Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,208 members, 7,815,221 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? (76062 Views)

What Is The Worst University Course To Study? / UNIOSUN Lecturer Sends Female Student Out Of Class For Indecent Dressing / Top 50,best Secondary Schools In Nigeria,based On Ssce Performance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by EMINIBLAIT(m): 8:10pm On May 31, 2018
Unilag best in Africa #UnilagAlumni

1 Like

Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Sotland: 8:11pm On May 31, 2018
I think poster meant It's the worst school based On Moral & Dressing and not academically ...It's a pity that people read but rarely try to understand post from writer's perspective ..

Soty
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Elouise: 8:12pm On May 31, 2018
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Adesolomon2014(m): 8:21pm On May 31, 2018
Elouise:

lol... hell to the no. I am a medical student and I've seen how students have been verbally abused severally in the hospital. It is a bad environment to learn. this happens when you take culture above professionalism. an average Ibadan Medical graduate has issues addressing or giving his opinion to his superiors and I think it's because of the training. I'm sure It's not that bad in Unilag.
The Curriculum and all ain't bad at all and we can't deny that the teachers are brilliant just that some are really terribly abusive and have terrible relationship with students.

my reply is up there

my reply is up there

The bolded shows you just hope, hope is good sha
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by tete7000(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2018
Elouise:

lol... hell to the no. I am a medical student and I've seen how students have been verbally abused severally in the hospital. It is a bad environment to learn. this happens when you take culture above professionalism. an average Ibadan Medical graduate has issues addressing or giving his opinion to his superiors and I think it's because of the training. I'm sure It's not that bad in Unilag.

The Curriculum and all ain't bad at all and we can't deny that the teachers are brilliant just that some are really terribly abusive and have terrible relationship with students.

my reply is up there

my reply is up there

Sure it is not that bad in unilag with all cases of sexual harassment reported on social media? A man who has never tasted another person soup will say na hin mama own sweet pass. Grass they say always looks greener on the other side. If there is harassment in ui, there will definitely be harassment elsewhere. You ask me why?.Because all universities are located within an entity called Nigeria and many of these behaviors are part of our culture and values transported into our academic environment.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Adesolomon2014(m): 8:25pm On May 31, 2018
asuustrike2009:

University of Ibadan has always top in Africa. Am referring to Nigeria ranking not world ranking. Most likely university of Ibadan will concentrate more on postgraduate since it is more of research.

Ranking on what basis bro...
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Elouise: 8:26pm On May 31, 2018
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by tete7000(m): 8:40pm On May 31, 2018
Elouise:

actually, I've spoken to quite a number of people that didn't graduate from UI and are training in ib and they said it's actually really terrible here!

trust me when I say verbal abuse, i mean very nasty remarks that makes your self esteem nosedive. Sexual harassment is a terrible thing but it happens everywhere trust me. what I'm talking about is you been insulted and Cursed like a 10 year old

I know what you say when you say verbal abuse, it can be bad. But honestly it has to do more with our culture and values than with a university. It is a culture that allows those in authority to go away with impunity. You will meet it everywhere you go, sometimes even at places of work. Talking to those who have attended just one university can't give you a true picture. Speak to someone who has attended two different universities, that will give you a better picture to judge with. Maybe someone with first degree from ui and second degree from unilag. I have met one or two and none told me unilag is better. They only remained in unilag because their work kept them in Lagos. If they have had their way, they would return to ui.
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Isaacvin(m): 8:50pm On May 31, 2018
stemmez:
This is not totally related to the post but OAU is the worst university ever, with sadist lecturers everywhere! Useless lecturers with frustrated brains. If you want to waste your time, kindly enroll in that school and be fortunately or unfortunately be offered Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Geology, or any course even; you would be done for!
Those failures called lecturers would frustrate your life till you run mentally down.

I am in the USA, working now, with a 1st class in BSc and Distinction in Msc.

Avoid the school, no matter how good you are, my advice. But if you can sleep with lectures, go ahead..

Over to you, OAU apologists, even those who spent 12years to study pharmacy would still come here to bash but sorry, I am a winner!

U re truely a winner

1 Like

Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Duru009(m): 8:56pm On May 31, 2018
Omoh Unilag is a childs play, come Uniport !
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by GentlePEACE: 9:08pm On May 31, 2018
stemmez:
This is not totally related to the post but OAU is the worst university ever, with sadist lecturers everywhere! Useless lecturers with frustrated brains. If you want to waste your time, kindly enroll in that school and be fortunately or unfortunately be offered Biochemistry, Pharmacy, Geology, or any course even; you would be done for!
Those failures called lecturers would frustrate your life till you run mentally down.

Avoid the school, no matter how good you are, my advice. But if you can sleep with lectures, go ahead..

Over to you, OAU apologists, even those who spent 12years to study pharmacy would still come here to bash but sorry, I am a winner!
congrats on your distinction.
did you study in OAU before you find your way to USA?
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 31, 2018
tete7000:

I know what you say when you say verbal abuse, it can be bad. But honestly it has to do more with our culture and values than with a university. It is a culture that allows those in authority to go away with impunity. You will meet it everywhere you go, sometimes even at places of work. Talking to those who have attended just one university can't give you a true picture. Speak to someone who has attended two different universities, that will give you a better picture to judge with. Maybe someone with first degree from ui and second degree from unilag. I have met one or two and none told me unilag is better. They only remained in unilag because their work kept them in Lagos. If they have had their way, they would return to ui.

I have studied on three campuses in this country. I have visited a couple of others too. I have to tell you that schooling anywhere outside Lagos is really really a terrible idea I won't ever try again. The student-lecturer relationship I see here in Unilag is alien to Nigerian schools TBH. Students dictate almost everything which includes: tests' dates, exam time table adjustment, classes and many more. The freedom is just too much it took me long to blend with. You may really have to school in Lagos to understand but as for me, if I can't obtain a masters degree in Lagos, it's definitely outside the country or nowhere else. I really won't go to those villages where sad lecturers would mess up my life with their archaic orientation.

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by luminouz(m): 9:38pm On May 31, 2018
Elouise:

Personally, I'd pick Unilag over my present school (UI). I just want to graduate from that school. I hate the school!
C'mon!! UI ain't so bad!!! wink

1 Like

Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by ehinmowo: 9:43pm On May 31, 2018
darol4real:
Unilag is the worst university in Nigeria based on Moral & dressing.....Their students dress so bad.

Do you agree? If not, which other school do you think is the worst?

This is why we top the list of hypocrites in the world. Meanwhile, some schools up north will not allow male and female students to sit on the same seat. However, u nid to see d same hijab wearing students giving head like Mia Khaifa.
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by tete7000(m): 9:43pm On May 31, 2018
writerights:

I have studied on three campuses in this country. I have visited a couple of others too. I have to tell you that schooling anywhere outside Lagos is really really a terrible idea I won't ever try again. The student-lecturer relationship I see here in Unilag is alien to Nigerian schools TBH. Students dictate almost everything which includes: tests' dates, exam time table adjustment, classes and many more. The freedom is just too much it took me long to blend with. You may really have to school in Lagos to understand but as for me, if I can't obtain a masters degree in Lagos, it's definitely outside the country or nowhere else. I really won't go to those villages where sad lecturers would mess up my life with their archaic orientation.

While I believe student-lecturer relationship should be good, I don't believe an environment where students become the master and dictate everything provides a good learning culture. There must always be a clear line of authority in any establishment or institution for discipline to reign. On that note, if that is what makes unilag stands out, sorry the school as far as I am concerned still have much to do. As per studying abroad, I don't believe any serious university outside the shore of the country allows students dictate all that goes on within the walls of their institutions. That will give way to chaos. Chaos is what you get out of unfettered freedom.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Ademidd: 9:49pm On May 31, 2018
I'm very sure the op is not a student of Unilag. People like you thinks Unilag is about fashions, going to parties, claiming big boy, big girls and other immoral stuffs. You are in for a serious work here, if u don't meet up u will be booted out. Kindly gain admission then we can discuss these things when you become a student of the prestigious school.
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Nobody: 10:04pm On May 31, 2018
Adesolomon2014:

Ranking on what basis bro...
One of the basis for ranking universities is the number of publications and citations they get university of Ibadan has that
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Nobody: 10:09pm On May 31, 2018
tete7000:

While I believe student-lecturer relationship should be good, I don't believe an environment where students become the master and dictate everything provides a good learning culture. There must always be a clear line of authority in any establishment or institution for discipline to reign. On that note, if that is what makes unilag stands out, sorry the school as far as I am concerned still have much to do. As per studying abroad, I don't believe any serious university outside the shore of the country allows students dictate all that goes on within the walls of their institutions. That will give way to chaos. Chaos is what you get out of unfettered freedom.

I have not stated that students dictate all that goes on in Unilag, if that were to be, Unilag may not be a functioning system that it is today. And apparently, you haven't heard of chaos on her campus or have you? I meant students have a lot of say in affairs that concerns them as stated earlier. And yes, it's alien to many who schooled outside Lagos just like you. They are used to being forced to do everything. Lecturers inconsiderate to the plight of students.

Whoever fails fails. Whoever misses my test has, irrespective of whatever excuse he has. If you don't get my bag when you come across me, then you're ill-mannered and should be dealt with. If you ask too much questions, you become a target for failure. You're may even be subjected to verbal abuse and public ridicule by lecturers and security men. These and many more are what I have experienced when I was outside Lagos, and maybe you have too.

I'm not telling you this to debate which school stands out. Unilag has made a name for itself so I'm not inclined to defend it. I just want you to know there is mutual understanding in the profession of lecturing and you can enjoy this professionalism in Unilag to a reasonable extent. Just as I wrote earlier, you won't really understand until you have an experience of a system that puts the students first above other things.

1 Like

Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by chiraqDemon(m): 10:24pm On May 31, 2018
Odingo1:
What concern University with the way people dress, backward country.
Bro i tire. I got chased away from classes cos I was on dreads. Combed my hair out but they still said no, I should carry lowcut. They're busy chasing students out of class cos of ripped jeans. These are the things that lecturers and schools in Nigeria concern themselves with. Meanwhile they still teach by drawing machines on the board instead of buying these machines and materials for students to see, touch and work with. It's all bullcrap.
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by eboy540(m): 10:26pm On May 31, 2018
egorov:

Don't mind the Guy, majority of those people badmouthing Unilag are unsuccessful applicants. Some have not even stepped a foot there. I spent 4yrs in unilag 07-11 and nothing corroborates the profanity being talked by the silly boy
achievement ohhh yeye congratulations
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by laudate: 10:40pm On May 31, 2018
writerights:

Oga, it depends on the course, dept, and faculty where you studied in Unilag. sad In some depts, lecturers have an easy going relationship with students. In other depts, your lecturers are mini-gods, who must not be crossed. Their word is law. Students can't dictate shishi. angry

I remember going for lectures at 6:45 a.m on a Sunday morning during my undergraduate days in Unilag, because one lecturer who had travelled abroad for the better part of the semester, suddenly realised that exams were at the door, and he hadn't taught us half of what was in the syllabus for the year. Dem no born you well, make you no show face for di class. sad It was a compulsory 4-unit course, and on top of that, he had a habit of arranging impromptu tests, in order to set a trap for students who failed to show up. undecided
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Nobody: 10:46pm On May 31, 2018
laudate:

Oga, it depends on the course, dept, and faculty where you studied in Unilag. sad In some depts, lecturers have an easy going relationship with students. In other depts, your lecturers are mini-gods, who must not be crossed. Their word is law. Students can't dictate shishi. angry

I remember going for lectures at 6:45 a.m on a Sunday morning during my undergraduate days in Unilag, because one lecturer who had travelled abroad for the better part of the semester, suddenly realised that exams were at the door, and he hadn't taught us half of what was in the syllabus for the year. Dem no born you well, make you no show face for di class. sad It was a compulsory 4-unit course, and on top of that, he had a habit of arranging impromptu tests, in order to set a trap for students who failed to show up. undecided

Lol... Could be, there may be a exceptions but I'm yet to meet them.
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 31, 2018
GentlePEACE:
congrats on your distinction.
did you study in OAU before you find your way to USA?
I had to drop out of OAU, they wanted to kill us. But I can feed the richest Professors generations now! Thats the spirit!
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by adelawn: 10:57pm On May 31, 2018
stemmez:
I had to drop out of OAU, they wanted to kill us. But I can feed the richest Professors generations now! Thats the spirit!
I thought as much, u are only begrudging the school, for the fact that u cannot cope in the school does not mean that u should be demeaning it glory. wishing best in ur endeavor.
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Nobody: 10:58pm On May 31, 2018
stemmez:

I'm scared for Nigerians. They are suffering and don't even know. They take pride in it and would call for your head if you dear challenge the root cause of their trouble. Why should a student defend a wonky system with his might? Should that be called patriotism or solidarity?

2 Likes

Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 31, 2018
adelawn:
I thought as much, u are only begrudging the school, for the fact that u cannot cope in the school does not mean that u should be demeaning it glory. wishing best in ur endeavor.
You have problems. Get out of Nigeria first and then would you sense your folly. I am a lady btw! Your OAU worth no shiiit! Trust me. Ibadan boi.

and I say, you Nigerians actually deserve the leaders you have.
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Nobody: 11:17pm On May 31, 2018
writerights:

I'm scared for Nigerians. They are suffering and don't even know. They take pride in it and would call for your head if you dear challenge the root cause of their trouble. Why should a student defend a wonky system with his might? Should that be called patriotism or solidarity?
Defending mediocrity! I have lost hope on that country!

1 Like

Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Teeboi56: 2:24am On Jun 01, 2018
Elouise:

Personally, I'd pick Unilag over my present school (UI). I just want to graduate from that school. I hate the school!
The school u hate is the best in Nigeria
Ul is only Nigeria university among top 1000 in the world
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Timagex(m): 3:17am On Jun 01, 2018
stemmez:

I don hang there grin
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by Lufthansa: 5:17am On Jun 01, 2018
State ur reasons for hating the school or reason? You should have declined ur admission. It's never too late, you can still back out.
Elouise post045501:

Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by GentlePEACE: 6:09am On Jun 01, 2018
stemmez:
that's beautiful.....i wish i have the opportunity you had. Though i will like to push for my Masters over there in US. Can you be of assistance with the admission process? What is required of me
Re: UNILAG: Worst University In Nigeria Based On Moral & Dressing? by emi14: 6:22am On Jun 01, 2018
egorov:

Don't mind the Guy, majority of those people badmouthing Unilag are unsuccessful applicants. Some have not even stepped a foot there. I spent 4yrs in unilag 07-11 and nothing corroborates the profanity being talked by the silly boy
Unilag grammar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

LIST OF TOP 10 MEDICAL COURSES IN NIGERIA AND THEIR RELEVANCE / David Imoh Umoette Flies SQUADRON FLIGHT 331 Of American Air Force. / ‘Same’ Things That Most People Don’t Know Are Actually Different

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.