Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,513 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. (7697 Views)

2face: Unstoppable Intl Release Version. / 2face Unstoppable Album - Listen To The Tracks Here / Faze or 2Face (tuface): who is better in singing? (2) (3) (4)

Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by Thelonius: 4:24pm On May 30, 2010
I don't know how much is a good price for an audio cd, but the N150- N250 we pay in the back street's ridiculous considering the efforts that "some" of the artist put in. I guess we just don't value intellect and creativity yet. If you love the artist and you feel the job's worth N1000 go enjoy the cd.
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by rhymz(m): 4:35pm On May 30, 2010
Thelonius:

I don't know how much is a good price for an audio cd, but the N150- N250 we pay in the back street's ridiculous considering the efforts that "some" of the artist put in. I guess we just don't value intellect and creativity yet. If you love the artist and you feel the job's worth N1000 go enjoy the cd.
. . Me pay 1grand for the junk that 2face produces these days?. .even 150 sef i no buy
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by baslone: 4:40pm On May 30, 2010
. . . . . And that will definitely not make him broke!!!
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by chimanu2000(m): 6:51pm On May 30, 2010
for crying out loud, the man walks his a*s off in the studio, spends sleepless nights working on stuff and invests his own cash do u think he bought a carton of freebie cds and just burnt it. many of us want others to buy services we offer for good money, but we dont want to do the same or others. whatever you want for yourself you will get .if you cANT afford to play then keep shut and applaud don't hate.there the 150 version for you if you can afford even that one.
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by rhymz(m): 6:58pm On May 30, 2010
What is wrong with all these cocky pricks, just because I wont buy Tuface's record for a thousand grand, I am a pauper. . Abeg spare us the bullcrap, all these hypocrites. . Truth be told, lately, my homey does mediocre music, he should concentrate on making better music before hiking the price of his album. . . Besides, na im loss cos I see majority of all these fakies-claiming they buy records for a milli bucks- rushing to Alaba mrkt to haggle the 150 bucks that they sell it there. . .
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by chimanu2000(m): 7:04pm On May 30, 2010
buy if u like, it bust if u dont.if u like his stuff dont beef d price. i saw it looked at it and didnt buy.but i wont beef it. some of the guys who wont buy didnt complain when they had to look for money to buy timberland boots and tru religion jeans.and there's always the 150 one
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by adconline(m): 7:53pm On May 30, 2010
It's called free market- TUFACE has the right to set his prices and consumers have the right to say this is how much we think your CD is worth-   Fans will buy if they like it. I remembered OJ Productions making IGODO and selling the VHS around N350, some folks complained and He OJ, was  making  a lot of money from his sales. It's time we stopped comparing creativity with piracy
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by tayoast(m): 9:05pm On May 30, 2010
Thelonius:

I don't know how much is a good price for an audio cd, but the N150- N250 we pay in the back street's ridiculous [/b]considering the efforts that "some" of the artist put in. I guess we just don't value intellect and creativity yet. If you love the artist and you feel the job's worth N1000 go enjoy the cd.

hear this.

[b]I often buy albums for N100. . .until i got wind of hw much its sold at Alaba.

A friend of mine went to Alaba and i asked him 2 buy me Omawumi's and GT Tha Guitar Man's CDS. . . @ d rate of N50 each!!!

Ridiculous Indeed!!!
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by chimanu2000(m): 9:32pm On May 30, 2010
@tayo_ast you obviously dont reside in princeton,cos some criminals buy a 150 cd and purchase a pack of blankdiscs and recopy given the aartise only n150 and making millions does not make it right.how do this artistes feed.we complain on this forum when employees are paid a pittiance.yet some of us are no better
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by tayoast(m): 11:01pm On May 30, 2010
chimanu2000:

@tayo_ast you obviously dont reside in princeton,cos some criminals buy a 150 cd and purchase a pack of blankdiscs and recopy given the aartise only n150 and making millions does not make it right.how do this artistes feed.we complain on this forum when employees are paid a pittiance.yet some of us are no better

i dont get u?
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by COOLDK(m): 11:19pm On May 30, 2010
harakiri:

You can hate on Tu-face all you want but whenever you curl up to sleep in that dingy hut of yours, always remember that even in the next 200 years, tu-face and his offspring will always be ahead of you by generational light years.

Simply because you are failing in life doesn't mean the whole world must fall with you.

Hack!

End of!

@HARAKIRI
Foolish guy lk u! Hv u 4goten dt nobody ever know ur fore-fore fathers, talkless of u comn to limelight.
Dnt u knw its stupid of u 2 b tryn & forcing ur silly opinion on others? Wait a minute, did 2face or his family knw u 4rm adam at all? Does he know sm1 called HARAKIRI exist?
Y frowning, wont u close ur dirty mouth & concentrate on d post. Imbec*le dt cant afford 3 sq meal claiming fit to buy N1k cd, is it nt dt dilapidated buildn u & ur family r still stayn?
U r simply nothing but DONKEY!
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by chelseabmw(m): 12:09am On May 31, 2010
tuface don hammer
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by harakiri(m): 12:28am On May 31, 2010
COOL DK:

@HARAKIRI
Foolish guy lk u! Hv u 4goten dt nobody ever know your fore-fore fathers, talkless of u comn to limelight.
Dnt u knw its silly of u 2 b tryn & forcing your silly opinion on others? Wait a minute, did 2face or his family knw u 4rm adam at all? Does he know sm1 called HARAKIRI exist?
Y frowning, wont u close your dirty mouth & concentrate on d post. Imbec*le dt cant afford 3 sq meal claiming fit to buy N1k cd, is it nt dt dilapidated buildn u & your family r still stayn?
U r simply nothing but DONKEY!

Are you done?

Put a sock in it!
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by hatch: 4:21am On May 31, 2010
Your response is spot on,
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by LRNZH(m): 4:28am On May 31, 2010
This isn't even a big deal,
He has the right to price his intellectual property as he deems fit.
If you can only pay N150 for a CD priced at N1K then its obviously not for you.

I will buy this CD at that price cos I like the "Only Me" & "Implication" video and song respectively.
Moreover we owe it to ourselves to encourage ppl who try to improve things in this country.
The pirates you support with their N150 CDs are part of what's wrong with this country.
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by baslone: 4:32am On May 31, 2010
Tell 'em. . .!

Outta bitterness, Some people are just not making sense anymore.
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by otilox(m): 7:08pm On May 31, 2010
so which would be preferred,

CD sells for N1,000 and less people can afford it, so they look out for free downloads, or one guy buys and 200 plus people rip and burn it,

, or CD sells for N150 to N250 and everybody can afford it, and more copies are sold, as one would rather drop small amount to own it that go thru the stress of downloading the whole album or ripping and burning the scarce copy.

Thing is either ways, the top price copies would soon be replaced by bootlegs. I though the new market model was to offer as cheap as bootleggers will sell so as to fight em with stiff price wars. well, time will tell the success of this effort.

just downloaded a few tracks tho, cos i havent found the CD to buy yet. wink
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by Casfan123: 9:33pm On May 31, 2010
2face is a thief.i wil never buy his cd 4 1000naira.i wil go 2 market and buy d pirated one at a low price
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by tayoast(m): 10:42pm On May 31, 2010
Casfan123:

2face is a thief.i wil never buy his cd 4 1000naira.i wil go 2 market and buy d pirated one at a low price

a man decides 2 sell his property @ a particular price. . . now he's a thief?
Just know there's KARMA
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by hectorswag(m): 9:52am On Jun 01, 2010
tayo_ast:

a man decides 2 sell his property @ a particular price. . . now he's a thief?
Just know there's KARMA

hmmm, i still don't think dat the guy should be selling his property @ a price thats way beyond market price. If customers appreciate what he's offering but can't afford it, and can see that they can still get the same music for a lesser price, i see no reason for any discrimination undecided for me the highest price i've ever bought a naija music album of any artist is #150, and the highest i know i can ever spend on just one music cd of any naija artist is #500!! Except there's a special gift inside worth paying as much as 1k on it, i'm not buying!!!

Even MI's illegal music album, came with a sound city blast magazine, a mag with over 50pages and it cost just #500, so why should i go and buy one cd with ordinary paper as cover for #1k!! mchew
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by topkin(m): 11:10am On Jun 01, 2010
no wahala, i go buy the pirated version now! grin
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by tayoast(m): 11:18am On Jun 01, 2010
hectorswag:

hmmm, i still don't think dat the guy should be selling his property @ a price thats way beyond market price. If customers appreciate what he's offering but can't afford it, and can see that they can still get the same music for a lesser price, i see no reason for any discrimination undecided for me the highest price i've ever bought a naija music album of any artist is #150, and the highest i know i can ever spend on just one music cd of any naija artist is #500!! Except there's a special gift inside worth paying as much as 1k on it, i'm not buying!!!

Even MI's illegal music album, came with a sound city blast magazine, a mag with over 50pages and it cost just #500, so why should i go and buy one cd with ordinary paper as cover for #1k!! mchew

guy, all u paid for was d magz, not d aibum.
The album was a mixtape which M.I. himself said pple shdnt buy but download on d internet free of charge,

u do know cost price is determined by production cost, aiight??
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by hectorswag(m): 2:07pm On Jun 01, 2010
that was jst a random example man, the point i am trying to emphasize is that, except if there's something else, something extra, other than the cd alone, that comes together with the whole package, then its not worth spending my hard earned #1k on it.

and what do you mean by cost price is determined by production price? are you saying the cost of producing that one cd, is what affected the price of selling it, so that it should now cost up to #1k!! Even an imported blu-ray cd version of a james bond movie doesn't cost that much, if you know where to get it! Which kind of material is the cd made of that it should now affect the price. Shey na cd i wan chop?? The same song, the whole complete album, i'd still get it for even #100. Tu-face is not a thief, but for him to approve such amount on his cds, something other A-class artistes of his calibre haven't even dared, is nothing but greed! The highest i've known was when Dbang was selling his cds only in sweet sensation outlets, but that one made more sense cuz it is when you buy meals worth #700 and above, you get a free copy of the CV album, but Tuface, i'll buy it #1k, no free meals, no free mags, nothing!! Thats sooooo disappointing!! sad
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by tayoast(m): 2:13pm On Jun 01, 2010
hectorswag:

that was jst a random example man, the point i am trying to emphasize is that, except if there's something else, something extra, other than the cd alone, that comes together with the whole package, then its not worth spending my hard earned #1k on it.

and what do you mean by cost price is determined by production price? are you saying the cost of producing that one cd, is what affected the price of selling it, so that it should now cost up to #1k!! Even an imported blu-ray cd version of a james bond movie doesn't cost that much, if you know where to get it! Which kind of material is the cd made of that it should now affect the price. Shey na cd i wan chop?? The same song, the whole complete album, i'd still get it for even #100. Tu-face is not a thief, but for him to approve such amount on his cds, something other A-class artistes of his calibre haven't even dared, is nothing but greed! The highest i've known was when Dbang was selling his cds only in sweet sensation outlets, but that one made more sense cuz it is when you buy meals worth #700 and above, you get a free copy of the CV album, but Tuface, i'll buy it #1k, no free meals, no free mags, nothing!! Thats sooooo disappointing!! sad

FYI, he's not selling d usual CD we buy around here.

Its actually world standard.
An enhanced CD at a lotta features (as i heard).

So hw much did u buy d Blu-ray disc??
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by masterj1: 2:18pm On Jun 01, 2010
He should take a cue from the people he is trying to copy. In the meantime he can sell uploads, reach out to his fans (i am not one) and sell copies or 'launch them'. He should also improve his communication skills!!! i culd go on.
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by hectorswag(m): 2:24pm On Jun 01, 2010
@tayo, hmmm, World class CDs, no kidding!! Tuface is really thinking big, i like that cool well, #1k isn't that much to spend on just one CD, but from common sense, i know that, you shouldn't spend more money on something you know you can get @ a lesser price!

By the way, a blue-ray DVD cost about #500!!
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by tayoast(m): 2:31pm On Jun 01, 2010
hectorswag:

@tayo, hmmm, World class CDs, no kidding!! Tuface is really thinking big, i like that cool well, #1k isn't that much to spend on just one CD, but from my knowledge of economics and common sense, i know that, you shouldn't spend more money on something you know you can get @ a lesser price!

By the way, a blue-ray DVD cost about #500!!

how d'u meant 'at a lesser price'?

Blu-ray disc for N500
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by hectorswag(m): 3:06pm On Jun 01, 2010
tayo_ast:

how d'u meant 'at a lesser price'?

check your dictionary for the word "less" or "lesser" and use the definition to relate it with the sentence as a whole, maybe you'll get the sense of what i'm saying angry grin

tayo_ast:

Blu-ray disc for N500

Yes oooo, @ my personal distributors place in Idumota grin yeye lipsrsealed wink
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by Gepheral: 4:19pm On Jun 01, 2010
I don't think the price is what the so called 'fans' should be wailing about, but the major thing is the quality & amount of hardwork invested into the work,

This album is definately gonna make a change in the Nigeria's music industry, judging from the dynamic nature of the disk, other freebiees and the red hot "IMPLICATION" amongst others track,
He sure is 9ja best, Thumbsup,

Ecstasy For Real
, I D ,
~ LORD GEPHERAL ~
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by tayoast(m): 8:01pm On Jun 01, 2010
hectorswag:

c[b]heck your dictionary for the word "less" or "lesser" and use the definition to relate it with the sentence as a whole, maybe you'll get the sense of what i'm saying [/b] angry grin

Yes oooo, @ my personal distributors place in Idumota grin yeye lipsrsealed wink

poor u!
evry1 knows wat less/lesser means.

I just dont get d part where u said 'u shdnt spend mnore on sth u can get at a lesser price'
it doesnt make sense
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by An0nimus: 2:35am On Jun 02, 2010
When I hurd this at first I was like 'WHAT THA, ??!!'but having had a rethink and checkd out posts on this thread I think its a brave move.others will follow suit(if it succeeds I guess).nat buying either d real deal or Alaba(dats jus me)na Terry G own I go buy.:p
Offtopic-
@u-kno-yaselves
Never say its cos dudes can't afford the album.thats not a very nice comment.my decision not 2 buy sumthing doesn't mean i dnt have d money,does it?
Finally n sincerely, most of us hia go either download,buy 'Alaba version',burn 4rm homeboiz(wey be 'correct 2baba fans') or get via bluetooth(as people wey buy go pack am 4 phone) make we talk true na! grin
Re: Fans Frown At Ngn1,000 Price Tag For Tuface’s Unstoppable Ii Album. by Akin9ja: 7:13am On Jun 02, 2010
I will get one by all means,

New Music: The Mavins – Looku Looku (download MP3 ) / Downloadable 9ja Mp3's / Lyrics Of P-square – Collabo Ft Don Jazzy

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70