Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,598 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF (18773 Views)

Christian Woman Trying To Cast & Bind A Traditionalist On A Busy Road / A Christian Woman Should Not Include Her Father's Name To Her Husband's Name / Is It Right For Non-muslims To Accept Food Used In Breaking The Ramadan Fasting? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:05am On Jun 03, 2018
bixton:

I can see a bastard , who is just not learned and not educated because he feels he can't use the dictionary or google to help his use of english.

I can also see a bastard who claims to know the Bible more when he does not truly understand english and its usage.

You clearly don't understand the Bible and clearly the simplest verses because you can't comprehend even the simplest forms of english usage.

Here i was thinking that christians are supposed to be loving and kind people who turn the other cheek.

I understand the book well. It was written by an assortment of goat herders in a desert so even children can understand it. Jesus was a bastard who is a result of divine rape of a 14-15 year old girl. I no be muslim before you call me paedophile
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Proudlyngwa(m): 9:16am On Jun 03, 2018
lovelygurl:

Man and woman were created in the image of God, but it's only when they marry they become godlike? This is paradox.

A marriage is a blessing from God to married couples, but if somehow they 'skipped' their blessings, let's ask science for help?

But if an unmarried lady decides to use that same science, it's wrong because it's just a blessing for couples? Well, obviously not or else she wouldn't be able to be carrying her blessing 9 months later.

Like I said Christianity has guidelines.
We should not because a lot of people have bastardised Christianity think wrong things are right.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Gerrard59(m): 9:17am On Jun 03, 2018
package7:
It is not right for unmarried woman to indulge in IVF, for crying out loud, this is just the same when a woman got pregnant without marry.

Tell that to Mary who got pregnant with Joseph's contribution.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Daboomb: 9:26am On Jun 03, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

I am not a muslim at all.Is it not the same bible that rewards rape? Deutonomy 22:28-29. So if you have a daughter....

If the Bible "rewards rape" (as you claim, then all Christians or majority of Christians would have been rapist by now or which Christian would not like to be rewarded by the Bible? You see yourself? undecided
Even 'if' you are not a Muslim, I did not know you are this IGNORANT!
shocked shocked

I love to help people reach an understanding that cures them of 'dangerous ignorance' but in your case, you have elevated it to an art and it will take more than an online re-orientation, to educate you on matters you know nothing about, yet crass-arrogantly speak-of!

So, you are not a Christian and neither are you a Muslim, right?
How then do l expect you to have the slimmest, foggiest idea of " Biblical spiritual things"?

Please, you can do better by quoting a Dictionary, at least then, all we have to battle-to-explain to you, will be the grammar and context of the quote.

That you quote one line in the Bible seems to delude you into the thinking that you "understand" the Bible, huh? shocked grin grin

Ability to READ, does not equate the Ability to COMPREHEND/UNDERSTAND, moreso that most thing sin the bible are written in "figures of speech" (Proverbial, oxymoronic, colloquialism, ironies, e.t.c).

Have a good day, my time is precious to me.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Daboomb: 9:30am On Jun 03, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Here i was thinking that christians are supposed to be loving and kind people who turn the other cheek.

I understand the book well. It was written by an assortment of goat herders in a desert so even children can understand it. Jesus was a bastard who is a result of divine rape of a 14-15 year old girl. I no be muslim before you call me paedophile

You are worse than a Paedophile.

There is a reason they say "IGNORANCE is a DISEASE".

You are just a lost, confused, ignorant, diseased goat. grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:32am On Jun 03, 2018
Daboomb:

If the Bible "rewards rape" (as you claim, then all Christians or majority of Christians would have been rapist by now or which Christian would not like to be rewarded by the Bible? You see yourself? undecided
Even 'if' you are not a Muslim, I did not know you are this IGNORANT!
shocked shocked

I love to help people reach an understanding that cures them of 'dangerous ignorance' but in your case, you have elevated it to an art and it will take more than an online re-orientation, to educate you on matters you know nothing about, yet crass-arrogantly speak-of!

So, you are not a Christian and neither are you a Muslim, right?
How then do l expect you to have the slimmest, foggiest idea of " Biblical spiritual things"?

Please, you can do better by quoting a Dictionary, at least then, all we have to battle-to-explain to you, will be the grammar and context of the quote.

That you quote one line in the Bible seems to delude you into the thinking that you "understand" the Bible, huh? shocked grin grin

Ability to READ, does not equate the Ability to COMPREHEND/UNDERSTAND, moreso that most thing sin the bible are written in "figures of speech" (Proverbial, oxymoronic, colloquialism, ironies, e.t.c).

Have a good day, my time is precious to me.
Christians aren't rapists because they have a better moral code than YHWH. And you are the ignorant one because I know bible pass you
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by RuthlessLeader(m): 9:34am On Jun 03, 2018
Daboomb:

You are worse than a Paedophile.

There is a reason they say "IGNORANCE is a DISEASE".

You are just a lost, confused, ignorant, diseased goat. grin grin grin
Your god and role model is a paedophilic murderer and sadist if you read your bible well
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Daboomb: 9:43am On Jun 03, 2018
lovelygurl:

I was tempted to stop reading at number 1, which is by the way such an insult to rape victims out there, but that's another topic for another day.
It's impossible for another person to heal your wounds. The only person capable of doing that is YOU. An "other person" might be able to help heal her wounds by supporting her etc., however the only person who is able to do healing itself, is her. Besides, this other person supporting her doesn't have to be a man. It could be her mum, sister, friend etc.

That a woman doesn't necessarily need a man to raise her kids has been proven times without number throughout history, starting from the women who had no other option than to do so during the wars, to the modern women today, who might for some reason be a single mum. Yet, they had been able to raise strong men and women, who were able to contribute positively to the society. But I'm guessing you're of the opinion, of them not being worth it because according to your bible, God forbid! Being raised by a single mum is by far one of the worst things that can happen to you! In fact, it is an "insult" to God, a slap in the face!

The fact that a woman is capable of choosing and saying yes to marriage, means she's also capable of saying "no". And the only people I expect to critize this and point hands and whine about hoq wrong this is, are those who have never sinned before and in fact aren't born sinners or living a sinful life!

Those who wouldn't survive something as little as an infection or malaria and therefore use science to prolong their lives. Those who I expect not to do a blood transfusion even if their lives depend on it. Those who do not support fornication and aren't into adultery.

That a child grew up "UNDER YOUR GUARDIANSHIP" even when you are one of the parent (mother), does not equate to RAISING A CHILD.

A child can "grow up under the guardianship" of anybody or even anything afterall, we occassionally see a "mad woman" under the bridge, with a child who is alive and eating, from day-to-day. I guess you would say "she is RAISING a child". undecided undecided grin

"Raising a child" implies supplying ALL the child needs, physically, mentally and most especially PSYCHOLOGICALLY, to result in a BALANCED and WELL ADJUSTED ADULT.

Most people., especially those that trump and parrot "single parenthood" (whether male of female) have no idea what they are saying, when they talk about 'raising a child".

Have you ever sat back and give a thought to a child from a supposedly "good home" who just turned out to be a serial killer?
Some of you need to read the "growing-up history" of some of these "unbalanced adults" to see the damage done to them, by their parental upbringing.
Then you would see and know the difference.
It is an indepth topic not suited for a 'light platform' like Nairaland.

Let us just leave it at that.
The best upbringing and way to raise a child is when both parents are there, together and funcionally active.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Evangkatsoulis: 9:47am On Jun 03, 2018
ednut1:
wat is marriage is not forthcoming as there are more gals dan guys

Actually, there are more guys than girls.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Daboomb: 9:47am On Jun 03, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Your god and role model is a paedophilic murderer and sadist if you read your bible well

Face your lane joor, you rotten mongrel.
Get something else to fill your empty, frustrated life.
tongue tongue
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Daboomb: 9:50am On Jun 03, 2018
ednut1:

wat is marriage is not forthcoming as there are more gals dan guys

Evangkatsoulis:

Actually, there are more guys than girls.

Instead of back-and-forth arguement, one of you should provide the "source" of their assertion, like Census figures.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by RuthlessLeader(m): 10:09am On Jun 03, 2018
Daboomb:

Face your lane joor, you rotten mongrel.
Get something else to fill your empty, frustrated life.
tongue tongue
Christianity: peace, loving and acceptance
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by bixton(m): 10:12am On Jun 03, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Nobody asked you what religion you belonged to and probably its just conviction catching up on you.

Like I said, you can't comprehend and also not understand simple english and usage.

It just shows in your post. I hope you can spot it out to make corrections.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Pataricatering(f): 12:07pm On Jun 03, 2018
dionysus7:
its probably against your bible ethics, but speaking of the bible, its not like you follow it verbatim... hell you can't follow it verbatim, hence you end up in jail. could it just be that anything unconventional, that happens to also bring joy and gratifications in this modern age gives you people heart aches or what? the bible gave out guidelines as to handling of slaves...SLAVES!! but in this age it is a crime to own a slave. if you're so concerned about the bible ethics, why not advocate for bringing back slavery and watch how you fare in prison, but no, it is the harmless, non violent culture of the modern era that is of utmost concern to you that you pillage the bible to condemn...could it just be that you guys are just too bitter to enjoy the good things of this world for the fear of hurting the feelings of some supposedly merciful guy all because we are using our brains to give ourselves a better life?
you see their problem is - because the Bible deprives them of everything that brings joy in this world - they want everybody else to be deprived as well ! The normal thing would have been to look the other way and know you will go to heaven and just be happy knowing all these other people will go to hell - that should he enough , right ? But no , deep down nobody is that sure of the heaven they brag about so they try their best to make every one else suffer the depravation their depraved holy book forces on them with the sorry excuse that they want everyone to make heaven ! Meanwhile the “ heaven “ that is so valuable to them they hawk it for free ! Ask the same person who is forcing heaven down your throat to give you money ( which to them is of the world and should hold no value ) - that’s the last you would see of the person ! Bitter , shriveled souls !
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Pataricatering(f): 12:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
dionysus7:
its probably against your bible ethics, but speaking of the bible, its not like you follow it verbatim... hell you can't follow it verbatim, hence you end up in jail. could it just be that anything unconventional, that happens to also bring joy and gratifications in this modern age gives you people heart aches or what? the bible gave out guidelines as to handling of slaves...SLAVES!! but in this age it is a crime to own a slave. if you're so concerned about the bible ethics, why not advocate for bringing back slavery and watch how you fare in prison, but no, it is the harmless, non violent culture of the modern era that is of utmost concern to you that you pillage the bible to condemn...could it just be that you guys are just too bitter to enjoy the good things of this world for the fear of hurting the feelings of some supposedly merciful guy all because we are using our brains to give ourselves a better life?
you see what their problem is - because the Bible deprives them of everything that brings joy in this world - they want everybody else to be deprived as well ! The normal thing would have been to look the other way and know you will go to heaven while all these other people will go to hell - that should be enough , right ? But no , deep down nobody is that sure of the heaven they brag about so they try their best to make every one else suffer the depravation their depraved holy book forces on them with the sorry excuse that they want everyone to make heaven ! Meanwhile the “ heaven “ that is so valuable to them they hawk it for free ! Ask the same person who is forcing heaven down your throat to give you money ( which to them is of the world and should hold no value ) - that’s the last you would see of the person ! Bitter , shriveled souls ! !
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by lookingfly: 12:41pm On Jun 03, 2018
xreal:
"Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF?"

Which kain question be this one now?

Una go just dey tempt God anyhow.

[img]https://media1./images/aea86dbb5b4b0b2dc629b1c6b5656f48/tenor.gif?itemid=4012112[/img]
it's not wrong at all...... I don't blame the women too. Christian husband to marry, them no see. The once from other religions they see to marry, you guys say it's a sin. If they decide to get pregnant randomly, you guys still castigate. Now ivf ,you people still say not acceptable........ Her time is running out(close to menopause), what do you want her to do? Same people telling her to do this or that are the once to badmouth her when she reaches menopause....... There is pretence in the present day church and it shouldn't be so.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by package7(m): 12:59pm On Jun 03, 2018
RuthlessLeader:

Jesus is a bastard just read your bible.
it very obvious that you are uncircumcised Muslim.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by anigold(m): 1:02pm On Jun 03, 2018
It's is very wrong for an unmarried Christian woman to get pregnant via IVF.. some Christians don't even understand their Christian values...
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by package7(m): 1:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
Gerrard59:

it obvious that you are uncircumcised fellow and pagan for that matter,must you bring mother of our Lord Jesus Christ into this. Show some respect. where is your moral upbringings. I presume you don't either.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jun 03, 2018
johnnyvid:
Is It Right For Unmarried Christian woman To Get Pregnant Through Artificial Insemination.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEIJW5jpULc

Yes, It is okay. It is not a sin.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by package7(m): 1:07pm On Jun 03, 2018
Gerrard59:

it obvious that you are uncircumcised fellow and pagan for that matter,must you bring mother of our Lord Jesus Christ into this. Show some respect. where is your moral upbringings. I presume you don't have either.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by package7(m): 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
lovelygurl:

So what's wrong with unmarried ladies getting pregnant
Are you one already?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Nobody: 1:08pm On Jun 03, 2018
package7:
it obvious that you are uncircumcised fellow and pagan for that matter,must you bring mother of our Lord Jesus Christ into this. Show some respect. where is your moral upbringings. I presume you don't either.

The european Mary got pregnant thru a form of artificial insemination grin.

u don't have to insult others who say so
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by package7(m): 1:15pm On Jun 03, 2018
lookingfly:
it's not wrong at all...... I don't blame the women too. Christian husband to marry, them no see. The once from other religions they see to marry, you guys say it's a sin. If they decide to get pregnant randomly, you guys still castigate. Now ivf ,you people still say not acceptable........ Her time is running out(close to menopause), what do you want her to do? Same people telling her to do this or that are the once to badmouth her when she reaches menopause....... There is pretence in the present day church and it shouldn't be so.
Thank God that is menopause not menostop...Jehovah Nisei, omnipresent, who can do all things is our God. So relax menh.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by package7(m): 1:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
PrecisionFx:

The european Mary got pregnant thru a form of artificial insemination grin.

u don't have to insult others who say so
Which Mary are you referring to any. Must you join those unrepentants fellow, May God have mercy on you.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Gerrard59(m): 1:25pm On Jun 03, 2018
package7:
it obvious that you are uncircumcised fellow and pagan for that matter,must you bring mother of our Lord Jesus Christ into this. Show some respect. where is your moral upbringings. I presume you don't have either.

You are a fvcktard!
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by package7(m): 1:30pm On Jun 03, 2018
Gerrard59:

You are a fvcktard!
So shall it be onto you my fellow brother.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Nobody: 1:36pm On Jun 03, 2018
package7:
Which Mary are you referring to any. Must you join those unrepentants fellow, May God have mercy on you.

Christianity is a European religion headquartered in Rome.

Judaism is a middle eastern religion headquartered in Israel.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 03, 2018
Daboomb:

And "Money-car" and "Husband killers" to that list of what is chasing even Men away from amrriage. grin grin

and YES, it is fundamentally wrong for a woman to INTENTIONALLY raise a child without a Father, just as it is for a man to "intentionally" raise one without a Mother!

What most of you dont know (and l am speaking generally for both Men and Women) is that Each Parent contributes a Unique and Specific quality to the nature and psychological balance of a growing child.

The woman maybe the best mother in the world, just as the Man may be the best father in the world but each can never provide what the other Parent is supposed to provide (not money or material things), to the complete, balanced, wellbeing of a growing child.

You need to look at statictics of Prisons to see what single parentage (mostly mothers), have done to the life of Youths (mostly Young men!)
If you have the time, just Google it and read it up.
It will open the eyes of those of you who think once l spoil my children with the best things of life, they dont need a father.

Gbam

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by ibinaboonline: 2:22pm On Jun 03, 2018
dionysus7:

lol wise one, I was going to explain to you in details what i meant then i got to where you said "Jesus encouraged slaves and slave masters on how to fare with each other does not mean He supported it." then i realized you have comprehension issues and I'd rather not waste my time with you. if advise you to read more of the bible but as you've demonstrated that you're incompetent on that front it's a kind of a tough one as i am inclined to believe you're not born a complete and utter waste of time. read more, read again, ask questions, then read again then come back and mention me again.
Empty vessels make the most noise. Just noise, you have no veritable argument except insults. Always the fallback for hungups.
Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Pataricatering(f): 2:31pm On Jun 03, 2018
peacengine:
For Catholics IVF is wrong whether married or single. The church states the following reasons
1) Such fertilization is contrary to the unity of marriage
2) Such fertilization is contrary to the dignity of the spouses since the sperm or egg may not come from them
3) Such fertilization is contrary to the proper vocation to parents in which they don't cooperate with God in the natural creation of human life
4) Such fertilization is contrary to child's right to be brought into the world in marriage and through marriage, deprived of maternal shelter and gestation
5) The sperm used is obtained through masturbation which is a sin
6) It does not fully respect human life since several human embryos are destroyed in the process or are indefinitely frozen for later implantation or used for further research
Argue with your ancestors
and you think a woman who wants kids would listen to the rubbish you typed here ?

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For Unmarried Christian Woman To Get Pregnant Through IVF by Niceiroko: 2:32pm On Jun 03, 2018
Notmyproblem:
If she bleeps and get pregnant the holier than thou will complain. If she does IVF una go still complain. Nigerians love putting their noses in someone's business and Nigerians are expert in telling someone how to live his/her life.

I tire for una!

marriage is for 2 and if a woman got pregnant because of situation its different when she has agreed to defile Gods lay down rule its a sin to do ivf .Marry and Joseph stayed till d end and there is no other example d originator of marriage gave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Morality And God's Plan: The Sinful Nature Of Homosexuality / Mbaka Denies Claim That He Prophesied That There Will Be Heavy Rain In Aso Rock / TB Joshua Spends £100,000 (N26m) To Send Nigerian Student To Oxford University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.