Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,687 members, 7,809,597 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:47 AM

Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? (7603 Views)

Abortion Row:biden And Harris Blast US Supreme Court Move To 'deny Women's Right (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 8:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
Good evening peeps and happy new year smiley

Finally, the US election drama of 'Christian' Trump and 'Evil' Biden is over and Joe Biden has been inaugurated.

In the midst of the drama, another drama ensued cheesy

Madam Kamala Harris became the icon of 'female' empowerment world wide.

Phrases such as 'I am lucky to be born in a time like this'; 'Because she can, I can'; 'She has made a way for others' etc.

I say 'Drama' because she did not 'win' the election, the President did. If Biden lost, she would not be there today.

If for instance she became the secretary of state; head of Google or another position she competed/ was elected for; I would understand. This is a position that piggybacks on another position.

If unfortunately she was a Republican and was sent packing with Daddy wa, was she the one that lost?

Can we claim Mike Pence lost the election? Was it not possible that Americans would vote for Mike if he was running with another President?

Americans rejected Trump, can Pence greatly influence his acceptance or rejection?

Question: In this election and position as VP, what was Kamaris' achievement to warrant the near idol status she has received?

Disclaimer:

1. This thread is NOT to question her 'qualification' for her role as the Vice President of America. If you feel she is not qualified, take it up with the appropriate authorities grin

2. This is NOT a 'putting down' or 'inequality' thread; Social Justice Warriors, please stay away. I would ask same questions if Obama was Vice President and hyped as paving way for blacks in the U.S.

3. A topic for this thread was harder than the content. cheesy and might change embarassed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Denique(f): 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2021
In many ways, I tell you...

Being chosen as the first female vice to a president made it so. It's a first in the polity of almighty America. That counts for something!

On how she influenced the election...
I think she gave Biden the victory even though the win is still being contested by most Republicans.

As a woman and one of colour too, considering America as a feminist nation, most votes will go in her favour just to make history.
Her initial presidential run was just to create the image. This was it all along!

The Democrats are wise! And as long as they keep fielding a female vice before having a female president of colour, I don't see Republicans coming back anytime soon.

18 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by 99thEnemy(m): 8:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
Denique:

Deni. Are you a writer? or interested in writing?
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by sisisioge: 9:04pm On Jan 21, 2021
Hmmmm...If you know the amount of work political team put together to win you wouldn't be inferring that she was "handed" the win. In fact, if you knew the amount of work wives(you know they don't have offices) of elected political office leaders put in, you wouldn't even dare attempt to undermine her success. Trust me, she did the work and merit the success.

By the way, why do you always sorta undermine the female wins sef grin? Dont groom your daughters to walk in men's shadow fa tongue...women are doing wonders in high places now o. The glass ceiling kept cracking and by God it will one day completely give way wink

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by BusinessCity: 9:05pm On Jan 21, 2021
You're bored.

First and foremost you wrote in a way that projected how you wanted different persons to be seen. Christian Trump Evil Biden Harris that

Learn to stay objective if you must write but pose like you have answers yet seek objective reasoning

You failed on this one. I recommend no sane rational discussions with you on this.

You're bored

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Denique(f): 9:06pm On Jan 21, 2021
99thEnemy:

Deni. Are you a writer? or interested in writing?

I have an interest but haven't really horned the craft. Why?
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 9:08pm On Jan 21, 2021
sisisioge:

1. Hmmmm...If you know the amount of work political team put together to win you wouldn't be inferring that she was "handed" the win. In fact, if you knew the amount of work wives(you know they don't have offices) of elected political office leaders put in, you wouldn't even dare attempt to undermine her success. Trust me, she did the work and merit the success.

2. By the way, why do you always sorta undermine the female wins sef grin? Dont groom your daughters to walk in men's shadow fa tongue...women are doing wonders in high places now o. The glass ceiling kept crashing and by God it will one day completely give way wink

1. If Joe Biden lost, would Kamala Harris be VP?

2. Don't worry about my daughters. Refer to Disclaimer 2.

6 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by sisisioge: 9:14pm On Jan 21, 2021
bukatyne:

1. If Joe Biden lost, would Kamala Harris be VP?

2. Don't worry about my daughters. Refer to Disclaimer 2.

That's why they are a team, the number 1 gets put forward even though voters are voting for their stakes in the party. Eg, I love Osibanjo, so I vote Buhari so Oshy could win...very simple.

13 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2021
Denique:
In many ways, I tell you...

1. Being chosen as the first female vice to a president made it so. It's a first in the polity of almighty America. That counts for something!

2. On how she influenced the election...
I think she gave Biden the victory even though that is still being contested by most Republicans.

3. As a woman and one of colour too, considering America as a feminist nation, most votes will go in her favour just to make history.
Her initial presidential run was just to create the image. This was it all along!

4. The Democrats are wise! And as long as they keep fielding a female vice before having a female president of colour, I don't see Republicans coming back anytime soon.

Thanks for your feedback.
1. America and Democrats had Hilary Clinton contested against Trump. I want to believe she was picked because she was the most qualified/merited it.

2. Do you mean Democrats voted Biden because of Her?

3. Hmmmmm. Hilary did not win the last time. I think it is beyond just been a woman

4. Hmmmmm. I want to believe Americans are smarter than that when it comes to voting.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 9:17pm On Jan 21, 2021
sisisioge:

That's why they are a team, the number 1 gets put forward even though voters are voting for their stakes in the party. Eg, I love Osibanjo, so I vote Buhari so Oshy could win...very simple.

Do you think a Trump/ Kamala ticket would have won?

1 Like

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2021
First of all, Trump is no Christian. As for Kamala, she's the first black woman, the first South Asian daughter of immigrants, and the first graduate of a historically Black university (Howard) to be sworn in as U.S.A's Vice President. I would love to see a black woman become President one day, but this is a start. As far as racism goes, I doubt much will change, not unless structural systemic racism is changed at the supreme court level.

11 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by DontBullshitMe: 9:21pm On Jan 21, 2021
Because she's the defacto president. cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
BusinessCity:
You're bored.

First and foremost you wrote in a way that projected how you wanted different persons to be seen. Christian Trump Evil Biden Harris that

Learn to stay objective if you must write but pose like you have answers yet seek objective reasoning

You failed on this one. I recommend no sane rational discussions with you on this.

You're bored

Go do a refresher course on GST 101 to know uses of quotes.

4 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by sisisioge: 9:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
bukatyne:

Do you think a Trump/ Kamala ticket would have won?

They might have as he would get majority of the blacks, immigrants as well as feminists votes, but Kamala's skin is one of the things Trump couldn't stand. Thus they are an unlikely pair. If it had been her and another strong rooted dude....yeayea. Meanwhile, let me let you enjoy your evening. Cheers.

7 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by BusinessCity: 9:25pm On Jan 21, 2021
bukatyne:

Your problem not mine

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 9:27pm On Jan 21, 2021
aroundtheearth:

1.First of all, Trump is no Christian.

2. As for Kamala, she's the first black woman, the first South Asian daughter of immigrants, and the first graduate of a historically Black university (Howard) to be sworn in as U.S.A's Vice President.

3. I would love to see a black woman become President one day, but this is a start. As far as racism goes, I doubt much will change, not unless structural systemic racism is changed at the supreme court level.

1. Tell that to the Nigerian Churches praying and fasting for their 'bro' in the Lord. grin

2. What did she achieve by herself before becoming the VP?

3. Never say never. Obama did it. Except you are saying they are prejudiced against a female president (White or Black).
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Denique(f): 9:29pm On Jan 21, 2021
bukatyne:

1. America and Democrats had Hilary Clinton contested against Trump. I want to believe she was picked because she was the most qualified/merited it.

3. Hmmmmm. Hilary did not win the last time. I think it is beyond just been a woman

4. Hmmmmm. I want to believe Americans are smarter than that when it comes to voting.

1. It is not always about being 'the most qualified' else we would have Princeton, Harvard scholars vying for the post. It's about fitting into the image they have created for you with the cabal backings of course.
Cabal isn't alien to The American polity. They are just more discreet than Africans–Nigerians especially.

2. Partly so. “The world is Female” mantra didn't originate from Nigeria. It's a movement and America feminists will always make a point in issues as this. Democrats know this better than Republicans.

3. She contested at a time her party had a tricky rating as they were incumbent, and despite that, she won the popular votes. In fact, Clinton got as many votes in 2016 as Barack Obama did in 2012.
Trump came into power through the Electoral college. Here's why the people call Trump a sore loser: The same system that made him president is what he terms inefficient because it didn't go his way this time.

4. Of course Americans are smart! You just present one to champion their cause and you are sure on your way to victory. More so, a person of colour. Sooner than projected, LGBT will have a shot at the presidency.

In the world of politics, no politician really cares. They give you a loaf of bread to take the bakery from you. Theirs is just more structured than ours.

11 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 9:58pm On Jan 21, 2021
Denique:

1. It is not always about being 'the most qualified' else we would have Princeton, Harvard scholars vying for the post. It's about fitting into the image they have created for you with the cabal backings of course.
Cabal isn't alien to The American politics. They are just more discreet than Africans–Nigerians especially.

2. Partly so. “The world is Female” mantra didn't originate from Nigeria. It's a movement and America feminists will always make a point in issues as this. Democrats know this better than Republicans.

3. She contested at a time her party had a tricky rating as they were incumbent, and despite that, she won the popular votes. In fact, Clinton got as many votes in 2016 as Barack Obama did in 2012.
Trump came into power through the Electoral college. Here's why the people call Trump a sore loser: The same system that made him president is what he terms inefficient because it didn't go his way this time.

4. Of course Americans are smart! You just present one to champion their cause and you are sure on your way to victory. More so, a person of colour. Sooner than projected, LGBT will have a shot at the presidency.

5. In the world of politics, no politician really cares. They give you a loaf of bread to take the bakery from you. Theirs is just more structured than ours.

1. She was obviously the most fitting grin

2. I agree the mantra did not start here. Do you think a Trump/ Kamala ticket would have won?

3. Trump is a typical human na. Something is wrong when it is against us.

4. Ok

5. O jasi

Would you have celebrated an Igbo vice President in Nigeria? Irrespective of the sex.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
Denique:

I have an interest but haven't really horn the craft. Why?

I am contemplating on starting a hobby website on just one niche, but I am still contemplating on making it versatile (multi niche).

But I can't be jack of all trades.

Was thinking if maybe there are other hobby writers I can team up with.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 10:30pm On Jan 21, 2021
99thEnemy:

I am contemplating on starting a hobby website on just one niche, but I am still contemplating on making it versatile (multi niche).

If any collaboration comes out of this, my cut is 15% for providing the platform for you to connect.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:40pm On Jan 21, 2021
bukatyne:

It's been like 10 yrs for me oh! grin
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
DontBullshitMe:
Because she's the defacto president. cheesy grin

Okay cheesy grin
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
bukatyne:

If any collaboration comes out of this, my cut is 15% for providing the platform for you to connect.

Lol grin
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 10:46pm On Jan 21, 2021
99thEnemy:

It's been like 10 yrs for me oh! grin

15yrs for me shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Nobody: 10:50pm On Jan 21, 2021
bukatyne:

1. Tell that to the Nigerian Churches praying and fasting for their 'bro' in the Lord. grin

2. What did she achieve by herself before becoming the VP?

3. Never say never. Obama did it. Except you are saying they are prejudiced against a female president (White or Black).
Some Nigerians in Nigeria are ignorant about U.S politics and I imagine they fell for his false rhetoric about Christianity. If asked questions about the past 4-years under his administration, they’ll have no answer to give. I’m not going to start listing all his inadequacies or how he’s literally the worst and most failed U.S President, but to illustrate with the recent event (the attack on the capital) that took place earlier this month, while his supporters were calling for Pence to be executed, Trump continued to attack the VP on Twitter. Really, that’s indefensible. For anyone to believe he’s a Christian or even call him one, is absurd.

Her achievements revolves around her career. She passed the bar and became an Assistant Attorney focusing on sex crimes, then was elected mayor of San Francisco, then was elected District Attorney in California (the first ever black woman to be elected District Attorney in California), then was elected California’s Attorney General, then created OPEN JUSTICE, etc.

I didn’t say it’ll never happen. In fact, I’m hopeful it will, someday.

5 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:53pm On Jan 21, 2021
bukatyne:

The Electoral College system of electing the POTUS is unfair in my opinion to be used decide.

Winner should be declared by majority and not ECV.

If my wish was so, Trump would have never become president in the first place because Clinton's popular vote was 6million+ more than Trump.

3 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by 99thEnemy(m): 10:54pm On Jan 21, 2021
bukatyne:

15yrs for me shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

You were prolly a graduate by the time I was there.

1 Like

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Liposure: 10:56pm On Jan 21, 2021
Kamala harris was chosen to compensate the african american women who stood by biden during the primaries coupled with the fact that kamala was a lawyer with strict anti criminal policies. So its not what you think

2 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Denique(f): 11:24pm On Jan 21, 2021
bukatyne:

Hahaha @99thEnemy, should we tell her? grin
99thEnemy:

Let's take this off here so as not to derail the thread.
Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Jan 21, 2021
What do you mean by christain Trump and evil Biden? sad In Biden we trust, deal with it.

2 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by cococandy(f): 12:03am On Jan 22, 2021
It’s not idolization of her personal achievement.

It’s a celebration of what her being in that position represents for minorities and women.

7 Likes

Re: Kamala Harris: Why The Idolization? by bukatyne(f): 12:20am On Jan 22, 2021
aroundtheearth:
Some Nigerians in Nigeria are ignorant about U.S politics and I imagine they fell for his false rhetoric about Christianity. If asked questions about the past 4-years under his administration, they’ll have to answer to give. I’m not going to start listing all his inadequacies or how he’s literally the worst and most failed U.S President, but to illustrate with the recent event (the attack on the capital) that took place earlier this month, while his supporters were calling for Pence to be executed, Trump continued to attack the VP on Twitter. Really, that’s indefensible. For anyone to believe he’s a Christian or even call him one, is absurd.

Her achievements revolves around her career. She passed the bar and became an Assistant Attorney focusing on sex crimes, then was elected mayor of San Francisco, then was elected District Attorney in California (the first ever black woman to be elected District Attorney in California), then was elected California’s Attorney General, then created OPEN JUSTICE, etc.

I didn’t say it’ll never happen. In fact, I’m hopeful it will, someday.

@bold:

Fantastic achievements, she worked for these and worth all the hype.

Trump is a good prototype of their version of 'Christianity' cheesy

Cc: NoToPile

I am not disputing her qualifications.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Do Married Women Prefer Sitting beside Their Husband In A Vehicle / Why You Should Not Marry A Girl Below 25 Years Of Age / Social Media Begging

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.