Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,855 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User (1896 Views)

How Do I Reactivate My Glo Sim? / Night Browsing Not Working On My Glo Sim. / Unable To Make Calls On My Glo Line (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by Nobody: 3:47pm On May 31, 2018
lemme just go straight forward jare, because am burning with anger right now angry

i recently subscribed to the 100mb for #100,before i even get the #100 sef na issue angry i just download three songs worth 13mb altogether, the next thing i saw displaying on the top screen

Dear Customer, you just finished 70% of the volume allocated to you. Glo Unlimited.. You still have 29.0 Mb to enjoy

omg, how possible is that,note that i have already restricted background data of other app, i only left ucbrowser i used to download those song, i have also deactivated 'show image' on ucbrowser also.

within minutes i just noticed i used 100mb to download 4 song which altogether worth '16mb'

apart from the auto renew u will keep canceling but wont, the crappy, poor reception, they still come up with data zapping method to strip people off their hard earned money.

This is my last time using glo sim, i have even broke the rubbish self proclaimed grand master of data sim sef. angry sad angry angry

lalasticlala, seun what wrong with glo sad

2 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by Timileyin1234(m): 4:47pm On May 31, 2018
Glo is okay in data management. I’m using Iphone 7plus and it is glo that I’m using

Before using the glo line. I have used mtn and airtel

2 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by koxyz: 6:14pm On May 31, 2018
With my android phone,at times I use 100megabites for 10 day without restriction though I have been with Glo for over twelve years.
Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by uboma(m): 7:27pm On May 31, 2018
Timileyin1234:
Glo is okay in data management. I’m using Iphone 7plus and it is glo that I’m using

I agree.

Glo Data last longer than that of MTN.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by KlasysTech(m): 8:09pm On May 31, 2018
When it come to network that did not cheat in data, I think it's only Glo. Try other network to find out.

Glo may have network challenged or very slow in some area, or service fluctuation. But when it comes to data accuracy, you get what you subscribe for or more.

11 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by johnbuck81(m): 9:55pm On May 31, 2018
glo has forever been fair to me..both in data and calls..their data last longer than any other network..plus the glo network in my area is 5star.

GLO the grand master of data.

7 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by Lagbaja01(m): 10:17pm On May 31, 2018
I'm once core supporter of glo, but recently they have backsliden.....they are now the Ground Theft of Data.....their auto renewal is annoying and the mumu NCC are not doing anything about it....when one subscribes for 2gig @ N1000, 1.6gig is given with bonus of 400mb, before 10 days, the data has be miraculously exhusted and 400mb bonus becomes inaccessible

5 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by tuclap(m): 11:40pm On May 31, 2018
You are even lucky ooooo. Since last week thursday we dont have network in my town.

I went extra mile to even chat with them via twitter but they kept telling me "switch off your phone and ON it back". As if am the only one experiencing that.

The only annoyance i have is that i renewed my subscription that same thursday
Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by Nobody: 5:04am On Jun 01, 2018
Lagbaja01:
I'm once core supporter of glo, but recently the have backsliden.....they are now the Ground Theft of Data.....their auto renewal is annoying and the mumu NCC are not doing anything about it....when one subscribes for 2gig @ N1000, 1.6gig is given with bonus of 400mb, before 10 days, the data has be miraculously exhusted and 400mb bonus becomes unaccessible
As in I subscribed for data on Wednesday and saw 1.6GB of data instead of 2GB. I was shocked. But network is very good in my area compared to my former area.
Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by Nobody: 5:07am On Jun 01, 2018
tuclap:
You are even lucky ooooo. Since last week thursday we dont have network in my town.

I went extra mile to even chat with them via twitter but they kept telling me "switch off your phone and ON it back". As if am the only one experiencing that.

The only annoyance i have is that i renewed my subscription that same thursday
What town do you reside in? I was told that it's better to get their normal 3G simcards instead of that 4G simcard that can make one have a high BP at a very young age...

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by jidefrimi(m): 5:25am On Jun 01, 2018
maybe u are unknowingly sharing ur data with other users...
Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by ObservantFellow: 5:41am On Jun 01, 2018
While I agree that Glo can be frustrating, as my experience with them made me abandon the line, data theft isn't one of my issues with them. They seem more accurate than others

3 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by NaijaTechnician(m): 6:31am On Jun 01, 2018
RETIREDMUMU:

grin
Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by Aphrygian(m): 7:30am On Jun 01, 2018
ObservantFellow:
While I agree that Glo can be frustrating, as my experience with them made me abandon the line, data theft isn't one of my issues with them. They seem more accurate than others
oga that was then oooo, i used 6Gig last month without downloading anything meaningful.

3 Likes

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by tuclap(m): 4:18pm On Jun 01, 2018
dumo1:

What town do you reside in? I was told that it's better to get their normal 3G simcards instead of that 4G simcard that can make one have a high BP at a very young age...

i reside in Idah LGA of Kogi state and am using the normal 3G simcards.
Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by DeBrain045(m): 4:30pm On Jun 01, 2018
this op is even lucky his data worked my is not working no network coverage in enugu precisely I am telling you I can't even subscribe to a data plan because I know I won't use it even the data bonus I receive on loading an airtime is also useless it just expires

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by bongolistik(m): 5:04pm On Jun 01, 2018
Glo doesn't zap data and I believe they still have the best data burn rate.

Bros go and check what else is zapping your data cos it is definitely not Glo.

Or if you think your data is being zapped, then I implore you to use other networks and it is then you will quickly mend your broken glo SIM and start using Glo again.

If you talk of poor network in some locations I will agree.

My own biggest query for glo that has been disturbing for several months now is why Glo network all of a sudden stopped opening certain sites like Google Blogger Blogs on many browsers

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by ZesusHVWritter(m): 5:48pm On Jun 01, 2018
I have an over scratched card of glo that I have called glo's customer care over a dozen times to help resolved (bear in mind it takes their "I dont care" customer agents 30minutes and more to pick a call, e be like na only 5 people dey attend to nigerians as glo agents) over two months till date, the response is "call back in two hours time, we are upgrading our systems"..

Even google no dey take 3months to update their server wey dey carter for over a billion users.
Glo isnt only bad in data service these days again they have become worse than a dead goat. Now I know swear dey work.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by ryfoz(m): 11:49pm On Jun 01, 2018
DeBrain045:
this op is even lucky his data worked my is not working no network coverage in enugu precisely I am telling you I can't even subscribe to a data plan because I know I won't use it even the data bonus I receive on loading an airtime is also useless it just expires

Seriously OP is very lucky he can download with his data, my own dat I have never seem to get it to download ANYTHING nko, just works well for chats and Opera mini. Works like an "advanced 2G" for me but d network is set to 3G only. I just weak

But glo data lats me well sha without restricting anything in background, airtel is my backup plan though (their 3G works like 4G in my area ✔)

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by arnold123: 11:10pm On Jun 08, 2018
RETIREDMUMU:

does glo care??
Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by Nobody: 11:51am On Jun 09, 2018
arnold123:
does glo care??
They do when they loose customers to their competitors. If MTN reduces it data cost to say 4gig for N1,000, and the data burns slowly, Glo would respond immediately.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by arnold123: 1:56am On Jun 14, 2018
asuustrike2009:

They do when they loose customers to their competitors. If MTN reduces it data cost to say 4gig for N1,000, and the data burns slowly, Glo would respond immediately.
thats the damn truth!!
Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by temmylorlah(f): 5:06am On Jun 14, 2018
Timileyin1234:

Please which monthly plan do you subscribe to?
Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by Tarivanessa(f): 8:25am On Jun 14, 2018
i threw mine into the lagoon near bonny camp.

1 Like

Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by Timileyin1234(m): 9:53am On Jun 14, 2018
temmylorlah:
Please which monthly plan do you subscribe to?

When I have much to do online I subscribe 7.2gig for #2500. I usually share my friends from that 7.2 gig. but when I don’t, I do subscribe #1000 for 2gig
Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by Simeony007(m): 12:42pm On Jun 14, 2018
Data management no dey work well on Android versions 5.1 downward but the new ones handles management of data well. If you use data management on 5.1, playstore will still update itself and won't inform you of it.

I hate glo network too but when it comes to managing data glo it complete.

Finally, Glo Slow! grin
Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by Nobody: 1:25pm On Jun 14, 2018
Glo data burn rate is fairly ok. Compared to MTN and Airtel. The only problem is that its very slow but I can manage it �
Re: Why I Broke My Glo Sim - A Frustrated User by temmylorlah(f): 8:34pm On Jun 14, 2018
Timileyin1234:

When I have much to do online I subscribe 7.2gig for #2500. I usually share my friends from that 7.2 gig. but when I don’t, I do subscribe #1000 for 2gig
Thank You so much�

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

This App Enhances Your Pictures Even If You Use A 5mp Camera Phone / “otg” What It Means And Functions / Why Are Xaomi Phones Cheap Compare To Other Brands

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.