Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

4 Signs Your Relationship Is Headed For Its Final Bus Stop - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 4 Signs Your Relationship Is Headed For Its Final Bus Stop (551 Views)

4 Signs That You May Be Dating The Wrong Person / 4 Signs Your Relationship Is Headed For Its Final Bus Stop / 5 Warning Signs Your Girlfriend Is Cheating On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Signs Your Relationship Is Headed For Its Final Bus Stop by cover9ja: 5:15am On Jun 05, 2018
We all love love, don't we? For the very mushy of us, it's hard to deal when our love lives have it the rocks. Sometimes we find that the magic has petered out but we cannot quite detect the causes. Here’s a disclaimer before you begin: This post is based on personal opinion. Any resemblance whatsoever to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely by coincident, magic, miracle, or witchcraft.

Let’s get to it.

If your partner starts to behave like “we’re best friends, that’s it.”
Ideally, your other half is supposed to be your best friend. However, youstill need to have the urge to bunk them on a moment’s notice – but let’s face it, it’s natural, even if you don’t actually indulge in the act. You should be addicted to each other like hard drugs. Of course maintaining passion at the same level for an extended period of time is an uphill task; it can fluctuate, and it can be there one day, gone the next, never to return. But chances are if the latter happens, and just after three weeks, it starts to feel like you’ve been dating for ages, you’re probably going to break up. There’s just your best friend who you accidentally ended up dating for a bit.

“He’s an asshole, I have low esteem”
If your partner is needy and you’re aloof, you’re in for a shitload of frustration. Take it from someone with ample experience. I’m not saying Ying and Yang don’t work anymore, but as a wise woman once said, “never date someone you have to mother.” Relationships are compatibility. Of course differences are welcome, and can be complementary, but more often than not, people at extreme temperamental poles are recipes for disaster.

“Class and Cash, baby!”
Class and money creates divides that no one likes to talk about because we’d like to think we’ve moved past it but that’s only denial. It’s funny because everyone has this idea of women going after rich men to become trophy wives. My people, I’ve seen the opposite happen. I’ve seen
girls become cripplingly insecure about their own status and feel stressed when they
couldn’t contribute financially. It comes down to having different lifestyles. If you date
someone who makes a shitload more money than you, chances are they go out to eat more,
they travel, they go to movies and concerts. They do all of these things you can’t afford to
do. So when that happens, you have to ask these questions, “are you comfortable scaling down your lifestyle for me, or am I okay with you paying for a lot of things?”

A Major Case of Inequality
People often say that in relationships, one person always has to love the other one more. I
used to think this was true but now I think it’s bullshit. If one person isn’t meeting the other person halfway, or at least making attempts to, then, in street-speak:
Na scam.

I once dated one fine sister like that, it was clear that if I was a flaming red, she was pale pink. Worst thing, she couldn’t make up her mind to break things off, and I decided I’d make do with what I got. The end of us was a huge mess.

Do you have any more pointers to a failing relationship? Let us know in the comments.

Source: http://www.cover9ja.com/2018/06/4-signs-your-relationship-is-headed-for.html

Re: 4 Signs Your Relationship Is Headed For Its Final Bus Stop by malware: 5:17am On Jun 05, 2018
I will not wait for the four to manifest before calling off the relationship, one is enough for me. No room for silly behaviours in relationships.

1 Like

Re: 4 Signs Your Relationship Is Headed For Its Final Bus Stop by ITbomb(m): 6:38am On Jun 05, 2018
malware:
I will not wait for the four to manifest before calling off the relationship, one is enough for me. No room for silly behaviours in relationships.
Same here bro
When I manage to listen to some radio phone in programs as callers call about issues in their relationship, my mind is like, "you saw all these signs from day 1 and you kept enduring?"

Me, I will confront it headon, if I can't solve it, we walk away
Re: 4 Signs Your Relationship Is Headed For Its Final Bus Stop by chiommy123(f): 6:47am On Jun 05, 2018
yes more pointers when they start telling you it's a mans world and before they start acting it run for your life. ^^^ you have not met someone that swept you off your feet, you will be waiting for the tenth and eleventh sign

2 Likes

Re: 4 Signs Your Relationship Is Headed For Its Final Bus Stop by OgahBohz: 7:03am On Jun 05, 2018
the poster above me is under-25..

I simply ask myself what I stand to gain , I don't folo any rules ...I just do my thing ...

relationship is like a thumb print ..its different for EVERYONE!

if what I am sacrificing is worth what I'm gaining then no qualms ...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

在2019年大 會下,選人說, Buhari總統穆 罕默德的責 任失敗daura / Breaking: I Heard... / I Need Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.