Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,930 members, 7,835,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. (6587 Views)

How I Call Out MTN On Twitter And They Responded Swiftly / Infinix Hot S3x Vs Iphone X | How Far Infinix Went In Copying The Iphone X / In Case U Dn't Knw, This Is What I Call An iPhone X In An Android Phone's Shadow (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by NicestDude: 9:52am On Jun 06, 2018
They didn't copy , they made it 1000 times better
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by henry007(m): 9:57am On Jun 06, 2018
NicestDude:
The didn't copy , they made it 1000 times better

State one of those times.
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 10:10am On Jun 06, 2018
henry007:

You know these people are only attacking you coz i said "correct tech blogger" right? They are my village people, nvm themgrin

Hahahah... oga Henry... no kill me for them abeg... grin

That guy that didn't succeed in spoiling my day yesterday, he has gone to call reinforcement thinking that they will succeed today...

Abeg next time you want to call me Correct Tech Blogger, no shout am.. just whisper am for my ear, i go hear.. grin grin
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 10:12am On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

Definitely not a poor man's phone but this website has jerked up the price. The offial price if mi 8 explorer edition is around $600 which puts it in the same category as OnePlus 6. Definitely a worthy flagship killer. The regular mi 8 is $430. If truly this website wants to sell this phone for $900 plus then it makes no sense as people will rather get a galaxy s9 plus for cheaper or wait for the note 9 which will sell for around $850-900.

Uncle Good Morning Oh.. So you are still here... thank you for having my back... if not, all these janguda boys for don use my eyes take lick pepper.. grin grin
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 10:13am On Jun 06, 2018
henry007:

I am coming to upload it..
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 10:13am On Jun 06, 2018
henry007:

I am coming to upload it.. keep a look out for my next post.
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by NicestDude: 10:19am On Jun 06, 2018
henry007:

I'm just saying .... Apple copies too. They all do it. I just hate it when they make everything about apple. Since they lifted the notch from essential phone, I cannot hear word again.. most of the special features they have have been around from other phone companies, but once it comes to apple, any other manufacturer that does 'steals from apple'. It's annoying

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 10:29am On Jun 06, 2018
NicestDude:
They didn't copy , they made it 1000 times better

Na wa oh. Something that is very very visible u still twist it that they didn't copy lol. U are probably a Xiaomi fan, I get it.. I also have a Xiaomi phone. There is no crime in copying so far u can make it look good, but the bottom line is they copied Apple. I'm a Samsung fan and in those days when Samsung were copying Apple I wasn't shy of saying they copied Apple, that doesn't stop me from buying their phones.
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 10:34am On Jun 06, 2018
NicestDude:

I'm just saying .... Apple copies too. They all do it. I just hate it when they make everything about apple. Since they lifted the notch from essential phone, I cannot hear word again.. most of the special features they have have been around from other phone companies, but once it comes to apple, any other manufacturer that does 'steals from apple'. It's annoying

Bro this design is direct iPhone X design, no need beating around the bush. They made it look good though with the transparent back. They even added Animojy. As if that is not enough they named the cheaper model Mi 8 SE. WTF... iphone SE anyone?
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 10:50am On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

Bro this design is direct iPhone X design, no need beating around the bush. They made it look good though with the transparent back.

You are just repeating what he said. They did not just copy, they added their own Jara, just like Apple added Jara to the notch design they copied from Essential phone.

greenhulk:

As if that is not enough they named the cheaper model Mi 8 SE. WTF... iphone SE anyone?

Is there any patent to the SE nomenclature? And I hope you know this is not the first phone with the SE name from Xiaomi.

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by NicestDude: 10:54am On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

Na wa oh. Something that is very very visible u still twist it that they didn't copy lol. U are probably a Xiaomi fan, I get it.. I also have a Xiaomi phone. There is no crime in copying so far u can make it look good, but the bottom line is they copied Apple. I'm a Samsung fan and in those days when Samsung were copying Apple I wasn't shy of saying they copied Apple, that doesn't stop me from buying their phones.

Xiaomi fan ke? I'm on the Samsung/Nokia train
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by NicestDude: 10:54am On Jun 06, 2018
GrandMufti:

You are just repeating what he said. They did not just copy, they added their own Jara, just like Apple added Jara to the notch design they copied from Essential phone.

Is there any patent to the SE nomenclature? And I hope you know this is not the first phone with the SE name from Xiaomi.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 11:03am On Jun 06, 2018
GrandMufti:

In my first reply to him, I said it that there's no crime in copying, but he tried to twist it saying they didn't copy Apple that they made it 100% better lol. And for reference, Apple didn't copy essential phone. The Essential phone was announced in May 2017 and released in August 2017. Iphone X was announced in September and released in October 2017, but before then we have already seen leaks way as back as May 2017 with that notch. You think it would take just 3 months for Apple to copy Essential phone and add a notch to their phone? Iphone X doesn't have a fingerprint scanner, so they use only 3d face ID, and designing a full screen phone means there has to be a cut out for the 3D face ID sensors. Iphone X notch does not in any way look like the Essential phone, but ironically other Android OEM's that add the notch never made it look like the Essential phone.
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by henry007(m): 11:12am On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

In my first reply to him, I said it that there's no crime in copying, but he tried to twist it saying they didn't copy Apple that they made it 100% better lol. And for reference, Apple didn't copy essential phone. The Essential phone was announced in May 2017 and released in August 2017. Iphone X was announced in September and released in October 2017, but before then we have already seen leaks way as back as May 2017 with that notch. You think it would take just 3 months for Apple to copy Essential phone and add a notch to their phone? Iphone X doesn't have a fingerprint scanner, so they use only 3d face ID, and designing a full screen phone means there has to be a cut out for the 3D face ID sensors. Iphone X notch does not in any way look like the Essential phone, but ironically other Android OEM's that add the notch never made it look like the Essential phone.

These people probably only heard trolls talk about essential phone after iPhone was announced and now they think Apple used 1 month to copy or modify a design. Essential phone has its copies but from brands you may never see.
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 11:17am On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

Oga forget leaks grin there's no patent( none that I know of) on the notch design. So anyone is free to modify.
Four months is a long period to alter any design. Ask Samsung and their latest flagship.

Essential did it first. It's a common knowledge
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 11:22am On Jun 06, 2018
All these things you people are arguing sef ehh.. una don make the whole matter tire me.. Whether Xiaomi Copied Apple or Apple Copied The Essential Phone. The point is that, yes we know that apple may in one time or the other taken some things from other android OEMs, but the main point is that, when those other android OEMs were doing theirs, did it go viral like Apple did.. So the point is, Apple copied an assignment from a fellow student, went back and changed the handwriting, and everybody went crazy and decided to start copying apple's own assignment.. i see apple as a company who knows how to make something that doesn't look good before to start looking good.. and that was exactly what they did with the notch, and everyone else has no choice but to go the apple way...

End of Discussion and argument... if I hear peem from anybody again.. grin
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by edewojames(m): 11:27am On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

Lol... my oga.. if its not correct, it can't be correct na..

Abi. This guy is good on this job. Weldone.
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 11:29am On Jun 06, 2018
edewojames:

Abi. This guy is good on this job. Weldone.

Thank You Very Plenty Bro.. More Blessings.. smiley
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by Nobody: 11:39am On Jun 06, 2018
GrandMufti:

Oga forget leaks grin there's no patent( none that I know of) on the notch design. So anyone is free to modify.
Four months is a long period to alter any design. Ask Samsung and their latest flagship.

Essential did it first. It's a common knowledge

U must have missed where I said there's no crime in copying, especially when there's no patent. So what's ur point of argument here? That Mi 8 is not a copy of the iPhone X?
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 11:48am On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

U must have missed where I said there's no crime in copying, especially when there's no patent. So what's ur point of argument here? That Mi 8 is not a copy of the iPhone X?

Argument? Is it today Xiaomi's phones started looking like iPhones?

The point here is that the notch design came straight outta essential phone. cool

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 11:52am On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

Thank You Very Plenty Bro.. More Blessings.. smiley

By the way, you wrote well. Keep it up wink
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 11:53am On Jun 06, 2018
GrandMufti:

By the way, you wrote well. Keep it up wink

Thank You.. smiley smiley.. I will keep it up.. very very high, where the hands of my village people cannot reach it.. grin
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 11:54am On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

Thank You.. smiley smiley.. I will keep it up.. very very high, where the hands of my village people cannot reach it.. grin

grin
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 11:56am On Jun 06, 2018
GrandMufti:

Argument? Is it today Xiaomi's phones started looking like iPhones?

The point here is that the notch design came straight outta essential phone. cool

No no no... you don't just run into conclusions like that you know.. there is one LG V10 phone like that, that came out one time like that... it also had a notch, just that at that period nobody had any concern for notches... so the essential phone wasn't really the first phone that came with a notch.. save for the fact that theirs was at the middle of the display
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 12:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

No no no... you don't just run into conclusions like that you know.. there is one LG V10 phone like that, that came out one time like that... it also had a notch, just that at that period nobody had any concern for notches... so the essential phone wasn't really the first phone that came with a notch.. save for the fact that theirs was at the middle of the display

That's a mere claim. What if tecno claims to have that idea as far back as 2016? grin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techspot.com/amp/news/74482-lg-thought-up-notch-long-before-apple.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidauthority.com/who-owns-the-notch-845086/amp/

1 Like

Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by jetz(m): 12:28pm On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:
Alright, so yesterday we shared an article here about the new Xiaomi Phones that were launched a few days ago going to a week now, and that post got quite a lot of positive comments and reviews.. And in case you missed out on that post, you can see it HERE..

Now one thing you have to know about these Xiaomi phones, especially the transparent Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer, is that they borrowed quite a lot of specs and features from the popular Apple iPhone X, they borrowed quite a lot more than they should have borrowed.. infact one thing you have to know, is that this phone is just an iPhone X under the Android shadow. And we will be coming to that in a minute... but in case you've never seen the Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer before, and you want to feast your eyes to some new wonders of the world.. here's you go..

[img]https://1.bp..com/-QIkp1mbaBbA/WxXjzAmtD6I/AAAAAAAAAQI/CVD0_aqneD8czDHIIfVVNtzCr_2yDHQpACLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-06.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-_ghYhcs7i7A/WxXjy2OT9HI/AAAAAAAAAQE/2ituZUk0CNMR1rQJ0LCZnKcnmNMKtYl1gCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-04.jpg[/img]

[img]https://2.bp..com/-Wj_uQDNF-pg/WxXj0tQ7wII/AAAAAAAAAQU/JlreDGrFTtwHLhJJ3PvSMoV_gztKVh8AQCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-09.png[/img]

[img]https://4.bp..com/-fR9qpawaNyg/WxXjz6Rf0pI/AAAAAAAAAQM/qKWKxpfTbYMS-vd78SLoP9itVIXJ3-MKACLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-07.jpg[/img]

So back to our main discussion.. So in case you must know, here are the features that the Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer collected from the popular Apple iPhone X.

1. The Design (Placing these two devices side by side, without bearing their logos might give you a really tough time to tell them apart).

[img]https://1.bp..com/-MQZ1Z6prMkc/WxXj0fe1xyI/AAAAAAAAAQQ/hy5Q2vsg__UL_-xgKSJbO7hwiB_hr6k-QCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-08.jpg[/img]

2. Apple's Face ID

[img]https://1.bp..com/-oOKayyhDEwQ/WxXj23DQa3I/AAAAAAAAAQs/62JhIoqFtls8N9p-PmbJintV5hITAmM4ACLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8.jpg[/img]

3. 3D Animoji.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-OIu7Kx1WiZE/WxXj1r_GyBI/AAAAAAAAAQc/OPZyKmwCM1ce0swX1jssoSPQeIIjRObXwCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-12.png[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-lqKPA_Dzkwo/WxXj1t9ls3I/AAAAAAAAAQg/lehY3iP2rYAQRSa9lFnlrwjRVNnzW9zSACLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-13.png[/img]

4. Apple's Portrait Photo Lighting Which Xiaomi Took and renamed to Studio Lighting..

[img]https://2.bp..com/-n4y3fxF--so/WxXj1zhsOxI/AAAAAAAAAQk/8IKqufLY9NU3DjS7AdHeRkgPPGdu5bJSwCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-16.png[/img]

[img]https://1.bp..com/-jDktssgFv4o/WxXj2gy350I/AAAAAAAAAQo/vdPkO-vc674JgOzZqTCK6ywqALoVgI3rgCLcBGAs/s1600/xiaomi-mi-8-17.png[/img]

5. Swiping Navigation Gestures...

So as you already know how we do it here.. we've already written a well detailed post on our official web page, where we discussed these features in Indepth one after other and with more images to go with them.. So if you want to know more about why we called the Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer an iPhone X in the android shadow.. please follow the link below... enjoy..

http://www.correctblogger.com/2018/06/xiaomi-mi-8-explorer-vs-apple-iphone-x.html

Cc: Lalasticlala
that's why they are called the Apple of China for God sake jealousy
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by jetz(m): 12:30pm On Jun 06, 2018
greenhulk:

i like tis guy always on point
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by tbadejo25: 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2018
I asked why this obviously interesting and controversial thread isn't on frontpage and ogas at the top took the comment down.

I guess only one tech blogger can be supported on this street. Correctblogger these people are actually your village people. Make we talk true.
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 1:16pm On Jun 06, 2018
GrandMufti:

That's a mere claim. What if tecno claims to have that idea as far back as 2016? grin

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.techspot.com/amp/news/74482-lg-thought-up-notch-long-before-apple.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.androidauthority.com/who-owns-the-notch-845086/amp/

Tha wasn't a claim.. the device was practically launched and used by people then... it came out in flesh and blood..
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by correctBlogger(m): 1:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
tbadejo25:
I asked why this obviously interesting and controversial thread isn't on frontpage and ogas at the top took the comment down.

I guess only one tech blogger can be supported on this street. Correctblogger these people are actually your village people. Make we talk true.

Abeg make you no talk too much, make dem no go comot the thread itself from this small section wey i dhe manage.. grin

But who is this Tech Blogger you are talking about?
Re: This Is What I Call A Poor Man's iPhone X - Xiaomi Copying iPhone X Since 1900.. by GrandMufti: 1:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
correctBlogger:

Tha wasn't a claim.. the device was practically launched and used by people then... it came out in flesh and blood..

It's a big claim if you can't mention the particular model and launch date

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Slot's Website / How To Detect If A Phone Is A Clone / Airtel Lunches 2GB Data Fro Just #200 Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.