Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,061 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic (26193 Views)

Workers Protest Police Recruitment, Shut Down PSC Headquarters / Police Recruitment: 925 Names Smuggled Into Constable List - PSC / Recruitment: PSC Removes 925 Names From Constable List (2) (3) (4)

Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by WaleOsu(m): 8:14am On Jun 05, 2018
willibounce1:

Arts and agriculture is different from arabic language. We are nigerians and not arabs. We don't phucking need to answer and rubbish arabic questions. Do arabs set exams using igbo, hausa, yoruba, efik languages? You either set your questions in English language or any of the local nigerian languages. Islam should stop giving us unnecessary headaches in this country
The questions were not meant for them bro,thats what the man is trying to explain
JAMB was in charge of the exam,and the exams were arranged alphabetically in their database
you cant possibly be instructed to answer 180questions in 45minutes,they were instructed to answer ONLY English (60questions)

Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by WaleOsu(m): 8:15am On Jun 05, 2018
willibounce1:

Arts and agriculture is different from arabic language. We are nigerians and not arabs. We don't phucking need to answer and rubbish arabic questions. Do arabs set exams using igbo, hausa, yoruba, efik languages? You either set your questions in English language or any of the local nigerian languages. Islam should stop giving us unnecessary headaches in this country
People study Arabic in Nigeria,that explains why its there

Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by WaleOsu(m): 8:20am On Jun 05, 2018
willibounce1:

what language do muslims use generally for prayer? Please if you don't have common sense, do not quote me. I have asked a simple question. what business do we have with arabic language being set as exam questions?

If you set exam questions to be answered by nigerians and not arabs, why include arabic for whatever stupi.d reason. Whether the arabic questions are optional or not, it is totally useless and irrelevant. French is irrelevant too. That is the problem you have in your useless country. will france set any exam for their people using nigerian language?
There are students who study Arabic as a course in Nigeria sir,the Arabic part was meant for their JAMB entrance test
These ones were instructed to answer English ONLY (60questions in 45minutes),they obviously didnt read the instruction
And secondly,French universities might set questions with Nigerian languages if the languages are studied there...Yoruba studies(Yoruba language as well as Yoruba history and culture) is offered as a course at the Centre for African and African-American Studies,University of Texas...how do you expect their questions to be set?

Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by chikago1: 8:22am On Jun 05, 2018
malware:
I think religion is the major impediment to our growth as a Country. I have never seen a more religiously divided Country than Nigeria.

Religious bigots are waiting for the slightest opportunity to start displaying their hatred for the perceived rival religion.

Sometimes when I see this, I think we deserve the leaders we get in this Country.
you nailed it.

Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by Olabenjamen22(m): 8:25am On Jun 05, 2018
drlateef:

So, what about the cross in front of most hospital logos? We don't have that in hospitals abroad, not in UK, not in most parts of Europe? Ignorance is the problem of most religious bigots.

Are you talking about the private hospital or public hospitals,

what is this one saying again, Till today cross is still on hospital ambulance in UK and Europe. Sometime you people just type for typing sake. Trash
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by chikago1: 8:30am On Jun 05, 2018
drlateef:

So, what about the cross in front of most hospital logos? We don't have that in hospitals abroad, not in UK, not in most parts of Europe? Ignorance is the problem of most religious bigots.
It is not a cross o, it is a plus sign (as in the mathematical + which means add).

JOKE. grin
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by Nobody: 8:33am On Jun 05, 2018
malware:

They said the subjects are listed in alphabetical order, why don't you talk about Arts and Agriculture that are there too?

And you believed that so easily? Have you tried to confirm? The way PSC is dwelling on the matter means something, don't you think?
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by malware: 8:36am On Jun 05, 2018
willibounce1:

[s]what language do muslims use generally for prayer? [/s]Please if you don't have common sense, do not quote me. I have asked a simple question. what business do we have with arabic language being set as exam questions?

If you set exam questions to be answered by nigerians and not arabs, why include arabic for whatever stupi.d reason. Whether the arabic questions are optional or not, it is totally useless and irrelevant. French is irrelevant too. That is the problem you have in your useless country. will france set any exam for their people using nigerian language?

Arabic is one of the Jamb subjects answered by people who chose it, just like French and Chemistry, but in this case, nobody ask the police to attempt any of the subjects besides English. The subjects were there as dummies because removing them involves herculean programming works, so even if the candidates clicked on any of the dummy subjects, they will not open... Only English was active.

@ the cancelled, do we have Christian Arabs or we don't, what language do they speak?

Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by malware: 8:39am On Jun 05, 2018
SnowJay92:

And you believed that so easily? Have you tried to confirm? The way PSC is dwelling on the matter means something, don't you think?

I believe them, because I have no reason whatsoever to think otherwise.

Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by egorov(m): 8:43am On Jun 05, 2018
HigherEd:

People have been paying tithe before your mohammed got his so called revelation of islam so shut up. I hope you say this load of bs when muric comes to spout nonsense.

Being fleeced is way better than strapping themselves unto a bomb in hopes of 72 virgins whose virginity would be renewed everyday.
Lol. Ur last paragraph tho, its the zenith of stupidity and they rejoice in it
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by madridsta007(m): 8:46am On Jun 05, 2018
malware:

What can you say about French that is there too?

There are eight francophone Nations in West Africa with at least 3 sharing a border with Nigeria—
Mauritania, Senegal, Mali, French Guinea, Ivory Coast, now Burkina Faso, Benin Republic and Niger.

It goes without saying that any important English-speaking nation in West Africa who wants to seize the region by its neck, politically and economically, must know and understand the language of communication by its neighbors. In this case, French. I’m sure you know this. It is a strategic language and a strategic decision. Arabic would have been right if Nigeria was surrounded by Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and other Arab nations in the Middle East.
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by oscarwestcoast: 8:49am On Jun 05, 2018
We need to be spared all this noise about recruitment exams that the results are out and clearly shows what was done. I took time to examine results from Kaduna Gombe , IMO and Anambra . Do you know that Gombe had over 38% of the successful candidates as Christians? Do you know that Kaduna produced more Christians than Moslems ? Are you aware that not even 1% of selected candidates from IMO are northerners not to talk of Moslems. I even saw Igbo names in some northern states lists. Please please Nigerians should focus more on productive ventures and forget all this religious and ethnic battles that have not helped us for years. I am a Christian from IMO state and I can tell you that life in Gombe, a moslem controlled and dominated state is more palatable that living in IMO with over 99% Christians. Let's seek good leaders who will usher in good governance and all this cries will be gone for ever.

Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by malware: 8:53am On Jun 05, 2018
madridsta007:

There are eight francophone Nations in West Africa with at least 3 sharing a border with Nigeria—
Mauritania, Senegal, Mali, French Guinea, Ivory Coast, now Burkina Faso, Benin Republic and Niger.

It goes without saying that any important English-speaking nation in West Africa who wants to seize the region by its neck, politically and economically, must know and understand the language of communication by its neighbors. In this case, French. I’m sure you know this. It is a strategic language and a strategic decision. Arabic would have been right if Nigeria was surrounded by Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen and other Arab nations in the Middle East.

Nigeria is not sorrounded by Arab nations, but at least 50% of the population are Muslims, and they frequent Arab Countries.

If Muslims are fine with English, a language of the Christian nations, as the official language of the Country, I see no reason you guys should be agitated when Muslims study Arabic.
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by malware: 8:56am On Jun 05, 2018
oscarwestcoast:
We need to be spared all this noise about recruitment exams that the results are out and clearly shows what was done. I took time to examine results from Kaduna Gombe , IMO and Anambra . Do you know that Gombe had over 38% of the successful candidates as Christians? Do you know that Kaduna produced more Christians than Moslems ? Are you aware that not even 1% of selected candidates from IMO are northerners not to talk of Moslems. I even saw Igbo names in some northern states lists. Please please Nigerians should focus more on productive ventures and forget all this religious and ethnic battles that have not helped us for years. I am a Christian from IMO state and I can tell you that life in Gombe, a moslem controlled and dominated state is more palatable that living in IMO with over 99% Christians. Let's seek good leaders who will usher in good governance and all this cries will be gone for ever.

God bless you bros, you are an enlightened Christian.. I take it upon myself to deal with their bigotry. I still insist that religion is our major setback in the Country.

Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by Kajiang02(m): 9:00am On Jun 05, 2018
HigherEd:

People have been paying tithe before your mohammed got his so called revelation of islam so shut up. I hope you say this load of bs when muric comes to spout nonsense.

Being fleeced is way better than strapping themselves unto a bomb in hopes of 72 virgins whose virginity would be renewed everyday.

You spent more time analyzing his approach to religious issues and forgetting the discussion.
I'll hold CAN responsible if they actually dished out a press release on this matter without proper investigation.
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by willibounce1(m): 9:06am On Jun 05, 2018
malware:

Arabic is one of the Jamb subjects answered by people who chose it, just like French and Chemistry, but in this case, nobody ask the police to attempt any of the subjects besides English. The subjects were there as dummies because removing them involves herculean programming works, so even if the candidates clicked on any of the dummy subjects, they will not open... Only English was active.

@ the cancelled, do we have Christian Arabs or we don't, what language do they speak?

Nice one.Your explanations makes sense. But then it can still be removed. No need for dummy subjects when they are of no use.
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by willibounce1(m): 9:07am On Jun 05, 2018
WaleOsu:

Is yoruba and igbo there as well.
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by streamsofjoy(f): 9:17am On Jun 05, 2018
drlateef:

Any hospital u see a cross in front of is, or was a missionary hospital b4 the govt took it over.

Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by streamsofjoy(f): 9:27am On Jun 05, 2018
Neoteny:

If the victims of the bombing are people like you, totally worth it without even the 72 virgins.

As for your blind enrichment of conmen in anticipation of worldly gratification, well then, a fool and his money is are well parted.

No wonder your pastors swim in money and fly in gleaming planes while you folks sink deeper in decrepitude and misery.

2,000 years later you're still as ignorant as you were when you got conned by a few Jewish charlatans. Even more so.

There they go again. Thank ur god for "Daddyfreeze"
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by semyman: 9:29am On Jun 05, 2018
Even at that, what is wrong with answering questions in Arabic to weed out the thiefing ones corrupted by prosperity doctrines and 10% compulsory remittances
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by dom(m): 9:34am On Jun 05, 2018
So Arabic comes before Accounts alphabetically? I see.
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by Santorino(m): 9:43am On Jun 05, 2018
The PSC dosen't know what to say. If you have conducted JAMB exam as i have done, u will understand that one can only see questions relating to the subject he/she is writing.

If Arabic was seen there then it was intentionally put there for them to write. JAMB does not display list of subjects for your to Select. You will just see your questions as every body is writing the same module.

The Police Force is up to something. If Its arranged Alphabetically, E- English. so how did E come before A - Agric, A-Arabic, etc?
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by Ayaba03(f): 9:52am On Jun 05, 2018
walai, i just tire for this country. The man just explained that they were told to answer only English for 45mins, yet some still find it hard to comprehend. They are totally blind because they are religious and tribal bigot. This is why those useless politicians uses that as an instrument to divide us as a country. God help this generation
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by CoolAmbience(m): 9:52am On Jun 05, 2018
malware:

They said the subjects are listed in alphabetical order, why don't you talk about Arts and Agriculture that are there too?

You dey mind the illiterate?

I often times wonder what they gain from promoting bigotry.
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by islandmoon: 10:05am On Jun 05, 2018
BluntTheApostle:

Where is your proof that you can't submit until you answer Arabic?
someone i know wrote the exam , he told us
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by OlujobaSamuel: 10:22am On Jun 05, 2018
digitalheadline:

Accounting comes before Arabic bros....Open your eyes
it is Financial Accounting, I think.
maybe jamb should upload the screenshot of the subject order, we just like wahala for this kontiri
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by Yeeyo: 10:23am On Jun 05, 2018
chuksjuve:
What ever happened to Igbo , Yoruba and Hausa language being on the exam question?

Why Arabic? angry
U are very correct n some animal's are buzzy insulting u for speaking the truth

Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by digitalheadline(m): 10:32am On Jun 05, 2018
OlujobaSamuel:

it is Financial Accounting, I think.
maybe jamb should upload the screenshot of the subject order, we just like wahala for this kontiri
They said it's a dummy question just to ascertain if the test takers read instructions before answering question. Must it be arabic that should be used of all subjects in this country? We all know of the sensitivity of this fragile Nation.
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by chuksjuve(m): 10:33am On Jun 05, 2018
Yeeyo:
U are very correct n some animal's are buzzy insulting u for speaking the truth

I simply ignored them...

Don't have energy to quote people with basket intelligence ..

Thanks bro.
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by carinmom(f): 10:47am On Jun 05, 2018
WaleOsu:

Don't mind them, almost all federal universities and federal colleges of education in the north offer Arabic language as a course of study with lots of phd holders and professors in the field.
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by madridsta007(m): 10:54am On Jun 05, 2018
malware:

Nigeria is not sorrounded by Arab nations, but at least 50% of the population are Muslims, and they frequent Arab Countries.

If Muslims are fine with English, a language of the Christian nations, as the official language of the Country, I see no reason you guys should be agitated when Muslims study Arabic.

The 50% Muslims do not speak Arabic. Having lived for 20 years in the core North and transversed the North on official visits, I think I know a thing.

They speak Hausa, Kanuri, Fulfude, largely, asides the smaller minorities.

English isn’t a “language of Christian nations.” The most “Christian of a nation”, is the Vatican. They speak Italian. The larger Italy speak Italian.

English is the language of most nations colonised by the British. Simple history.

Again, before this is obscured and the religion element smartly brought into it, this isn’t an argument about Muslims learning Arabic.

It is about a national institution being subtly colonialised by Arabs and Arabic.
Re: Police Recruitment: PSC Speaks On Candidates ‘writing Exam In Arabic by WaleOsu(m): 11:09am On Jun 05, 2018
willibounce1:

Is yoruba and igbo there as well.
Yoruba is there for sure,people study yoruba as a course in the university...I dont know about igbo though,but if igbo is studied as a course in the university then its there for sure

2018 WAEC Marking Date And Centres Released! / N-power Batch C: Unsuccessful N-power Batch C Applicants Moved To Stream 2 / Air Force Institute Of Technology (AFIT) Kaduna Recruitment For Academic Jobs

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57