Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,592 members, 7,820,125 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Is Online Dating Right? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is Online Dating Right? (3274 Views)

Rules In Dating Right / Secondary School Dating Right Or Wrong / Double Dating - Right or Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Online Dating Right? by sexi: 3:21am On May 31, 2010
is it ever possible for one to find true love online?
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by Nobody: 3:38am On May 31, 2010
IT depends, ! but the only true love come's from our father in heaven,

Re: Is Online Dating Right? by shakerz1: 4:02am On May 31, 2010
lool you can't trust people behind that damn screen
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by Nobody: 7:07am On May 31, 2010
@poster
in today's world, there is nothing wrong with online dating as long as:
1) you dont rely on it only to meet a partner.
2)[/b]you understand that it should only be a way to get the first contact with someone,the rest should be face to face.
[b]3)
you understand that many people misrepresent themselves and therefore you should accept that anyone could be typing on the other side of that screen, even your grandmother.
4)[/b]not everybody is right/ready for online dating.
[b]5)
its a well known fact that more than 40% of people using online dating are either married or already in a relationship.
6) if you are not the most attractive man out there and some hot chick contacts you out of the blue, its probably a scam!

Re: Is Online Dating Right? by Africanqueen2(f): 7:46am On May 31, 2010
MRbrownJAY:

@poster
in today's world, there is nothing wrong with online dating as long as:
1) you dont rely on it only to meet a partner.
2)[/b]you understand that it should only be a way to get the first contact with someone,the rest should be face to face.
[b]3)
you understand that many people misrepresent themselves and therefore you should accept that anyone could be typing on the other side of that screen, even your grandmother.
4)[/b]not everybody is right/ready for online dating.
[b]5)
its a well known fact that more than 40% of people using online dating are either married or already in a relationship.
6) if you are not the most attractive man out there and some hot chick contacts you out of the blue, its probably a scam!
7) He/she may be only interested in having a fling.
cool99.9% of what he/she is saying might be a lie, . . . .
The list goes on and on. . . The disadvantage is way higher than the advantage. . . Is it right to date online? I'll say it depends on you. . . But always expect the worse so u won't be disappointed. . .
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by Busybrain007: 8:25am On May 31, 2010
In online dating u see wat u dnt xpect so to me is sometym bad
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by Onchedu(m): 8:34am On May 31, 2010
Well MrBrownJay and Africanqueen have neatly summarised it.
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by zebra543: 9:00am On May 31, 2010
when u say online dating do you mean dating sites? or meeting up ith someone on a site like this or facebook? Online dating is not wrong, people meet thier spouses online every day. I just dont think it should be replace conventional dating. People are spending more time behind the computers and less time out on the road! so your chances of 'knowing' your partner even less! no2 your nigerian, 99% of the men you come across will most likely be scammers, and women most likely prostitutes! I wont advise it but its not actually all bad undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Is Online Dating Right? by indie22(f): 9:10am On May 31, 2010
Don't know about online dating being right or wrong, all I know is that it can be highly fustrating, so if u feel you're strong enough to handle all the shite that comes with it then by all means go for it!
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by justwise(m): 11:38am On May 31, 2010
zebra543:

when u say online dating do you mean dating sites? or meeting up ith someone on a site like this or facebook? Online dating is not wrong, people meet thier spouses online every day. I just dont think it should be replace conventional dating. People are spending more time behind the computers and less time out on the road! so your chances of 'knowing' your partner even less! no2 your nigerian, 99% of the men you come across will most likely be scammers, and women most likely love-peddlers! I wont advise it but its not actually all bad undecided undecided undecided

If you really believe that then the only part of ur brain cell that works has failed you.
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by justwise(m): 11:43am On May 31, 2010
@op,

Online dating is not bad, it works for some pple and for some pple its a nightmare.

Things have changed, meeting online is a starting point, same pple you meet online could be sitting next you in church, lecture rooms etc. Scammers/419ners you meet on the street don't carry sign post.

One can meet his/her love anywhere including online.
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by nairaner(m): 5:17pm On Jun 07, 2010
,   and i believe the facebook ad advertising http//www.ncsnonline.com has been made to achieve this purpose.  grin
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by Creamish(f): 6:10pm On Jun 07, 2010
works for some peeps sha . . d others just get duped. met some good friends online sha. . iv limited mine to just friends. smiley
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by kokonets(m): 6:13pm On Jun 07, 2010
^^^^ Hello wink
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by yme1(f): 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2010
just make sure you use your head
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by Creamish(f): 6:48pm On Jun 07, 2010
kokonets:

^^^^ Hello wink

HOWDY? smiley
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by Nobleangel1(f): 9:05am On Nov 25, 2011
I beliv it wrks 4 some ppl while it dsnt wrk 4 others.
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by Nobleangel1(f): 9:51am On Nov 25, 2011
It wrks out 4 some ppl & dsnt wrk 4 others.
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by OsbornTyler7: 10:42am On Jul 08, 2022
The attraction of a Ukrainian mail order bride can be high because of the country's long history of love affairs. Ukrainian mail order brides are ambitious and determined to fulfill their life goals. Many of them are neatly dressed and apply makeup. You can also deliver flowers or gifts to your ukrainian mail order bride. You'll love the way she dresses and acts. Ukraine mail order brides can also speak your language and will make your life complete.
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by AstroZombby09: 1:25pm On Sep 22, 2022
I almost always know what to expect from life. But for some reason, relationships never entered this sphere. So when I was asked on a date how many children I want, how I feel about the joint family budget, I was a little confused. Perhaps it is really time to think about what I would like in a serious relationship, what will suit me, and what I will not tolerate? Are these questions about expectations?
Re: Is Online Dating Right? by DonnyD24hj: 2:51pm On Sep 22, 2022
Hello. Yes, precisely such questions usually arise in couples when the period of falling in love passes and you have to think about everyday matters. And then comes the moment of truth, and have you guessed your partner without discussing such important relationship expectations? So if you are in doubt whether you have thought about everything, here is a detailed article https://entrepreneursbreak.com/what-relationship-expectations-do-people-have-nowadays.html here are the five most common topics in partner expectations, but believe them much more can be extracted.

(1) (Reply)

1 / Baby Mama Vs Single Parent... / Why We Still Dont Understand Ladies(picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.