Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,406 members, 7,819,445 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:26 PM

Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi (17293 Views)

Facebook Community Leadership Program: Nigeria To Benefit From $10m Investment / How To Invest In The Nigerian Stock Exchange / I Seriously Need A Reliable Investment Platform To Invest Pls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 9:31am On May 28, 2018
Why I didn't invest in Afghanistan and Syria. It is for the simple fact that investors are people. Investors have spouses. Investors have children. They need hospitals and schools. Sometimes a playground to play.

Afghanistan and Syria are very bad places to invest. not because there are no opportunity there, but the opportunity cost is too high. You could get killed.

Some people are angry at me because I am going to Liberia to invest. They said people need jobs in Nigeria. That is true. Many people don't know that I have fought different types of forces in Nigeria. Customs, Immigration, Police, Governors, Area Boys, Fulani herdsmen, even the civil servants and even ordinary citizens. Actually, it is a wonder that I am still alive. It wasn't like some people would do, come to Nigeria for few weeks and go back to New York to their regular job. No, I was grinding it out in NIgeria, sometimes I stayed an entire year at a time. I even came with my bulletproof vest because some guys were shooting at it..

Yes, I know what some people are thinking. No, it wasn't spiritual attack, It is just a lot of bad people living in a chaotic and disorderly country. They put so much obstacles on the way of progress that it seems that is their calling for humanity.

After sometimes, it doesn't make any more sense to continue to risk one's live in the name of investment. hat is not investment but a suicide mission. Investment is not sentiments, it involved serious money earned through hard work by people. That is the same reason I didn't invest in Afghanistan or Syria.

Although, Nigerians needs investors, the place is not ready for investors. The citizens are not even thought on how to deal with investors.

Most countries of the world have policy on how their citizens deals with Investors because investors are people. For now, they are not safe in Nigeria. Nigerians need awakening of consciousness. People must wake up to their responsibilities because The Customs, Immigration, Police, Governors, Area Boys, Fulani herdsmen and the civil servants are all people.

till now my wife of almost 30 years still don't have a resident permit in Nigeria. It is always one story after the other.

All Nigerians must realised that the entire country is dragged down collectively through national effort and not just by one single individual.

So, I will try Liberia, maybe we can succeed there and spread the love to Nigeria later. However, if they behave like Nigerians I will stop investing in Africa for good. I am not bitter, but just a realist. Then I could say like Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh said:

"I have done my bit."

But, I still won't invest in Afghanistan or Syria.

https://m.facebook.com/AromsAigbehi/photos/a.160241647815285.1073741828.158338594672257/379730482533066/?type=3

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:44am On May 28, 2018
Good LUCK in your new terrain.
The farmer has some good and valid reasons for living tho.

Nigeria will be GREAT AGAIN.

Adieza:

When he wants to bring Tractors to Nigeria.
when Fulani is disturbing his farm, he went to buy Barb wires from China,The custom seized it that they want $5 Million For it
This is too sad and CRAZY then!!

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by Jasen1(m): 9:48am On May 28, 2018
Take me along with you, I can do any kind of job

As long as its legit and good salary

14 Likes

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by Nobody: 9:54am On May 28, 2018
Undiluted truth... to all those still pushing their various businesses and pushing hard, Nigeria deserves you.

-A country where some people are paying Nepa to take light..
-A country where some people divert fuel just to sell black market..
-A country where traditional rulers would ask for millions for an organization to build road and schools for their community..
-A country where employers never acknowledge your strengths just so you would never be empowered to leave..
-A country where oil companies sabotage refineries just so their private filling stations would thrive..
-A country where the schools of the poor are neglected so as the wards to become tools to the rich.
-A country where the best brains get 240 above to secure admission while below average get less than half to secure same admission.
-A country where its security outfits only listens to the highest bidder.
-A country that the rich evade tax while the poor cant even run a business without multiple taxation.
-A country that an aspirant goes into position with just a home and comes out with 5 highrise, 30 duplex, 15 luxury cars, directorship in bluechip companies, 7 estates in a space of 4 years with a salary of less than N1m..
-A country where the poor are empowered with shoe shinning kits while the rich file their children on scholarships meant for militants, Idp's, brilliant minds, War soldiers, medicals for the poor etc..
- A country where the rule of law only works for the poor..
A country where dreams are killed even before they are hatched.

168 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by Rucheen(m): 10:01am On May 28, 2018
Why take permission

3 Likes

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 10:17am On May 28, 2018
Rucheen:
Why take permission
From who?
Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by Blue3k(m): 10:36am On May 28, 2018
Wish the author elaborated on his struggles with customs.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 10:45am On May 28, 2018
Blue3k:
Wish the author elaborated on his struggles with customs.
when Fulani is disturbing his farm, he went to buy Barb wires from China,The custom seized it that they want $5 Million For it.

20 Likes

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by Blue3k(m): 10:53am On May 28, 2018
Adieza:

when Fulani is disturbing his farm, he went to buy Barb wires from China,The custom seized it that they want $5 Million For it.

Wow thats tragic. 5 million dollars for barb wire imports thats mind blowing. Agricultural development is the policy but they're making capital good imports difficult.

20 Likes

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by CSTR1003: 10:56am On May 28, 2018
And this is under the so called government of change .

12 Likes

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by Adieza(m): 11:34am On May 28, 2018
Blue3k:

Wow thats tragic. 5 million dollars for barb wire imports thats mind blowing. Agriculture developmenr is policy but they're making capital good imports difficult.

He later abandoned them with them

15 Likes

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:52am On May 28, 2018
Adieza:

That is crazy

4 Likes

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by emmabest2000(m): 11:52am On May 28, 2018
Adieza:

From who?
Sense is not common shocked

Reread the comment you quoted, but this time slowly

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by BlackHatNaija: 11:53am On May 28, 2018
That's why we should appreciate people like Dangote.

I guess he's not meeting the right people. Nigeria is ready for investors especially in the Agro sector that he belongs. I know it's difficult with the telecommunication sector as the rate of bribery is high.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by back2sender: 11:57am On May 28, 2018
Bye bye oooo. We need PEOPLE who will stay with Nigeria n not weakling.
Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by MPESA(m): 11:58am On May 28, 2018
post=67953442:
That's why we should appreciate people like Dangote.

I guess he's not meeting the right people. Nigeria is ready for investors especially in the Agro sector that he belongs. I know it's difficult with the telecommunication sector as the rate of bribery is high.
Why?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by TheNigerianMan: 11:59am On May 28, 2018
If the working conditions is not favoring yu the best thing is to take your business elsewhere. This man got that covered.

Wow

NEED LOANS FAST? Best Small Business Loan Websites You Can Use To Boost Your Business
www.smalllbusinessloans..com/2018/05/best-small-business-loan-websites-you.html
Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by Temple1288(m): 11:59am On May 28, 2018
Nigeria!! Truth be told, there are people who don't want Nigeria to develop and they ain't dying any moment..

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by SalamRushdie: 12:00pm On May 28, 2018
Till people like Buhari are uprooted from within us Nigeria can never be great

8 Likes

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by enimooko: 12:00pm On May 28, 2018
no more free chop- go meet george weah
Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by sirzent(m): 12:00pm On May 28, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Till people like Buhari are uprooted from within us Nigeria can never be great

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by maxiuc(m): 12:01pm On May 28, 2018
cheesy
Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by guttentag(m): 12:02pm On May 28, 2018
Esseite:
Undiluted truth... to all those still pushing their various businesses and pushing hard, Nigeria deserves you.

-A country where traditional rulers would ask for millions for an organization to build road and schools for their community..
-A country where employers never acknowledge your strengths just so you would never be empowered to leave..
-A country where oil companies sabotage refineries just so their private filling stations would thrive..
-A country where the schools of the poor are neglected so as the wards to become tools to the rich.
-A country where the best brains get 240 above to secure admission while below average get less than half to secure same admission.
-A country that the rich evade tax while the poor cant even run a business without multiple taxation.
-A country that an aspirant goes into position with just a home and comes out with 5 highrise, 30 duplex, 15 luxury cars, directorship in bluechip companies, 7 estates in a space of 4 years with a salary of less than N1m..
-A country where the poor are empowered with shoe shinning kits while the rich file their children on scholarships meant for militants, Idp's, brilliant minds, War soldiers, medicals for the poor etc..

In Total summary, that is Nigeria, a Hopeless Country

18 Likes

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by Factfinder1(m): 12:02pm On May 28, 2018
Your wahala your money your choice of what you want to do with it

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by KEVIND: 12:02pm On May 28, 2018
Esseite:

Hmmmm. Genuine tears cascade down my cheeks.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by okomile(f): 12:03pm On May 28, 2018
Hmmmmmmm
Good luck
Stay there when we have Nigeria of our dreams in 2050 grin
Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by package7(m): 12:03pm On May 28, 2018
The reason is because you're under EFCC watch list jare shocked

Sho mo age mi sha.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by back2sender: 12:03pm On May 28, 2018
Esseite:

This are the PEOPLE Buhari is working to stop them and they are fighting back using tribalism, sponsoring religious crisis, causing wahala everywhere etc.
You cannot build an economy where corruption is the working capital.
Buhari second term is total redemption from this EVIL people and that's why they want to stop him by all means .
Am a Christian and 100% SUPPORT of Buhari, I still have faith in him.

1 Like

Re: Why I Am Leaving Nigeria To Invest In Liberia - Aroms Aigbehi by itiswellandwell: 12:03pm On May 28, 2018
Too bad

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Best Investment Option For Children Education. / UBA FIXED DEPOSIT RATE / Top 20 Profitable Business In Nigeria That Will Make You Earn Millions Of Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.