Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,815 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom (17348 Views)

Killings: Gov. Matawalle Sends Message To Zamfara People / Oshiomhole, Ortom Clash Over Benue Killings / Benue Killings: Suswam Arrested By DSS - Libertytvradio.com Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by Paperwhite(m): 11:35pm On May 29, 2018
Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state, Tuesday exonerated President Muhammadu Buhari from the herdsmen killings in the state stressing that those linking the president to attacks were being mischievous.

He recalled that the herdsmen crisis predated the present administration assuring that the people of the state would still support the President in the coming 2019 general elections despite the losses and pains they suffered as a result of the herdsmen incursions in the state.

The Governor who spoke in Makurdi was answering questions posed to him on how he would convince Benue people to vote President Buhari again in 2019.

Ortom said, “Buhari will definitely come here for campaigns, I cannot preempt what he will say or what Benue people will say.

“But as you know in politics, there are no permanent enemies or permanent friends but permanent interest.

“If President Buhari’s interest is in tandem with the interest of the people of Benue and he asks them for their vote, they will vote him likewise my own, if my interest is also in tandem with the wishes of the people they will vote for me”.

“But one thing I want you to know is that the herdsmen/farmers clashes predates this government, so it will be a fallacy to conclude that herdsmen killings in the state is linked to President Buhari”.

“That the herdsmen are killing Benue people does not mean it is Buhari who is responsible. There are still reasonable herdsmen who still live here in peace with their neighbours.

“There are some who support the anti open grazing law but the real enemy is Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, they are the ones we hold responsible because they addressed the media and stood up against our anti open grazing law.

“They vowed to resist the law and they went ahead to do it. They are a violent group, we know them and we are holding them responsible and have also gone a step further to institute a criminal case against them in the court.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/president-buhari-not-responsible-benue-killings-gov-ortom/amp/

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by powerkey: 11:39pm On May 29, 2018
So who is

I REMEMBER ALL APC MEMBERS ARE BOUND BY A DEADLY OATH AND OTHORM IS AFRAID OF DYING AFTER WITHDRAWING FROM THE TERRORISTS PARTY....

28 Likes

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by Paperwhite(m): 11:39pm On May 29, 2018
"He recalled that the herdsmen crisis predated the present administration assuring that the people of the state would still support the President in the coming 2019 general elections despite the losses and pains they suffered as a result of the herdsmen incursions in the state."
So the thousands that have died & that may still die will all be sacrificed on the alter of a blood sucker's political ambition? cry
Ndi Benue abeg do you guys agree with this most stupid assertion from the daftest governor Chai! cry cry cry Abeg who cursed Benue,Plateau & Kogi State?

89 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by FoolishBoy419: 11:44pm On May 29, 2018
Why would he even sponsor them to attack benue when the south east is there? People are just being stupid and inconsiderate.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by Nobody: 11:47pm On May 29, 2018
undecided

I am sure these answers was a result of too much questions. The should please allow the Governor to breath, he is confuse.

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by Paperwhite(m): 11:47pm On May 29, 2018
“There are some who support the anti open grazing law but the real enemy is Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, they are the ones we hold responsible because they addressed the media and stood up against our anti open grazing law.

Provision of adequate security is the no-1 priority of the Fed & state govt but here is Ortom helping Buhari with the blame game.
It's not the same Ortom that was lamenting bitterly of the president/presidency leaving Benue to its fate while crying cluelessly like an orphan
Same man that said Benue indigenes "should protect themselves with stones" against Buhari's sophisticated arms-wielding marauding & killer foolanis brothers?
A people Buhari said are Gaddafi trained Lybians, Malians, Guineans & Nigeriens that are killing Nigerians @ will but have defied all the security agencies in Nigeria
"Emancipation from mental slavery,none but us can free our minds".Rest on Bob-Nestor Maliey

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by SalamRushdie: 11:57pm On May 29, 2018
Such a fool

9 Likes

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by d4real890(m): 11:59pm On May 29, 2018
There is a part of the this governor brain that's been reset, the lives of the victims who lost their lives during the clash does it worth your foolish and stupid ambitions..... idiotic pig

let me ask you SHO MO AGE MI

11 Likes

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by CriticMaestro: 11:59pm On May 29, 2018
He is not directly involved, but his actions caused all this...e.g he failed to declare the fulani hersdmen an enemy of the state

6 Likes

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by Ttipsy(f): 12:01am On May 30, 2018
y do nigeria hv illiterates as leaders

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by Nobody: 12:40am On May 30, 2018
Asslicking foolish governor.
No, Buhari is not responsible, CaptJeff is. Anumanu. sad

14 Likes

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by stanluiz(m): 12:43am On May 30, 2018
Playing politics at the detriment of its own people.
Ortom is a fool.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by Mikeross62: 1:21am On May 30, 2018
We are so backward in this country
We need to be recolonized again by the white

7 Likes

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by yarimo(m): 1:22am On May 30, 2018
That is very commendable from Governor ORTOM of benue state, BUHARI is a peaceful loving man.

15 Likes 4 Shares

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by ItsMeAboki(m): 1:36am On May 30, 2018
Bomb Shell for the wailers; see them scrambling for excuses to exonerate the governor from their propaganda of hate against the president - it shall not be well with all lying haters.

23 Likes 6 Shares

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by greatiyk4u(m): 2:42am On May 30, 2018
Paperwhite:
"He recalled that the herdsmen crisis predated the present administration assuring that the people of the state would still support the President in the coming 2019 general elections despite the losses and pains they suffered as a result of the herdsmen incursions in the state."

So the thousands that have died & that may still die will all be sacrificed on the alter of a blood sucker's political ambition? cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Ndi Benue abeg do you guys agree with this most stupid assertion from the daftest governor Chai! cry cry cry Abeg who cursed Benue,Plateau & Kogi State?

It is obvious you're on a mission to tarnish the Image of a man who used over 40years to build his Integrity.......

The herdsmen/farmers clash is as old as Nigeria, just that there is more media coverage because of social media

The Fulani race was wiped out in many local governments in plateau state yet no much reportage in the past

I am totally against any form of violence that leads to loss of lives but I still believe Buhari can't be sponsoring the killing of the same electorate that voted him in especially when he is aspiring for re-election

During GEJ regime the same Buhari was blamed of sponsoring all the violence in the country

It is pathetic and bizarre to be a chronic wailer

21 Likes 7 Shares

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by truthfulmallam(m): 2:56am On May 30, 2018

“They vowed to resist the law and they went ahead to do it. They are a violent group, we know them and we are holding them responsible and have also gone a step further to institute a criminal case against them in the court.”

You know them. Yet the government you're supporting hasn't lifted a finger to arrest or prosecute them, even after thousands of lives have been destroyed...

Well, you all will answer someday to the voices of blood crying from the land...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by truthfulmallam(m): 3:22am On May 30, 2018
greatiyk4u:

It is obvious you're on a mission to tarnish the Image of a man who used over 40years to build his Integrity.......

The herdsmen/farmers clash is as old as Nigeria, just that there is more media coverage because of social media

The Fulani race was wiped out in many local governments in plateau state yet no much reportage in the past

I am totally against any form of violence that leads to loss of lives but I still believe Buhari can't be sponsoring the killing of the same electorate that voted him in especially when he is aspiring for re-election

During GEJ regime the same Buhari was blamed of sponsoring all the violence in the country

1. Please provide details of your alleged Fulani genocide in Plateau state. I've lived in Nasarawa and Plateau, among many northern states.

2. It's on record that Buhari vehemently spoke against GEJ's administration's war against Boko Haram, calling it a war against the North... Isn't that enough for anyone to blame him? Or is that part of his integrity building strategy?

While I was in Nasarawa, there were reports of pockets of clash between herdsmen and farmers. But it never was a large scale attack by herdsmen and those herdsmen weren't armed with AK47, just their stick and cutlasses.

You wanna speak the truth, speak the truth. So you also don't sound like a pathetic and blinded supporter

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by SOFTENGR: 3:32am On May 30, 2018
CaptJeffry:
Asslicking foolish governor.
No, Buhari is not responsible, CaptJeff is. Anumanu. sad
Hold Gadafi responsible grin grin
Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by SOFTENGR: 3:36am On May 30, 2018
stanluiz:
Playing politics at the detriment of its own people.

Ortom is a fool.
What if his people love what's happening to them

Perhaps with #1000 per person, they'll forget what befell them and vote for calamity.
Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by akinyeleaa: 4:08am On May 30, 2018
Ortom is unstable to have said this.
same person who said buhari abandoned them months ago. Moreover what is buharis number one responsibility if not to secure the citizens.
Ortom would do anything for reelection and I hope he loses now that I've seen his sycophantic tendencies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by deltaisgreat: 4:10am On May 30, 2018
So this man wants to contest again knowing that he is not capable to protect the lives and properties of his people? His lack of political will to face buhari face to face as a Tivi man and tell him that he is the cause of the massacre and daily blood shed in his state Has Led to this Continued Daily Massacre Of benue People. In a saner clime, this man could have been forced to resign or he is disgraced out of office by impeachment. Benue people I pity una sha

1 Like

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by deltaisgreat: 4:20am On May 30, 2018
greatiyk4u:

buhari was building his integrity when he said that monkey and baboon will swim in blood. Mr. integrity kor Mr. integrated in

9 Likes

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by 9jaBloke: 5:24am On May 30, 2018
It is actually true. The herdsmen vs farmers crisis predates the present administration. The issue on ground is the levity with which government is treating the matter. The Governor should have emphasized that.

2 Likes

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by Paperwhite(m): 5:40am On May 30, 2018
greatiyk4u:

As regards the afore,I know Buhari right from his Dodan Barracks days so you can't tell me nada.I'm not a zombie & refused to be zombified.Pls swerve bro.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by kmaster007: 5:44am On May 30, 2018
you won pple to send thunder frm China to you rty.. him suppose to work on it not given an excuse dat is not genuine..
Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by Nobody: 5:45am On May 30, 2018
Buhari is unjustly attacked over herdsmen killing.
Though his body language over the issue because of his ethnicity is the same with the herdsmen sold him out.

However, in all sincerity Buhari was placed in a difficult position because the herdsmen are Fulani like him.

4 Likes

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by docadams: 5:46am On May 30, 2018
Paperwhite:

Provision of adequate security is the no-1 priority of the Fed & state govt but here is Ortom helping Buhari with the blame game.
It's not the same Ortom that was lamenting bitterly of the president/presidency leaving Benue to its fate while crying cluelessly like an orphan
Same man that said Benue indigenes "should protect themselves with stones" against Buhari's sophisticated arms-wielding marauding & killer foolanis brothers?
A people Buhari said are Gaddafi trained Lybians, Malians, Guineans & Nigeriens that are killing Nigerians @ will but have defied all the security agencies in Nigeria
"Emancipation from mental slavery,none but us can free our minds".Rest on Bob-Nestor Maliey
Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by docadams: 6:00am On May 30, 2018
Paperwhite:

You opened a thread, same you resorted to spam it upandan because the response does not suit your narrative. Leave Benue people alone!

SalamRushdie

The earlier ye all stopped holding Thanksgiving on the graveyard of Benue people, the better the chance you will miss going to hell.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by Babacele: 6:17am On May 30, 2018
sad news to wailers.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by Omeokachie: 6:22am On May 30, 2018
"There are some who support the anti open grazing law but the real enemy is Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore, they are the ones we hold responsible because they addressed the media and stood up against our anti open grazing law.

“They vowed to resist the law and they went ahead to do it. They are a violent group, we know them and we are holding them responsible and have also gone a step further to institute a criminal case against them in the court
.”

And who is the Grand Patron of the Miyetti allah?

And who told you to accommodate your killers?

And who refused to sanction the IGP that refused to come to your aid as directed?

And who is the boss of the organ of government that called you a "drowning man"?

I see Stockholm syndrome at play, not just politics.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari Not Responsible For Benue Killings – Gov Ortom by GavelSlam: 6:30am On May 30, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Such a fool

He disgraced you and your propaganda.

He's from Benue and in fact the governor.

He has far more information than you.

9 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Don’t Criminalise Miyetti Allah, Presidency Warns / Killings In Southern Kaduna Must Stop Now –MSSN / Insecurity: Blame Amaechi, He’s Happy With Killings By IPOB In Rivers – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.