass, Bakori State Constituencies / German Chancellor, Olaf Scholz Hails Tinubu’s Reforms, To Visit Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.