Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,484 members, 7,836,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:07 PM

How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread (574 Views)

When She Tells You, No Sex Before Marriage / Can You Date Your Boss Or Colleague?: Nigerians React / Let Be Sincere, How Long Should The First Round Of Sex Last? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread by LadiesGist(f): 7:04pm On May 28, 2018

HOW LONG SHOULD YOU DATE BEFORE MARRIAGE?
- Let's Discuss

I am tired of seeing people compare their lives with others’ on the internet! Let’s talk about dating, using Meghan Markle, and Prince Harry as an example.

Let me make this clear, guys, so no one keeps deceiving you. A MAN ONLY GETS MARRIED WHEN HE IS READY!

I see people saying Prince Harry dated Chelsy Davy for seven years and didn’t marry her, but married Meghan after a year of dating. Now you are beginning to compare that with your man you have been dating for 4 years or more.

Okay let’s say you started dating a man from college till you graduated and you both begin to look for a job then start planning your future, how many years do you think that will take? Let’s say 6. Along the line, a man who is searching for a wife because he’s ready or old enough to be married, comes your way and you agree to marry him, then you marry him in less than a year, do you also open your mouth to say “I dated my boyfriend for 6 years and he didn’t marry me, but my husband married me in less than a year?”

That man married you because he is ready for marriage and was obviously looking for a wife! Stop going around deceiving people that a man that loves you will marry you fast! As a matter of fact, a man that loves you will take his time with you. Why will he rush when he’s gonna spend his life with you forever?

Back to Prince Harry, and Meghan Markle, Prince Harry started dating his ex Chelsy Davy from 2004-2011, and guess what? She broke up with him! He didn’t break up with her! She broke up with him because she couldn’t keep up with being a Royal girlfriend. That means she would have still left even if he married her.

From 2011-2017 when he met Megan is 6 years and that’s enough time for him to move on. Who told you he wouldn’t have gotten married to Chelsy? Men do not leave the women they love! Half of the time, it’s always the women that leave them, that they end up getting married to any woman that is available when they are ready to get married.

I remember I was on and off with my ex because he was a serial cheat till he wanted to get married to me in 2015 or thereabout, and I said no! Why? Because he will keep cheating and I don’t want that. He desperately wanted to be married because of his age not because he was ready, and he finally found someone and got married. Now someone is gonna tell this story this way “He dated Moxie for about three years or more, but didn’t marry her. He dumped her and married another woman under few months of meeting her”. What a dumb analysis!

This is why you should never let anyone pressure you! Many people are not married to who they love all because of pressure and “I wanna belong”. It’s none of my business how you choose to live your life! But do not deceive others just for social media hype, and temporary happiness. There are so many unhappy marriages, high rate of divorce, and high rate of cheating. Why?

Some will tell you a man can cheat and still love you. Of course, but that is a selfish man!, and is love selfish? Cheating is an act of selfishness! And loving someone is mental because while your body wants it, your mind won’t let it happen.

SUMMARY: There is no rule on how long you should date before marriage but a man only gets married when he’s ready. If you pressure him, he may marry you but he won’t make you happy. So if you think your man is wasting time, it’s either you leave or you stay. The choice is yours but stop comparing already-made men looking for a wife, and a man that’s still working hard to stand on his feet without shaking.

Drop your comments in the comment box below.

Source: http://www.ladiesgist.com/ladies-gist-how-long-should-you-date-before-marriage/

Cc: Rocktation
farano
Re: How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread by eezeribe(m): 7:13pm On May 28, 2018
As long as the both of you want... It could be between one day to one hundred years...

1 Like

Re: How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On May 28, 2018
1 year at most for me
Re: How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread by samyfreshsmooth(m): 7:21pm On May 28, 2018
there is no specific time frame

it depends on how much the guy loves the lady and how much respect the lady has for the guy

according to the bible @Eph 5:22-25, 33 and pocohantas,
if the guy loves the lady so much and the lady has deep respect for the guy, they can and should get married no matter how long the relationship has lasted
Re: How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread by CarlosTheJackal: 7:25pm On May 28, 2018
It's not about long you have to date rather its about you having the mental and financial strength for marriage
Re: How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread by Nobody: 7:42pm On May 28, 2018
This is spot on
Re: How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread by folake4u(f): 12:47am On May 29, 2018
As long as there's love, mutual respect and understanding from both parties, then why not?.

Some couple date for almost 10years but when they marry, it won't last up to a year before the marriage pack up like a badly arranged card while others date for even few months and still going strong.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread by horlahsunbo225(m): 12:52am On May 29, 2018
You have a valid point
I have some experiences like the one you mentioned
My former boss married his wife under 2yrs of dating voz age is not at his sides again after several dating but the marriage didn't stand the test of time

I love a long time relationship b4 marriage coz of gives a deep insight of your partner
Re: How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread by LadiesGist(f): 10:40pm On May 30, 2018
eezeribe:
As long as the both of you want... It could be between one day to one hundred years...

Time dot really matter, situation differs
Re: How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread by LadiesGist(f): 10:40pm On May 30, 2018
cheesy cheesy
horlahsunbo225:
You have a valid point
I have some experiences like the one you mentioned
My former boss married his wife under 2yrs of dating voz age is not at his sides again after several dating but the marriage didn't stand the test of time

I love a long time relationship b4 marriage coz of gives a deep insight of your partner
Re: How Long Should You Date Before Marriage? - A Thread by LadiesGist(f): 10:41pm On May 30, 2018
Exactly
folake4u:
As long as there's love, mutual respect and understanding from both parties, then why not?.

Some couple date for almost 10years but when they marry, it won't last up to a year before the marriage pack up like a badly arranged card while others date for even few months and still going strong.

(1) (Reply)

Let’s Play A Game / Feminism Isn’t Part Of The African Culture! / Is It Okay To Marry Someone Younger Than I Am?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.