Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,523 members, 7,837,002 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Abortions: Sexual Education 101 (for Dummies) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Abortions: Sexual Education 101 (for Dummies) (454 Views)

"After Being Side Chic For 6 Years, 33 Abortions, He Proposed & I Said.." - Lady / The 18 Different Methods Of Birth Control: Sex Education 101 (for Dummies) / Lara Kudayisi: "I Had A Child At 19, 15 Abortions & 14 Heartbreaks, Now Married" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Abortions: Sexual Education 101 (for Dummies) by Ivorianaija(f): 4:13pm On May 28, 2018
Is abortion the right option for me?
Having an unintended pregnancy is very common, and many people decide to have an abortion. Only you know what’s best for you, but good information and support can really help you make the decision that is best for your own health and well-being.

Why do people decide to have an abortion?
If you’re thinking about having an abortion, you’re so not alone. Millions of people face unplanned pregnancies every year, and about 4 out of 10 of them decide to get an abortion. Some people with planned pregnancies also get abortions because of health or safety reasons. Within Nigeria, rates of abortion vary: In 2012, there were 27 abortions per 1,000 women aged 15–49 in the South West and North Central zones; 31 per 1,000 in the North West and South East zones; and 41 and 44 per 1,000 in the North East and South South zones, respectively.

Sometimes, the decision is simple. Other times, it’s complicated. But either way, the decision to have an abortion is personal, and you’re the only one who can make it.
Everyone has their own unique and valid reasons for having an abortion. Some of the many different reasons people decide to end a pregnancy include:
They want to be the best parent possible to the kids they already have.

-They’re not ready to be a parent yet.

-It’s not a good time in their life to have a baby.

-They want to finish school, focus on work, or achieve other goals before having a baby.

-They’re not in a relationship with someone they want to have a baby with.

-They’re in an abusive relationship or were sexually assaulted.

-The pregnancy is bad for their health.

-They just don’t want to be a parent.

What can I think about to help me decide?
Family, relationships, school, work, life goals, health, safety, and personal beliefs — people think carefully about these things before having an abortion. But you’re the only person walking in your shoes, and the only person who can decide whether to have an abortion. The decision is 100% yours.
Here are some things to consider if you are thinking about an abortion:

Am I ready to be a parent?

-Would I consider adoption?

-What would it mean for my future if I had a child now?

-What would it mean for my family if I had a child now?

-How would being a parent affect my career goals?

-Do I have strong personal or religious beliefs about abortion?

-Is anyone pressuring me to have or not have an abortion?
Re: Abortions: Sexual Education 101 (for Dummies) by Emotionless100: 4:21pm On May 28, 2018
K

(1) (Reply)

Changes They Need To Make For A Fascinating NL Get Together / “hotdog Is Made Of Dog Meat” – Man Narrates How Slay Queen Embarrassed Him / Overcoming Social Anxiety

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.