Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,757 members, 7,817,092 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:52 AM

You Must First Possess This Spirit Before Going Into A Relationship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Must First Possess This Spirit Before Going Into A Relationship (292 Views)

Please How Do I Get Rid Of This Spirit Disturbing Me / Sunday Morning Sex As Couple Before Going To Church. Is It A Sin? / Must One Be Filled With Holy Spirit, Before Understanding The Bible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Must First Possess This Spirit Before Going Into A Relationship by Interesting15: 7:03am On Jun 03, 2018
By Sunday Akanni Moshood

You must pray for and have God's Spirit of Discernment before starting the relationship game.......

There are different schools of thought in regards to who one can/should get married to. There is a school of thought that believe thus:

'Everything is probability. Just marry someone you come across and feel like getting married to. Then try to build your marriage by employing techniques to stick together as couples.'

Of course, I won't totally condemn this ideology. After all, many of our parents didn't pray before coming together (some were even matched together), but till today, they are still together with children and grandchildren.

Then, there is another ideology (especially amongst we Christians) that believes in something like this:

'If you are a born-again Christian, once you meet any brother/sister who is also a born-again Christian, both of you can get married.'

Of course, I see wisdom in this ideology too. After all, I also preach that once you have married someone, that person automatically becomes God's choice for you.

However, there is yet another ideology that got my attention. The ideology moves this way:

'There is a man/woman that God has destined for you to marry. That is to say, Brother John and Sister Esther might be born again, but both might not be destined to be husband and wife.'

Now, I'm going to share with you what made this ideology unique to me, and why I'm supporting this school of thought. I will use the family of Pastor Mike Bamiloye (Mount Zion) as a case-study.

But before then, let me draw your attention to what Adam said in Genesis 2:23 when he saw Eve:

"This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh..."

Meaning, there are some other bones that are not from me, and doesn't belongs to me. There are different flesh, but Eve is the flesh that belongs to me!

Let's go back to Pastor Mike Bamiloye of Mount Zion.

Whenever I read how this pastor began his ministry and how he attained his current position, I always ask myself this question: What would have happened to him if he didn't marry Mummy Gloria in particular?

Would he had gotten to the place he currently is if he had missed Mummy Gloria?

Wait, if Pastor Bamiloye has married just any sister, will that sister had played the role Mummy Gloria played in the shooting upwards of his drama ministry? I want us to know that one of the factors that led to his success was that Mummy Gloria was acting with him.

Again, if Pastor Bamiloye had married just any other sister, would that sister have patiently stood with him when he was still suffering? Because, Mummy Gloria suffered with him. When he was still nothing, she remained with him and kept supporting him.

This then is my conclusion: If Pastor Bamiloye had married just any sister, that other sister might play the role of a good wife quite all right, but his purpose in life (his ministry) might not have been as it currently is.

Then I concluded that Mummy Bamiloye was God's will for Him.

Don't forget that before he got married, he has various born-again sisters around him. But because of God's Spirit of Discernment, he knew Mummy Gloria was the bone of his bones and the flesh of his flesh.

For you and me, God has a particular brother/sister he doesn't want us to miss.

Please take note of these:

If we miss them and marry someone else, we might have a happy marriage quite all right (especially if the home is a true Christian Home), but the glory won't be as when we marry that particular person God wants for us.

So, brothers and sisters, we need the Spirit of Discernment to know who is God's Will for us in marriage. But before we start praying, let me tell you this:

The will of God can't be an unbeliever, a person living in sin who will take you away from God.

FIRST STEP

Take your life serious by becoming a born-again Christian. If you are yet to give your life to Jesus Christ, then do that now.Then, as a born again Christian, the will of God for your life should be found among the born-again brothers/sisters that surrounds you.

Just pray to God for discernment and commit all into His Able Hands, He will definitely take care of everything.

Please, don't approach marriage, sex and relationship the way unbelievers are doing today. God created all things, and His principles should be faithfully followed to experience a happy and fulfilled life. God bless you.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1633335566777702&id=100003038222908
Re: You Must First Possess This Spirit Before Going Into A Relationship by Interesting15: 7:15am On Jun 03, 2018
Cc OAM4J, lalasticlala
Re: You Must First Possess This Spirit Before Going Into A Relationship by Justnice11: 10:23am On Jun 03, 2018
Interesting15:
Cc OAM4J, lalasticlala

Amen!!!!!!

(1) (Reply)

Take My Life And Let It Be -hymn / Let God Set Your Agenda – Joyce Meyer / May The Rain Of Blessing Come Down On You And Your Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.