Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:46 AM

SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies (14878 Views)

A Lion, A Bear & Tiger Rescued From Abusive Owners, Bonded Together As Siblings / 'Beauty & The Beast': Huge Bear Abandoned As A Cub Now Russian Supermodel (Pics) / Diary of my Caucasian Roscoe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by Rany4all(m): 3:22pm On Jun 18, 2018
aquadude15:

Thanks for you observation sir,
Whelping box has different design for different purpose, mine was designed in a way that the puppies are confined in their space with a stick as a barricade. Tho their mum would have access to them but she won't be able to sleep their because of the small space which would prevent her from crushing them.
When its time to feed we transfer the puppies to their mum and transfer them back after feeding.
Thanks for checking on bear's diary.
Yeah I get your thoughts, but then with your design, feeding would be on your own schedule rather than on the pups demand, right?
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by donshaize(m): 4:42pm On Jun 18, 2018
Hello, my puppies already dropped, Bear's should be anytime soon
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 6:37pm On Jun 18, 2018
Rany4all:
Yeah I get your thoughts, but then with your design, feeding would be on your own schedule rather than on the pups demand, right?
Yes sir, it is going to be at 2hours interval
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 6:38pm On Jun 18, 2018
jayned:

I really don't get your explanation but kindly remember to show us pictures of how it works when she whelps.
OK sir
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 6:39pm On Jun 18, 2018
donshaize:
Hello, my puppies already dropped, Bear's should be anytime soon
Waow
Congrat boss
How many are they?
And how are they doing?
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 6:45pm On Jun 18, 2018
Bear has been so restless and panting heavily, I belief her delivery is few hours away.
I introduced her to her box this evening, but she has really lost her appetite.

1 Like

Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 6:47pm On Jun 18, 2018
I got this newspaper for bear so she can read when she is bored grin grin

6 Likes

Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by donshaize(m): 9:05pm On Jun 18, 2018
aquadude15:

Waow
Congrat boss
How many are they?
And how are they doing?
thanks
8 in total but one was still born (male)
We got 7 healthy pups now 4f and 3m
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by donshaize(m): 9:07pm On Jun 18, 2018
aquadude15:
Bear has been so restless and panting heavily, I belief her delivery is few hours away.
I introduced her to her box this evening, but she has really lost her appetite.
anytime now grin

1 Like

Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by Rany4all(m): 9:43pm On Jun 18, 2018
aquadude15:

Yes sir, it is going to be at 2hours interval
Oh I see, but that would be so much work, don't you think? Are you going to be feeding 2hrly all night long as well?
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by rumenase(m): 10:50pm On Jun 18, 2018
Rany4all:
Oh I see, but that would be so much work, don't you think? Are you going to be feeding 2hrly all night long as well?

Hehehehe yur question make piss catch me.
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by Eveezy(m): 6:56am On Jun 19, 2018
Rany4all:
I feel it's actually a good plan if he can keep up to it, one would be able to monitor d pups closely ND mom won't choke dem
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by Rany4all(m): 8:23am On Jun 19, 2018
rumenase:

Was just thinking aloud grin...my guess is the pups will also need to feed at night abi?
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by Rany4all(m): 8:33am On Jun 19, 2018
Eveezy:

I feel it's actually a good plan if he can keep up to it, one would be able to monitor d pups closely ND mom won't choke dem
The way I see it, that plan is doable only if the doer is gonna be doing that full time (has no other engagements) or has a helper. And the doer should also be ready to skip sleeping for several days or weeks, because the pups will also need to feed at night or they'll be raising hell all night long!

For me, I'd prefer a whelping box that's safe enough for the dam to be with the pups so they can feed on demand, and I can then supplement their feeds if necessary.

Just my thoughts though!
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by Eveezy(m): 10:50am On Jun 19, 2018
Rany4all:
The way I see it, that plan is doable only if the doer is gonna be doing that full time (has no other engagements) or has a helper. And the doer should also be ready to skip sleeping for several days or weeks, because the pups will also need to feed at night or they'll be raising hell all night long!

For me, I'd prefer a whelping box that's safe enough for the dam to be with the pups so they can feed on demand, and I can then supplement their feeds if necessary.

Just my thoughts though!
You are right, personally I cannot do dt style, but I can speak from experience that a times such whelping box dt pups easily has access to mom, especially if small, the mom can suffocate some of the pups if its a large litter, I had a neo dt littered 13 pups, 12 survived, but she later suffocated 4, we tried to mk sure all pups were fed with supplements, I need to give kudos to d mom, she tried cos I couldn't keep up wit d supplement, she single handedly took care of d pups, despite the weight of a neo, she was so gentle, with each pup dt died, she learnt more how to take care of the rest. All I did sometimes wen am free was to occasionally separate dem
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by Rany4all(m): 11:25am On Jun 19, 2018
Eveezy:

You are right, personally I cannot do dt style, but I can speak from experience that a times such whelping box dt pups easily has access to mom, especially if small, the mom can suffocate some of the pups if its a large litter, I had a neo dt littered 13 pups, 12 survived, but she later suffocated 4, we tried to mk sure all pups were fed with supplements, I need to give kudos to d mom, she tried cos I couldn't keep up wit d supplement, she single handedly took care of d pups, despite the weight of a neo, she was so gentle, with each pup dt died, she learnt more how to take care of the rest. All I did sometimes wen am free was to occasionally separate dem
That is precisely why they put those side rails, to prevent or at least reduce the risk of such cases of suffocation.
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by frowland(m): 1:17pm On Jun 19, 2018
Puppies arriving soon!!!! grin
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by Eveezy(m): 1:22pm On Jun 19, 2018
Rany4all:
That is precisely why they put those side rails, to prevent or at least reduce the risk of such cases of suffocation.
OK, I just thought abt how d side rail could work, ND u right, even when d mom is resting on d wall, d pups could be under d rail behind her
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by Rany4all(m): 4:33pm On Jun 19, 2018
Eveezy:

OK, I just thought abt how d side rail could work, ND u right, even when d mom is resting on d wall, d pups could be under d rail behind her
Exactly!
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 5:29pm On Jun 19, 2018
Rany4all:
Yes sir
I have someone that will be assisting
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2018
rumenase:

No piss for body oooo
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2018
Rany4all:

Just my thoughts though!
Grammar too much
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 5:32pm On Jun 19, 2018
frowland:
Puppies arriving soon!!!! grin
Arrived already sir

1 Like

Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by pawsofdikeje(m): 5:37pm On Jun 19, 2018
Puppy show, you no update again.

we no fit steal am via nairaland nah.

aquadude15:

Arrived already sir

1 Like

Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 5:45pm On Jun 19, 2018
I have been down with malaria so I couldn't stay with bear all through.
I woked up around 2.30am today with a burning temperature, I managed to check on bear and I discovered she has whelped 5 healthy puppies (male).
So I kept on checking on her every 20mins but she didn't littered again till after 4 which was a big puppy but was dead on arrival. Within 10min she gave birth to another puppy but was dead on arrival. embarassed embarassed
I went to the hospital by 8am and had someone checking on her, at exactly 12 she gave birth to another dead puppy.
I got home around 3 and I met another dead puppy beside her embarassed lipsrsealed.
So bear is left with 5 alpha males smiley smiley

3 Likes

Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 5:46pm On Jun 19, 2018
pawsofdikeje:
Puppy show, you no update again.

we no fit steal am via nairaland nah.

I done update am boss
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by pawsofdikeje(m): 5:51pm On Jun 19, 2018
Eiyah... A vet recommendation or experienced breeder could have saved the situation. Congrats all the same.

When make we come chop rice?

aquadude15:
I have been down with malaria so I couldn't stay with bear all through.
I woked up around 2.30am today with a burning temperature, I managed to check on bear and I discovered she has whelped 5 healthy puppies (male).
So I kept on checking on her every 20mins but she didn't littered again till after 4 which was a big puppy but was dead on arrival. Within 10min she gave birth to another puppy but was dead on arrival. embarassed embarassed
I went to the hospital by 8am and had someone checking on her, at exactly 12 she gave birth to another dead puppy.
I got home around 3 and I met another dead puppy beside her embarassed lipsrsealed.
So bear is left with 5 alpha males smiley smiley
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by faithesco(f): 5:59pm On Jun 19, 2018
Chai cry[sub][/sub] congrats all the same bear,you did a great job kiss kiss
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 6:08pm On Jun 19, 2018
pawsofdikeje:
Eiyah... A vet recommendation or experienced breeder could have saved the situation. Congrats all the same.

When make we come chop rice?

Next week boss

2 Likes

Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by Rany4all(m): 7:22pm On Jun 19, 2018
Congrats OP!

1 Like

Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by aquadude15: 8:30pm On Jun 19, 2018
Rany4all:
Congrats OP!
Thank you boss
Re: SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies by frowland(m): 8:59pm On Jun 19, 2018

2 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

My Dog's Life... / Join The Biggest Pet Store In Nigeria On Whatsapp / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.