Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,268 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:57 AM

Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship (35244 Views)

Malian & Burkinabe Troops Arrive Niger Amidst Cheers From Nigeriens / Checkout The Drip On These Malian War Fighters That Got People Talking (Photos) / Meet Mamoudou Gassama: The Malian Who Saved A Child In France, The Job Offers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by Explorers(m): 11:38am On May 28, 2018
A Malian immigrant dubbed Spiderman for scaling four storeys to save a child dangling from a balcony in Paris will be made a French citizen after meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron this morning.

Mamoudou Gassama, 22, was hailed a hero for single-handedly hauling the four-year-old to safety after scaling the facade of an apartment block in the capital's 18th arrondissement.

The dramatic rescue, which saw Gassama clamber from balcony to balcony and reaching the child in less than 30 seconds, was captured on video and widely shared on social media.

He has since been compared to the Marvel superhero Spiderman.

Gassama, who said he arrived in France a few months ago 'dreaming of building his life' in the country, was pictured meeting French President Emmanuel Macron at the Elysee Palace this morning.

Macron said the migrant will be made a French citizen and will also be offered a place in the fire brigade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoZrU0byU3Y

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5777403/Paris-hero-climbs-four-storey-apartment-block-rescue-boy.html

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by Explorers(m): 11:39am On May 28, 2018
Malian immigrant Mamoudou Gassama (right), dubbed Spiderman for scaling four storeys to save a child dangling from a balcony in Paris, has met French President Emmanuel Macron (left) this morning

130 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by Nobody: 11:40am On May 28, 2018
shocked
When God decides to finally pick your call!
I marvel

330 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by Nobody: 11:40am On May 28, 2018
Just like that!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by Explorers(m): 11:40am On May 28, 2018
He is pictured this morning displaying a certificate of courage and dedication signed by Paris Police Prefect Michel Delpuech.

President Emmanuel Macron said the migrant will be made a French citizen and will also be offered a place in the fire brigade for his courage.

"All the (Gassama's) documents will be put in order," President Macron told the sporty 22-year-old who has become a national hero, referring to his immigration status.

In the meeting, live footage of which was carried on the president's Facebook page, President Macron gave Gassama a medal for bravery.

Without a thought for his own safety, Gassama took just seconds to reach the child in a spectacular rescue captured on film and viewed millions of times on social networks.

"I was not thinking of anything.

I went straight up", Gassama, who wore jeans and a short-sleeved patterned shirt, told Macron, recounting the episode.

"Bravo," Macron replied.

"I'm pleased because it's the first time I've received a trophy like that," Gassama, who arrived in France in September 2017 and lives in a hostel for immigrants, said after receiving his medal.

The incident took place at around 8pm on Saturday in northern Paris.

41 Likes

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by ramdris(m): 11:54am On May 28, 2018
Call answered! The Guy is very brave I must say..watch the clips on CNN. Well done man.

65 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 28, 2018
black Spider Man

4 Likes

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by roqrules04(m): 12:30pm On May 28, 2018
Developed countries really knows how to reward good deeds.

If na Nigeria here, SARS will arrest him asking him how he knew how to climb houses if his not a thief grin

555 Likes 65 Shares

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by kaybright44(m): 12:31pm On May 28, 2018
T
Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by BlackHatNaija: 12:31pm On May 28, 2018
He's a hero!
Looking at the video, I was scared the baby could drop. That guy is the real Black Panther.

34 Likes

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by kennosklint(m): 12:33pm On May 28, 2018
Village people don finally commot hand from him body

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by UNIZIK1stSon(m): 12:33pm On May 28, 2018
Chai!

See country ooo.....he even met with the President

No be this Naija wey u go suffer finish, dem go still call you "Lazy"

Tufiakwa!

Warning! Don't Click This!!!! Unless You are Staying Outside Nigeria...!!

5 Likes

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by coolcatty: 12:33pm On May 28, 2018
Just look at what God can do.....congrats brother

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by olatade(m): 12:33pm On May 28, 2018
Donald Trump: "If I had been in Paris, I would have climbed up to the fourth floor to save the child, too. Easily. And probably better and more quickly. In fact, I have done things like this many times, but nobody filmed it. But I don't care, I don't want to brag. I never brag. But I am the biggest child-saver in history. Everybody knows that."

38 Likes

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by sagerasaq: 12:33pm On May 28, 2018
Village people no fit stop dis kind Determination..

3 Likes

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by maxiuc(m): 12:33pm On May 28, 2018
grin

Father oh Lord as I won enter Yankee God Almighty please create a problem over there that only me can solve

I key into this favour oh Lord

70 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by Ademat7(m): 12:34pm On May 28, 2018
fact
roqrules04:
Developed countries really knows how to reward good deeds.

If na Nigeria here, SARS will arrest him asking him how he knew how to climb houses if his not a thief grin

16 Likes

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by Greenbirth: 12:34pm On May 28, 2018
Now watch how his dressing will change. During stay in migrant camp he wear 500naira jeans till the day of rescue. From today check him up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by ollah2: 12:34pm On May 28, 2018
If this happened in Nigeria, SARS will arrest him and conclude he is an armed robber else he wouldn't have known how to climb.

This should send message to the racist Trump who doesn't like immigrants.

Kudos young man

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by Nobody: 12:34pm On May 28, 2018
when ever you desire greatness great task would be required of you to achieve such a feat.

thumbs up bro

lord send my great task as well

3 Likes

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by rozayx5(m): 12:35pm On May 28, 2018
cool
Tight

He met the President today

And was given a job and citizen

Good country

27 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by chuks34(m): 12:35pm On May 28, 2018
wow
he's indeed a hero
Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by Nobody: 12:35pm On May 28, 2018
cheesy

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by Bossontop(m): 12:35pm On May 28, 2018
cheesy grin
Just watched d video 3 times and am still amazed...such bravery is Very commendable.... He deserves d highest of accolades and more.......#respeck man
An example of someone dat still sees human life as sacred

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by damilare442: 12:36pm On May 28, 2018
Hmmm
Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by miqos02(m): 12:36pm On May 28, 2018
Cool
Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by okomile(f): 12:36pm On May 28, 2018
Sane country.

No one will try that in 9ja.

Who wan die?

Congrats guy!
God has answered your prayers. Make the best of it.

4 Likes

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by ZombiePUNISHER: 12:36pm On May 28, 2018
Yarimo and sarkin see your mate

Dey here for nairaland and continue sai barbering grin

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malian Scaled 4 Storeys To Save Child In Paris, Met President, Gets Citizenship by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:36pm On May 28, 2018
HIGHLY IMPRESSED

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ukraine Slams Russia For Visiting Africa / Coup Attempt In Burkina Faso / Ukraine: Sanctions May Cause Space Station To Crash - Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.