Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State (64444 Views)

Biafra: Sit-at-home Is Dead, Buried – Nnamdi Kanu / Biafra Sit At Home: Umahi Makes Uturn / Biafra Sit-at-home! See How We Celebrated Our Sit-at-home In Our Compound (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Dpharisee: 5:36pm On May 30, 2018
Thanks to all Igbos and their well wishers who complied by remembering and paying honour to our departed heroes. Both those who closed their businesses or didnt go to work and those who opened their businesses and went to work but mourned and payed homage to our heroes. I say to you all

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Throwback: 5:38pm On May 30, 2018
BankeSmalls:

But you enjoyed the sit at home or you're sad about it?

I enjoyed it.

I love that you like to self destruct even when there is the way of wisdom, you never fail to thread the path of arrogant foolishness.

Read my first post on this thread replying your fellow who mentioned my name. My position has never changed on Biafra. When your political leaders make a demand, then I will regard your demands as serious and worthwhile.

If your political leaders refuse to make a demand while you in turn fail to transition your beer parlour followership to political followership that can become a recognised leadership and make that demand that you care for, then you are just a circus amusing yourselves and entertaining others.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Donpenny(m): 5:41pm On May 30, 2018
There is strength in unison

3 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by BankeSmalls(f): 5:47pm On May 30, 2018
Throwback:

I enjoyed it.

I love that you like to self destruct even when there is the way of wisdom, you never fail to thread the path of arrogant foolishness.

Read my first post on this thread replying your fellow who mentioned my name. My position has never changed on Biafra. When your political leaders make a demand, then I will regard your demands as serious and worthwhile.

If your political leaders refuse to make a demand while you in turn fail to transition your beer parlour followership to political followership that can become a recognised leadership and make that demand that you care for, then you are just a circus amusing yourselves and entertaining others.

Let me shock you, since you are using a Nigerian brain to think of an Igbo matter. Nobody in the grassroots of the south east gives a damn about any political leader there, and the leaders themselves know it. Nobody hopes for these present crop of Igbo leadership who has been steeped in the Nigerian corruption are expected to be in leadership of a new country.

That's why Ipob, smart as they are have chosen to stay away from politics as governed by the present Nigerian laws. They know what they want to achieve and they are winning hearts every day.

The political leadership should make demands for their selfish gains, the masses are watching and recording the events.

10 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Elliot2(m): 6:17pm On May 30, 2018
From the creek side of river nile,bayelsa state,got so much love for igbo amaka. #biafra is the hope of africa.

2 Likes

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by dragonfish: 7:39pm On May 30, 2018
OK......is good to remember our past heroes
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by shitholenation: 9:51pm On May 30, 2018
[quote author=Throwback post=68022500]

Who are the them? Those who wanted your them to leave Kaduna were accused of threatening genocide.

The them that matters have not declared a public holiday even when it is in their power to do so as being done in the SW.

The them that matters have not tabled any request before the government of Nigeria.

Until the them that matter table a request, all you are doing so far is amusing yourselves.

Continue to amuse yourselves when you can become them that matter and turn your amusement to seriousness.

When Nigerians wanted independence from Britain, it was the constitutionally recognised leaders of the people who tabled the request.

As someone already opined, so you sat at home today and tomorrow you return to reality. If you choose to sit at home forever, how does that hurt me and my people?
mr man please you need sense,because you talk off point.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Nobody: 10:07pm On May 30, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
Very interesting. I have been indoors since morning here in Owerri reading "There was a country" by the late revered author China Achebe and intermittently checking the internet for updates on the sit at home. As I read all the details contained in this Wonderful book, it feels like I'm in 1967 witnessing the events taking place in Biafra. Igbos really suffered in the hands of these wicked people with absolute support from Britain and Russia. In page 227/228 of the book, a sentence really got me emotional and captured it all. It went thus "...we would have to adjust to the realities and consequences of a Nigeria that did not appeal to us any longer. Nigeria had not succeeded in crushing the spirit of the Igbo people, but it had left us indigent, stripped bare, and stranded in the wilderness." End of quote. Considering that these events took place almost fifty years ago yet the Igbos have remained resolute in their agitations for Biafra goes to show that it would never end unless it is granted to them. The problem is that Nigeria is being ruled by very dull people, because intelligent people would have either granted the Igbo people semi autonomy to have Biafra and still be under Nigeria union or grant all the six regions autonomy. We surely can't continue like this as a country because Nigeria will collapse under the weight of its numerous problems that keeps multiplying with each passing day.

Bro I greet you.. please how can I get "there was a country"??
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by charmingfrank(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2018
BreakupNigeria:
Very interesting. I have been indoors since morning here in Owerri reading "There was a country" by the late revered author China Achebe and intermittently checking the internet for updates on the sit at home. As I read all the details contained in this Wonderful book, it feels like I'm in 1967 witnessing the events taking place in Biafra. Igbos really suffered in the hands of these wicked people with absolute support from Britain and Russia. In page 227/228 of the book, a sentence really got me emotional and captured it all. It went thus "...we would have to adjust to the realities and consequences of a Nigeria that did not appeal to us any longer. Nigeria had not succeeded in crushing the spirit of the Igbo people, but it had left us indigent, stripped bare, and stranded in the wilderness." End of quote. Considering that these events took place almost fifty years ago yet the Igbos have remained resolute in their agitations for Biafra goes to show that it would never end unless it is granted to them. The problem is that Nigeria is being ruled by very dull people, because intelligent people would have either granted the Igbo people semi autonomy to have Biafra and still be under Nigeria union or grant all the six regions autonomy. We surely can't continue like this as a country because Nigeria will collapse under the weight of its numerous problems that keeps multiplying with each passing day.
. Then wait for it to fall, why in haste? Que se ra se ra
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by charmingfrank(m): 10:19pm On May 30, 2018
NaijaMutant:
I've never been more proud to be an Igbo than now cool

We are not cowards
Because we are Igbos cool
Enjoy your proudness.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by charmingfrank(m): 10:22pm On May 30, 2018
freemanbubble:
isoright

here in Benin City
we don't know what is biafra or the rising sun

all we know is ONE NIGERIA
. The Igbos had the list number of states in Nigeria. They are behind Yorubas and Hausas predominantly speaking tribe.yet there is agitation for a sovereign state. Well I feel their pain. Nigeria has not been fair to them.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Onyejijames(m): 12:28am On May 31, 2018
good
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by namio10: 2:37am On May 31, 2018
We must not forget those who staked their lives to protect us from dying on the hands of evil people.

Biafra genocide was second only to the Holocaust.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by CioAngels(f): 10:13am On May 31, 2018
akeentech:
Everybody sat at home yesterday being the public holiday. I will only take them serious if they can sit at home for a week.
Democracy day was one day, so why mocking them by asking for one week? Nigerian's, lets appreciate those people who do what we, cannot do out of fear.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by BreakupNigeria: 12:37pm On May 31, 2018
ivumar:

Bro I greet you.. please how can I get "there was a country"??
It depends on where you are residing but I guess you can get it in major book shops and markets around.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by mbos: 12:43pm On May 31, 2018
Throwback:

If you and IPOB were not stupid, you would have turned your popular support in the SouthEast to political followership.

Until you have a political followership that elects Biafran apologists as leaders, who can then legitimately make demands as the constitutional leadership of the people it claims to represents, then you are just wasting time achieving nothing.

Even MASSOB did all of this self declared public holiday in its own time of relevance.

I hope you can point to 1 benefit it achieved then as a movement that did not have constitutional leadership?

The recognized and constitutional leadership of the SouthWest states at a time in history chose to make June 12 a legal public holiday because it had the constitutional power to do so. Some of the SW states still continue that tradition.

Do you ever hear the federal police or any Northerner or fellow Southerner claim that what has been legally declared by SW states is an anomaly when it already complies with the law?

Is it that your own governors do not have the intention while in political power, or those who have the intention do not have the political power?

If you were smart you would know the solution, but if you choose to remain stupid, you will continue to knock on a door that is ajar.

your brain is not working well/// Biafra is not Nigeria...We are not in Nigeria, we are in Biafra.. Get that into your skull. We cannot take part in your zoological politics
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by mbos: 12:46pm On May 31, 2018
Ezinwa120:

Am from Awka in Anambra State. We don’t tolerate foolishness in that part of Anambra. We respect constituted authority and work towards making our place a better place. Please carry IPOB foolishness to Aba they are not needed in Anambra my State. Ur trade marks is nothing but death and sorrow, we are not interested. Thanks for ur understanding.

where are you from in Awka??

name you kindred, Afonjas
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Throwback: 12:46pm On May 31, 2018
mbos:

your brain is not working well/// Biafra is not Nigeria...We are not in Nigeria, we are in Biafra.. Get that into your skull. We cannot take part in your zoological politics

Then tell your people to resign from any federal job or any jobs held outside of the illusion called Biafra.
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by mbos: 12:48pm On May 31, 2018
brainbox80:
YOU ARE RIGHT ON POINT BROTHER, IT IS TIME WE PROJECT BIAFRA MINDED LEADERS TO REPRESENT US IN GUBER AND NA POSITIONS COME THIS 2019

ALL BIAFRANA WANT IS REFERENDUM NOT NIGERIAN POLITICS.

NOTE THAT
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by mbos: 12:50pm On May 31, 2018
Kingsley1000:
NOTHING LIKE DIS IN ASABA,ENUGU AND OWERRI

NOTHING LIKE WHAT?

UNITY DREAMER
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by brainbox80: 10:38am On Jun 16, 2018
mbos:

ALL BIAFRANA WANT IS REFERENDUM NOT NIGERIAN POLITICS.

NOTE THAT
YOU ARE VERY CORRECT, FELLOW COMRADE. BUT MODERN POLITICS PROVES THAT REFERENDUM IS PURELY A POLITICAL AFFAIR. THEREFORE WE NEED BIAFRA MINDED PEOPLE TO MOVE THE MOTION IN THE NA, ELSE OUR OTHER ACTIVITIES ARE AGAINST THE SOVEREIGNTY OF THE STATE
Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by Theonlycoolmonk: 10:43am On Jun 16, 2018
Today you people will see the flag in Russia. grin grin grin grin grin

Can someone open a thread for Biafra in Russia?

1 Like

Re: Biafra Sit At Home: Photos From Onitsha Anambra State by kingzizzy: 12:01pm On Jun 16, 2018
The sit at home is a good indicator that the people would vote massively in a referendum to exit Nigeria

IPOB carried the day

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Defeats Tinubu, Obi In Akwa Ibom / Jonathan Set To Declare For 2023 Presidency Under APC - Leadership / This Governor Ambode's Handshake People Are Talking About

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.