Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,902 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? (1312 Views)

What Would You Do If Your Blind Date Showed Up Looking Like This? / Would You Agree To Go On A Blind Date? / At What Height Is A Man Considered Short? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by Keziah(f): 6:22pm On Mar 20, 2007
Going on a blind date is risky business. For several reasons.
For one, it means you have officially reached rock bottom. You are now a charity case that is incapable of attracting a date by yourself.
Now you need help.
And you are getting it from all angles whether solicited or not. Everybody has somebody that nobody wants. And they somehow think that YOU would want that person. I guess maybe that’s because they figure that just like that somebody who nobody else wants, you are in fact somebody else that nobody wants… and why wouldn’t two unwanted people want each other? Makes sense, doesn’t it? You have truly reached rock bottom…

For two, the blind date that you are hooked up with can be very damaging to your self image. But…

The ultimate and profound low point is when… you… join… a… dating service. That is just inexcusable. For the two reasons above and for the additional reasons that now even your friends have given up on you and at this point you have also given up on yourself.

Now you need PROFESSIONAL help.

I agree with this writer's view. Going on blind date is the worse thing/decision a single person can make. And for those who have gone on blind dates it will really be appreciated if you give your experience for others to learn from.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by Seun(m): 6:25pm On Mar 20, 2007
If you've truly hit rock bottom, isn't it smarter to admit that and do whatever is necessary to get what you want?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by Keziah(f): 6:32pm On Mar 20, 2007
Seun i wouldn't do that if i am in such a dire situation.  The smart thing to do is to wait on God and not admit defeat by going to such a bizzare adventure. Or is there anyother worse/better name for that?
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by Seun(m): 10:20pm On Mar 20, 2007
If you don't admit defeat, what do you gain? Nothing. Admitting defeat is a sign of humility and honesty!!
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by cuteass1(f): 12:42am On Mar 21, 2007
Well i've not considered it cos i think i'm doing just fine with my eyes open lol

well i've never liked the idea, but then there are lots of blind dates, some can be set up by the family members that think the two people are compartible and some do lead to "something" so?

well every man with his own right??, so who am i to condemn blind dates lol
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by OmoEko1(f): 12:45am On Mar 21, 2007
I can't go on a blind date becos am gonna complain the all time, am gonna look for fault and negative things about him and his body. I have a very high taste when it comes to guys cheesy cheesy cheesy, i just don't date anyone.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by sisimose(f): 12:48am On Mar 21, 2007
omo eko dates herself grin kiss
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by OmoEko1(f): 12:54am On Mar 21, 2007
sisimose:

omo eko dates herself grin kiss
i can't since i have a wonderful loving caring boyfriend cheesy cheesy

Women like me have high expectation that all
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by jerseygurl(f): 12:57am On Mar 21, 2007
ma friends call me bug eye, da bug eyes nobi 2 close n wait 4 date, na 2 open like larm and search 4 date
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by Busta(f): 1:58am On Mar 21, 2007
@topic,

not worth it, makes u look desperate and end up getting disappointed.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by sisimose(f): 2:01am On Mar 21, 2007
i went on a blind date one valentines days, me and my friend were feeling sorry for ourselves and agreed to go out with these two guys, what a joke it was. grin we were still young and naive grin
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by Keziah(f): 2:29pm On Mar 22, 2007
Sisimose you can give us a brief detail of what happend on that day. I have a friend who is in such a situation right now, and she has even given up on herself. I have given her all the advice that i can ever think of but she is bent on going on blind date via online dating service. I actually need the comments and experiences of people either negative or positive, for her to know the pros and cons of this game.

So, once again your comment will be greatly appreicated.
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by amaikama(m): 9:43am On Apr 30, 2008
Blind date! yeah i have once and it was good too to be true. the girl was something else. kindda homely and respectful. at the end, i never wanted to leave. how stupid of me. cry
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by iice(f): 6:50pm On May 06, 2008
Sure, if it was set up by people who know me
If not, then no. . .
Re: Have You Ever Considered Going On A Blind Date? by omega25red(m): 7:33pm On May 06, 2008
Going on a blind date does not equal desperation. I have met people whom if they know you are single might think you would get along well with a friend of theirs so they set you up on a date. Or you may have moved to a new city and while finding it hard to make friends you could be set up on a date. Besides all you internet daters all have gone on blind dates because even if you see picture, that might not be that person who you might see when you finally decide to meet. Besides when you are dating what's better than meeting a stranger for the first time and getting to know them?

(1) (Reply)

Can You Marry A Short Lady Or Guy Of 4.2ft ? / Can You Date A Stammerer? / The Only Reason Women Argue.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.