Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,500 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 PM

ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy (33056 Views)

Temmie Ovwasa: YBNLPrincess Meets Olamide As They End Beef / Itel Mobile Unveils Olamide As Brand Ambassador / DJ Enimoney And Olamide As Kids (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by EmagNig(m): 7:52am On Jun 02, 2018
Legendary music producer, Olumide Ogunade, popularly known ID Cabasa, is a beat maker who brings his artistic value to both music production and business.

In this interview with Olaitan Ganiu he spoke on the origination of his record label Coded Tunes and how he discovered hip hop star Olamide.

Professionally, when did you start your career?

I started as a teenager way back in the late 80s. I was in the secondary school while also doing music by the side. But, professionally, it was around 2003 after I left the university. I worked in a corporate company for a while before I left to fully focus on music production.

Is that when you started Coded Tunes Record?

I started Coded Tunes production in my house in 2003. But before Coded Tunes, we had a clique called, The Smiling Head Soldier which was headed by 2phat. It comprises me, 2phat, Lord of Ajasa and MC Spako. And then, we used to have a lot of squads coming to make beat in my studio.

There was this massive squad called, Yabtown Squad which is where Reminisce originated from. It is a clique of both rappers and singers and some of them were my juniors in secondary school.

From there, we decided to gather momentum and create something larger than just being Smiling Head Soldier or Yabtown Squad. And obviously the name of the studio that unites us is Coded Tunes. So, that was how we started Coded Tunes.

You’ve been a blessing to many big stars of today. Do you receive accolades for this?

I will say I’m one of the few lucky ones that got the accolade that I deserve. In fact, I get more accolades than I think I deserve because all of those I’ve worked with till date are still much loyal to our friendship and some of them still mention my name in their interviews. Last year, 9ice titled his album after me. Olamide still doesn’t believe we are in a way apart.

He doesn’t see me as ID Cabasa who just produces beats for him but rather sees me as his father and always consults me at any of his projects. We still play and do things together. The same goes for Reminisce, Seriki and every other guy, even the ones that are not part of Coded Tunes family which I’ve worked with. They still appreciate me; the likes of Banky W, Ruggedman, Durella and co.

How did you discover Olamide?

Olamide came with a friend to record in my studio; a friend was featuring him. I fell in love with the young boy of 13 or 14 as he delivered his rap line. I could hear a depth that you won’t get from most of his age mates.

I was so impressed that I told him that he’s free to come to my studio at any time. He will come to the studio, then I will make beat while is writing his lyrics. From there, the interest to have him as part of Coded Tunes developed and the rest is history. By the time Coded Tunes transited to a proper recording label, Olamide was the first person signed alongside Seriki and Kayefi.

https://lailasnews.com/how-i-discovered-olamide-as-a-14-year-old-boy-id-cabasa/

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by OKorowanta: 8:20am On Jun 02, 2018
Love this.
Stand up for what you believe in.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by sehin79(m): 8:37am On Jun 02, 2018
waoh everybody as a story and process,believe in the process,stay with it and be hardworking you would get there.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Nobody: 8:40am On Jun 02, 2018
cheesy

why did you need to tell us you discovered a 14 years old olamide undecided

give and tell kind of man

who ask you undecided

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by muckross(m): 8:49am On Jun 02, 2018
undecided
Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by NwaAmaikpe: 1:00pm On Jun 02, 2018
shocked

Shut up ID Cabasa who asked you?
What have you made of yourself after your discoveries?
One can't help but notice that all your artistes are ganja addicts who don't reign beyond a fixed point no matter what.

It is also a shame that 9ice had to channel the proceeds of his last album to feed you.
Broke soul.

15 Likes 7 Shares

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Abatsam111(m): 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
"By the time Coded Tunes transited to a proper recording label" Shey una hear am? no be today transmitting and transmission things don start grin

Meanwhile, I am very broke right now and need money urgently, kindly contact me for any of these services:
* Article writing
* Blog design
* Logo design
* Fixing problems related to blogger platform
* Guest posting on blogs
* Facebook page/group management

You can call/whatsapp me via (070)64272729.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Abatsam111(m): 1:01pm On Jun 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Baba u no dey sleep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Naturallyme: 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
RETIREDMUMU:
cheesy

why did you need to tell us you discovered a 14 years old olamide undecided

give and tell kind of man

who ask you

who you ask

ask who you

you ask who undecided
ode, Mumu.ingrate spotted. People that cannot name one person they have helped in life. We have some of them in the industry that have not even discovered one person.

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Newpride(m): 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
Mtcchw.....
cool cool
Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by teekrackz(m): 1:02pm On Jun 02, 2018
Eni duro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Swiftlee(m): 1:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
See wahala grin, ..and now, ID Cabasa needs to be rediscovered by Olamide because dey guy done loss grin
Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Desdola(m): 1:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nice one
Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by stat(m): 1:03pm On Jun 02, 2018
Really Seriki and Olamide was signed together....chisos

2 Likes

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Akeos(m): 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
story for the gods
Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by front4line: 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

NwaAmaikpe, you have some senselessness to showcase concerning the Yorubas on this thread ?

Bloody sad boring Igbo bigot.

NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Shut up ID Cabasa.
Who asked you?
One can't help but notice that all your artistes are ganja addicts

It is also a shame that 9ice had to channel the proceeds of his last album to feed you.

Exactly ! What I expected from this Igbotic bigoted hatred filled soul from the yeast side.

What a boring sad rnoron.

63 Likes

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by freemanbubble: 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
ok
Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Alexcollins(m): 1:04pm On Jun 02, 2018
Id cabasa a First Class graduate of Accounting. His passion pave the way for him. follow what you believe. there lies true success.

12 Likes

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by BlackHatNaija: 1:06pm On Jun 02, 2018
Interesting read
Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by edeXede: 1:07pm On Jun 02, 2018
embarassed

Kk
They are all noise makers. Like attracts like. Noise maker attracts singers who are also noise maker.

Asa and Tuface still remain the only proper musician in Nigeria
Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by momodub: 1:08pm On Jun 02, 2018
Id cabasa finest then
Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Strikethem: 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2018
If nobody talks about you, then you are noboooody. In 2baba's voice.

1 Like

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Canme4u(m): 1:16pm On Jun 02, 2018
I d cabasa, lord of Ajasa....
Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by itiswellandwell: 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2018
Nice one
Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Abduljabba(m): 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

One can't help but notice that all your artistes are ganja addicts who don't reign beyond a fixed point no matter what.

9 Likes

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by biggy26: 1:21pm On Jun 02, 2018
So were does Toni Payne come in?
Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by olorunthobby(f): 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2018
So Lord of Ajasa is different from I.D Cabasa.. Wow! I never knew

1 Like

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Mossbury: 1:27pm On Jun 02, 2018

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by Greizman: 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Broke soul.
Ode... Who u sign?

21 Likes

Re: ID Cabasa: How I Discovered Olamide As A 14-Year-Old Boy by gameboyo: 1:31pm On Jun 02, 2018
edeXede:
embarassed

Kk
They are all noise makers. Like attracts like. Noise maker attracts singers who are also noise maker.

Asa and Tuface still remain the only proper musician in Nigeria
Dare art alade nko?
Nneka nko?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Toyin Abraham Hails Her Husband, Kolawole Ajeyemi For Their Sweet Marriage / Kiss Daniel Has A Crush On Temmie Ovwasa / Movie Director Taiwo Bello Is Dead - TB Joshua’s Nollywood Death Prophecy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.