Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:35 AM

Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? (19703 Views)

What The Hometown Of Buhari, Has Benefitted From His Administration / The N5.5 Billion Football Field The Engineer Renovated Or A Swimming Pool. PICS. / INEC Website Shows How Buhari Benefitted From Manual Voting In 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by Olaiya26: 10:03am On May 29, 2018
The initiative is called Conditional Cash Transfer(CCT). Some of the states benefitting this are Anambra, Ekiti, Bauchi, Taraba etc. From what i know its meant for the poorest of the poor and not the average Nigerian.
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by ivieeseosa: 10:06am On May 29, 2018
Only the Fulani herdsmen that are killing. Insentive for the boys
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by Nackzy: 10:11am On May 29, 2018
It will never be well with buhari and his cohorts.It was on nairaland some months ago that I saw a topic that says FG spends 8 Billion Monthly on the payment of 5000 to poor NIGERIANS, That is how much the cabal is looting. Cos if it were to be true it would have been more than that, cos 89% of Nigerians are poor in this present government
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by flames01: 10:18am On May 29, 2018
hucienda:
N5000. One of the many problems of the welfare state.

Who will pay for it? For how long? Is it sustainable? How about its accountability in a notoriously corrupt system as in the country? Among its many problems will be that it would further entrench the seed of dependency among the recipients.

Immediately I saw that plank in their campaign, I knew these guys were not serious.

Anyway, we all know where most of the recipients (if any) would be found in the country.

lalasticlala, over to you.

The money was given to Buhari Yusuf to buy powerbike
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by flames01: 10:20am On May 29, 2018
ednut1:
I dont know anyone who knows anyone that has collected. 2019 go sweet sha. Wen the new presido begins probing buhari

You'll be surprised that Buhari will still win despite his dumbness and uselessness

1 Like

Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by uloewa: 10:26am On May 29, 2018
plaetton:
To prove that this so-called stipends payment is scam , all you have to do is ask for the modalities for the payments.

Do government officials carry Ghana most go bags to rural villages to give cash to passersby?

Do the recipients line up at a local school or village square to receive the stipends ?

Are the recipients asked to open bank accounts to which the sums are paid into ?

If so, which Nigerian banks are involved in the administration of these payments ?

And finally, what is the audit and verification method to show that these payments are being received by the intended people ?
Which internal or external auditors have verified these expenditures ?

Is there a national assembly committee or administrative committee in any ministry that can publish audited reports about these payments ?

If none of these questions can be reasonably answered, then it's either obvious that either Buhari is being scammed by the fraudsters surrounding him , or he himself is involved in the biggest scam of the century against the Nigerian people.

NA ONLY YOU GET BRAIN FOR NAIRALAND. WHY ARE THEY NOT PAYING THE MONEY THROUGH ACCOUNT IF THEY ARE HONEST. CCT IS JUST A MEANS FOR BUHARI TO RETURN THE ABACHA RETURNED LOOT TO THE ABACHAS WHOM HE HAS ABSOLVED FROM STEALING. IF NOT WHY DID HENOT RETURN ABACHA LOOT TO TREASURY LIKE OTHER LOOT? WHY DID HE NOT PUT IT IN A VERIFIABLE PROJECT? CCT IS A SCAM
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by SPLENDID25(m): 10:34am On May 29, 2018
nymphomaniac:
Good morning. I just listened to President Buhari's democracy day speech. I am curious to know if anyone has received the 5000 naira grant being less privileged as stated by our president during his speech. He said it has been ongoing for some time now in about 9 states.

This is about verifying the veracity of the speech and not for any cheap political point.
YEAH, ITS TRUE. I CAN ATTEST TO THAT AS I KNOW OF THE LESS PREVILEGED WHO ARE BENEFACTORS.
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by luckyteno: 10:37am On May 29, 2018
the money is being paid in the north, I witnessed it last year when I was serving in jigawa state. but the man is too selective for refusing to extend it to southern States, or are there no poor & vulnerable in the south?.
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by maasoap(m): 10:39am On May 29, 2018
Chukazu:
Who cares ?
That is the last Democracy speech he will ever make as a leader...

With your 5% votes for him? It is not up to you and your people.
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by maasoap(m): 10:41am On May 29, 2018
luckyteno:
the money is being paid in the north, I witnessed it last year when I was serving in jigawa state. but the man is too selective for refusing to extend it to southern States, or are there no poor & vulnerable in the south?

You're wrong! The pilot programme was launched in the south, Ekiti state to be precise. Did you know why? I doubt it.
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by MrBONE2(m): 10:45am On May 29, 2018
penzino:
There was really a country!!! cry
And such Country is in Africa grin

1 Like

Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by senatordave1(m): 10:52am On May 29, 2018
I know of two families in ihembosi,ekwusigo lga of anambra that are receiving it.up buhari
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by skales67(m): 11:28am On May 29, 2018
maasoap:

[s]You're suffering from amnesia, you must have forgotten all the names calling before 2015 elections. May be you think power would remain in the south forever. May be you even thought others owed you. Was Igbo the president in 2015? Did igbo contest in 2015? Why are you making your case as if everything revolved around Igbos? [/s]

What is dis one saying?
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by tete7000(m): 11:38am On May 29, 2018
teemanbastos:
The N5000 is for vulnerable Nigerians not Nigerians who can afford to get a phone, subscribe and come to Nairaland.
Op should make a Live investigation and not asking this question on nairaland as an opportunity to attack what you know nothing about.
If you can nairaland, then you obviously live above $1 a day.

What criteria make a person vulnerable? I see vulnerable people daily and I am sure they are not beneficiary of any money. By the way what can N5000 do for anyone in an economy APC-led government has allowed to be battered by woes and repression, or is it recession they call it?
They say teach a man how to fish, not give him fish to eat so that he can be self sufficient and never had to beg you for food anymore. Only a government who has caused unemployment havoc thinks N5000 stipend is an achievement to boast about.
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by bornolowu(m): 12:33pm On May 29, 2018
Bolustical:
I don't think there should be anyone on Nairaland who should need the 5k. If you can afford expensive data being provided by the service providers, then you are no target for the scheme.

However, the question can be rephrased by asking anyone on Nairaland who has poor relatives in the rural areas who are benefiting from the scheme.
you are spewing rubbish, do you know how many nairalanders will colect that 5000naira just to buy data??
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by Boss347(m): 12:34pm On May 29, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
In my area, i don't know anyone.

I just asked my friends on whatsapp and Facebook and they said they don't know anyone

In my state, I don’t know anyone.
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by brimoknight(m): 1:02pm On May 29, 2018
nymphomaniac:
Good morning. I just listened to President Buhari's democracy day speech. I am curious to know if anyone has received the 5000 naira grant being less privileged as stated by our president during his speech. He said it has been ongoing for some time now in about 9 states.

This is about verifying the veracity of the speech and not for any cheap political point.

The N5,000 is meant for those who don't have big phones/gadgets to come online to let you know they are beneficiaries.
For your information, only few states Benefit from the program.
I wouldn't be surprised if you doubt the N-Power Programme too.
Go back, read and comprehend the message in his speech .
I urge you to read No. 20(b) of his speech. Where he was specific. " less privileged Nigerians are paid monthly stipends of N5,000 in 9 States............"

Lest i forget, i can think of many beneficiaries in Bauchi state. It was during the introduction of the program that most of the could afford opening a bank account.
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by Oxalic(m): 1:17pm On May 29, 2018
This FG is a very big scam!

They started this in Katsina State sometime in December last year.

http://leadership.ng/2017/12/18/fg-disburses-n5-000-monthly-stipends-katsina-poor/

The whole thing is nothing but a very big scam.
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by Ganjafama(m): 1:20pm On May 29, 2018
teemanbastos:
The N5000 is for vulnerable Nigerians not Nigerians who can afford to get a phone, subscribe and come to Nairaland.
Op should make a Live investigation and not asking this question on nairaland as an opportunity to attack what you know nothing about.
If you can nairaland, then you obviously live above $1 a day.
Speak for yourself. Coming to nairaland is free for Airtel subscribers via freebasics.

1 Like

Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by itsmeurLady(f): 1:33pm On May 29, 2018
We are our own problems in this Nigeria ooo... I saw some ppl saying anybody that has money to buy mb to subscribe is not vulnerable. Do u kno that there are cheap data plans? 500 naira? So everyone on NL is a rich person because they have data? Something is definitely wrong with your mindset if you are among these people with such mindset... self centered ppl everywhere, u will not speak for yourself, you are generalizing... some people have mb but have not eaten for a day
This bundle, people buy it monthly and not daily, so how does that correspond with their financial status? So the 1000 naira is suppose to feed them for the whole month? Some people are just sadists in this life!
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by HeyCorleone(m): 2:01pm On May 29, 2018
Bolustical:
I don't think there should be anyone on Nairaland who should need the 5k. If you can afford expensive data being provided by the service providers, then you are no target for the scheme.

However, the question can be rephrased by asking anyone on Nairaland who has poor relatives in the rural areas who are benefiting from the scheme.

This is very unintelligent.
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by lafiask: 3:30pm On May 29, 2018
the 5k is for the poor and old and is working very well in so many states. three local governments are picked from each senatorial districts. l have a friend who's company collated the data, in Kaduna state, they've been paid for like four months now.
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by Chukazu: 4:06pm On May 29, 2018
maasoap:

With your 5% votes for him? It is not up to you and your people.

No. Rather with 0% of your dead brain contents
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by Balyz: 4:16pm On May 29, 2018
CarlosTheJackal:
In my area, i don't know anyone.

I just asked my friends on whatsapp and Facebook and they said they don't know anyone
Is any of your so called friends socially challenged? The scheme was designed for the very poor and vulnerable in society. Use your head

1 Like

Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by khvnggift(m): 4:24pm On May 29, 2018
kolawoleibukun2:
you were all conned.
Lesson in life: never believe an old man for being an old man. Do your research for yourself and take responsibility for your decisions.

He has denied that he ever promised anyone cash. Do not blame Buhari but blame Goodluck for choosing to run for a 2nd tenure when he promised to run for one only. He could have handed power over to a more formidable and competent candidate. I hold two people responsible for all the Buhari nonsense. First na GEJ. sencond na Tinubu rotten teeth

GEJ phork up big time and I no go forgive am at all.

They said that Dasuki opened a gate for embezzlers to loot cash. The government has confirmed that they have retrieved cash from embezzlers. How much did they retrieve so far? The public does not know. Is that transparency? After retrieving all those cash Dasuki is still detained without any legal proceedings. Where is due process? See the speed way dem take arraign Dino melaye and charge am to court. Very speedy. Did it happen in Nigeria?

Tell me the northern governor that has been convicted for crimes. Since Mr. war against indiscipline came to power, tell me the politicians that have been sentenced to jail for any crime. And you are telling me that Buhari is working? You think he is doing anything different from the rest?
Al Mustapha killed Kudirat abiola. A man who was sentenced to death for his shocking crime was released by Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Environmentalist, Ken Saro Wiwa, a fellow southerner as Goodluck was murdered by the same Al Mustapha and his boss in 1995 For no just reason. All he was guilty of was campaigning for environmental cleansing and depollution of his community. Ken won international awards for his effort as an environmentalist but in Nigeria he was termed a criminal deserving of a very shameful death by hanging.

Goodluck house no get road na creek. The environment is full of toxic gas and chemical substances that cause cancer and many health effects and poverty to the local fish farmers. Goodluck released a serial killer who came out and started campaigning for the presidency. What a remorseless murderer. The once Abiola empire has been reduced to ashes with no one paying for it and not even an apology tendered. And Goodluck is parading himself as the father of democracy. Such a clueless and evil man. Look at the enormous hope people in the Niger Delta and other well-meaning Nigerians had. We all hoped that a man who walked to school without shoes will understand the pain of innocent children suffering in our country. Goodluck does not deserve a bit of respect or recognition. He dinned and wined with murderers and he joined them in their crimes. Such a bad example for husbands and men in entirety. Today, the south is soaked with oil spill while the revenue from the exploration is wired to the north.

U just beating around d bush
d u or not recieve d 5K ??
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by mojeks: 5:08pm On May 29, 2018
Jigawa, Kano, Kaduna, Katsina, Benue, Nasarawa, Anambra, Oyo, Ekiti, Ondo, Osun, Bauchi, Adamawa, Taraba, Bornu, Niger, Kogi, Kwara, Cross River.

Imo is starting in June.

Send me an email and you can join the team paying in Jigawa, second week of June.

udemzy101:

Pls mention the 19 states, cos it had become a norm here on nairaland, if you don't want people to bash you, you start by saying I'm not an APC or PDP support or I'm not a Buhari fan or GEJ fan.
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by coolscott(m): 5:42pm On May 29, 2018
hucienda:
N5000. One of the many problems of the welfare state.

Who will pay for it? For how long? Is it sustainable? How about its accountability in a notoriously corrupt system as in the country? Among its many problems will be that it would further entrench the seed of dependency among the recipients.

Immediately I saw that plank in their campaign, I knew these guys were not serious.

Anyway, we all know where most of the recipients (if any) would be found in the country.

lalasticlala, over to you.
They shouldn't have made that kind of promise during the campaigns
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by okwabayi(m): 10:26pm On Aug 23, 2018
Bizibi:
It is so fuuny that some people here believe in the 5k nonsense....
Your type will say BBC was paid by the APC.

https://www.nairaland.com/4693019/meet-poor-people-paid-n5000
Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by okwabayi(m): 10:28pm On Aug 23, 2018
otino:

I disagree, but stand to be corrected, if that programme is so effective then we should know, the op is not asking whether we benefit from it directly. the so called less privileged once in the society are not aliens, they live with us in the society so we should know if they benefit from it or not. as for my people in maiduguri they Dnt even know if such thing exists

BBC finally reported on the situation.

Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by okwabayi(m): 10:29pm On Aug 23, 2018
asawanathegreat:
#500 stipend is another scam from apc
...and yet they paid the BBC to carry out a real life investigation on it, shey?

Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by okwabayi(m): 10:31pm On Aug 23, 2018
gbaskiboy:
APC sponsored person spotted, Continue to show support to mediocrity
This is another APC propaganda, abi?

Re: Please Who Has Benefitted From The N5,000 Stipend To Nigerians? by okwabayi(m): 10:33pm On Aug 23, 2018
udemzy101:

Do you know anyone that have collected the N5000, if you can't answer the question, STFU.
This is #FakeNews, yes?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

February Polls: If I Lose, It Won’t Be First Time – Buhari / 2023 Presidency: South-West APC May Ostracise Osinbajo If He Contests / Bakare To Tinubu's Men: I Scored 0 Votes With My Identity, Original Credentials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.