Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,667 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? (7678 Views)

Man Arrested For Abducting, Impregnating House Help / Lady Accuses Married Man Of Impregnating Women With Fake Marriage Proposal / Does Bearing A Child Validate A Woman As A Wife? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by oluite(f): 3:50pm On Jun 03, 2010
I know a family,the woman was very heavy during the wedding.She had miscarriage and several other miscarriages after that infact afta over 15 year of marriage.They still dont have a child.
I also know a lady who wanted to get married and was told she needs to validate her fertility.She took in,the man is nowhere to be found and she's a single mother with a 10year boy.
I have learnt in dis life dat wat may workout for some1 mite not work u.Dont play God with dis life.Only prayers n God's mercies will help one.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by kobikwelu(m): 4:07pm On Jun 03, 2010
its not about playing God,

why do most couples check their blood group, genotype, their HIV status and all that stuff before getting married??

its just common sense,

before  you get married, try and eliminate as much uncertainty as possible, and leave the rest to God

this is for a life-time.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by femmy2010(m): 4:09pm On Jun 03, 2010
I am an apostle of what would be would be sha.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Princek12(m): 4:14pm On Jun 03, 2010
oluite:

I know a family,the woman was very heavy during the wedding.She had miscarriage and several other miscarriages after that infact afta over 15 year of marriage.They still dont have a child.
I also know a lady who wanted to get married and was told she needs to validate her fertility.She took in,the man is nowhere to be found and she's a single mother with a 10year boy.
I have learnt in dis life dat wat may workout for some1 mite not work u.Dont play God with dis life.Only prayers n God's mercies will help one.

Playing God because you want to make sure you are marrying a fertile woman? Are you kidding me?
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Tcrack(m): 4:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
me i know that it is God that gives children o but the way some of this girls do abortion ehn,one wonders. and even though men hardly show it, its tough being in a fruitless marriage.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by maz2366: 4:20pm On Jun 03, 2010
Why should there be a need to do this?
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Newest: 4:24pm On Jun 03, 2010
All ya that support better do it now, cause u'v already doubted God he wont give you want you want
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:10pm On Jun 03, 2010
why are all u pple getting your knickers in a twist? it works both ways now.

as a woman do you want to get married to a man who cannot impregnate you?

so whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!!!! unless of course as usual, there is a ulterior motive, or you are just plain scared the past may catch up. simples
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Outstrip(f): 6:16pm On Jun 03, 2010
4llerbuntu:

why are all u pple getting your knickers in a twist? it works both ways now.

as a woman do you want to get married to a man who cannot impregnate you?

so whats sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander!!!! unless of course as usual, there is a ulterior motive, or you are just plain scared the past may catch up. simples

You obviously read the question but did not understand it. Comprehension is the issue here obviously. Nobody asked if you want to marry an impotent man or an infertile woman. The question is IS THERE A NEED TO VALIDATE A WOMAN"S FERTILITY BY IMPREGNATING HER B4 MARRIAGE. The other thing is that you are obviously just assumed that a woman who cannot give birth had to have been promiscuous. Please what science classes did you take and what grade did you get in those classes. Just curious to know so that I don't judge you to harshly
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:27pm On Jun 03, 2010
^^ maybe you need to start the science classes here for me asap!!

is there a part of you that maybe can just comprehend without one having to spell stuff out in a verbose manner?etc.

and yes, in case you did not get the nuance, im saying THERE IS A NEED TO CONFIRM.

besides, since we are on the topic, as someone else had pointed out, maybe we should just forget about verifying HIV status, Blood group status

there are no guarantees i agree, but then how does being careless become a good idea.
bottom line is I will not trust any modern day nigerian girl that far!!! you have to understand that as the yoruba say :"ti a ba sunkun a maan riran" meaning even whilst we are crying, we see whats going on around us.

i dont see the problem, like i said, WOULD YOU NOT LIKE TO VERIFY IF YOUR BOYFRIEND CAN IMPREGNATE YOU B4 MARRIAGE?.

i was talking with some men recently, and they were laughing at a particular guy who was very promiscuos and was very loose health wise (doesnt use condoms), along the line someone asked the chap, so how many abortions have you facilitated? he answered none!!
to me, the guy was infertile simple!!!

or how does a man have unprotected sex with a string of women running into double figures and not impregnate one? and he will def get married to one poor girl later!!!

so it works both ways, SHINE YOUR EYES!!!
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Outstrip(f): 6:30pm On Jun 03, 2010
Shine my eyes for what. Nobody marries to have babies. That is not what marriage is for. Anyway to each their own. Somehow people tend to end up with what they allow so why should I worry about someone elses decision. The fact is that any woman who married you when you make such a request is simply desperate. No real man wants to marry a desperate woman. Period
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 6:58pm On Jun 03, 2010
IMO, I do not blame those who believes their wife must be pregnant before marriage. I think it is just a mind set thing of our culture where we feel as mortal men we are smarter than God.

I know marriage is for companionship, sexual gratification and for child bearing thus, I wonder why so many people who have contributed believes marriage is solely for child bearing.

Therefore, I would suggest people should seat down and think very well and above all, marry for the right reasons. Some people because of their desperation to get their wife pregnant before marriage end up having bastards as children because the woman in a bid not to loose the man who for one reason which actually may not be a serious problems could get some other men impregnate them.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Princek12(m): 7:04pm On Jun 03, 2010
Outstrip:

Shine my eyes for what. [b]Nobody [/b]marries to have babies. That is not what marriage is for. Anyway to each their own. Somehow people tend to end up with what they allow so why should I worry about someone elses decision. The fact is that any woman who married you when you make such a request is simply desperate. No real man wants to marry a desperate woman. Period
Who are you to decide for everybody? How do you know "nobody marries to have babies." Speak for yourself.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 7:29pm On Jun 03, 2010
I know marriage is for companionship, sexual gratification and for child bearing thus, I wonder why so many people who have contributed believes marriage is solely for child bearing.

But childbearing is VERY important for some people including Dayokanu

Therefore, I would suggest people should seat down and think very well and above all, marry for the right reasons. Some people because of their desperation to get their wife pregnant before marriage end up having bastards as children because the woman in a bid not to loose the man who for one reason which actually may not be a serious problems could get some other men impregnate them.

There is a technology in the world for the past 50 years called DNA testing. It doesnt cost much
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:47pm On Jun 03, 2010
Maybe we should start Testing Men for Impotence or Infidelity before marriage grin
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by chelseabmw(m): 10:28pm On Jun 03, 2010
@poster
u are so dumb and useless.what kind of useless question or statement is this.I know u r not a male that's why u are writing this rubbish here.If u can't give birth 4 ur boyfriend/husband then take watch ur post
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by larana(f): 8:51am On Jun 04, 2010
pple of God, things dey happen o, a lot of girls are empty, i mean there is no womb again. infact a babe behind my house has her womb removed 2 years back. it wont be fair for an innocent man to fall victim simply becos of love.

and who says a family is complete witout children, sweetheart, pls wake up there is no family without ur own children and dont even bring the issue of adoption in. becos blood na blood anytime. guys wise up a lot of ladies don commit tire and ladies do fertility test for men o cos some no fit impregnate woman. rili dere is no point wasting time
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by caadediran(m): 9:39am On Jun 04, 2010
Well i knw that is life is dynamic and we do not av all the powers to make all things be the way we want it. validating a woman's fertility by impregnating her b4 marriage does not totally affirms that the fertility is not bound to change along the line during marriage and any thing can after wards happen. so all that matter is God. so leave all to God who knows best rather than subscribing to trial by error.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by tkb417(m): 10:45am On Jun 04, 2010
Shine my eyes for what. Nobody marries to have babies. That is not what marriage is for. Anyway to each their own. Somehow people tend to end up with what they allow so why should I worry about someone elses decision. The fact is that any woman who married you when you make such a request is simply desperate. No real man wants to marry a desperate woman. Period

the part in bold makes no sense to me
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by oluite(f): 11:53am On Jun 04, 2010
kobikwelu:

why do most couples check their blood group, genotype, their HIV status and all that stuff before getting married??

its just common sense,

before  you get married, try and eliminate as much uncertainty as possible, and leave the rest to God

this is for a life-time.
Princek12:

Playing God because you want to make sure you are marrying a fertile woman? Are you kidding me?
[/quote

Of course couples check blood group,genotype,Hiv status.you can take it a step further and do a diagnosis for infertility(for a woman):blood test,urine test,hormonal test,pap smear,biopsy,an ultrasound etc.
But read closely LIFE DOESN'T PLAY BY THE BOOKS.A virgin might be infertile or fertile.Dats life. Well different strokes for different people.I believe in doing all u can do as a human without offending God n prayers.Everytin is about d mercy of God.

N/B:i dont agree in getting pregnant b4 marriage to prove fertility.i think it's playing God.my opinion.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by oluite(f): 11:56am On Jun 04, 2010
kobikwelu:

its just common sense,

this is for a life-time.
Princek12:

Of course couples check blood group,genotype,Hiv status.you can take it a step further and do a diagnosis for infertility(for a woman):blood test,urine test,hormonal test,pap smear,biopsy,an ultrasound etc.
But read closely LIFE DOESN'T PLAY BY THE BOOKS.A virgin might be infertile or fertile.Dats life. Well different strokes for different people.I believe in doing all u can do as a human without offending God n prayers.Everytin is about d mercy of God.

N/B:i dont agree in getting pregnant b4 marriage to prove fertility.i think it's playing God.my opinion.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by GboyegaD(m): 2:05pm On Jun 04, 2010
dayokanu:

But childbearing is VERY important for some people including Dayokanu

@Dayokanu, I never said it is not important what I was saying is that it shouldn't be the major reason for marriage but for those who think it is, then so be it.

There is a technology in the world for the past 50 years called DNA testing. It doesnt cost much

The cost of DNA nor the technology in itself is not the issue here. If you are already thinking in that sense, then why marry someone you cannot trust? U thinking about going for a DNA implies lack of trust which I believe is one of the core necessities in a marriage. And sometimes, it is because of your insistence on children that pushes the wife into extra marital affairs.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by bodrin(m): 2:43pm On Jun 04, 2010
for dose of u saying its dumb, rubbish. is it not beter to test than to marry 2 wife? our patience differs. if to u is rubbish to another na criteria. if u no no wetn to talk kp quiet. i dnt say its okay. "but ta lo fe fi ori ko" sm ladys don spoil body beyond and sm spoil and still ok. we shld just desist from immorality. God no dey fail. hanna conceived naa. for amd standn on the fence.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Theblessed(f): 3:39pm On Jun 04, 2010
[b]Well, we bring it upon ourselves! On the same token, why can women demand the result of a man's fertility/impotence before saying 'I do'.  That way men would begin to realise, we are created equally and that it takes two to tango angry angry.

We all know, their halves and our halves - God ordained as 'One Whole'.  Without their halves nor ours, there's no human race and that's where the need to be recognised and accepted as equals sums it up for everyone.  Therefore, its up to us to change men's reasoning/attitudes and current culture by doing the opposite.  

Women have suffered a lot of injustice and marginalisation in society as a result of their obedience to parents/family and their eagerness to please society at the expense of their own happiness (e.g. assimilating/absorbing societal pressure on issues of singleton/marriage). It's all about control and if not, why would a man need to validate his fiancée's fertility before marriage.  And for those women who need to ensure marriage why get pregnant to entrap a man? Again, it's all about control and power in relationships? Yet, it's society that instigated it based on our ancient/archaic beliefs and values but hey, this is the 21st Century. 

Here, I ask again and again, is it compulsory 'Thou shall marry?  And can someone tell me, is it also the 11th Commandment? But, they say we should all learn from example hey, the Bible told us that our first parents - Adam and Eve were companions isn't it So, why the heck about this compulsion on marriage when you can live with whoever you fancy and have your babies if you are tired of singleton?

I need to know, for I believe it's time we turn around and say 'No' enough is enough to societal pressure and mean it! Yes, its going to be difficult as some of us are so wavy and pleasing types hence society not taking our needs seriously.  However, it is possible if only we try and sing with one voice. Shall weNaaaaaaaah!!! Thus, the suffering continues until women are able to take charge of their own lives and make a difference for themselves and their daughters.

God knows what women have suffered in the hands of men both in our society and others e.g. Afghanistan, India, Pakistan, Africa as a whole etc.  One thing is for sure our day shall come one day, for our God is a God of justice and equality and with him on our side, the inequalities in these societies and ours will be tackled.
[/b]
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by jose24: 3:48pm On Jun 04, 2010
We claim to be very religious, but we don't live by what we profess. Ethically, religious wise, it's immoral for a man and woman to test themselves let-alone pregnancy.
I think we should condemn this attitude by our men and women, especially parents that support their gals to bring pregnancy before dowry.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 04, 2010
Bush men!!! tongue

Instead of you to say you are randy like a billy goat and you want to have intimacy, you are using validating a woman's fertility. It's no more test-drive again, it's now validating her fertility. Just imagine this toasting line, "baby lemme validate your fertility" instead of you to scream konji dey kill you. Hahahaha. Lmao!!! grin

That's by the way, jare. . . grin
What are doctors or gynecologists for? If it's really about wanting to know about her fertility status, why don't you book an appointment with a medical personnel to see if her uterus and even your g-enitals are in good condition. I won't be surprised how many of them ranting here have a low-spermatozoa count and even need paraga to take on a simple task as an erection cheesy.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On Jun 04, 2010
Instead of you to say you are randy like a billy goat and you want to have intimacy, you are using validating a woman's fertility. It's no more test-drive again, it's now validating her fertility. Just imagine this toasting line, "baby lemme validate your fertility" instead of you to scream konji dey kill you. Hahahaha. Lmao
!!!

Oya stillwater lemme validate your hmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

That's by the way, jare. . .
What are doctors or gynecologists for? If it's really about wanting to know about her fertility status, why don't you book an appointment with a medical personnel to see if her uterus and even your focal places are in good condition. I won't be surprised how many of them ranting here have a low-spermatozoa count and even need paraga to take on a simple task as an erection

So both parties should validate, I bet most women too wouldnt want a guy who cant knock them up
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jun 04, 2010
And God knows I did not write spermatozoa-count, eeewwww.

dayokanu:

!!!

Oya stillwater lemme validate your hmm lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

So both parties should validate, I bet most women too wouldnt want a guy who cant knock them up

Both parties should go to the hospital. If we can check for HIV, blood-type, then let's check if he has a low sper'm count or if her eggs are in order tongue. Why don't we have sex to see if our mate is HIV positive or negative, lol.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by dayokanu(m): 5:30pm On Jun 04, 2010
All those tests wont tell you if the guy comes in 2 minutes or if the girl is frigid.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by namski(m): 8:17pm On Jun 04, 2010
After testing the fertility, you should also test for the ability for the pregnancy to stay and not mis-carry. When you are not God, why bother with issues that are best left to God!
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by waladis(m): 9:30pm On Jun 04, 2010
It is your choice when you discover that your partner is infertile to adopt or not to, or to move on. It is natural that most men will move on or take a second wife if they discover that their wife is unproductive and vice-verse. So it is all about doing what you think is right for yourself and your main reason of getting married which must have been aware to both parties before the marriage. Marriage is not just about love. It does not really bother me if a woman is fertile or not because I would know what step to take if I ever find myself in such a situation.
Re: Is There A Need To Validate A Woman's Fertility By Impregnating Her B4 Marriage? by gowaga68: 9:43pm On Jun 04, 2010
i dont think there should be any thing like testing it or need of validating a woman's fertility. too bad
well some culture allows that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Update: My Sister Has Cancer. I Will Miss her so much. / Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? / Seven Steps To Better Parenting.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.