Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,716 members, 7,824,028 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (130470 Views)

Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? / UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by SHIIITHOLE: 2:24pm On Mar 16, 2021
[s]
sharone21:

Na today u know say BLACK has shades of color?.....You no know say Ghanaians are usually ebony color, not even because of their sun? That is one reason they are called black ( shining) stars of Ghana( lol)
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 9:40pm On Mar 16, 2021
Monthly, your landlord in Cameroon will bring the electricity bill, CONFIRM by checking it too, give him the money and he could give receipts always or at times.

Eneo light calculation (for 1 month for a tenant who moved into a house in 15 December and started consuming electricity):
15 December to 15 January: 16KW: 16X 100= 1600frs

15 January to 15 February ( It rises to 35KW): 35-16KW( last bill)=19KW....19X 100= 1900frs

15 February to 15 March( It rises to 39.5KW): 39.5-35 KW( last KW it rose to)=4.5KW...4.5X100= 450frs

* Always note the KW it ROSE last to, eg in March, it is 39.5 KW. If by April 15, one sees 49.5KW, it means 10 KW and April 15th's bill will be: 10KW X100= 1000 frs

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nicoswit(m): 10:44pm On Mar 16, 2021
sharone21:
Monthly, your landlord in Cameroon will bring the electricity bill, CONFIRM by checking it too, give him the money and he could give receipts always or at times.

Eneo light calculation (for 1 month for a tenant who moved into a house in 15 December and started consuming electricity):
15 December to 15 January: 16KW: 16X 100= 1600frs

15 January to 15 February ( It rises to 35KW): 35-16KW( last bill)=19KW....19X 100= 1900frs

15 February to 15 March( It rises to 39.5KW): 39.5-35 KW( last KW it rose to)=4.5KW...4.5X100= 450frs

* Always note the KW it ROSE last to, eg in March, it is 39.5 KW. If by April 15, one sees 49.5KW, it means 10 KW and April 15th's bill will be: 10KW X100= 1000 frs
Miss, what do you think about starting a thread on cameroun?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 11:03pm On Mar 16, 2021
Nicoswit:

Miss, what do you think about starting a thread on cameroun?

No time, just contributing my own quota. I don't know who will assist with this that lives in Cameroon as well.

Cameroon is NOT America ooo, it is similar aesthetically to Nigeria, however it has more liberal policies and one that u can maneuver your way through.

One can start from Bafoussam, get id then explore FOUMBOT, DSCHANG( Foumbot and Dschang have cheaper houses or similar house rent with Bafoussam ) and DOUALA. Yaounde is where seat of government is and many embassies.

Population of Cameroon is just 25 million and Nigeria is 200 million. If more level headed, hard working and positively ambitious Nigerians enter, I see no problem with it. Just know that Cameroonians cherish and LOVE us and even if the 2 governments are playing BOSSES and do not mingle much, we the PEOPLE can mingle and do much more with ourselves.

*Try to enter with INVITATION( printed out with: NAME OF HOST, LOCATION, TELEPHONE NO OF HOST): from family, church/conference, institutions.

* Bafoussam is a small town GEOGRAPHICALLY not NUMERICALLY.

* Hopefully as more Nigerians enter Cameroon, they will be able to share their own experience/s from personal & business angles.

* I deliberately excluded Yaoundé when recommending places to stay in because it is expensive, both in terms of rent and not much of affordable food/stuff to buy. I hear there are some affordable places in Yaoundé too, just ask a good house agent.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nicoswit(m): 11:20pm On Mar 16, 2021
sharone21:

No time, just contributing my own quota. I don't know who will assist with this that lives in Cameroon as well.

Cameroon is NOT America ooo, it is similar aesthetically to Nigeria, however it has more liberal policies and one that u can maneuver your way through.

One can start from Bafoussam, get id then explore FOUMBOT and DOUALA. Yaounde is where seat of government is and many embassies.

Population of Cameroon is just 25 million and Nigeria is 200 million. If more level headed, hard working and positively ambitious Nigerians enter, I see no problem with it. Just know that Cameroonians cherish and LOVE us and even if the 2 governments are playing BOSSES and do not mingle much, we the PEOPLE can mingle and do much more with ourselves.
Alright....what about security in cameroun?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 11:40pm On Mar 16, 2021
Nicoswit:

Alright....what about security in cameroun?

BETTER than Naija's....Cameroonians shake their heads when they read some stories about Nigeria's security issues on the internet.

It doesn't mean u should let your guards down or travel at nights ( for those that like such).

* P.S: Presently the rains have started in Cameroon ( & BAFOUSSAM).

Presently temperature is: Lagos: 25, Dschang: 19, Bafoussam: 17, Ndu, Santa, Kumbo( all in NW):12 degrees Celsius.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nicoswit(m): 12:03am On Mar 17, 2021
sharone21:

BETTER than Naija's....Cameroonians shake their heads when they read some stories about Nigeria's security issues on the internet.

It doesn't mean u should let your guards down or travel at nights ( for those that like such).
* P.S: Presently the rains have started in Cameroon ( & BAFOUSSAM),
Alright...thanks

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Lookandlaugh: 3:32am On Mar 17, 2021
Thanks for taking your time to give out these informations.
In as much as you said that you are studying in Cameroon,you can as well be the eye of some Nigerians that wants to look into doing business with cameroonians,you will be paid for services rendered by you,it is a great opportunity for you.
You can act as the link between Nigerian business owner and a cameroonian business owner
For example,you talked about FMCG's (fast moving consumer products)Which are not readily available in Cameroon,which are manufactured and surplus in Nigeria.
You can act as a company representative over there,and help look for companies or individual business owners that are ready to buy some made in Nigeria products,you made mentioned in some of your write ups.
Our company is open for these and we can work with you.
Thanks in anticipation for your reply.
sharone21:

* P.S: Presently the rains have started in Cameroon ( & BAFOUSSAM),
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 12:07pm On Mar 17, 2021
Lookandlaugh:
Thanks for taking your time to give out these informations.
In as much as you said that you are studying in Cameroon,you can as well be the eye of some Nigerians that wants to look into doing business with cameroonians,you will be paid for services rendered by you,it is a great opportunity for you.
You can act as the link between Nigerian business owner and a cameroonian business owner
For example,you talked about FMCG's (fast moving consumer products)Which are not readily available in Cameroon,which are manufactured and surplus in Nigeria.
You can act as a company representative over there,and help look for companies or individual business owners that are ready to buy some made in Nigeria products,you made mentioned in some of your write ups.
Our company is open for these and we can work with you.
Thanks in anticipation for your reply.

It depends on what u are into. Cameroonians enter Nigeria to buy goods, but u can also look for ways to bring in your goods into Cameroon which is better. Or come set up cottage factories which mass produce and supply all over Cameroon. You will need to do some research to know how best to go about things however, if I SEE those here willing to buy stuffs and partner with Nigerians on trade/distribution I will inform in this forum. Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Lookandlaugh: 3:07am On Mar 18, 2021
Thanks for your response,we will do our research as you've mentioned in your message.
sharone21:

It depends on what u are into. Cameroonians enter Nigeria to buy goods, but u can also look for ways to bring in your goods into Cameroon which is better. Or come set up cottage factories which mass produce and supply all over Cameroon. You will need to do some research to know how best to go about things however, if I SEE those here willing to buy stuffs and partner with Nigerians on trade/distribution I will inform in this forum. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 5:14am On Mar 18, 2021
* If you need shop/house/1 hectare land to rent( 50,000 FRS per year) I can link you up. Also, cheap motel of 3000 frs(on arrival) as the Manager is not on Whatsapp ONLY phone calls) IN BAFOUSSAM.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Lookandlaugh: 2:26am On Mar 19, 2021
Thanks for your prompt response.
If you don't mind ma,can you suggest any other means to get in touch with you,except from this medium.
sharone21:

* There are those who move goods between Nigeria and Cameroon via boat and into towns( Ekok, Bafoussam etc) and charge you. Once u get accustomed to them, they even move it for u and once you get your goods u pay them( based on trust already established between the 2 of u, even if you weren't physically present during the transit of your goods from Ikom- Ekok etc routes). Moving goods by boat is more common. Their contact can be gotten from me anytime.

Also, people move goods via seaport.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 8:15am On Mar 19, 2021
Lookandlaugh:
Thanks for your prompt response.
If you don't mind ma,can you suggest any other means to get in touch with you,except from this medium.
Check out my Whatsapp number on my profile.
Cameroon needs Gala, Noodles, soft drinks. Our soft drinks of 50-100/150 naira is 400 -750 FRS here depending on Centilitres(35cl is 250 frs)

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Lookandlaugh: 2:55am On Mar 20, 2021
Thanks,I have seen it.
sharone21:

Cameroon needs Gala, Noodles, soft drinks. Our soft drinks of 50-100/150 naira is 400 -750 FRS here depending on Centilitres.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Starzo: 12:39pm On Mar 20, 2021
bedspread:
If u are privileged to visit some of these African Nations u will understand that Nigeria is cursed with Wicked and Wrong Leadership...

A Lot of these Nations Hv gone beyond Power issues... u hardly see power go off..

I hv visited Nairobi , Tazania and Ethiopia...

As Poor as Tazania is, You hardly see power Go off... I remember my first time der I traveled with a Torch light thinking it was Lagos, Nigeria... Only for my host to Laugh seriously at me.....

A visit to Zanzibar, Tazania and you will feel u re in the USA or Europe...

Great 5 star Hotels and very Affordable

I don dey reason tz matter
are you still there?

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Starzo: 12:49pm On Mar 20, 2021
AwolowoAssLicker:
Rwanda get fine girls with round a$$ cheesy
tell me more
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Zaksart: 4:41pm On Mar 20, 2021
sharone21:

Cameroon needs Gala, Noodles, soft drinks. Our soft drinks of 50-100/150 naira is 400 -750 FRS here depending on Centilitres.

So much opportunities in this Land... Can't wait to explore and invest.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 7:23pm On Mar 20, 2021
Zaksart:

I was discussing with my friends on Nigerians exploring Cameroon, even on the academic side and they told me Nigerians are WELCOMED.

P.S: They can't be the ones in majority entering and leaving Nigeria, Nigerians too need to explore their brother's land. Truth is, we need more anglophones( Nigerians) in francophone, peaceful areas so we can always feel at home with English language, anglophone education and culture. If u notice the Indians, Lebanese in Nigeria, they have certain places they dwell in and kind of form 'family- clusters'. Nigerians too can dwell in the West of Cameroon and also Douala.

***Avoid entering Bamenda on a Monday, it is a LOCKDOWN day. Note that our own side of the border is Ikom and Cameroon's side of the border is Ekok.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by yungchop: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2021
sharone21:

Can I start off with 300K Nigerian naira?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by yungchop: 2:18pm On Mar 23, 2021
Zaksart:

Let's rub minds.. Looking to invest too
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 5:21pm On Mar 23, 2021
yungchop:

Can I start off with 300K Nigerian naira?
Consider:
1) House rent here
2) Cost of living
3) Cost of shop rent ranges from 5,000 FRS to 35,000frs per month in Bafoussam based on structure, location. Marche A is more expensive. Marche B u can see not too well structured shops from 5,000 FRS. Other places in Bafoussam exists too eg Tamdja.
4) Cost of stocking your shop with goods

* Cotonou/Benin lacks ALL these stuffs I mentioned: gala, noodles, affordable drinks
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nobody: 4:39pm On Mar 24, 2021
Gatess:
Whatsapp group tins has eventually killed such an interesting thread. Its well. As for anyone that needs info about sierra leone, hit me up, have been living here for over a year and half. Was in liberia last year and should be there again by nxt month hopefully. Still has little info about guinea conakry

Man, is your mail still active?

I crave some info madly.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by highbeeola(m): 9:20am On Mar 26, 2021
Pls who has a sure link for driver that can bring me to accra via road by next month
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by yehmy(m): 9:12pm On Mar 30, 2021
sharone21:

Consider:
1) House rent here
2) Cost of living
3) Cost of shop rent ranges from 5,000 FRS to 35,000frs per month in Bafoussam based on structure, location. Marche A is more expensive. Marche B u can see not too well structured shops from 5,000 FRS. Other places in Bafoussam exists too eg Tamdja.
4) Cost of stocking your shop with goods

* Cotonou/Benin lacks ALL these stuffs I mentioned: gala, noodles, affordable drinks
How much do you think one will need to move over, cost of a room self-contain atleast and how easy is it to secure a job there?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 9:58pm On Mar 30, 2021
yehmy:
How much do you think one will need to move over, cost of a room self-contain atleast and how easy is it to secure a job there?

Cameroon is more of a business person/entrepreneur's/Work online co/Shop owner/farmer country. You can also come and further your education.
At Bafoussam, self contained is from 15,000frs, if you BARGAIN well u can get for a bit less but they might ask for 10-12 months rent. Dschang( almost an hour from Bafoussam, 500 FRS to go there, same with Foumbot): 10,000 FRS per month for self contained( a university town), Bandjoun (10mins drive from Ndiandam market)is 100-150frs( almost like u are still in Bafoussam) from Ndiandam part of Bafoussam and you can get self contained for similar amount with Dschang.

Main difference between Dschang and Bafoussam is that clothes and shoes may be costlier.
Check your transport cost, rent, cost of living, cost of owning a business( online/offline).

It gives u some privileges Nigeria will be struggling to give u including peace of mind and safety.
If I see job opportunities I can post in the Whatsapp group. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by okeyglm: 10:28pm On Mar 30, 2021
sharone21:

Cameroon is more of a business person/entrepreneur's/Work online co/Shop owner/farmer country. You can also come and further your education.
At Bafoussam, self contained is from 15,000frs, if you BARGAIN well u can get for a bit less but they might ask for 10-12 months rent.
Check your transport cost, rent, cost of living, cost of owning a business( online/offline).
It gives u some privileges Nigeria will be struggling to give u including peace of mind and safety.
how much is there tuition fees
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 10:33pm On Mar 30, 2021
okeyglm:
how much is there tuition fees

For this you communicate me personally introducing yourself FORMALLY.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by okeyglm: 10:34pm On Mar 30, 2021
sharone21:

For this you communicate me personally introducing yourself FORMALLY.
where can I do that
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Powersurge: 8:50am On Mar 31, 2021
FroshJaynex:
I love this topic because just yesterday I was thinking about the same thing, I got to Botswana and in just 6month am worth more than $54,000 at least for a very broke boy from the street of Lagos, hustle to hustle carry me enter, I beg my fellow Nigerians to leave and try move into these coded countries, that's what I call them and see how big Nigerians are living and enjoying life on a low key, Many of them calculate in dollars. One yahoo boy #5m hit is my own bills in a month outside, u see say things are not the same at all.

Are you still in Botswana? What do u do there? What would be thr cost of relocation?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 9:31am On Apr 03, 2021
Yellow fever card:
N2700 official rate. You get it@ Federal Ministry of Health between local & international airport in Lagos. Also, one can fill it online and go to their office to get it physically. In Ogun State, it is @ Federal Secretariat( Federal Ministry of Health) Oke Mosan. You are given polio in the mouth and yellow fever injection in the hand. Not for women who have given birth within 10years or are breastfeeding/nursing mothers. You must have eaten before taking the injection. Injection is a bit painful. Google and check its website

Money: Cent franc( San Fran) =100 FRS, Deux cent franc= 200, Cinquante( Sinkant) franc= 50 FRS, Vingt cinq franc=25frs, Cinq Cent franc= 500 FRS, Mille franc= 1000 franc, Deux mille franc= Two thousand FRS, Cinq Mille franc=Five thousand frs, Dix mille franc= Ten thousand FRS
*( 1= un, 2=deux( dough), 3= Trois( troa), 4= Quarter( kart), 5= Cinq( Sink), 6= Six, 7=Sept, 8= Huit( Wit), 9=Neuf( Nef), 10= Dix, 50= Cinquante( Sinkant)

Note that here 2 pin plugs unlike our 3 pin plugs are used. So, an 'adapter' will help ur 3 pin plugs adjust to theirs. For higher voltage appliances like iron, electric stove, it will be better to change the 3 pin plugs( cut off by electrician here) for their 2 pin plug( which the electrician here will fix for u).
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by zuzman(m): 12:36am On Apr 05, 2021
Sent u a mail Sir. Thanks as I await ur response
JWTheocracy1:
Just got to Cote d'ivoire 7 months ago... Already successful through Jah's help.
Till you move out from that contraption, then you will realize how much time you've wasted there.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by obichiddy(m): 11:47am On Apr 15, 2021
Good day everyone, pls I want to send someone in Sierra-Leone a supply (fabric) from Nigeria. Any idea of a way/company to do this through land?
Kindly help pls

Any contact pls.

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.