Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,779 members, 7,831,505 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. (6575 Views)

How I Call Out MTN On Twitter And They Responded Swiftly / Infinix Hot S3x Vs Iphone X | How Far Infinix Went In Copying The Iphone X / In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 1:26pm On Jun 06, 2018
GrandMufti:

It's a big claim if you can't mention the particular model and launch date

Huncle, i said it is the LG V10.. it is the launch date i can't remember, but you can check on GSMArena to confirm, or you ask that my second oga, greenhulk..
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by tbadejo25: 1:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

Abeg make you no talk too much, make dem no go comot the thread itself from this small section wey i dhe manage.. grin

But who is this Tech Blogger you are talking about?

I have shaken the table well, don't let us break it.
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
tbadejo25:

I have shaken the table well, don't let us break it.

Lol... it will not break in Jesus name.. Amen.. grin
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 2:14pm On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

Huncle, i said it is the LG V10.. it is the launch date i can't remember, but you can check on GSMArena to confirm, or you ask that my second oga, greenhulk..

grin grin grin

That is not what we are talking about; it is an additional display at the top of the device. In fact, LG has a Korean patent on that feature.

Check the first link on android authority I posted, it made mention of it.

The Essential phone is the first to launch with the notch

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
GrandMufti:

It's a big claim if you can't mention the particular model and launch date

LG V10 from 2015 had a notch, only that it was cut out from the left to accommodate the front facing camera. The essential phone had front facing camera in the middle so the noch was cut out for the camera too but since the camera is in the middle notch had to be in the middle.

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 2:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

LG V10 from 2015 had a notch, only that it was cut out from the left to accommodate the front facing camera. The essential phone had front facing camera in the middle so the noch was cut out for the camera too but since the camera is in the middle notch had to be in the middle.

Oga that is not a notch grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
GrandMufti:

Oga that is not a notch grin

Define notch. If it's a cut out be it from the middle or the edge it's a notch. I purposely just didn't want to bring this but since someone mentioned it so why not. If u think apple copied the notch from essential phone (even though the one on the iPhone x does not in any way look like essential phone), then it is also safe to say LG started the notch.

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 2:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

Define notch. If it's a cut out be it from the middle or the edge it's a notch. I purposely just didn't want to bring this but since someone mentioned it so why not. If u think apple copied the notch from essential phone (even though the one on the iPhone x does not in any way look like essential phone), then it is also safe to say LG started the notch.

There is no cut in the image you posted. It's just an additional screen estate and I said previously that LG has a Korean patent on that feature. I have posted two links to buttress this, yet you saying something entirely different

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by henry007(m): 2:48pm On Jun 06, 2018
GrandMufti:

There is no cut in the image you posted. It's just an additional screen estate and I said previously that LG has a Korean patent on that feature. I have posted two links to buttress this, yet you saying something entirely different

You don't want to lose the argument so instead you're redefining what notch means lol
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 2:51pm On Jun 06, 2018
henry007:

You don't want to lose the argument so instead you're redefining what notch means lol

You have been noticed

3 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Dam5reey(m): 5:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
Grandmufti don show,

I'm waiting for the next device to feature Clear back cover..

All OEM copy and modify each other's innovation .. Is that a new thing in the electronic industry?
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 5:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dam5reey:
Grandmufti don show,

All OEM copy and modify each other's innovation .. Is that a new thing in the electronic industry?

Exactly, I wonder why some people are refusing to accept that this phone copied the iPhone 10 design, not just the notch but the overall design. I'm waiting for other OEM's to release a transparent back phone and see if they will not say they copied xiaomi mi 8 explorer. Oh wait HTC did it first with the u12 plus, just that xiaomi did it better with the processor visible.

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Dam5reey(m): 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

Exactly, I wonder why some people are refusing to accept that this phone copied the iPhone 10 design, not just the notch but the overall design. I'm waiting for other OEM's to release a transparent back phone and see if they will not say they copied xiaomi mi 8 explorer. Oh wait HTC did it first with the u12 plus, just that xiaomi did it better with the processor visible.

Oh yes, All na copy.. grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

U11+ has a transparent back too tho, anyway, HTC did it first.

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 5:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
GrandMufti:

You have been noticed

You see, earlier today i told you to wait for greenhulk that he will come here and finish you now, you thought i was lying.. now see your life... grin grin

greenhulk always got my back, just like Spiderman's got Jane's back... i love you greenhulk.. but what is your name? is it banner? grin grin

Just asking though

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 5:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

Don't even mention HTC, all those ones have gone back to being an upcoming smart making industry.. just like Korede Bello have gine back to being an upcoming artist.. sad
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Dam5reey(m): 5:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
adeboyewareez:

U11+ has a transparent back too tho, anyway, HTC did it first.

No, Xiaomi did Transparent Back First which is refferred to as clear back cover innovation...

Translucent tranparent back is as good as closed Back cover because you can't see anything inside of the phone...

Hope I'm not repeating transmission, transmission... grin grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dam5reey:

No, Xiaomi did Transparent Back First which is refferred to as clear back cover innovation...

Translucent tranparent back is as good as closed Back cover because you can't see anything inside of the phone...

I Think i am beginning to love this guy... i never knew you be so much on point like this.. after fighting and beating up both me and my village people yesterday.. grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dam5reey:

I don't get you... translucent backs are as good as closed backs, how? We all can see the NFC ring in the U11+, and had it been the chipset was located around the middle area of the phone (or not so enclosed as in the Xiaomi) we should have gotten a peek at that too.

Translucent backs are as good as Transparent backs, and on that premise, HTC did it first.
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Dam5reey(m): 5:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
adeboyewareez:

I don't get you... translucent backs are as good as closed backs, how? We all can see the NFC ring in the U11+, and had it been the chipset was located around the middle area of the phone (or not so enclosed as in the Xiaomi) we should have gotten a peek at that too.

Translucent backs are as good as Transparent backs, and on that premise, HTC did it first.

Oops, So you are telling what translucent and Transparent or transmission are the same innovation...?
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

Don't even mention HTC, all those ones have gone back to being an upcoming smart making industry.. just like Korede Bello have gine back to being an upcoming artist.. sad

HTC used to be the Apple of Android phones with their premium design. I remember the HTC one M7 was the best Android phone of its time and my first and last HTC phone. Bought it when it was still very hot, that aluminium back was amazing then. But they have failed to improve on their marketing and camera. And instead of them to swallow their pride and sell their phones for cheap since they can never match Samsung, they are still adamant on selling their phones for premium price, especially now that many Chinese OEM's are coming with flagship yet inexpensive phones. Only Samsung can sell their phones for premium price and still stay on top of the food chain. Its the same thing with Sony, they have been operating on loss for many years now. I like what LG are doing, they sell their flagship phones cheaper than Samsung and that is why they still remain relevant than HTC and Sony.

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

You see, earlier today i told you to wait for greenhulk that he will come here and finish you now, you thought i was lying.. now see your life... grin grin

greenhulk always got my back, just like Spiderman's got Jane's back... i love you greenhulk.. but what is your name? is it banner? grin grin

Just asking though

Lol, bros abeg no kill me for here. Meanwhile have u seen what Lenovo released as the Z5? No way near what they teased.

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 6:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
adeboyewareez:

Okay i said something earlier today when everyone wanted to bite off each other's head as to whether Apple was the first phone to have a notch or they copied it from somewhere else.. Then i said something, though apple was not the first phone to use a notch, but they sure do know how to make something which was not looking good before to start looking good, and that was the reason why every smart phone manufacturer out there was copying the iPhone X own style of notch..

So concerning this new issue on ground now, whether it was Xiaomi or HTC that first had a transparent back cover.. the point is that, though HTC was it the U11 or U11+ had a slightly transparent back cover, and nobody gave a damn about it. But Xiaomi did it, and the whole world is going crazy about it, simply because they made it look better..

So Xiaomi is like apple, they took something which was not looking good before and made it to start looking good.. Now just give it a few months and you will start seeing other smart phone manufacturers including this to all their smart phones.. That is when we can now say that, other people are copying Xiaomi.. Peace..

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dam5reey:

Oops, So you are telling what translucent and Transparent or transmission are the same innovation...?
Well, in my opinion, the idea is to give users at least a peek into the innards of their devices. and there are several ways of doing that... From transparent backs to translucent backs to wallpapers that allow you see the insides of your phone to custom phone builds, it's all one innovation.

And, no, transmission isn't a part, �
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 6:04pm On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

Lol, bros abeg no kill me for here. Meanwhile have u seen what Lenovo released as the Z5? No way near what they teased.

Lol... those people weak me.. i don dhe save money for the second hand already once e hit Nigeria, but e be like say that my money, i go go use am do another thing... grin grin

But wait oh... something tells me that the Infinix Zero 6 might come with a notch oh.. abi what do you all think?
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

Lol... those people weak me.. i don dhe save money for the second hand already once e hit Nigeria, but e be like say that my money, i go go use am do another thing... grin grin

But wait oh... something tells me that the Infinix Zero 6 might come with a notch oh.. abi what do you all think?

Ha ha, right now the only OEM that I can vouch for that won't release a notch phone this year is Samsung. They might end up succumbing next year though.
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Dam5reey(m): 6:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
adeboyewareez:

Well, in my opinion, the idea is to give users at least a peek into the innards of their devices. and there are several ways of doing that... From transparent backs to translucent backs to wallpapers that allow you see the insides of your phone to custom phone builds, it's all one innovation.

And, no, transmission isn't a part, �

Hmm.. Give HTC some accolades.. so Mi 8 explorer is a copy of U11+

Abeg Op go and write another thing, topic is becoming boring, repetition all over
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

Okay i said something earlier today when everyone wanted to bite off each other's head as to whether Apple was the first phone to have a notch or they copied it from somewhere else.. Then i said something, though apple was not the first phone to use a notch, but they sure do know how to make something which was not looking good before to start looking good, and that was the reason why every smart phone manufacturer out there was copying the iPhone X own style of notch..

So concerning this new issue on ground now, whether it was Xiaomi or HTC that first had a transparent back cover.. the point is that, though HTC was it the U11 or U11+ had a slightly transparent back cover, and nobody gave a damn about it. But Xiaomi did it, and the whole world is going crazy about it, simply because they made it look better..

So Xiaomi is like apple, they took something which was not looking good before and made it to start looking good.. Now just give it a few months and you will start seeing other smart phone manufacturers including this to all their smart phones.. That is when we can now say that, other people are copying Xiaomi.. Peace..
A valid point you've made, no doubt. Xiaomi has apparently popularised transparent backs, but we can't exactly say they took something "which was not looking good before", translucent backs are (were) quite a beauty, it just wasn't as popular for some other reasons. However, I perceive that the reason Xiaomi is getting much love for their design is that they are apparently the first OEM to officially turn out a transparent back device (several phones have been tweaked to have transparent backs but those were largely unofficial and the OEMs would have no part in it).

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 6:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dam5reey:

Abeg Op go and write another thing, topic is becoming boring, repetition all over
not exactly... if we want to be grainy on the details, U11+ has a translucent back, Xiaomi has a transparent back.

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dam5reey:

Abi.. you have a point there... and i'm on it already... will be posting it this night... grin

You are a very nicr dude afterall.. grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dam5reey:
Grandmufti don show,

That is the trend now. But some people think say na now Xiaomi phones begin copy iPhone grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 8:29pm On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

Just asking though

Finish what kwanu? undecided it's a good thing you know you way around the Internet. So Google is your friend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Opera Mini For Nokia E71 / How To Get 30GB Data For Free On 9mobile (no Charges no cheat) / Flooding, Insecurity Cause Of MTN's Poor Network Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.