Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,787 members, 7,813,602 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:44 PM

This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. (6534 Views)

How I Call Out MTN On Twitter And They Responded Swiftly / Infinix Hot S3x Vs Iphone X | How Far Infinix Went In Copying The Iphone X / In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 2:36am On Jun 05, 2018
Alright, so yesterday we shared an article here about the new Xiaomi Phones that were launched a few days ago going to a week now, and that post got quite a lot of positive comments and reviews.. And in case you missed out on that post, you can see it HERE..

Now one thing you have to know about these Xiaomi phones, especially the transparent Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer, is that they borrowed quite a lot of specs and features from the popular Apple iPhone X, they borrowed quite a lot more than they should have borrowed.. infact one thing you have to know, is that this phone is just an iPhone X under the Android shadow. And we will be coming to that in a minute... but in case you've never seen the Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer before, and you want to feast your eyes to some new wonders of the world.. here's you go..

[img]https://1.bp..com/-QIkp1mbaBbA/WxXjzAmtD6I/AAAAAAAAAQI/CVD0_aqneD8czDHIIfVVNtzCr_2yDHQpACLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-06.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-_ghYhcs7i7A/WxXjy2OT9HI/AAAAAAAAAQE/2ituZUk0CNMR1rQJ0LCZnKcnmNMKtYl1gCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-04.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-Wj_uQDNF-pg/WxXj0tQ7wII/AAAAAAAAAQU/JlreDGrFTtwHLhJJ3PvSMoV_gztKVh8AQCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-09.png[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-fR9qpawaNyg/WxXjz6Rf0pI/AAAAAAAAAQM/qKWKxpfTbYMS-vd78SLoP9itVIXJ3-MKACLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-07.jpg[/img]

So back to our main discussion.. So in case you must know, here are the features that the Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer collected from the popular Apple iPhone X.

1. The Design (Placing these two devices side by side, without bearing their logos might give you a really tough time to tell them apart).

[img]https://1.bp..com/-MQZ1Z6prMkc/WxXj0fe1xyI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/hy5Q2vsg__UL_-xgKSJbO7hwiB_hr6k-QCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-08.jpg[/img]

2. Apple's Face ID

[img]https://1.bp..com/-oOKayyhDEwQ/WxXj23DQa3I/AAAAAAAAAQs/62JhIoqFtls8N9p-PmbJintV5hITAmM4ACLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8.jpg[/img]

3. 3D Animoji.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-OIu7Kx1WiZE/WxXj1r_GyBI/AAAAAAAAAQc/OPZyKmwCM1ce0swX1jssoSPQeIIjRObXwCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-12.png[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-lqKPA_Dzkwo/WxXj1t9ls3I/AAAAAAAAAQg/lehY3iP2rYAQRSa9lFnlrwjRVNnzW9zSACLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-13.png[/img]

4. Apple's Portrait Photo Lighting Which Xiaomi Took and renamed to Studio Lighting..

[img]https://2.bp..com/-n4y3fxF--so/WxXj1zhsOxI/AAAAAAAAAQk/8IKqufLY9NU3DjS7AdHeRkgPPGdu5bJSwCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-16.png[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-jDktssgFv4o/WxXj2gy350I/AAAAAAAAAQo/vdPkO-vc674JgOzZqTCK6ywqALoVgI3rgCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-17.png[/img]

5. Swiping Navigation Gestures...

So as you already know how we do it here.. we've already written a well detailed post on our official web page, where we discussed these features in Indepth one after other and with more images to go with them.. So if you want to know more about why we called the Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer an iPhone X in the android shadow.. please follow the link below... enjoy..

http://www.correctblogger.com/2018/06/xiaomi-mi-8-explorer-vs-apple-iphone-x.html

Cc: Lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by henry007(m): 3:36am On Jun 05, 2018
correct tech blogger

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by bravesoul247(m): 6:08am On Jun 05, 2018
This is nice. How much is this device?
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 6:45am On Jun 05, 2018
henry007:
correct tech blogger

Lol... my oga.. if its not correct, it can't be correct na..

3 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 6:48am On Jun 05, 2018
bravesoul247:
This is nice. How much is this device?

Not on sale for now, but Speculations say it should be approximately $578, but nobody is sure if it will be shipping to the USA, not to talk of Nigeria.. grin grin

Where is that my brother that went to order iPhone X from all the way from America, let him come and order this one too.. grin grin.. henry007 you know what i'm talking about... grin grin

3 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by tbadejo25: 8:29am On Jun 05, 2018
Your blog posts are very interesting.

Phone section Mods are sleeping on you but don't relent. Keep it up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 8:38am On Jun 05, 2018
tbadejo25:
Your blog posts are very interesting.

Phone section Mods are sleeping on you but don't relent. Keep it up.

Ahh... this guy, you are one of a kind... infact, you've already made my day.. thank you very plenty for the kind words.. if only my girlfriend could be as romantic as this... grin grin

4 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 9:16am On Jun 05, 2018
correctBlogger:

Not on sale for now, but Speculations say it should be approximately $578, but nobody is sure if it will be shipping to the USA, not to talk of Nigeria.. grin grin

If you order on aliexpress, they'll ship worldwide including US and nigeria

2 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 05, 2018
I said in an earlier post that this is a direct iPhone X copy and someone said its not true. Nonetheless its a very good device and Xiaomi have done well. Too bad the Explorer version won't be as popular as the normal version as release day is not even know yet, meanwhile there's release date for the SE and regular version. I love the transparent back, if u want to troll ur friends, just show them the back of ur phone so they can see the snapdragon 845 chip smiling at them. I see more OEM's adopting this soon. No need to ask for specs of the phone, just look at the back and see the chip. Dope.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by WalkerMichael(m): 10:22am On Jun 05, 2018
Wonderful one from Xiaomi again! So going for this once released cheesy
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Dam5reey(m): 1:34pm On Jun 05, 2018
Nigeria blogger self, writing trash since 1914..

The phone is worth 600USD and you call it poor man's iPhone X.

Its an Android phone and not IOS..

2 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2018
Dam5reey:
Nigeria blogger self, writing trash since 1914..

The phone is worth 600USD and you call it poor man's iPhone X.

Its an Android phone and not IOS..

Did you read other people's comments before writing your own.. did you see that they were happy with what i wrote and the blog as a whole? why can't you just say something positive for once with this mouth that God gave you and stop discouraging your fellow Naija brother.. if this was to be written by Android Authority now, you will be the first person to shout "cool", then you like it and share, noe because it is written by a Nigerian, it is now nonsense...

You can't spoil my day no matter how much you try to. grin grin

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by DonXavi(m): 3:43pm On Jun 05, 2018
D
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by appswift: 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2018
correctBlogger:

Did you read other people's comments before writing your own.. did you see that they were happy with what i wrote and the blog as a whole? why can't you just say something positive for once with this mouth that God gave you and stop discouraging your fellow Naija brother.. if this was to be written by Android Authority now, you will be the first person to shout "cool", then you like it and share, noe because it is written by a Nigerian, it is now nonsense...

Lol grin grin

2 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by czarina(f): 6:18pm On Jun 05, 2018
cool CorrectBlogger been following your posts back to back. With this your consistency ehn, you're definitely going places. #ThingsIWishICouldDo

You see, this post is specifically for you. Not going to tell anyone to check out my profile if they live in Jos and environs cheesy
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 6:40pm On Jun 05, 2018
czarina:
cool CorrectBlogger been following your posts back to back. With this your consistency ehn, you're definitely going places. #ThingsIWishICouldDo

Ahhh... God, if i can just have 5 persons like you in my life, then Hakunamatata.. it means no worries..

Thank You Bro.. you are God sent..

You see, this post is specifically for you. Not going to tell anyone to check out my profile if they live in Jos and environs cheesy[/quote]

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by eleojo23: 6:42pm On Jun 05, 2018
correctBlogger:

Ahh... this guy, you are one of a kind... infact, you've already made my day.. thank you very plenty for the kind words.. if only my girlfriend could be as romantic as this... grin grin

You would be too distracted by her and won't be able to create this thread

3 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 6:46pm On Jun 05, 2018
eleojo23:

You would be too distracted by her and won't be able to create this thread

Hahahahahahah... i don die oh.. grin grin.. Bro you are one hell of a comedian..
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Dam5reey(m): 6:59pm On Jun 05, 2018
correctBlogger:

I don't read obvious rubbish, Poor man's I phone X is a turn off... Learn to be positive as well, is poor man positive?

You should have used a budget iPhone X instead of saying rubbish

There are tech terms, this is 2017,
Oh I forgot This is Nigeria anything goes

8 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 7:01pm On Jun 05, 2018
Dam5reey:

I don't read obvious rubbish, Poor man's I phone X is a turn off... Learn to be positive as well is poor Possible?

This guy don come again... You are pushing me to that point of pisstacity.. but still, you won't spoil my day.. try harder.. wink wink
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Dam5reey(m): 7:03pm On Jun 05, 2018
correctBlogger:

This guy don come again... You are pushing me to that point of pisstacity.. but still, you won't spoil my day.. try harder.. wink wink

If you don't Know about a brand, at Least do some research..

I'm not dumbass to think a phone worth close to 900$ is poor man's iPhone X, it doesn't just correlate.. angry

2 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Dam5reey(m): 7:13pm On Jun 05, 2018
Below is an Example of Poor man's iPhone X..

The second is poor man's S8

Peace

2 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2018
Dam5reey:
Below is an Example of Poor man's iPhone X..

The second is poor man's S8

Peace

Is Ouikitel a phone?

And secondly which yahoo yahoo site did you get that your Xiaomi from, because even the Xiaomi being discussed here have not been shipped to stores and doesn't have any official price yet... so what weed did you say you were smoking.. give me lemme taste some, maybe i can have a little bit of your kind of inspiration
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Dam5reey(m): 7:59pm On Jun 05, 2018
correctBlogger:

Is Ouikitel a phone?

And secondly which yahoo yahoo site did you get that your Xiaomi from, because even the Xiaomi being discussed here have not been shipped to stores and doesn't have any official price yet... so what weed did you say you were smoking.. give me lemme taste some, maybe i can have a little bit of your kind of inspiration

Now I see what inspired the trash you wrote, what has weed got to do with the topic.. embarassed

6 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by henry007(m): 8:19pm On Jun 05, 2018
Dam5reey:

I don't read obvious rubbish, Poor man's I phone X is a turn off... Learn to be positive as well is poor Possible?

There are tech terms, this is 2017,
Oh I forgot This is Nigeria anything goes

Wait you didn't read the article but you're mad about the title. No wonder you're in 2017 grin

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Dam5reey(m): 8:22pm On Jun 05, 2018
henry007:

Wait you didn't read the article but you're mad about the title. No wonder you're in 2017 grin

Good to know you pay attention to details
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jun 05, 2018
this op is high on weed.
How is xiaomi mi8 poor man's iphone X? Is xiaomi running the same operating system as Apple? How is this phone related to the iPhone X? Na design u go call. So because person do design,another do exactly like it's own means he copied it Abi
After copying did he put the same camera rings? Is the camera bump out too like the iPhone X.
For your information, Apple actually stole the gesture idea from Nokia.even the always on display was introduced by Nokia.on their symbian meego smartphone.nokia set the record all of them are now copying.if only Nokia still continued.

2 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by unmask: 3:29am On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

Is Ouikitel a phone?

you are a tech blogger and you don't know oukitel? That's strange.....You write well....but you need to manage the words you use....."poor man's iPhone", "is oukitel a phone" are statements that show you as not being objective.

But then we learn everyday.....

3 Likes

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 9:31am On Jun 06, 2018
unmask:
you are a tech blogger and you don't know oukitel? That's strange.....You write well....but you need to manage the words you use....."poor man's iPhone", "is oukitel a phone" are statements that show you as not being objective.

But then we learn everyday.....

When i say "Is Ouikitel a phone" it doesn't mean i don't know Ouikitel.. go and learn your figures of speech then come back and argue with me later... cheesy
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by henry007(m): 9:35am On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

When i say "Is Ouikitel a phone" it doesn't mean i don't know Ouikitel.. go and learn your figures of speech then come back and argue with me later... cheesy

You know these people are only attacking you coz i said "correct tech blogger" right? They are my village people, nvm themgrin
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 06, 2018
Dam5reey:

If you don't Know about a brand, at Least do some research..

I'm not dumbass to think a phone worth close to 900$ is poor man's iPhone X, it doesn't just correlate.. angry

Definitely not a poor man's phone but this website has jerked up the price. The offial price if mi 8 explorer edition is around $600 which puts it in the same category as OnePlus 6. Definitely a worthy flagship killer. The regular mi 8 is $430. If truly this website wants to sell this phone for $900 plus then it makes no sense as people will rather get a galaxy s9 plus for cheaper or wait for the note 9 which will sell for around $850-900.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"How Can I Purchase Item Online With Coupon Codes" / Oppo Community / Samsung Galaxy J7 Vs Samsung Galaxy J5 – Full Phone Specifications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.