Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,145 members, 7,835,834 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:49 PM

Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! - Foreign Affairs (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (26379 Views)

Man Arrested For Overtaking Ugandan's Vice President's Convoy (photos) / Cameroon Fires Two Army Officers After Boko Haram raids! / Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 11:46pm On Jun 05, 2010
[size=16pt]Call for economic boycott of Israel[/size]

Hundreds of activists from across Britain marched through central London on Saturday demanding an economic boycott of Israel to force it to lift its blockade of Gaza.
Raising anti-Israeli slogans and carrying banners that said “End the siege of Gaza,” “Free Palestine” and “Justice will prevail,” protesters also urged the United Nations to impose sanctions against Israel for not implementing its resolution calling for an end to the blockade.
The march, jointly organised by Palestinian and anti-war groups, started from Downing Street and culminated into a noisy protest at the Israeli embassy which has been a scene of violent confrontations in the past.
Protesters included activists who were on the Gaza aid flotilla controversially raided by Israeli commandos earlier in the week.
Addressing the rally at the embassy, they said the number of people killed in the Israeli raid was more than nine. Six activists, they claimed, were still missing. Ismael Patel of Friends of al-Aqsa group said the attack was wholly “unprovoked.” “No warning was given,” he said demanding an independent international inquiry.
In a statement, organisers of the march called for a public boycott of Israeli goods.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Cohomology: 11:50pm On Jun 05, 2010
Though America continues her utterly foolish support of evil Israel, the rest of the world should start a massive campaign to isolate evil Israel.

Iran MUST develop nuclear weapons to forestall evil Israel's barbaric penchant to kill innocent civilians in cold blood.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by BOMANY: 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2010
[size=16pt]Israeli government office apologizes for mock flotilla video[/size]

By the CNN Wire Staff

(CNN) -- The Israeli government's press division is apologizing for circulating a link to a video that mocks activists aboard a ship headed to Gaza earlier this week that was blocked by an Israeli raid.

"Due to a misunderstanding on our part, earlier (Friday) we inadvertently issued a video link that had been sent for our perusal," according to a statement from Israel's Government Press Office, which distributed the link to media outlets.

"It was not intended for general release," the statement said. "The contents of the video in no way represent the official policy of either the Government Press Office or of the State of Israel."

The video, titled "We Con the World" -- set to the tune of the 1985 hit, "We are the World"-- was put together by Caroline Glick, a former member of the Israel Defense Forces and columnist for the Jerusalem Post.

In the video, up to a dozen members of the so-called "Flotilla Choir" -- some wearing a variation of traditional Arab dress -- sing satirical verses, such as: "There's no people dying, so the best that we can do is create the biggest bluff of all."

On her blog, Glick, who briefly appears in the video, says, "We produced a clip in English. There we feature the Turkish-Hamas 'love boat' captain, crew and passengers in a musical explanation of how they con the world."

"We think this is an important Israeli contribution to the discussion of recent events and we hope you distribute it far and wide," she adds.

Nine Turkish citizens were killed Monday after violence erupted on one of six ships in a flotilla carrying humanitarian aid to the Palestinian Gaza Strip. A number of other people were wounded. Israel said the passengers initiated the attack; the passengers blamed the troops.

That incident drew widespread condemnation and cast a spotlight on the dynamics of the Gaza crisis. On Saturday, Israel intercepted the final boat that was part of the flotilla, though the incident aboard the Irish-owned MV Rachel Corrie ended peacefully about 22 miles off the Gaza coast.

Israeli government spokesman Mark Regev dismissed the the video link, saying, "The GPO sends out lots of articles. It doesn't mean they like it."

Regev said he first noticed the video on the New York Times website.

"I called my kids in to watch it because I thought it was funny," he said. "It is what Israelis feel. But the government has nothing to do with it. The GPO distributes non-government items, things that we think that show our side of the story."

It was not the first time the Israeli GPO stirred controversy with its public communications on the Gaza flotilla.

Prior to the storming of the Turkish ship, the GPO sent an e-mail to journalists sarcastically recommending that while covering "alleged humanitarian difficulties," journalists should dine at one of Gaza's few restaurants.

"We have been told the beef stroganoff and cream of spinach soup are highly recommended," the e-mail said.

The message included an internet link to an old promotional video for the restaurant. The e-mail drew criticism from the foreign press and pro-Palestinian activists.

In an interview with the Jerusalem Post, GPO director Danny Seaman defended the communication, arguing that foreign media coverage of Gaza was not balanced.
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/06/05/gaza.flotilla.mock.video/
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Cohomology: 11:52pm On Jun 05, 2010
BOMANY:

Hundreds of activists from across Britain marched through central London on Saturday demanding an economic boycott of Israel to force it to lift its blockade of Gaza.
Raising anti-Israeli slogans and carrying banners that said “End the siege of Gaza,” “Free Palestine” and “Justice will prevail,” protesters also urged the United Nations to impose sanctions against Israel for not implementing its resolution calling for an end to the blockade.
The march, jointly organised by Palestinian and anti-war groups, started from Downing Street and culminated into a noisy protest at the Israeli embassy which has been a scene of violent confrontations in the past.
Protesters included activists who were on the Gaza aid flotilla controversially raided by Israeli commandos earlier in the week.
Addressing the rally at the embassy, they said the number of people killed in the Israeli raid was more than nine. Six activists, they claimed, were still missing. Ismael Patel of Friends of al-Aqsa group said the attack was wholly “unprovoked.” “No warning was given,” he said demanding an independent international inquiry.
In a statement, organisers of the march called for a public boycott of Israeli goods.

Except for some foolish brain-washed Christian fundamentalist and some extremist Jews, the rest of the world condemns evil Israel's Zionist oppression of innocent Muslims and Christians in Gaza.

Jehovah's wrath on evil Israel is near!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by netotse(m): 11:56pm On Jun 05, 2010
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_the_Gaza_Strip

ok. . .i read the wikipedia article and from it i can see that israel is restricting the amount and types of aid that is allowed into gaza, i mean why should you turn stuff back because it is a luxury?

that said. . .i still dont blame them for the events on the ship!

BOMANY:

i just might not be off the mark. . .you emboldened the headline and then pasted an entirely different article under it, are you trying to mislead people?

post edited, romany corrected himself
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 11:59pm On Jun 05, 2010
netotse:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_the_Gaza_Strip

ok. . .i read the wikipedia article and from it i can see that israel is restricting the amount and types of aid that is allowed into gaza, i mean why should you turn stuff back because it is a luxury?

that said. . .i still dont blame them for the events on the ship!

i just might not be off the mark. . .you emboldened the headline and then pasted an entirely different article under it, are you trying to mislead people?

post edited, romany corrected himself

I've tried to post excepts of that article but the spambot keeps gobbling it. read down to the reaction of the United Nations; the whole blockade thing is shocking and evil.

Here's the link;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_the_Gaza_Strip#United_Nations
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Romeo4real(m): 12:02am On Jun 06, 2010
I see Israel has unleashed its propaganda machine full force in NL. Davidylan, you and your cohorts -Frosbel, Mariory, MadLady are mendacious, duplicitous charlatans. You have all been spreading spurious information on these threads for a while. We know it is normal procedure for Israel to put posters onto various threads spreading untrue information, after they commit any barbaric acts.

Let NairaLanders see how life in Gaza truly is.

Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by nopuqeater: 12:04am On Jun 06, 2010
@davidylan; « #656 on: Today at 06:07:37 AM »  
Quote from: Cohomology on Today at 06:00:54 AM
@davidylan,
Don't get it confused. I'm not a Muslim, I'm a Christian.
u're definitely no christian. These statements here -
May God punish Israel!
Quote from: Cohomology on Today at 05:39:15 AM
Yep, they probably want to harvest the bodies for organs. Evil people.
Those animals better release the rest of the peace activists - dead or alive.
are totally at odds with the bible and the christian God. Its either you are making a claim to be "christian" as a smokescreen for your evil anti-jewish diatribe or you're merely a christian in name only.
This is not about religion, it's about human rights, justice, fairness and equity.
We arent fooled by the continued abuse of these words by clearly evil folks like you . . . where is the "human rights, justice, fairness and equity" in this statement from you?
Quote from: Cohomology on Today at 05:37:08 AM
God knows that I'm not going to shed one tear the day we'll hear of a massive dawn bombing of Tel-Aviv with massive casualty figures.
you mean the lives of "massive numbers" of jews mean NOTHING to you? So those innocent folks do not deserve any equity, fairness and justice? you're nothing but a despicable hypocrite.
On religious issues, I support Christianity, the religion of my choice. I believe in the Bible as the most important book in the universe.
lol you're not a christian at all.
I support Israel's right to exist and defend herself, but I pray that Jehovah punishes them for their wickedness.
For killing 9 terrorists? And i'm sure you've prayed for "punishment" for the dude in London who murdered at least 20 completely innocent folks right?
Jehovah has punished them many times in the past for their well documented evil, betrayal and wickedness in the Bible. Abi I lie?
All I'm begging God is for one more severe punishment on Israel!
lol you know i said u're no christian at all.
the bolded are responses from davidylan. whats the significance of these? Jesus himself blamed the Jews. Jesus himself cursed the Jews. So did King David.

If davidylan is right in his characterization of Cohomology, davidylan will also have to be right as the same indictment is on Jesus as it will be on Cohomology from Davidylan's mouth, or his thinking. Who is the Christian God, again? You fate i sealed davidylan since you are unable to separate reality from abject ignorance that beseige you of Christianity, a religion that you say you belong to. Jesus called the Jews "evil people and vipers", among other horrible qualities. Go back and read the Bible, because this is a monment for you to do that and what will Jesus do?

I will now stop responding to you since you think with your bottom.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by netotse(m): 12:05am On Jun 06, 2010
Beaf:

I've tried to post excepts of that article but the spambot keeps gobbling it. read down to the reaction of the United Nations; the whole blockade thing is shocking and evil.

Here's the link;
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blockade_of_the_Gaza_Strip#United_Nations

i read the entire thing. . .yep truth be told from the article, it seems israel has gone about it in a way that causes avoidable suffering to many, i'm sure if they wanted hey could avoid that. . .

however those pseudo-activists have only served to make matters worse.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Romeo4real(m): 12:08am On Jun 06, 2010
And oh, this boy is really enjoying life!

Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 12:11am On Jun 06, 2010
netotse:

i read the entire thing. . .yep truth be told from the article, it seems israel has gone about it in a way that causes avoidable suffering to many, i'm sure if they wanted hey could avoid that. . .

however those pseudo-activists have only served to make matters worse.

The activists set out to throw light on the gross injustices in Gaza (more than merely provide aid) and have succeeded beyond their wildest dreams, simply because Israel does not understand restraint and as expected, employed a barbaric degree of violence. With that singular Israeli action, the activists have been justified.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by netotse(m): 12:21am On Jun 06, 2010
you see beaf, this is where i take issues with you lot. . .their goal wasn't to expose jack, their goal was to provoke israel and make them look bad, i'm sure there are better ways to expose such things.

y'all refuse to admit that the first set of activists were a scam, the second despite all the evidence that has been amassed, can you honestly say you agree intoto with all the 'activists' did? you lot have consistently refused to answer that question, er'time it's asked y'all come up with a post about how israel is the spawn of lucifer and all. . .
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Romeo4real(m): 12:32am On Jun 06, 2010
Oh, and this girl too,

and her,

And this Mother and her family. See how life in Gaza is sooooooooo good for all of them!

Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 12:34am On Jun 06, 2010
netotse:

you see beaf, this is where i take issues with you lot. . .their goal wasn't to expose jack, their goal was to provoke israel and make them look bad, i'm sure there are better ways to expose such things.

y'all refuse to admit that the first set of activists were a scam, the second despite all the evidence that has been amassed, can you honestly say you agree intoto with all the 'activists' did? you lot have consistently refused to answer that question, er'time it's asked y'all come up with a post about how israel is the spawn of lucifer and all. . .

"Spawn of lucifer"? shocked
. . .Anyways, I have always pointed out that Western protesters are the most provocative, difficult and tenacious bunch of people you can ever come across. Like I said in a reply to you above, the protesters set out to expose certain things and they have succeeded brilliantly, because Israel reacted overwhelmingly disproportionate violence and bravado. Why the need for helicopters? Why raid at night? Why have navy seals in dinghies performing crazy stunts and zig-zagging around civilian boats? We are talking about the special forces units of a developed country here, not some rag tag militia.

Have you seen the way the same country boarded the Rachel Corrie today? It was civilisation to the core; why such a vast difference in one week? Perhaps, they are learning to drop thuggish behaviour.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Afam(m): 12:58am On Jun 06, 2010
Obviously we have some misguided christian fundamentalists here that are simply evil and think that what it takes to be a good christian is support for Israel even if Israel is killing innocent people which is wrong by the same bible principles these evil beings are supposed to be following.

To make matters worse they are incapable of any form of critical thinking and what they see as facts are press releases from Israel. Real shame.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by netotse(m): 1:05am On Jun 06, 2010
Beaf:

"Spawn of lucifer"? shocked
. . .Anyways, I have always pointed out that Western protesters are the most provocative, difficult and tenacious bunch of people you can ever come across. Like I said in a reply to you above, the protesters set out to expose certain things and they have succeeded brilliantly, because Israel reacted overwhelmingly disproportionate violence and bravado. Why the need for helicopters? Why raid at night? Why have navy seals in dinghies performing crazy stunts and zig-zagging around civilian boats? We are talking about the special forces units of a developed country here, not some rag tag militia.

Have you seen the way the same country boarded the Rachel Corrie today? It was civilisation to the core[b]; why such a vast difference in one week? [/b]Perhaps, they are learning to drop thuggish behaviour.

could it be because the charities sponsoring the 2nd round of ships are known to abhor violence and have no links to the IHH(or whatever their name is) which supports hamas?

you said 'western protesters are. . .', how many western protesters do you see in the videos shown? esp the ones depicting the violence? as i said, your 'western protesters' allowed themselves to be used as pawns in a game that had far more at stake than bags of rice!

P.S. 'you western protesters. . .' doesn't mean anything, you're dodging the question, as usual. . .DO YOU AGREE WITH WHAT THE ACTIVISTS DID? i.e. if you were involved, would you go about it the same way?

oh. . .and the spawn of evil part refers to coho-whats-his-name and his God punish israel rants. . .funny fella!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 1:09am On Jun 06, 2010
^
Yes I agree with the activists a 100%. Every human has a duty to stand up to wickedness and injustice.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by netotse(m): 1:25am On Jun 06, 2010
Beaf:

^
Yes I agree with the activists a 100%. Every human has a duty to stand up to wickedness and injustice.

there you see. . .it wasn't that hard

simply means you just might be the kinda person that'd steal from your boss and say it was because he underpaid you. . .to me, what's wrong is wrong, they attacked the soldiers and some people died, if they hadn't attacked the soldiers would there have been casualties?

anyway i'm done with this thread, it sickens me when i see people that feel that other people have to be wrong for them to be right.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Demainman1: 1:32am On Jun 06, 2010
24 pages and still going. What does this war remind of ooo? Let me think! Isreal and Arabs!!!! e no go ever end, Na ur fault! No, na ur fault and on and on and on and on --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Beaf: 2:26am On Jun 06, 2010
netotse:

there you see. . .it wasn't that hard

simply means you just might be the kinda person that'd steal from your boss and say it was because he underpaid you. . .to me, what's wrong is wrong, they attacked the soldiers and some people died, if they hadn't attacked the soldiers would there have been casualties?

anyway i'm done with this thread, it sickens me when i see people that feel that other people have to be wrong for them to be right.

What wasn't that hard? You didn't even need to ask the question, my position has been obvious to the blind all this time.

Pertinent question; what is injustice? You might not have a clue.
Maybe you steal from your boss or even worse, allow them to slap you around and sleep with your woman; all because he gives you a check at months end. Injustice? Maybe you have no clue; I value life and you don't and that defines the difference of opinion we have.

Unfortunately, the bolded is correct (obvious even to kids), so prepare to be sick all your life.
You're leaving the thread? Bye! I'm crying. grin
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by dayokanu(m): 5:19am On Jun 06, 2010
The real activist and flotilla were directed to the port of Ashdod without any scene. Israel recognises the right of people to disagree and the activists would be flown to their respective countries.

Can we compare this attitude to the knife and metal rod wielding activists in the first flottilla

Thou shall see the truth and it would set you free
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by madlady(f): 5:26am On Jun 06, 2010
Beaf:

Wa ya seh!
What part of Jamaica are you from (I've got connections to Nutts River area. . . We the country bumkins wink).

I can understand your being a Judaism [b]convert, but thats not the same as being a Jew (I mean genetically). [/b]

Uk born/St Andrews origin.Of course we have connections (all black peeps are one wink)

I am not a convert (so you do not know jamo/Jews de bout,google us and Nigerian Jews)

@Beaf, the 1st flotilla wanted conflict they planned and instigated the whole debacle. I am very sorry that people died. cry
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Tudor6(f): 6:23am On Jun 06, 2010
Romeo4real:

Oh, and this girl too,

and her,

And this Mother and her family. See how life in Gaza is sooooooooo good for all of them!

ohhhh. . .according to your pictures, this is how EVERYDAY life is in gaza. . .geez

i wonder why we still have millions of people still alive therein. Damn doz gazans must spawn like frogs, right?

Rubbish! Try again abeg!
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Sagamite(m): 10:02am On Jun 06, 2010
dayokanu:

The real activist and flotilla were directed to the port of Ashdod without any scene.  Israel recognises the right of people to disagree and the activists would be flown to their respective countries.

Can we compare this attitude to the knife and metal rod wielding activists in the first flottilla

Thou shall see the truth and it would set you free

You really believe everything the IDF tell you? These are the "real activists"?

What is the difference between the passengers on this ship and those on the flotilla?

Is it not the case that Isreal is now demonstrating more sense as I said they should have done earlier by only boarding the ship when it is in Isreali/Gaza waters?

Instead of intimidating the flotilla passengers in the dark IN INTERNATIONAL WATERS by badgering then storming it like some action film.

Now they know how to have sense and not act illegally?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by joeycrack: 11:20am On Jun 06, 2010
You could make an ideological case for both sides, I choose to look at the causalities and people affected.

You could say the soldiers had a right to defend themselves, the same can be said of the activists on board who had the right to defend themselves when a group of soldiers with guns illegally descended on their boat at 4.30am with an aim to physically and illegally divert their boat away from a coast that they have illegally blocked for nearly two years.

You could argue why have knife and sticks on board of a peace flotilla, you could also point out that when a group of westerners attacked Somali pirates with those same weapons, they were labelled heroes. Truth is we only have a rough idea of what happened and you can debate who incited the violence, some even claim the activists were waving white flags before IDF boarded but,

the indisputable fact is the 9 people that died on that flotilla were the activists, including a 19 year old who was shot in the head 4 times. The same can be said for the recent Gaza attacks where over 1,000 Palestinians were killed including 500 children. Which is where my problem lies, Israel has developed a record of over-reacting as far as possible even exceeding the limits of international tolerance.

Israel's belligerence is historic. It is one of the biggest violators of international law. Even its allies are coming out in condemnation.

To those who argue for Israel on the basis of them being a democracy among non-democratic states, I'll say the more worrying thing is how much a government is getting away with in spite of being democratically elected.

If anyone dares to disagree with the Israeli state, they are anti-semitic, socialists, Jihadist or fools. We need to stop this age-old mentality that the world is out to get Israeli Jews. As long as this is fuelled by one side and exploited by the other, it's difficult to see how this can end.

Yes there may be a touch of double standard on how Israels actions are portrayed but that in itself is no justification for those actions.

As far as I'm concerned, both Hamas and Israel are war criminals that should be tried but I cry foul when 1.5 million Palestinians bear a far disproportional amount of the pain and are denied their basic human rights.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by ElRazur: 11:23am On Jun 06, 2010
joeycrack:

You could make an ideological case for both sides, I choose to look at the causalities and people affected.

As far as I'm concerned, both Hamas and Israel are war criminals that should be tried

Those are the two main points in my opinion.

In my experience, pointing fingers, taking sides etc yields nothing but endless bickering online. The same approach in real life have yielded little or no result over a century.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 06, 2010
Anybody can post pictures of dead children (thank God they are all Heaven bound), but only a SICK MIND will use these pictures of children and babies to make an argument about a totally unrelated incident.

I can get dozens of pictures that show Jews blown up to bits and pieces by Hamas terrorists, with limbs and all dangling. But I chose not to descend to the base level of some people here.

The people in Gaza elected a murderous regime thinking that they were going to inflict more pain on Israel. Unfortunately many Gaza people now hate these hamas overlords, who control and micro manage almost every aspect of their lives.

It is these same Hamas so called warriors, that hide behind women and children to attack Israel military convoys, when Israel retaliates the likes of Beaf and the totally misguided Afam start to demonstrate, thinking that it makes them humane and on the right side of history.

[b]Radical [/b]Islam is the greatest threat to human existence in this current time, not the state of Israel.

Only anti-Semites and ignoramuses think otherwise.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Sagamite(m): 11:45am On Jun 06, 2010
joeycrack:

As far as I'm concerned, both Hamas and Israel are war criminals that should be tried but I cry foul when 1.5 million Palestinians bear a far disproportional amount of the pain and are denied their basic human rights.

ElRazur:

Those are the two main points in my opinion.

In my experience, pointing fingers, taking sides etc yields nothing but endless bickering online. The same approach in real life have yielded little or no result over a century.

I COMPLETELY AGREE!

What I will not tolerate is the rightful condemnation of Hamas and then the excusing for the ill-judged, intentional evil Isreal engages in at times and then turn to PR.

I support Isreal but I will NOT OVERLOOK any evil that they do.

FACT: Hamas are terrorists and Isreal is a State Terrorist a lot of times.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Ikomi(m): 11:55am On Jun 06, 2010
Sagamite:

Another meaningles statement, this guys will not kill me.  cheesy

Define Terrorism, after that tell us how you could be a terrorist at one time and not at some other time.
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Sagamite(m): 12:03pm On Jun 06, 2010
Ikomi:

Another meaningles statement, this guys will not kill me.  cheesy

Define Terrorism, after that tell us how you could be a terrorist at one time and not at some other time.

Let me try and make it meaningful for you.

Check meaning of terrorism in dictionary to start with.

When Isreal is under attack and make legitimate attempts to protect themselves with genuine attempt to attack the infidel-killers (e.g. Hamas or Hizbollah) whilst aiming for minimum collateral. That is self-protection.

When Isreal decides that they will protect themselves with actions that is not directly targeted at Hamas or Hizbollah but aimed to punish Palestines/Lebanese as a whole, even if this is done because they could not isolate infidel-killers, that is State terrorism. The bulldozing of homes irrespective of whether linked to Hamas, the blowing up of social infrastructure like Water and Electricity or using Phosphorous bombs in built up areas overwhelmingly filled with non-combatants etc, THAT IS STATE TERRORISM.

Do you comprehend or do you want me to explain it in Ijesha?
Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Ikomi(m): 12:11pm On Jun 06, 2010
Sagamite:

You may go on and explain your nonsence.  cheesy

Let me tell you why what you have written is straight nonsence.

Terrorism: the systematic use of terror as a means of coercion.

So if I apply the act of terror to coerce my enemies last week and wait till next month to apply it again, there is nothing like being a terrorist sometimes, its just down right terrorism.

So correct your statement and dont try to explain away rubbish:

Sagamite:

Re: Israel Fires On Unarmed Aid Convoy. Many Dead! by Sagamite(m): 12:18pm On Jun 06, 2010
Ikomi:

You may go on and explain your nonsence.  cheesy

Let me tell you why what you have written is straight nonsence.

Terrorism: the systematic use of terror as a means of coercion.

So if I apply the act of terror to coerce my enemies last week and wait till next month to apply it again, there is nothing like being a terrorist sometimes, its just down right terrorism.

So correct your statement and dont try to explain away rubbish:

It is your lack of comprehension that is a problem.

Isreal is taking a series of actions, some are geniune, some are terrorist especially as it is a national army. It is important and imperative to distinguish between the genuine and the terror WITHOUT castigating/diminishing/disregarding Isreals right to defend itself, hence the use of "a lot of times".

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (Reply)

Tonga Hit By Tsunami After Underwater Volcano Erupts (Photos, Video) / Tennessee Floods: 15 Killed Including Twin Toddlers, More Than 30 Missing(Pix) / Mugabe's 2nd Wife Is Cheating On Him With A Younger Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.