Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,696 members, 7,816,844 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year (22664 Views)

NRC To Start Trip On Aba-Port Harcourt, Lagos-Kano-Kaduna By Second Quarter / "Ebonyi International Airport To Be Completed In 2022" - Governor Umahi (photos) / Man Wears All His Clothes At The Airport To Avoid British Airways Luggage Fees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by package7(m): 12:17pm On Jun 04, 2018
I just hope the contractor do a good job with first class. I mean world class airport.
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by aribisala0(m): 12:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
A good strategic investment. What should follow is good traffi links too Delta,Edo and Ondo. I hope it also has cargo handling capacity
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by mknigeriagreat: 12:22pm On Jun 04, 2018
BedLam:
Have you been to that state before ? You should know the last thing they need is an airport when PH is 45 mins away. GTFO!

i should gtfo for airing my opinion? No problem. And which vehicle will you drive from rumokoro(which is the outskirt of ph) to yenegoa in 45 mins? Even ph to ahoada is over an hour. Do you know the number of IOCs and oil servicing coys in that place? Not all locations are offshore in bayelsa. If I tell you how much my company spend on security just to move staff from ph to our locations in bayelsa then you will understand one of the needs for that airport. I repeat again it is a good development for activities in that city.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by uzedo1(m): 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2018
initiate:
Second quarter of this year ends June 30.

On a try another one

Not half the year Bro, It's quarter. They are 3 quarters that make up the year.

1st Quarter is from Jan to April, so apparently 2nd Quarter is from May to August..
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by Mutemenot(m): 12:28pm On Jun 04, 2018
oil state building stores in the name of airport.. shameless fools everywhere
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by Lipso: 12:29pm On Jun 04, 2018
olaolaking:
I see it as a waste of money. The airport will be underutilised and get abandoned within a short period of time. It will decay away.
It is better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it. It'll be usefull someday.God bless Bayelsa State.
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by oluwaahmed: 12:34pm On Jun 04, 2018
initiate:

On a try another one

That's how bloggers spread fake news
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by Charly68: 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2018
futurism:
lol... Also include the bridge linking bayelsa and delta... Still no finished after severall years
shop and shop Govt ..Naija!
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by princessyere1(f): 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2018
bros it's not 45 minutes away, don't say what you don't know

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by linearity: 12:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
initiate:

On a try another one

To their credit, they didn’t mention 2018. They just said “second quarter of the year”....which year?

So, it could be second quarter 2030 or any 2nd quarter before or after.

2 Likes

Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by Sirpaul(m): 12:49pm On Jun 04, 2018
I'm telling you
yazach:

It surprised you also.
What a waste of resources.

Who are their advisers

If it had been a World class hospital

Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by pedel: 12:51pm On Jun 04, 2018
Second quarter is the half of the year, which is June.
March, June, September and December.
Elementary Mathematics.
You're welcome.

uzedo1:

1st Quarter is from Jan to April, so apparently 2nd Quarter is from May to August..
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by BedLam: 1:13pm On Jun 04, 2018
mknigeriagreat:

i should gtfo for airing my opinion? No problem. And which vehicle will you drive from rumokoro(which is the outskirt of ph) to yenegoa in 45 mins? Even ph to ahoada is over an hour. Do you know the number of IOCs and oil servicing coys in that place? Not all locations are offshore in bayelsa. If I tell you how much my company spend on security just to move staff from ph to our locations in bayelsa then you will understand one of the needs for that airport. I repeat again it is a good development for activities in that city.
The fact that you have the fundamental human right to air your own view doesn't mean we shouldn't call your views stupid when they are.
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by autonomous22: 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2018
andymofia:
How many people are living in Bayelsa that you are building such a big airport in Bayelsa?

Nigerians shaa.... complain, complain, complain....
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by dominique(f): 1:30pm On Jun 04, 2018
uzedo1:

You're wrong. Each quarter comprises of 3 months. Second quarter ends by June ending. The governor has just under 4 weeks to complete the world class airport
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by Marcelinho(m): 1:59pm On Jun 04, 2018
Airport is a good Project, but definitely not needed in Bayelsa right now.

That money could have build a world class hospital
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by Egein(m): 2:01pm On Jun 04, 2018
LOL. Bayelsa, my state, does not need, and cannot maintain, an airport. A state without a proper waterway transport system for its poor majority. The PHC airport is less that an hour away. Owerri airport is barely 2 hours away.
Visitor influx into the state is also not significant. The expat oil workers journey to tier bases by chopper from PHC because of the insecurities of road transport.

This Bayelsa airport is a waste of resources.
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by Egein(m): 2:02pm On Jun 04, 2018
princessyere1:
bros it's not 45 minutes away, don't say what you don't know

Keep quiet. From Mbiama (Bayelsa) to PHC airport (just off Elele) is even about 30mins.
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by SoNature(m): 2:11pm On Jun 04, 2018
BedLam:
They just build airport without thinking of how to make the state viable for indigenous people and guests as well.

Bayelsa people are not even friendly people, even their governor calls them lazy people

I've lived there and I speak out of experience

If Bayelsa was as viable as Rivers State, there will be war in the state every day

The most worrisome trend in the state is a group of ex-millitants that call themselves Ijaw Youth Congress (IYC). They always terrorize visitors and steal from them with violence at the slightest provocation.

I am glad I left the state for good.
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 2:23pm On Jun 04, 2018
BedLam:
Do they really need an airport in that poor state ?
This is always the question, do they really need a FLYOVER in that poor state? Do they really need an airport in that poor state? I remember when this question was asked in AKWA IBOM but today the answer is clear.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by aribisala0(m): 2:37pm On Jun 04, 2018
uzedo1:

They are 3 quarters that make up the year.

Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by mekzymiles(m): 2:51pm On Jun 04, 2018
BedLam:
Do they really need an airport in that poor state ?

richer than 70% of afonja states

1 Like

Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by edonks1: 2:54pm On Jun 04, 2018
This is already third quarter. Say second half of the year
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by Dead(m): 2:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
uzedo1:

Did you acquire basic education at all?
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by edonks1: 2:58pm On Jun 04, 2018
We actually need airport. Port Harcourt is not safe. We will see the airport. It is better than the money been used by an individual for cars or cloths or marriage runs
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by OlaPhils(m): 3:43pm On Jun 04, 2018
When should we start building standard things in Nigeria? world class things?
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by iksman2002(m): 3:55pm On Jun 04, 2018
pansophist:
Na airport dem they build with stick like this? See as e be like shop
chai
u wicked!

Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by UfuomaUN(m): 3:56pm On Jun 04, 2018
uzedo1:

So you're saying there are 3 quarters in a whole? 1/4+1/4+1/4= 1

clap for yaself
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by PAQ(m): 4:04pm On Jun 04, 2018
The level of literacy is really on the low in Nigeria. You dont need to live in Nigeria to know, just visit Nairaland. I just had to clear this shameless argument;

A quarter refers to one-fourth of a year and is typically expressed as "Q." The standard four quarters that make up the year are: January, February and March (Q1); April, May and June (Q2); July, August and September (Q3); and October, November and December (Q4).
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by Pavarottii(m): 5:46pm On Jun 04, 2018
soberdrunk:

Are you from Nigeria or Cameroon?
Your state doesn't have half of the resources the state has. So who is poor?
Re: Bayelsa State Airport To Be Completed Second Quarter Of The Year by Pavarottii(m): 5:48pm On Jun 04, 2018
SoNature:

Bayelsa people are not even friendly people, even their governor calls them lazy people

I've lived there and I speak out of experience

If Bayelsa was as viable as Rivers State, there will be war in the state every day

The most worrisome trend in the state is a group of ex-millitants that call themselves Ijaw Youth Congress (IYC). They always terrorize visitors and steal from them with violence at the slightest provocation.

I am glad I left the state for good.
And people are still living there and are not all dead?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

UK Advises Citizens Against Travels To Anambra, Other states / Traveling Abroad: Your Guidance Needed / 12 Facts About Air Travel You Should Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.