Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State (64452 Views)

Biafra: Sit-at-home Is Dead, Buried – Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra Sit At Home: Umahi Makes Uturn / Biafra Sit-at-home! See How We Celebrated Our Sit-at-home In Our Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Kingsley1000(m): 3:24pm On May 30, 2018
NOTHING LIKE DIS IN ASABA,ENUGU AND OWERRI
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by anaton(m): 3:27pm On May 30, 2018
freemanbubble:
isoright

here in Benin City
we don't know what is biafra or the rising sun

all we know is ONE NIGERIA

Benin is not part of Biafraland.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Kokolet11: 3:27pm On May 30, 2018
Kingsley1000:
anambra gov has warned that they will kill any ipob on the road disturbing or forcing ppl to obey the sit at home
lolz even chino and other Anambra paid per post crew sit at home today or did you see chino online today?

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by PointZerom: 3:37pm On May 30, 2018
Throwback:

If you and IPOB were not stupid, you would have turned your popular support in the SouthEast to political followership.

Until you have a political followership that elects Biafran apologists as leaders, who can then legitimately make demands as the constitutional leadership of the people it claims to represents, then you are just wasting time achieving nothing.

Even MASSOB did all of this self declared public holiday in its own time of relevance.

I hope you can point to 1 benefit it achieved then as a movement that did not have constitutional leadership?

The recognized and constitutional leadership of the SouthWest states at a time in history chose to make June 12 a legal public holiday because it had the constitutional power to do so. Some of the SW states still continue that tradition.

Do you ever hear the federal police or any Northerner or fellow Southerner claim that what has been legally declared by SW states is an anomaly when it already complies with the law?

Is it that your own governors do not have the intention while in political power, or those who have the intention do not have the political power?

If you were smart you would know the solution, but if you choose to remain stupid, you will continue to knock on a door that is ajar.

Go back to Yaba, I can't help you.

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Godspowerlive: 3:42pm On May 30, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
Very interesting. I have been indoors since morning here in Owerri reading "There was a country" by the late revered author China Achebe and intermittently checking the internet for updates on the sit at home. As I read all the details contained in this Wonderful book, it feels like I'm in 1967 witnessing the events taking place in Biafra. Igbos really suffered in the hands of these wicked people with absolute support from Britain and Russia. In page 227/228 of the book, a sentence really got me emotional and captured it all. It went thus "...we would have to adjust to the realities and consequences of a Nigeria that did not appeal to us any longer. Nigeria had not succeeded in crushing the spirit of the Igbo people, but it had left us indigent, stripped bare, and stranded in the wilderness." End of quote. Considering that these events took place almost fifty years ago yet the Igbos have remained resolute in their agitations for Biafra goes to show that it would never end unless it is granted to them. The problem is that Nigeria is being ruled by very dull people, because intelligent people would have either granted the Igbo people semi autonomy to have Biafra and still be under Nigeria union or grant all the six regions autonomy. We surely can't continue like this as a country because Nigeria will collapse under the weight of its numerous problems that keeps multiplying with each passing day.

That also reminds me of a book I read about Biafra "In biafra African Died" after reading that book it took me days to recover emotionally. We igbos have suffered. Nigeria will never have peace until we Igbo go out separate ways, One will say what is this one saying. But time shall tell. The economy will keep on collapsing until it will get to a point revolution will start take it or leave it.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Throwback: 3:43pm On May 30, 2018
PointZerom:

Go back to Yuba, I can't help you.

You were the one who called me out to air my opinion. An opinion that would make sense to you if you were not determined to remain stupid and blind to what is and what could be.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by horsepower101: 3:45pm On May 30, 2018
Kingsley1000:
NOTHING LIKE DIS IN ASABA,ENUGU AND OWERRI

Chaii I feel really sad for your life. You have been working hard since morning jumping from one thread to another and spreading lies. But all your hard work remains futile.

7 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Throwback: 3:48pm On May 30, 2018
PerfectlyPerfect:

I don't know when you'll realise that the average Igbo man does not care about your political positions. We've made do without much government presence. Since you hate Igbos so much, are you all so afraid of letting them go?

Who are the them? Those who wanted your them to leave Kaduna were accused of threatening genocide.

The them that matters have not declared a public holiday even when it is in their power to do so as being done in the SW.

The them that matters have not tabled any request before the government of Nigeria.

Until the them that matter table a request, all you are doing so far is amusing yourselves.

Continue to amuse yourselves when you can become them that matter and turn your amusement to seriousness.

When Nigerians wanted independence from Britain, it was the constitutionally recognised leaders of the people who tabled the request.

As someone already opined, so you sat at home today and tomorrow you return to reality. If you choose to sit at home forever, how does that hurt me and my people?

Congratulations!

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Ezinwa120: 3:49pm On May 30, 2018
Ojiofor:
Sit-at-home directed by IPOB records total compliance in Onitsha, Nnewi On May 30, 201811:00 amIn News0 Comments By Chimaobi Nwaiwu. The Sit-at-home directed by the Indigenous People of Biafra, IPOB and the Moment for the the Actualization of Sovereign State of Biafra recorded total compliance in Onitsha and Nnewi with all the markets and shops in the two cities under locks and keys. Commercial banks in the two cities, roads and streets markets and shops all observed the directice as people stayed back in their homes in observance of the durective. All the Federal high ways especially Onitsha Enugu expressway, from Asaba end of the road to Ziks roundabout to New Motor Spare Parts Nkpor down to former Ogbunike Toll gate qere ghost of themselves as motorist and people deserted the roads in observance of the IPOB/MASSOB directive. As early as 6am when Vanguard visited Upper Iweka, while returning from Nnewi, Upper Iweka which is know for its busy nature was deserted, even Newspaper distribution to Owerri and Awka wasimpossible as vehicles that freet them were no where to be seen went round Nnewi and Onitsha. From down fly over Upper Iweka to Niger Bridge Head vehicles were not seen on the ever busy Onitsha Enugu expressway, even the roads and its adjoining strrets were deserted by both motorist and pedestrans, while in some streets in the area youths turned them to football playing field. Also from Upper Iweka fly over and down fly over to the Niger Bridge, Army and Police patrol vehicles were seen parked at strategic places,while at Uga Junction to Atani road men of the Nigetian Navy were seen at their check point, and none of the security agencies look unrelaxed. From ever busy Awka road to Old Market road, Court road, Venn road, Ezenwa street, were major commercial and artisan activities goes on in Onitsha, commercial and business activities were shut down. Bright street that leads to Onitsha Main Market was cordoned off by Onitsha Main Market security men, as traders in both the street and the market shunned tradibg activities in observance of the directive Federal and State Government extablishments and office were all under locks and keys inspite of the directive by the state government to civil servants in the state to report for work. Public and Private Schools in in Onitsha were all closed as parents had even on Tuesday directed their children not to go to dchool while some Secondary School children living in the schools were withdrawn by their parents same between Monday and Tuesday. Some businessmen and artisans along Awka road, Oguta road and Old Market road who came out early to open their shops and stores for quick business were disappointed, as no customer came around and they quickly shut their shops to go home to sleep. One of them along Old Market road who pleaded anonimity said he never knrw that the people will strictly obey the Sit-at-home directive. However, none if the membersof IPOB and MASSOB were seen on the streets of Onitsha and Nnewi and nobody is being molested for walking round the roads and street in Onitsha and Nnewi as at the timeof filing this report.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/05/sit-home-directed-ipob-records-total-compliance-onitsha-nnewi/
cc:Yyeske ezinwa120

Chaaaiiii Nigeria Economy has crumbled oooooo. Buhari is begging IPOB to allow FG pay salaries oooooooo.
As if anyone is interested if u lock ur chop for one yr. am not interested in ur foolishness, don’t just force people close their shops simple. Here in PH no one noticed there is sit at home by IPOB. Just left market square for glossary and everywhere is bubbling. My mechanic took my wife’s car to Ikoku and got the parts he needed without complain. So what’s my headache

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by newoffer: 3:51pm On May 30, 2018
horlarwereleh:
U don die for Umahi hand today!!! grin grin grin
. 90% of Umahi indigene are street hawkers. They are next to Saraki Afonja pipu

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by PFRB: 3:59pm On May 30, 2018
Bidobado:

You guys are dumb as a rock and your silly sit at home joke hurts no one but Yourselves.
If the igbos controlled the economy of Nigeria like they claim, then Nigeria would have felt the impact. But this move hurts the economy of the east, where majority of the traders and buyers are igbos. I do not see this move being implemented in the south or north, hence its business as usual.
Just make sure your fvcking Ugu leaves stay fresh when next you decide to turn up at the market..

P. S To hell with the Nigeria army and police for constantly battering our people at every opportunity. I don't see their hard handedness when it comes to Fulani terrorists and Islamic savages causing chaos.

They are remembering their dead heroes and heroines. They never said they want to hurt any one. Those of you who are losing sleep over it are the ones hurting yourselves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Ojiofor: 4:03pm On May 30, 2018
Ezinwa120:

Chaaaiiii Nigeria Economy has crumbled oooooo. Buhari is begging IPOB to allow FG pay salaries oooooooo.
As if anyone is interested if u lock ur chop for one yr. am not interested in ur foolishness, don’t just force people close their shops simple. Here in PH no one noticed there is sit at home by IPOB. Just left market square for glossary and everywhere is bubbling. My mechanic took my wife’s car to Ikoku and got the parts he needed without complain. So what’s my headache

Anambra is IPOB grin.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Ezinwa120: 4:12pm On May 30, 2018
Ojiofor:

Anambra is IPOB grin.

Am from Awka in Anambra State. We don’t tolerate foolishness in that part of Anambra. We respect constituted authority and work towards making our place a better place. Please carry IPOB foolishness to Aba they are not needed in Anambra my State. Ur trade marks is nothing but death and sorrow, we are not interested. Thanks for ur understanding.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by donqx: 4:16pm On May 30, 2018
hmmmm
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by maestroferddi: 4:24pm On May 30, 2018
akeentech:
Everybody sat at home yesterday being the public holiday. I will only take them serious if they can sit at home for a week.
When your entire personality is an epitome of unseriousness...

Awon earthworm trying to form importance...

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by dlox01(m): 4:24pm On May 30, 2018
HOW UNA SIT AT HOME TAKE AFFECT ANYBODY? I DIDNT EVEN NOTICE IT...PLEASE ENSURE U SIT HOME FOR A YEAR OR MORE.
NONSENSE

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Ojiofor: 4:32pm On May 30, 2018
Ezinwa120:

Am from Awka in Anambra State. We don’t tolerate foolishness in that part of Anambra. We respect constituted authority and work towards making our place a better place. Please carry IPOB foolishness to Aba they are not needed in Anambra my State. Ur trade marks is nothing but death and sorrow, we are not interested. Thanks for ur understanding.

Evidence on ground proves you wrong and stop mentioning Aba and Abia state whenever IPOB issue is raised.
I am not a member of IPOB but common sense demands you keep silent when you have nothing reasonable to contribute more especially when it is a sensitive matter like IPOB.
Let me remind you once again that current leader of IPOB is from Anambra also Emma Powerful the IPOB spokesman is based in your town Awka.
It's foolish of you to think IPOB is an Abia thing! .

6 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by wencesolo(m): 4:38pm On May 30, 2018
Afonjas are not happy with this news no matter how much they try to pretend. Nnamdi kanu God bless you for uniting the igbos. All hail biafra, afonjas worship frog eyed criminal and their slave masters so they cant try this in their whole life. Igbo amaka, chukwu okike abiama i melaa

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by PointZerom: 4:41pm On May 30, 2018
Throwback:

You were the one who called me out to air my opinion. An opinion that would make sense to you if you were not determined to remain stupid and blind to what is and what could be.

I blame the person that opened the cage for you.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by tiwiex(m): 4:54pm On May 30, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
Very interesting. I have been indoors since morning here in Owerri reading "There was a country" by the late revered author China Achebe and intermittently checking the internet for updates on the sit at home. As I read all the details contained in this Wonderful book, it feels like I'm in 1967 witnessing the events taking place in Biafra. Igbos really suffered in the hands of these wicked people with absolute support from Britain and Russia. In page 227/228 of the book, a sentence really got me emotional and captured it all. It went thus "...we would have to adjust to the realities and consequences of a Nigeria that did not appeal to us any longer. Nigeria had not succeeded in crushing the spirit of the Igbo people, but it had left us indigent, stripped bare, and stranded in the wilderness." End of quote. Considering that these events took place almost fifty years ago yet the Igbos have remained resolute in their agitations for Biafra goes to show that it would never end unless it is granted to them. The problem is that Nigeria is being ruled by very dull people, because intelligent people would have either granted the Igbo people semi autonomy to have Biafra and still be under Nigeria union or grant all the six regions autonomy. We surely can't continue like this as a country because Nigeria will collapse under the weight of its numerous problems that keeps multiplying with each passing day.

I agree. It is inevitable. Even if somehow it never happens, it amazes me our leaders just keep piling up issues with no interest in finding long lasting and sustainable solutions. What exactly do we elect LEADERS for? Do they even reflect on the meaning of the word?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Ziggylady(f): 5:02pm On May 30, 2018
Throwback:

Who are the them? Those who wanted your them to leave Kaduna were accused of threatening genocide.

The them that matters have not declared a public holiday even when it is in their power to do so as being done in the SW.

The them that matters have not tabled any request before the government of Nigeria.

Until the them that matter table a request, all you are doing so far is amusing yourselves.

Continue to amuse yourselves when you can become them that matter and turn your amusement to seriousness.

When Nigerians wanted independence from Britain, it was the constitutionally recognised leaders of the people who tabled the request.

As someone already opined, so you sat at home today and tomorrow you return to reality. If you choose to sit at home forever, how does that hurt me and my people?

Congratulations!

Shut up!!...chhochocho!! all the time like a parrot....No one needs your meaningless epistle.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Benchuko1(m): 5:08pm On May 30, 2018
Upper Iweka today

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Benchuko1(m): 5:09pm On May 30, 2018
Awka this evening

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Throwback: 5:14pm On May 30, 2018
PointZerom:

I blame the person that opened the cage for you.

Blame yourself for mentioning me who is not your praise singer.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Benchuko1(m): 5:16pm On May 30, 2018
My hood in Nkpor

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by BankeSmalls(f): 5:19pm On May 30, 2018
Throwback:

Congratulations!

You've been crying so much here, who beat you ip so badly? grin
Whatever it is, dry your tears and go home, life goes on.

4 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by PDJT: 5:21pm On May 30, 2018
Good. I love it.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Throwback: 5:25pm On May 30, 2018
BankeSmalls:

You've been crying so much here, who beat you ip so badly? grin
Whatever it is, dry your tears and go home, life goes on.

Me cry?

I was busy with reality before one of your fellow miserables mentioned my name, but got vexed with my opinion he solicited.

Indeed life goes on for you tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by BankeSmalls(f): 5:28pm On May 30, 2018
Throwback:

Me cry?

I was busy with reality before one of your fellow miserables mentioned my name, but got vexed with my opinion he solicited.

Indeed life goes on for you tomorrow.

But you enjoyed the sit at home or you're sad about it?
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Lightening: 5:35pm On May 30, 2018
Ezinwa120:

Bloody shameless pathological liar. Ikoku spare parts market, Okija electrical market and Garrison GSM market are all locked.There are only few shops opened in other parts of Portharcourt. The usual very busy roundabouts are all empty. Hope we are living in the same Portharcourt. Mcheww

5 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Jerrypolo(m): 5:36pm On May 30, 2018
akeentech:
Everybody sat at home yesterday being the public holiday. I will only take them serious if they can sit at home for a week.

Shey Nigeria's armed forces remembrance day takes a week?.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Anambra State Breaks Out From Biafra: "Nnamdi Kanu Is Small Boy Fooling Himself" / Jonathan Set To Declare For 2023 Presidency Under APC - Leadership / Atiku Defeats Tinubu, Obi In Akwa Ibom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.