Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,900 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries - Travel (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (130351 Views)

Nigerians In Other African Countries, How Is Life? / UAE Lifts Travel Restrictions On Nigeria, 11 Other African Countries / Derailer Thread: Meeting Point For Nigerians/Africans In Scandanavia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Ogborokiri(m): 1:20pm On May 19, 2020
Gatess:

sincerely the both have good biz opportunities but as 4me i prefer liberia. Sierra leoneans are born liars and thieves without conscience but if u learn to live with them, u have passed. Its quite peaceful though and virtually everythin here is imported and sold at high price. Their currency is poor but liberia is american dollar and liberty which is x2 of naira
can I have your contact on WhatsApp
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by erikcantona: 2:18pm On May 21, 2020
judecares1:
Drop ur number

pls add me :08037954238
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by kizonero(m): 3:23pm On May 28, 2020
lolz, wetin dey pursue you bro
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by kizonero(m): 3:29pm On May 28, 2020
please anybody with an idea of flight cost going to each of this east African countries. And what is the visa and accommodation like, for holiday people like me.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Jamal200: 6:55pm On May 30, 2020
please add me to this traveling groups +2348132580374
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by LazyFolk: 8:56am On Jun 19, 2020
Hey guys,
In August;
I’m planning to take a trip From Lagos to Abidjan, en route to Sénégal and then Cape Verde for a west African tour.
In Abidjan, I plan on spending 3-4 days in Abidjan, before moving to Sénégal with the same idea then Cape Verde.
My total budget so far for the trip is at 200K Naira. And the idea is to enter as much West African countries as I can (getting stamps) before I’m back.
Now my questions are:
1. I want to carry 100k cefa on my person from the 200k through the trip for miscellaneous (is that advisable) or should I leave all of it in the bank?
2. I plan on using Airbnb for my stay, is that okay or should I just go for a hotel?
3. Is there anyone planning on taking that route, we can go together?
4. Can I use an mtn sim from Nigeria throughout the trip(Abidjan and Dakar) or what do y’all think?
5. Lastly, is there anything I should know or any advice y’all can give me? I’ll be more than grateful.
I await your favorable response.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by tbag4110: 9:52am On Jun 19, 2020
I prefer mozambique coz frm dia u can get a sinfonia cruise ship to madagasca-mauritius seychelles and even direct to reunion island; By ship or boat Mozambique is the gateway to those island countries i just mentioned.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by LazyFolk: 12:34pm On Jun 19, 2020
kizonero:
please anybody with an idea of flight cost going to each of this east African countries. And what is the visa and accommodation like, for holiday people like me.
Hey brother, how fa do you still plan on touring or have you gone already?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Trippleblessing(f): 2:49pm On Jun 19, 2020
tbag4110:
I prefer mozambique coz frm dia u can get a sinfonia cruise ship to madagasca-mauritius seychelles and even direct to reunion island; By ship or boat Mozambique is the gateway to those island countries i just mentioned.

see better tour.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Investnow2017: 2:04am On Jun 20, 2020
JWTheocracy1:

I don't understand what you mean by "to make it in Nigeria" bro. People like you are those who believe that life is all about Money. Have you considered your health, the environment, your happiness and your safety ? That's what proves you're wise and want the best for yourself. This life is not all about Money.
That's why people like you have decided to be patriotic no matter how bad things have gone wrong in Nigeria as long as they are getting the money. You're still too far from reality of life.
I just stumbled on this thread now. Your moniker seems to give you away. Are you a brother? I am too. You pulled those your comments out of my mouth. Life is beyond money.
Please I await your response.

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by chnovpaul(m): 11:26pm On Jun 22, 2020
LazyFolk:
Hey guys,
In August;
I’m planning to take a trip From Lagos to Abidjan, en route to Sénégal and then Cape Verde for a west African tour.
In Abidjan, I plan on spending 3-4 days in Abidjan, before moving to Sénégal with the same idea then Cape Verde.
My total budget so far for the trip is at 200K Naira. And the idea is to enter as much West African countries as I can (getting stamps) before I’m back.
Now my questions are:
1. I want to carry 100k cefa on my person from the 200k through the trip for miscellaneous (is that advisable) or should I leave all of it in the bank?
2. I plan on using Airbnb for my stay, is that okay or should I just go for a hotel?
4. Can I use an mtn sim from Nigeria throughout the trip(Abidjan and Dakar) or what do y’all think?
5. Lastly, is there anything I should know or any advice y’all can give me? I’ll be more than grateful.

Hi,

Let me attempt to respond to your questions.

What you're planning to do is something I've always wanted to do for a while, but haven't gotten the balls to finally do it. Anyways, to the responses:

1. You'll be better off with your cash, although not too much. Nowhere is 100% safe, and you don't want to get stranded after being mugged. On the other hand, keeping your money in the bank has its hassles too, especially with regards to being able to withdraw across West Africa. I know Ecobank has several branches in the region, and it may be easier getting your money in many of these countries with their card.

2. I'd go for Airbnb every day and 17 times on Fridays. For me, I find it a lot more flexible than hotels. Also, it's a way to connect with locals wherever you go, and you may be able to get useful tips from the folks you stay with.

3. I don't know of anyone planning this. I'd love to, but haven't got the time right now.

4. If you're willing to bear roaming charges on your Nigerian MTN sim, then that's okay. You'll be able to use it. A cheaper option will be to buy local sim cards especially in places where you'll be staying for a while. To get a sim card, they'll request for a means of ID, usually your international passport. Once you are able to present that, you'll get your sim card. The only thing is that by the time you're done with your trip, your bag will probably be full of sim cards...lol

5. Advice? I'd say you should go for this. The experience you'll get will be one you'll never forget. It can be life changing. I once did a road trip from Rwanda through Uganda to Kenya and Tanzania, and then back to Rwanda. It was one hell of an experience.

I'm a little wary of your budget though. You mentioned you've got 200k for this trip...I'll suggest you review your budget again and be sure it'll take you the whole way and back. Last time I checked, there were no ferries running between Dakar and Praia (Cape Verde), and a flight might take a huge chunk out of your pocket. So, check again. You don't want to get stranded in a foreign land. But again, where's the fun in it if you don't get stranded...pun intended.

Plan well, go, have fun, and come share with us. Don't forget to send pictures grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Sss2: 1:14pm On Jun 23, 2020
You has been to Uganda, I will like someone to give more exciting experience they had.

I will like to know any cheapest flight someone can use to get there.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by LazyFolk: 1:36pm On Jun 23, 2020
chnovpaul:

Hi,

What you're planning to do is something I've always wanted to do for a while, but haven't gotten the balls to finally do it. Anyways, to the responses:

1. You'll be better off with your cash, although not too much. Nowhere is 100% safe, and you don't want to get stranded after being mugged. On the other hand, keeping your money in the bank has its hassles too, especially with regards to being able to withdraw across West Africa. I know Ecobank has several branches in the region, and it may be easier getting your money in many of these countries with their card.

2. I'd go for Airbnb every day and 17 times on Fridays. For me, I find it a lot more flexible than hotels. Also, it's a way to connect with locals wherever you go, and you may be able to get useful tips from the folks you stay with.

3. I don't know of anyone planning this. I'd love to, but haven't got the time right now.

4. If you're willing to bear roaming charges on your Nigerian MTN sim, then that's okay. You'll be able to use it. A cheaper option will be to buy local sim cards especially in places where you'll be staying for a while. To get a sim card, they'll request for a means of ID, usually your international passport. Once you are able to present that, you'll get your sim card. The only thing is that by the time you're done with your trip, your bag will probably be full of sim cards...lol

5. Advice? I'd say you should go for this. The experience you'll get will be one you'll never forget. It can be life changing. I once did a road trip from Rwanda through Uganda to Kenya and Tanzania, and then back to Rwanda. It was one hell of an experience.

I'm a little wary of your budget though. You mentioned you've got 200k for this trip...I'll suggest you review your budget again and be sure it'll take you the whole way and back. Last time I checked, there were no ferries running between Dakar and Praia (Cape Verde), and a flight might take a huge chunk out of your pocket. So, check again. You don't want to get stranded in a foreign land. But again, where's the fun in it if you don't get stranded...pun intended.

Plan well, go, have fun, and come share with us. Don't forget to send pictures grin grin grin

Thanks a whole lot for this piece brother, I’m deeply appreciative.
All you’ve said I will sure take into consideration and for sure I’ll try to get the best pictures.
And if you change your mind, the trip is still for august. Lol
Thanks Again.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 23, 2020
Sss2:
You has been to Uganda, I will like someone to give more exciting experience they had.

I will like to know any cheapest flight someone can use to get there.

Use me Kenya air.. Excellent and cheap too

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jun 23, 2020
LazyFolk:
Hey guys,
In August;
Now my questions are:

Hi I love your adventure. I personally will be going on a work trip(for my organization) to Ghana,Abidjan, Liberia and Senegal. Although mine will be first week of September.

200k will be okay if you are tight on your budget and u use their transportation system. In 2018 I made a trip like this(then unemployed)from Lagos to Cotonuo,Lome,Accra and Senegal and back lol. U won't believe I went with about 100k or less and I mist confess I had a great time. So I encourage you to take the trip coz it's part of exposure and enlightenment

2 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Stewart883(m): 2:57pm On Jun 23, 2020
Mandela27:
Walaii,after this lockdown,I'm finding my way out of Nigeria.
Before it will be late! cry

Hahahaha correct guy. The truth is that from there it's easier to move to Europe or Asia but my Naija brothers no Sabi. Na to go they queue up for embassy for Lagos!!

1 Like

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by LazyFolk: 4:41pm On Jun 23, 2020
GreenKalada:

Hi I love your adventure. I personally will be going on a work trip(for my organization) to Ghana,Abidjan, Liberia and Senegal. Although mine will be first week of September.

200k will be okay if you are tight on your budget and u use their transportation system. In 2018 I made a trip like this(then unemployed)from Lagos to Cotonuo,Lome,Accra and Senegal and back lol. U won't believe I went with about 100k or less and I mist confess I had a great time. So I encourage you to take the trip coz it's part of exposure and enlightenment
Haha thank you bro, this means a whole lot.
I would have loved if your field trip was in august lol then we for move together.

I’ll like to immerse myself in their culture even if it’s for a short while, my plan is to go forth and back in a maximum of 3 weeks and I’m looking at Cape Verde or Mauritius as the last stop before I return.
I’ll be sure to add to my budget so I don’t have unnecessary stories lol.
Mine is Lagos,Cotonou,Lomé,Accra then chill for a few days at Abidjan, then Liberia, Sierra Leone and chill at Sénégal.. then Gambia and maybe any of the islands.
So far I’ve been able to see a ride down to Abidjan but after that I’m not certain.
Any notable bus service? From Abidjan to Dakar?
I’ve never traveled by road for a long distance so a little comfort Will be good. Lol
I await you guy’s favorable response.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Ogborokiri(m): 2:15pm On Jun 24, 2020
chnovpaul:

Hi,

bro can I reach you via WhatsApp?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Ogborokiri(m): 2:23pm On Jun 24, 2020
my brothers in the house please help me out with an African country I can relocate to and start a new life your suggestions is appreciated
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by evergreen9: 2:28pm On Jun 24, 2020
Any Nigerian in Cotonou here?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by JustEdward(m): 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2020
Ogborokiri:
my brothers in the house please help me out with an African country I can relocate to and start a new life your suggestions is appreciated

South Africa
Namibia

That’s the best Africa country for now
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 28, 2020
JustEdward:

South Africa
Namibia

That’s the best Africa country for now

Not only those, it includes Abidjan,Rwanda, Ethiopia and Mozambique
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Sportwin(m): 2:52pm On Jun 30, 2020
Who has the legit whatsapp group link
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by JustEdward(m): 1:00am On Jul 01, 2020
Sportwin:
Who has the legit whatsapp group link

Join the WhatsApp link, Join the words and copy it and join ASAP

https :// chat.whatsapp. com/ DDm9DbJPR3P25h7UnEfLFO

3 Likes

Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by lordally(m): 9:07am On Jul 01, 2020
Stewart883:

Hahahaha correct guy. The truth is that from there it's easier to move to Europe or Asia but my Naija brothers no Sabi. Na to go they queue up for embassy for Lagos!!

Stewart883 abeg how possible is this abeg?? Omo USA been deny me Visa for Lagos last year December ....abeg how can I travel abroad via all this African country
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by yehmy(m): 3:18pm On Jul 09, 2020
Please anyone in Rwanda here?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Brock1: 6:39pm On Jul 09, 2020
yehmy:
Please anyone in Rwanda here?
what info do u want?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by yehmy(m): 6:50pm On Jul 09, 2020
Brock1:
what info do u want?
Generally about life in Rwanda, cost of living and job opportunities
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Brock1: 10:08pm On Jul 09, 2020
yehmy:
Generally about life in Rwanda, cost of living and job opportunities
has bet9ja paid, make I folo u too... No b only u wan japa oooo.
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by sheepheart(f): 2:43am On Jul 17, 2020
Anyone with the Mozambique experience?
Re: Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries by Gatess: 11:52am On Jul 18, 2020
+23280609684.... Sorry I didn't see this on time

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (Reply)

Dubai: No Police, No Military, No Media Just An Order (Photos) / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? / Lagosian Turns Keke Into Rover.... To Avoid Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.