Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,189 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:54 AM

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries - Travel (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (129867 Views)

Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? / UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by piyoo91: 5:23am On Jul 19, 2020
Pls any nigerian here living in ethopia?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Bobby4345: 8:36am On Jul 19, 2020
sheepheart:
Anyone with the Mozambique experience?

With no invitation letter from Mozambique or proper tour plan with bookings. You will be repatriated.
Also Mozambique is pretty expensive and their official language is Portuguese.

Notwithstanding, I've seen a few Nigerians selling cosmetics in their local markets.

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sheepheart(f): 8:46am On Jul 19, 2020
Bobby4345:

With no invitation letter from Mozambique or proper tour plan with bookings. You will be repatriated.
Also Mozambique is pretty expensive and their official language is Portuguese.

Notwithstanding, I've seen a few Nigerians selling cosmetics in their local markets.
Nice. sounds like you're having a good time in there
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Awesomefoodie: 11:59pm On Nov 20, 2020
Pls which african country is best to hussle and make it with less stress and that one can easily travel from to the western world?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Cousin9999: 12:16am On Nov 21, 2020
Great thread!
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by kerny(f): 8:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
My goodness, this thread, didn’t even know I needed this awakening.
The adventure, experiences shared, knowledge gained, exposure mind blowing.
Feels like I have lost so much time gathering stones while there’s so, so, so much out there just waiting to be explored.

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 3:31am On Mar 08, 2021
You can upgrade your HND ( including RN/HND Nursing) to BSc just 1year( online/on campus).
If on campus, good opportunity to know and explore Cameroon.
Reach me for details.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Zaksart: 8:50am On Mar 10, 2021
sharone21:
You can upgrade your HND ( including RN/HND Nursing) to BSc just 1year( online/on campus).
If on campus, good opportunity to know and explore Cameroon.
Reach me for details.

What's the potential of making it with phone repairs and services. Meanwhile I'll love to know about cost of living and starting a business over there, the registration and all.

How costly is food and apartments too.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Zaksart: 9:03am On Mar 10, 2021
I followed the thread from last night till this morning... I am happy to have found it on the fourth page of the travel section after looking for one emekus adventure to abidjan thread. To be sincere life outside Nigeria is beautiful, and it comes with lot of business opportunities, but an average Nigeria want to go europe without any knowledge and mostly spend years in harsh weather conditions, racism and a whole lot of other problem.

I am working on phone repairs and services... Been thinking about going to an african country where i can maybe school, open a business and make money.

I have 4 country in my mind already, and will want those living there or with experience to explain about life in those countries, plus expenses, opportunity for skillful people.

Please anyone with more idea about Ivorycoast, Rwanda, Cameroon and Liberia.

Liberia is on the list because its currency is 2x to Nigeria and they spend dollar in their economy, you rent house, playbills and do lot of things with dollar... Meaning it's a goldmine for skillful peeps.

And to finalise it all... How to reach the above country through land... I know you can get to Abidjan from maza maza in Lagos and from there go to Liberia but what about going to Liberia now that Ivory coast is on lockdown... Any other alternative routes.

Big Love to the Creator of this group and Bigger Love to all the contributors. One ❤️.

5 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 1:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
Zaksart:

What's the potential of making it with phone repairs and services. Meanwhile I'll love to know about cost of living and starting a business over there, the registration and all.

How costly is food and apartments too.

Cameroon is almost half of Nigeria geographically and just 26+ million people.

You can add PC repairs to it, load our Naija music, film, comedy including gospel stuffs which they LOVE ( charge for this) and maybe one corner is for photocopying and if possible photography ( offering beautiful backgrounds) for customers.

Cameroon lacks basic good restaurants like ours - rice, jollof, fried rice, bread & beans, moi moi, asun/pepper soup, our soups with EBA etc ALSO, what guys do in Nigeria in making: buns, puff puff( in Cameroon, no difference in buns( with or without egg) & puff puff as theirs is like in between), meat pie, fish roll. Drinks are more expensive, no zobo drinks but you can see the leaves. Big pots here but cooking nothing of note( lol). They have groundnut soup, Ndole, banga soup( by SW here). They eat little pepper here, more of GINGER and GARLIC. If you have interest in opening restaurant in Cameroon, don't put toouch pepper in the food.

Cameroon lacks enough yams ( yam farms or whoever is able to bring it over is in money). Truth is most of its soil doesn't support yam farming apart from Eastern region( eg Bertoua) but rice is affordable. Cameroon has not so polished local rice and the best in CEMAC region.. Infact buying rice, soya beans( sweeter), groundnut( sweeter), beans ( beans color are: purple, black, white and brown, brown beans is scarce in Francophone areas) are better/cheaper bought in milk cups or plastic transparent cups than bags and all these are sold in massive bags. Cameroonians are good farmers, food is cheaper. Palm oil( sweeter with native taste) buy in 50cl for 300frsis better than buying 1.5L for 1000 frs.

Taxi /bike business too may not be bad. Obey traffic rules though in Cameroon, they drive as rough as us.

Vulcanizers are scarce, those who can attach pumping machines to wells are scarce.

EVERYTHING you want from Nigeria and you can't get it, Cameroon gives to you provided you can pay for it- automatic admissions( same education standard with Nigeria), almost 24/7 light( 1-5mins of light may be taken, once in a while from 1-3 hrs+ no light, possibly due to maintenance- this may be 3ce in a year).
Douala( Lagos), Yaounde( Abuja), Bafoussam( Ogun State) ....Douala and Bafoussam are recommended though house rent is cheapest in Bafoussam. 1 room and parlour in Douala ( with everything inside) is 35,000-50,000frs depending on location, aesthetics.

Rent generally is usually 10 months, if you bargain WELL, maybe 6 months and at other times 1year, then you pay 1-6 months( depending on landlord) thereafter. At Foumbot, u can get 6months rent. It is not up to 1 hr drive from Bafoussam. Generally, rent depends on the landlord and it can even be from 1-6 months initially.

Cameroon is BILINGUAL and more suitable for a Nigerian family man whose kids will be in school than Benin/Cotonou. * Benin/Cotonou is like safest country in Africa.

Get your electric meter for 4000-5000frs, remove anytime you are leaving.

When you are in Cameroon: Residence permit(120000-150000 FRS/2 years)...you can choose to get a studemt RP for 50,000frs+( lasts for 2 years)

Ask around for shop and other regulations surrounding it to start a business. As long as you get your id card, dey do your business. Stay out of crime and trouble. So far, Nigerians are living with good name here. Limit how you enter the anglophone end till the crisis is over ( ie after getting in) so you are not exploited financially by Control/Customs.

Some Nigerians are quietly enjoying their lives here, some since 10-20 years now. Some, since the 1960s and have no plans of going back to Naija except on visit.

Change money with Nigerians here especially Igbo traders - via cash or bank transfer( USSD code, web). Make sure MTN is what your account in Nigeria is attached to, to avoid stories that touch, come with ATM card also( in case).
Weather cold in Bafoussam ooo- people wear hoods, gloves, sweaters, jackets, socks to work, school or to sleep at home. Outside may deceitfully be sunny, enter inside and you go hear am- no need for fans and ac.

You can get motel here for like 3000 FRS@ Bafoussam per night. Interstate journeys eg Bafoussam to Douala( almost 6hrs) 3000 FRS, Bafoussam to Yaounde( almost 7hrs is 3500 FRS cheaper than amounts for same distance in Nigeria. Many interstate buses/cars in Bafoussam. Bamenda ( stay in city areas and respect Monday curfews)has same rent price like Bafoussam but a more decent environment. To shop in Bamenda, u need to go to the market or shops that u identify that can give u a good bargain unlike BAFOUSSAM that things almost everywhere is affordable( not really talking about all hotels too)...

Self contained is 15,000 FRS in Bafoussam, Douala 30,000frs, Yaounde from 35,000 -45,000frs.

Enter Cameroon via land or air( no Visa is required but passport + Yellow fever card will be stamped on arrival at airports in ( Douala- u can change money at airports, Yaounde). To enter Bafoussam is via land/water as your money can afford from Ikom to Bamenda or through Taraba( by water), Adamawa( by land)....Adamawa & Taraba are far cheaper in cost than Ikom route. Or by air through Douala airport then take plane again to Bafoussam OR on arrival @ Douala airport and drive back to Bafoussam.

Culturally, we too respect in Nigeria, if dey no greet you here don't take offense, no beating of kids police can even be called. We greet pass dem but sabi crime & fraud pass dem. They can call people loving names like Mum, Mama, Grand pere, Ma Loveline( ie Madam Loveline). They are friendly and through this friendship you can gain a lot, they don't live large like Nigerians so don't be too flamboyant. People from Ikom, the efiks, Ibibios, Taraba, Adamawa share similar cultures.

They love Nigerians and see us as brothers without competition. It is like another Nigeria aesthetically. Their major roads are more tarred than inner roads/streets ( in Bafoussam). When you enter, you go first adjust psychologically later, you may see more opportunities and even introduce businesses we take for granted in Nigeria because of it being too common. When you balance in Cameroon, you may not want to return to Naija bevause it is more peaceful and safer than Naija. Their ports are more liberal than ours.

Networks( you need id card for this to register. So for a start roam with Nigeria's mtn, and can get a friend ti register for you with his name, your best bet is with Nexttel or Orange since Mtn is usually used by them)...Mtn- Popular with anglophones( free fbk, money transfer within Cameroon and CEMAC ( like ECOWAS) countries); Mtn has free night Mtn to Mtn calls and 200 FRS for 2gb night plan, Orange( popular with Francophones), Nexttel- I love this 3g network Good for RESEARCH. Night plans:3gb is 150 FRS, 5gb is 250 FRS. 100 FRS for Whatsapp etc( daytime) for 30 days, some free/cheap texting& calling.

One can school and work if serious and industrious if u can afford fees, fees are cheaper than in Ghana.

*Nigerians know LITTLE of our brother/kinsmen Cameroonians but go dey rush go Ghana wen go dey slam una with big fines to do business. But be cool headed here biko na beg I BEG.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 2:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
Pope Bisong who took over the management of an apple plantation created in 1990 in a locality in Cameroon and with his wide knowledge in vegetative propagation said " Cameroon soil is perfect for apple production and together we can change the name pomme de France to pomme de Cameroun". He is calling on Cameroonians to venture into it's cultivation in hectares to meet national demand and to create more jobs for youths. Interested persons can call or Whatsapp him only through +237671689523 or popebisong@gmail.com. His new generation agriculture team can work anywhere in Cameroon and beyond.
They are able to provide apple seedlings that produce between 1 year to 3 years maximum.
* Western region: Bafoussam( not a big town & old town), Dschang( where popular French university, Dschang is), Foumbot- smaller than Bafoussam and neater) are all apple zones and I think the cold NW region.
Nigerians with good entrepreneurial spirit can buy seedlings and plant in areas in Nigeria that apples can grow OR, come plant in Cameroon and export to Nigeria etc. I don't think ECOWAS/Nigeria will oppose this. They have sea port etc to export these.

4 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Smartlife(m): 8:13am On Mar 14, 2021
sharone21:

Cameroon is almost half of Nigeria geographically and just 25 million people.

You can add PC repairs to it and maybe one corner is for photocopying and if possible photography ( offering beautiful backgrounds) for customers.

Cameroon lacks basic good restaurants like ours - rice, jollof, fried rice, bread & beans, moi moi, asun/pepper soup, our soups with EBA etc ALSO, what guys do in Nigeria in making: buns, puff puff( in Cameroon, no difference in buns( with or without egg) & puff puff as theirs is like in between), meat pie, fish roll. Drinks are more expensive, no zobo drinks but you can see the leaves. Big pots here but cooking nothing of note( lol).

Cameroon lacks yams ( yam farms or whoever is able to bring it over is in money) but rice is affordable. Cameroon has not so polished local rice and the best in CEMAC region.. Infact buying rice, soya beans, beans are better/cheaper bought in milk cups or plastic transparent cups than bags and all these are sold in massive bags. Cameroon's are good farmers, food is cheaper. Palm oil buy in 50cl for 300frsis better than buying 1.5L for 1000 frs.
Taxi /bike too may not be bad. Vulcanizers are scarce, those who can attach pumping machines to wells are scarce.
EVERYTHING you want from Nigeria and you can't get it, Cameroon gives to you provided you can pay for it- automatic admissions( same education standard with Nigeria), almost 24/7 light( 1-5mins of light may be taken, once in a while from 1-3 hrs+ no light, possibly due to maintenance- this may be 3ce in a year).
Douala( Lagos), Yaounde( Abuja), Bafoussam( Ogun State) ....Douala and Bafoussam is recommended though house rent is cheapest in Bafoussam. Rent generally is usually 10 months, if you bargain WELL, maybe 6 months and at other times 1year, then you pay 1-3 months thereafter. Cameroon is BILINGUAL and more suitable for a Nigerian family man whose kids will be in school than Benin/Cotonou.
When you are in Cameroon, mix with native( FRIENDLY), get your ID CARD ( very important than even Residence permit that always exposes you as a foreigner, when you ENTER, you yourself will see the many usefulness of this powerful id card which you do once, may not be more than 45000 frs witj 10 years lifespan and renewable at cheap/free) through them( tip them), ask around for shop and other regulations surrounding it. So far you get id card, dey do your business. Stay out of crime and trouble, so far Nigerians are living with good name here. Limit how you enter the anglophone end till the crisis is over ( ie after getting in) so you are not exploited financially by Control/Customs. Some Nigerians are quietly enjoying their lives here, some since 10-20 years now.
Change money with Nigerians here especially Igbo traders here- via cash or bank transfer( USSD code, web). Make sure MTN is what your account in Nigeria is attached to, to avoid stories that touch, come with ATM card also( in case).
Whether cold in Bafoussam ooo- people wear hoods, gloves, sweaters, socks to work, school or to sleep at home. Outside may deceitfully be sunny, enter inside and you go hear am- no need for fans and ac. You can get motel here for like 3000 FRS per night. Interstate journeys eg Bafoussam to Douala( almost 6hrs) 3000 FRS, Bafoussam to Yaounde( almost 7hrs is 3500 FRS cheaper than amounts for same distance in Nigeria.
Self contained is 15,000 FRS in Bafoussam, Douala 30,000frs, Yaounde from 30,000 -40000frs.
Enter Cameroon via land or air( no Visa is required but passport will be stamped on arrival at airport in Douala, Yaounde). To enter Bafoussam is via land from Ikom to Bamenda or through Taraba or by air through Douala airport then take plan again to Bafoussam OR on arrival @ Douala drive back to Bafoussam
Culturally, we too respect in Nigeria, if dey no greet you here don't take offense, no beating of kids police can even be called, they are friendly and through this friendship you can gain a lot, they don't live large like Nigerians so don't be too flamboyant. People from Ikom, the efiks, Ibibios, Taraba, Adamawa share similar cultures. They love Nigerians and see us as brothers without competition. It is like another Nigeria aesthetically. Their major roads are more tarred than inner roads/streets ( in Bafoussam). When you enter, you go first adjust psychologically later, you may see more opportunities and even introduce businesses we take for granted in Nigeria because of it being too common. When you balance in Cameroon, you may not want to return to Naija. Their ports are more liberal than ours.

Networks( you need id card for this to register. So for a start roam with Nigeria's mtn, and can get a friend ti register for you with his name, your best bet is with Nexttel or Orange since Mtn is usually used by them)...Mtn( free fbk, money transfer within Cameroon and CEMAC ( like ECOWAS) countries), Orange, Nexttel- I love this 3g network Good for research. Note plans:3gb is 150 FRS, 5gb is 250 FRS. 100 FRS for Whatsapp etc( day) for 30 days, some free/cheap texting& calling.

One can school and work if serious and industrious if u can afford fees but cheaper than in Ghana. Nigerians know LITTLE of our brother/kinsmen Cameroonians but go dey rush go Ghana wen go dey slam una with big fines to do business. But be cool headed here biko na beg I BEG.
Make I rest, I don try.
My Whatsapp is there and if my allowance allows me after doing school matter, I will be able to reply via Whatsapp( using only Nexttel for now).

You did not talk about their babes�

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by yunqdady: 11:21am On Mar 14, 2021
Cousin9999:
Great thread!
Pan-African racist
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by yunqdady: 11:29am On Mar 14, 2021
Smartlife:

You are not a serious entity
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 1:05pm On Mar 14, 2021
Smartlife:

Smartlife:

Make babe dey talk about babe abi?(lol).

Babessad Sincerely)- Have BIGGER bums than Nigerians( even bigger than that of Yoruba babes( lol))....., skin color like ours,... are more hairy even on faces( you have more ladies here with signs of beards)......for classy babes, it depends on the babe and your choice....VERY FRIENDLY too......

Anyway, stay tuned I will drop some more info on Cameroon. Na place Nigerians go like because they are 1) Welcoming with similar culture 2) EVERYTHING you no fit access in Nigeria just hold your money u go get am( be it Cameroonian, Nigerian, Ghanaian, Lebanese, Chinese etc)....including 24/7 light to reduce cost of production/amt to run business is easy here. Even self, one can just bring along our affordable electric burner( but minimize how you put on light especially @ night, rechargeable torch dey) instead of buying their gas cylinder ( small but not too small size) for 20000-22000frs& refill with 2000frs) which saves u stress to carrying it. If u use 7.5- 15 watts, is 15X 100=,Pay 1500frs ( includes charging phones, pc etc) but for family it will be more. You buy YOUR OWN meter 4000frs...8000frs( preferable by landlords). Bill can be 750-1500frs if u use electric stove and MANAGE well your electricity as an individual with electric stove. Always CONFIRM your light & water bills from landlord. Some houses have wells if u don't want water that u pay for( so u buy or take from neighbor's tap connected to government's source/school( if a student) especially in uplands/cold areas with CLEAN water eg Bafoussam.

Their babes /guys are just like us. They are not BLACK like Ghanaians. Dem be our BELOVED brothers & sisters that we neglect come dey go embrace Ghanaians that slam us with charges on shops, schools etc.

They have bilingual education: 6-5-2-3 system for anglophones & 6-4-3-3 system for francophones in Cameroon.

They have the Francophones( colonized by the French) and Anglophones colonized by British. English side believes in indirect rule. Francophones believe in assimilation, ' come and join us, be like us' mentality. And to me as far as the assimilation is NOT NEGATIVE, which one concern me, it is even better.

We have Hausa Cameroon with brothers in Nigeria and they are beautiful, good farmers and shoe makers.

People live longer in the colder, upland regions like NW, W. You go see people like 100-115 years here. Some still walking unaided. The President is in his late 80s and lost his sister of 100+ last year.... His Cameroonian wife is beautiful, younger, cha cha/'white' with ' blonde hair'( lol). Actually, this beautiful woman is in her early 50s and of mixed parentage ( white, French dad and Cameroonian mum).

Just as Nigeria is like leader in ECOWAS,,Cameroon is leader in CEMAC.

There is nothing like boko haram destroying many farms or killing on highways. Their combat ready army has restricted them to particular areas. Crime dey here but not as notorious as Nigeria's.

ECOBANK Cameroon, UBA Cameroon are good banks but have nothing in common with its counterpart banks in Nigeria, also Mtn Cameroon. All of these are in fbk and u can reach them there if u have issues. U can reach NEXTTEL too.

Bafoussam:,At Sens Interdit( pronounced as SENSA INTERDI) where Nigerian Igbo guys trade spare parts & can exchange money for u is a big market and you can buy already registered MTN, NEXTTEL, ORANGE for 600frs( including 250frs data then from it, buy data *157#). With Mtn, u can do free fbk( www.free.Facebook.com....if u click on HOME and go under, u will see FREE BASICS: Click on this to see bing, nairaland, weather report etc) and free nairaland- good for students.
Later, when u have your Id card u can go change the name on it . Marche A is a big market too and one side of it is where u find ECOBANK, the other side is where u find Express Exchange ( to transfer WU and MG to USA, African countries but NOT Nigeria because of our government's policy, transfer Mtn momo within Cameroon and in CEMAC region....MANY exchange companies like this and can also change dollars NOT naira), this road leads to Ndiamdam smaller market( bought 216 small purple pear ie ube for 300 FRS) which is 15mins drive, then the T- Junction end which leads to where u have banks like: Afriland bank, Banque Atlantique and SCB Cameroun bank, these banks are in Sens Interdit and the Igbo guys are INSIDE from where u see Hotel Du Centre.To send money via Western Union globally from Cameroon has commission of 2.35%, far better than that of Nigeria's 8-9% when our government was still allowing WU, MG transfers.

Marche B(5 mins drive from Marche A) also a big market. Igbos are here too.

The biggest markets (& affordable )in Bafoussam( just like our Lagos Island) is @ Marche A and Sens Interdit. Biko, wear sunshade when walking here if not, u go shop till u drop( lol). Shoes and clothes ( fairly used) are affordable. Socks:100-250frs, also gloves( fairly used/new one). If u need to buy drugs, enter the market close to Ecobank at Marche A, there u will even see drug importers so u can buy cheaper drugs, those in medical/nursing school easily buy their gloves& equipment here. Don't buy from pharmacies, they are more expensive. If u know a particular drug, u can hold the packet along. At Sens Interdit too u can see retail drugs being sold. Bamenda markets@ city places( Main market, Nkwen market, Food market).Bamenda is slightly warmer than Bafoussam.

* BARGAIN well before paying for goods & services.

* Get INVITATION LETTER even if it is CORRESPONDENCE( even via Whatsapp etc) from church, school, motel, family/friend( include phone numbers and NAME) etc

*On arrival and u don't have access to where to buy already registered SIM CARD, plead with DRIVER of your vehicle ( even from onset of the journey) to help u call your host then, see how you move to meet your host OR he comes to pick u.

*Snow has fallen @ Santa in Cameroon, few years ago.

I will post few more again, shortly. Don't mind my errors, I dey rush.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 3:58pm On Mar 14, 2021
Cameroon's motto is: Peace Work Fatherland and its flag is GREEN RED YELLOW (,with yellow etoile/star on the red part). It has 10 regions-2 for anglophones ( NW&SW), 8 for francophones.
Western region is where Bafoussam, Dschang and Foumbot are- steepy, hard, hilly, red mud ground especially but Foumbot comes with sandy soil.
Littoral region( Douala), Centre region( Yaounde) etc.
Educationally, Cameroon has 8 government and 260+ private institutions and LOVE school like Nigerians.
HND is 3 years( compulsory government set final examination in year 3)+1 year top up BSc. Admission in private is usually automatic. Nursing- Provided your 5 papers has Biology, Medical Laboratory, Dentistry, Physiotherapy, Biomedical science- provided you have Biology & Chemistry. WAEC is usually accepted( might consider NECO too). HND& BSc usually practiced in private institutions but the government ones is straight course but competitive to enter. Legally, they have government set exams to admit those who want to do Diploma in Nursing( usually 1 session) and they can later read up to have HND/BSc if they are ambitious. ALL private institutions are under government ones to issue certificates while HND is issued by government after passing the final year 3 HND examination set by government. Even if your institution is a polytechnic or university or Higher institute( ie the named the institutions appear as), no name will be on HND, na only government certificate with its stamp u go see.
There are professional regulatory bodies for Nursing, MLS, Dentistry etc and you join without bottlenecks.
You must read to pass because carry overs come with a price eg 2000frs per carry over.... HND final exam has English for francophones and French for anglophones and that section, you ought to score 8/20.
In the Western region particularly Bafoussam, we have the Bamilekes, who are business minded like the Igbos, great farmers and industrious but u no go see money for their body even if their accounts are fat.
People use a lot of Mtn momo instead of banks( follow safety precautions) since banks have minimum balance of 3000-25000 frs. ECOBANK Cameroon has SWAG student account with minimum balance of 1,000 frs .
Politically, the present government has been existing since the 80s and seem to be favoring more of the Francophones, so the anglophones that have oil want their own country. Their Customs do a lot of search when coming in from Ikom because they suspect some Nigerians are helping in such fight. Cameroonian army is strong and it is alleged that they involve mercenaries from Chad. The army bosses are well paid and comfortable, so nothing like coup even for dream( lol).
The present government seems to be attracting the anglophones with somethings eg anglophones no dey pay light bill for long and government no bother dem etc.
Generally people don't care if Daddy, Papa, Grand Pere as they lovingly call him is still in power because 1) Most of the youths were born in his reign and know no other leader 2)Business climate is liberal with good seaport. 3) You have access easily to things and any bottlenecks can be removed if u have some dough.
The Cameroon/Central African cfa( XAF) is slightly higher than Benin's/West African( XOF) eg N1000=1200 Cameroon FRS, while Benin's might be N1000= 1,100 FRS.
Cameroon currency comes in coins(25,50,100, 500frs) and notes( 500,1000,2000,5000,10000)... No fear of carrying bulk money because of the 10,000 note currency.
The Nigerians here especially the Igbos, their wives also help in running their business so they are not into commercial cooking here.
Businesses are welcome here even cottage factories and I will list some business that will sell well here. Government no care here, just try to abide with any rule governing that industry and settle them wen necessary. Your coming is providing direct & indirect jobs and making the people's shops and houses which they built( Bamilekes have many houses/shops built for commercial reasons) to be inhabited.
Stay tuned for the last part on businesses to open here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by felixzo1(m): 4:58pm On Mar 14, 2021
sharone21:
Cameroon's motto is: Peace Work Fatherland and its flag is GREEN RED YELLOW (,with yellow etoile/star on the red part). It has 10 regions-2 for anglophones ( NW&SW), 8 for francophones.
Western region is where Bafoussam, Dschang and Foumbot are- steepy, hard, hilly, red mud ground especially but Foumbot comes with sandy soil.
Littoral region( Douala), Centre region( Yaounde) etc.
Educationally, Cameroon has 8 government and 260+ private institutions and LOVE school like Nigerians.
HND is 3 years( compulsory government set final examination in year 3)+1 year top up BSc. Admission in private is usually automatic. Nursing- Provided your 5 papers has Biology, Medical Laboratory, Dentistry, Physiotherapy, Biomedical science- provided you have Biology & Chemistry. WAEC is usually accepted( might consider NECO too). HND& BSc usually practiced in private institutions but the government ones is straight course but competitive to enter. Legally, they have government set exams to admit those who want to do Diploma in Nursing( usually 1 session) and they can later read up to have HND/BSc if they are ambitious. ALL private institutions are under government ones to issue certificates while HND is issued by government after passing the final year 3 HND examination set by government. Even if your institution is a polytechnic or university or Higher institute( ie the named the institutions appear as), no name will be on HND, na only government certificate with its stamp u go see.
There are professional regulatory bodies for Nursing, MLS, Dentistry etc and you join without bottlenecks.
You must read to pass because carry overs come with a price eg 2000frs per carry over.... HND final exam has English for francophones and French for anglophones and that section, you ought to score 8/20.
In the Western region particularly Bafoussam, we have the Bamilekes, who are business minded like the Igbos, great farmers and industrious but u no go see money for their body even if their accounts are fat.
People use a lot of Mtn momo instead of banks( follow safety precautions) since banks have minimum balance of 3000-25000 frs. ECOBANK Cameroon has SWAG student account with minimum balance of 1,000 frs .
Politically, the present government has been existing since the 80s and seem to be favoring more of the Francophones, so the anglophones that have oil want their own country. Their Customs do a lot of search when coming in from Ikom because they suspect some Nigerians are helping in such fight. Cameroonian army is strong and it is alleged that they involve mercenaries from Chad. The army bosses are well paid and comfortable, so nothing like coup even for dream( lol).
The present government seems to be attracting the anglophones with somethings eg anglophones no dey pay light bill for long and government no bother dem etc.
Generally people don't care if Daddy, Papa, Grand Pere as they lovingly call him is still in power because 1) Most of the youths were born in his reign and know no other leader 2)Business climate is liberal with good seaport. 3) You have access easily to things and any bottlenecks can be removed if u have some dough.
The Cameroon/Central African cfa( XAF) is slightly higher than Benin's/West African( XOF) eg N1000=1200 Cameroon FRS, while Benin's might be N1000= 1,100 FRS.
Cameroon currency comes in coins(25,50,100, 500frs) and notes( 500,1000,2000,5000,10000)... No fear of carrying bulk money because of the 10,000 note currency.
The Nigerians here especially the Igbos, their wives also help in running their business so they are not into commercial cooking here.
Businesses are welcome here even cottage factories and I will list some business that will sell well here. Government no care here, just try to abide with any rule governing that industry and settle them wen necessary. Your coming is providing direct & indirect jobs and making the people's shops and houses which they built( Bamilekes have many houses/shops built for commercial reasons) to be inhabited.
Stay tuned for the last part on businesses to open here.
weldone. can you please elaborate on cottage industries that can be set up.what likely business opportunities apart from buying and selling. what is the situation with their livestock industry. ( birds, eggs, cattle pigs) do you think a change in government in future (by death or old age of current leader) will cause political instability?

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 7:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
Preamble: Access bank USSD *426# works faster without atm card( just still hold atm card) here then also GTB, WEMA. www.quickteller.com for bulk /heavy transfers( for interbank transfers in Nigeria, receives Western Union into your account too, u need ATM)..
Cheap items: Groundnut, soya beans, rice, beans, clove( good for TOOTH ACHES, chew), palm oil( fair price), pepper, tomatoes, salt, onions ( this is onion season: about 45 small pieces for 250 frs@ Sens Interdit), Cabbage( massively sold from 100-500frs), pear( ube) small types exist here and already boiled ones eg 15-20 for 100frs, and X2 in quantity for raw onese@ same 100 FRS, mango, carrot, banana( bunch of 100 small ones 800-1000frs), okro( fair price), French cassava long bread is 3 for 250 frs, garri( fair price), peas( massively abundant) 100frs for a GOOD portion, lemon is big and cheaper than lime: 9( with jars, 12 pieces) 250 FRS almost dey taste like orange sef. Fish is 10 medium ones for 900-1000frs( 1 kilogram), 5 for 450-500 FRS( 1/2 kilogram). BARGAIN EVERYTHING WELL here.

*Cameroon is suitable for self employment though has more job opportunities than Benin/Cotonou.

*For those with eye issues, Acha hospital is there even in Bafoussam for: eye surgeries, contact lens, more beautiful frames are here, thinning of thick lenses and u will think the person doesn't have eye problems. Glasses can be from 30000-90000 FRS or less depending on the hospital. General and other medical services here too.

* The 2 governments/governmental arms of Nigeria and Cameroon don't collaborate WELL as expected even as brothers.
*Passing HND final with flying colors attracts 50,000 FRS( with pc at times) from government. Also, successful researches that will aid Cameroon in anyway comes with at least 50,000 FRS motivation price.
* Cameroonians speak pidgin like us too.
* Nothing like political upheavals in the nearest future. International organizations+ USA's eyes are on the country, na ogboju sef the present government dey do, and it is getting away because France is allegedly backing it. Small wahala fit just hover small but not like the cases in the past that happened in Ivory Coast. Cameroon dey kampe.

Businesses:
Electrician( advertise yourself, be innovative, resourceful), DJ/MCs@ parties( advertise your skills, learn some French for MC/Comedian business @ events/parties), Game house to watch Premier league matches( sell drinks, zobo etc), Promote Cameroonian music/film/comedy in Naija even via the Internet, if Ghanaian stuffs are in Naija why can't that of our closest brothers be there+ globally?
Gala and indomie business is almost nonexistent( there are marcaroni and spaghetti).
Cottage industries: Dettol, roll on/deodorant, air fresheners( make them affordable).
Tooth paste production( tooth paste is expensive here), shoe/slippers, bags, yoghurt, ice cream with different flavors, soy drink, zobo drinks, lemon drinks.
To learn how to drive is 2-3 months here+ drivers license(10 years before it expires) total is from 70,000 -80,000FRS or above. If u already can drive then, negotiate with driving school for just license in case you want to go into taxi business. Inter country buses/vehicles between Nigeria and Cameroon is non- existent unlike in Naija where we have vehicles easily going from Nigeria to other West African countries, for this kind of business, GOOD interaction with the Ministry of transport is essential. Vulcanising business ( for tyres of cars, bicycles, bikes etc),
Food business/restaurants( litter it with our delicious fried rice, jollof rice, moi moi, asun/pepper soup, EBA with our soups), baking cakes( for weddings and birthdays), making meat pie, sausages roll etc. Ordinary bread + better beans+ stew( or ewa agoin) dem no get.

Yam farms, fish farming even from your house( catfish, fish, dry fish), snail, rabbits.Apple farms.
Meat processing: Pork, Minced meat, hot dog, 'fish finger'. They eat a lot of pigs , suya( pigs, chicken, beef, fish)+ roasted plantain here, but do other stuff they won't be able to compete with u.
Making of cream for people's skin to glow+ make up for parties, weddings.
Selling of affordable attachments, weavon, wigs.

* Compile and sell Past questions and answers for different courses of Government set HND final exam. Target and market these as soft and hard copies. Students can be motivated to buy from year 1 to start preparing properly ahead. If you like add GCE past questions and answers.

* Real estate/developers( for nearest future): Cameroon is just 25 million on almost half of Nigeria's geographical space meaning excess land..
Building shops and houses and letting them out.... Buying acres/ hectares of land and people buy plots from u, then build houses in the estate. You have a General C of O, but legally give them document to show they bought land in the estate. Not popular in Cameroon or in Benin/Cotonou as it is in Nigeria....Natives, Nigerians, other Africans, foreigners can buy land from that estate...
Real estate will blossom and more people enter Cameroon and as more people seek befitting personal houses for themselves. Developers will help develop fast a previously bushy location/place.

*Bathing soaps, bar soaps, liquid soaps, Detergents in more affordable sizes and packs.

*The Cameroon ID card gives you access to public health care etc.

* God BLESS Cameroon. Long life and more wisdom+ prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nicoswit(m): 8:18pm On Mar 14, 2021
sharone21 nice write up...sometimes back i encountered a thread on twitter where a guy complained about cameroon police that they also extort young good looking guys...is it true?

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by okeyglm: 9:00pm On Mar 14, 2021
sharone21:
Preamble: Access bank USSD *426# works faster without atm card( just still hold atm card) here then also GTB, WEMA. www.quickteller.com for bulk /heavy transfers( for interbank transfers in Nigeria, receives Western Union into your account too, u need ATM)..
Cheap items: Groundnut, soya beans, rice, beans, clove, palm oil( fair price), pepper, tomatoes, salt, pinion ( this is onion season: about 45 small pieces for 250 frs@ Sens Interdit), Cabbage( massively sold from 100-500frs), pear( ube) small types exist here and already booed ones eg 15-20 for 100frs, and X2 in quantity for raw onese@ same 100 FRS, mango, carrot, banana( bunch of 100 small ones 800-1000frs), okro( fair price), French cassava long bread is 3 for 250 frs, garri( fair price), peas( massively abundant) 100frs for a GOOD portion, lemon is big and cheaper than lime: 9( with jars, 12 pieces) 250 FRS almost dey taste like orange sef. Fish is 10 medium ones for 900frs( 1 kilogram), 5 for 450 FRS( 1/2 kilogram). Cameroon is suitable for self employment though has more job opportunities than Benin/Cotonou. For those with eye issues, Acha hospital is there even in Bafoussam for: eye surgeries, contact lens, more beautiful frames are here, thinning of thick lenses and u will think the person doesn't have eye problems. Glasses can be from 30000-90000 FRS.
* The 2 governments/governmental arms of Nigeria and Cameroon don't collaborate WELL as expected even as brothers.
*Passing HND final with flying colors attracts 50,000 FRS( with pc at times) from government. Also, successful researches that will aid Cameroon in anyway comes with at least 50,000 FRS motivation price.
* Nothing like political upheavals in the nearest future. International organizations+ USA's eyes are on the country, na ogboju sef the present government dey do, and it is getting away because France is allegedly backing it. Small wahala fit just hover small but t not like the cases in the past that happened in Ivory Coast. Cameroon dey kampe.

Businesses:
Electrician( advertise yourself, be innovative, resourceful), DJ/MCs@ parties( advertise your skills, learn some French for MC/Comedian business @ events/parties), Game house to watch Premier league matches( sell drinks, zobo etc), Promote Cameroonian music/film/comedy in Naija even via the Internet, if Ghanaian stuffs are in Naija why can't that of our closest brothers be there+ globally?
Gala and indomie business is almost nonexistent( there are marcaroni and spaghetti).
Dettol, roll on/deodorant, air fresheners( make them affordable).
Cottage factories: Tooth paste production( tooth paste is expensive here), shoe/slippers, bags, yoghurt, ice cream with different flavors, soy drink, zobo drinks, lemon drinks.
To learn how to drive is 3 months here+ drivers license total is 80,000 FRS. If u already can drive then, negotiate with driving school for just license in case you want to go into taxi business. Inter country buses/vehicles between Nigeria and Cameroon is non- existent unlike in Naija where we have vehicles easily going from Nigeria to other West African countries, for this kind of business, GOOD interaction with the Ministry of transport is essential. Vulcanising business ( for tyres of cars, bicycles, bikes etc),
Food business/restaurants( litter it with our delicious fried rice, jollof rice, moi moi, asun/pepper soup, EBA with our soups), baking cakes( for weddings and birthdays), making meat pie, sausages roll.
Yam farms, fish farming even from your house( catfish, fish, dry fish), snail, rabbits.
Meat processing: Pork, Minced meat, hot dog, 'fish finger'. They eat a lot of pigs here, but do other stuff they won't be able to compete with u.

* God BLESS Cameroon. Long life and more wisdom+ prosperity.
what is the exchange rate frs to naira
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by dont1950(m): 11:41pm On Mar 14, 2021
Please add on me on WhatsApp no...08163495857
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 1:48am On Mar 15, 2021
okeyglm:

what is the exchange rate frs to naira

3-4 cfa to 1 naira in Goodluck's time. 1.6-1.75cfa as of early last year. 1.2 cfa to N1 presently.
500- almost 600cfa( it fluctuates)= $1
As oil prices improves + Covid disappears and global markets get healthier, its exchange value will improve ie naira to cfa.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 2:03am On Mar 15, 2021
Nicoswit:
sharone21 nice write up...sometimes back i encountered a thread on twitter where a guy complained about cameroon police that they also extort young good looking guys...is it true?

Corruption dey here WELL OOOO, however their Police is still more decent & professional than ours.
Come and contribute positively here and be BLESSED in return and no Papa or Police go get your time.

Hold your RP especially when entering the anglophone sides. If no RP card yet, on arrival stay WITHIN Anglophone areas. Douala or Bafoussam ( any u choose) etc, mind your business and if u must do inter city travel and no RP, pay customs/control.

Many of them come to Nigeria to study too. A man told me his mum graduated as a lawyer from a university in the East...she returned after many years in Nigeria, became a judge /those who helped to build Cameroon's English law system.

Enter 1st and ASSIMILATE biko.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nicoswit(m): 10:46am On Mar 15, 2021
sharone21:

Corruption dey here WELL OOOO, however their Police is still more decent & professional than ours.
Come and contribute positively here and be BLESSED in return and no Papa or Police go get your time.
Avoid the anglophone sides even when u get your id card. If no id card yet, on arrival stay WITHIN Douala or Bafoussam ( any u choose), mind your business.
The id card is already like u are a citizen ( not even permanent resident) that is why it is POWERFUL.
On arrival, you go understand why this id card powerful and why some Nigerians here, u must beg them before they go back to Nigeria. People dey even prefer to fly in & out due to the crisis at Bamenda which is closer to Bafoussam( 2.5 hrs drive maximum)... Make I no talk too much why Nigerians here no wan leave here....Enter 1st and ASSIMILATE biko.
Alright
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Dubaiguy: 11:10am On Mar 15, 2021
Cool thread
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by SHIIITHOLE: 6:10pm On Mar 15, 2021
Ghanaians are black, and Nigerians are white?

sharone21:

Make babe dey talk about babe abi?(lol). Anyway, stay tuned I will drop some more info on Cameroon. Na place Nigerians go like because they are 1) Welcoming with similar culture 2) EVERYTHING you no fit access in Nigeria just hold your money u go get am( be it Cameroonian, Nigerian, Ghanaian, Lebanese, Chinese etc)....including 24/7 light to reduce cost of production/amt to run business is easy here. Even self, one can just bring along our affordable electric burner( but minimize how you put on light especially @ night, rechargeable torch dey) instead of buying their gas cylinder ( small but not too small size) for 20000-22000frs& refill with 2000frs) which saves u stress to carrying it. If u use 15 watts, is 15X 100=,Pay 1500frs ( includes charging phones, pc etc) but for family it will be more. You buy YOUR OWN meter 4000-5000frs.

Their babes /guys are just like us. They are not black like Ghanaians. Dem be our BELOVED brothers & sisters that we neglect come dey go embrace Ghanaians that slam us with charges on shops, schools etc.

They have bilingual education: 6-5-2-3 system for anglophones & 6-4-3-3 system for francophones in Cameroon.

They have the Francophones( colonized by the French) and Anglophones colonized by British. English side believes in indirect rule. Francophones believe in assimilation, ' come and join us, be like us' mentality. And to me as far as the assimilation is NOT NEGATIVE, which one concern me, it is even better.

We have Hausa Cameroon with brothers in Nigeria and they are beautiful, good farmers and shoe makers.

People live longer in the colder, upland regions like NW, W. You go see people like 100-115 years here. Some still walking unaided. The President list his sister of 100+ last year.... His Cameroonian wife is beautiful, younger, cha cha/'white' with ' blonde hair'( lol)

Just as Nigeria is like leader in ECOWAS,,Cameroon is leader in CEMAC. CEMAC merged with Douala stock exchange to have a regional CEMAC stock exchange that sells government/s bonds and stocks( with your id card, u too can buy... So, u can partake in that of Nigeria's and Cameroon.).

There is nothing like boko haram destroying many farms or killing on highways. Their combat ready army has restricted them to particular areas. Crime dey here but not as notorious as Nigeria's.

ECOBANK Cameroon, UBA Cameroon are good banks but have nothing in common with its counterpart banks in Nigeria, also Mtn Cameroon. All of these are in fbk and u can reach them there if u have issues. U can reach NEXTTEL too.

Bafoussam:,At Sens Interdit, where Nigerian Igbo guys trade spare parts & can exchange money for u is a big market and you can buy already registered MTN, NEXTTEL, ORANGE for 600frs( including 250frs data then from it, buy data *157#). With Mtn, u can do free fbk and free nairaland- good for students.
Later, when u have your Id card u can go change the name on it . Marche A is a big market too and one side of it is where u find ECOBANK, the other side is where u find Express Exchange ( to transfer WU and MG to USA, African countries but NOT Nigeria because of our government's policy, transfer Mtn momo within Cameroon and in CEMAC region....MANY exchange companies like this and can also change dollars NOT naira), this road leads to Ndiamdam smaller market which is 15mins drive, then the T- Junction end which leads to where u have banks like: Afriland bank, Banque Atlantique and SCB Cameroun bank, these banks are in Sens Interdit and the Igbo guys are INSIDE from where u see Hotel Du Centre.To send money via Western Union globally from Cameroon has commission of 2.35%, far better than that of Nigeria's 8-9% when our government was still allowing WU, MG transfers.

Marche B(5 mins drive from Marche A) also a big market. Igbos are here too.

The biggest markets (& affordable )in Bafoussam( just like our Lagos Island) is @ Marche A and Sens Interdit. Biko, wear sunshade when walking here if not, u go shop till u drop( lol). Shoes and clothes ( fairly used) are affordable. Socks:100-250frs, also gloves( fairly used/new one). If u need to buy drugs, enter the market close to Ecobank at Marche A, there u will even see drug importers so u can buy cheaper drugs, those in medical/nursing school easily buy their gloves& equipment here. Don't buy from pharmacies, they are more expensive. If u know a particular drug, u can hold the packet along. At Sens Interdit too u can see retail drugs being sold.

*Snow has fallen @ Santa in Cameroon, few years ago.

I will post few more again, shortly. Don't mind my errors, I dey rush.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by SouthAmericalif: 9:46pm On Mar 15, 2021
sharone21:

Cameroon is almost half of Nigeria geographically and just 25 million people.

You can add PC repairs to it, load our Naija music, film, comedy including gospel stuffs which they LOVE ( charge for this) and maybe one corner is for photocopying and if possible photography ( offering beautiful backgrounds) for customers.

Cameroon lacks basic good restaurants like ours - rice, jollof, fried rice, bread & beans, moi moi, asun/pepper soup, our soups with EBA etc ALSO, what guys do in Nigeria in making: buns, puff puff( in Cameroon, no difference in buns( with or without egg) & puff puff as theirs is like in between), meat pie, fish roll. Drinks are more expensive, no zobo drinks but you can see the leaves. Big pots here but cooking nothing of note( lol). They have groundnut soup, Ndole, bangs soup( by SW here).

Cameroon lacks enough yams ( yam farms or whoever is able to bring it over is in money) but rice is affordable. Cameroon has not so polished local rice and the best in CEMAC region.. Infact buying rice, soya beans( sweeter), groundnut( sweeter), beans ( beans color are: purple, black, white and brown, brown beans is scarce in Francophone areas) are better/cheaper bought in milk cups or plastic transparent cups than bags and all these are sold in massive bags. Cameroon's are good farmers, food is cheaper. Palm oil( sweeter with native taste) buy in 50cl for 300frsis better than buying 1.5L for 1000 frs.
Taxi /bike too may not be bad. Vulcanizers are scarce, those who can attach pumping machines to wells are scarce.
Douala( Lagos), Yaounde( Abuja), Bafoussam( Ogun State) ....Douala and Bafoussam are recommended though house rent is cheapest in Bafoussam. Rent generally is usually 10 months, if you bargain WELL, maybe 6 months and at other times 1year, then you pay 1-3 months thereafter. At Foumbot, u can get 6months rent. It is not up to 1 hr drive from Bafoussam.
Cameroon is BILINGUAL and more suitable for a Nigerian family man whose kids will be in school than Benin/Cotonou. * Benin/Cotonou is like safest country in Africa.
When you are in Cameroon, mix with native( FRIENDLY) to get your ID CARD ( very important than even Residence permit(120000-150000 FRS/2 years) that always exposes you as a foreigner, when you ENTER, you yourself will see the many usefulness of this powerful id card which you do once, may not be more than 45000 frs with 10 years lifespan and renewable at cheap/free) through them( tip them), ask around for shop and other regulations surrounding it. So far you get id card, dey do your business. Stay out of crime and trouble. So far, Nigerians are living with good name here. Limit how you enter the anglophone end till the crisis is over ( ie after getting in) so you are not exploited financially by Control/Customs. Some Nigerians are quietly enjoying their lives here, some since 10-20 years now. Some, since the 60s and have no plans of going back to Naija except on visit.
Change money with Nigerians here especially Igbo traders here- via cash or bank transfer( USSD code, web). Make sure MTN is what your account in Nigeria is attached to, to avoid stories that touch, come with ATM card also( in case).
Weather cold in Bafoussam ooo- people wear hoods, gloves, sweaters, socks to work, school or to sleep at home. Outside may deceitfully be sunny, enter inside and you go hear am- no need for fans and ac. You can get motel here for like 3000 FRS@ Bafoussam per night. Interstate journeys eg Bafoussam to Douala( almost 6hrs) 3000 FRS, Bafoussam to Yaounde( almost 7hrs is 3500 FRS cheaper than amounts for same distance in Nigeria.
Self contained is 15,000 FRS in Bafoussam, Douala 30,000frs, Yaounde from 30,000 -40000frs.
Enter Cameroon via land or air( no Visa is required but passport + Yellow fever card will be stamped on arrival at airports in ( Douala- u can change money at airports, Yaounde). To enter Bafoussam is via land/water as your money can afford from Ikom to Bamenda or through Taraba( by water), Adamawa( by land)....Adamawa & Taraba are far cheaper in cost than Ikom route. Or by air through Douala airport then take plane again to Bafoussam OR on arrival @ Douala airport and drive back to Bafoussam
Culturally, we too respect in Nigeria, if dey no greet you here don't take offense, no beating of kids police can even be called. We greet pass dem but sabi crime & fraud pass dem. They can call people loving names like Mama, Grand pere, Ma Loveline( ie Madam Loveline). They are friendly and through this friendship you can gain a lot, they don't live large like Nigerians so don't be too flamboyant. People from Ikom, the efiks, Ibibios, Taraba, Adamawa share similar cultures. They love Nigerians and see us as brothers without competition. It is like another Nigeria aesthetically. Their major roads are more tarred than inner roads/streets ( in Bafoussam). When you enter, you go first adjust psychologically later, you may see more opportunities and even introduce businesses we take for granted in Nigeria because of it being too common. When you balance in Cameroon, you may not want to return to Naija. Their ports are more liberal than ours.

Networks( you need id card for this to register. So for a start roam with Nigeria's mtn, and can get a friend ti register for you with his name, your best bet is with Nexttel or Orange since Mtn is usually used by them)...Mtn- Popular with anglophones( free fbk, money transfer within Cameroon and CEMAC ( like ECOWAS) countries); Mtn has free night Mtn to Mtn calls and 200 FRS for 2gb night plan, Orange( popular with Francophones), Nexttel- I love this 3g network Good for research. Night plans:3gb is 150 FRS, 5gb is 250 FRS. 100 FRS for Whatsapp etc( day) for 30 days, some free/cheap texting& calling.

One can school and work if serious and industrious if u can afford fees but cheaper than in Ghana.
*Nigerians know LITTLE of our brother/kinsmen Cameroonians but go dey rush go Ghana wen go dey slam una with big fines to do business. But be cool headed here biko na beg I BEG.
Make I rest, I don try.
My Whatsapp is there and if my allowance allows me after doing school matter, I will be able to reply via Whatsapp( using only Nexttel for now).

*See Mtn Cameroon's message:,
New network customers will be able to benefit from the free Internet bonus. We will give a total of 1000 MB to the customer. The bonus will be given every month for 3 months according to the details below:

Month 1: 200MBb valid 48H
Month 2: 300 MB valid 48H
Month 3: 500 MB valid 48H
The customer must enter the balance verification code: 123 10 * 99 # to receive the bonus on his first day on the MTN network.
nice info
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 10:20pm On Mar 15, 2021
SHIIITHOLE:
Ghanaians are black, and Nigerians are white?

Na today u know say BLACK has shades of color?.....You no know say Ghanaians are usually ebony color, not even because of their sun? That is one reason they are called black ( shining) stars of Ghana( lol)
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by SouthAmericalif: 9:09am On Mar 16, 2021
sharone21:

Na today u know say BLACK has shades of color?.....You no know say Ghanaians are usually ebony color, not even because of their sun? That is one reason they are called black ( shining) stars of Ghana( lol)
nice

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by okeyglm: 9:39am On Mar 16, 2021
sharone21:

what is the best route to enter Cameroon by road

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sharone21(f): 1:47pm On Mar 16, 2021
okeyglm:
what is the best route to enter Cameroon by road

N108,000 to enter Cameroon: If from Lagos/Ogun State(3 days journey)eg 1-3 June:
Lagos/Ogun State to Ikom: N13,000+N6500 for very heavy load + N300( to cellotape round my load) using CROSS COUNTRY BUS( if u follow ABC, u will stop @ Calabar and take another vehicle to Ikom)..Crossing by boat ( since car is N35,000) is N15000 + N7500.....At Ekok: Transport is 10,000 cfa + Customs 60,000cfa( which you give through driver) to get to Bamenda( Ekok to Bamenda is about 5hrs(including time to come down, walk a bit and be checked+ luggage searched)....At Bamenda, pay 2000cfa transport + 1000 cfa for load+ 1000 cfa to 4 customs at each point ie 4000 cfa( total from Bamenda to Bafoussam 7000cfa). Give money to driver who gives 1000 cfa to 4 customs, meaning that you explain privately to driver that you don't have Id card.

Taraba( water), Adamawa( Land): Both routes are far cheaper if u prefer going through the North. You can go with ABC bus to Abuja, sleep overnight at its terminal and continue to Taraba state.

* ENSURE you are with your face masks.

The main stress about Cameroon is ENTERING. Has cheaper houses than Ivory Coast.

Or FLY IN

*Update: Instead of paying N15,000+N7,500, some are now paying N8,000( highest 21,000 FRS) to cross by road ( Please, BARGAIN well). Always GREET the immigration guys and if u like dress corporate.

*Another route: From Itam park @ Uyo( Akwa Ibom State)> Ibaka>Idenau( border town in Cameroon)>Limbe>Douala>Bafoussam.....Best route through South......Same route back to Nigeria if coming from Cameroon

3 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? / My Sweet "Ivory Coast" Memories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 217
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.