Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,899 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police (98600 Views)

Offa Bank Robbery: Saraki Reacts To Being Implicated & Linked To The Robbery / AUDIO: Offa Bank Robbery Suspect Confesses To Be Working For Saraki / Offa Bank Robbery: What Suspects Said To Implicate Saraki – Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Jeezuzpick(m): 7:55pm On Jun 06, 2018
Sterope:
Law aside

An unknown guy that was awfully close to him during his daughter's wedding? That is interesting.

The IGP also planned for the guys to rob the banks and kill over 25 people. More interesting!

I like Saraki anyways. He does not try hard to be what he is not. I look forward to his gameplan.

The law doesn't have to make scientific sense sometimes.

Its the court that will decide this, not a committee of professors.

Question 1: Is this photograph enough evidence that Saraki sponsored the hoodlums? If the answer is yes, then if your classmate is a yahoo boy and you appeared in a photo with him, you're his boss?

Question 2: Why did this picture show up in the police's hands at such an opportune time among the thousands obviously taken at that event? Believe it or not, a lawyer van argue that the convenient appearance if this photo should be called to question.

1 Like

Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by israelmao(m): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
People cloud wave lie for years to make it look like truth.A set-up can take many forms ,they took their time to hatch their secret plan.
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by phlame(m): 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
nuele:
With the evidence provided so far. The senate president has a case to answer.

undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Lexusgs430: 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2018
Jaideyone:
can you attend the SP's daughter's wedding and get that close to him when you don't have a personal relationship with him?

Does closeness naturally interpret guilty?
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Sterope(f): 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2018
No. It is not enough. However that is not what the suspects are alleging. You can read up for that.

I's question number 2 supposed to be a trick question?

Jeezuzpick:

The law doesn't have to make scientific sense sometimes.

Its the court that will decide this, not a committee of professors.

Question 1: Is this photograph enough evidence that Saraki sponsored the hoodlums?

Question 2: Why did this picture show up in the police's hands at such an opportune time among the thousands obviously taken at that event?
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Jaideyone(m): 8:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
maestroferddi:
Your mumu never do?
what is this illiterate saying? get lost pls
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by ivandragon: 8:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
Jeezuzpick:

Substitute Miyetti Allah for Boko Haram, then read your post again, knowing full well that Miyetti Allah has been venting about Anti-grazing legislation and PMB is their life patron!

6 & half a dozen I would say...

the killer herdsmen are the faction that broke away from BH after they achieved the aim of 'installing' a sympathetic president...
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
Sterope:
No. It is not enough. However that is not what the suspects are alleging. You can read up for that.

I's question number 2 supposed to be a trick question?

The allegation is that Saraki sponsored the goons' nefarious activities while he was governor. That's more than three years ago, and, seriously, the police had better come up with something better than a photograph.

Question 2 is a rhetorical question.
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by maestroferddi: 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
Jaideyone:
what is this illiterate saying? get lost pls
But you accepted you are a mumu...
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Jaideyone(m): 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
maestroferddi:
But you accepted you are a mumu...
sssshhhhuuuu... pest
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by miceroms: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
In actual fact, you can never separate thugs from politicians particularly those who are in public office. If you don’t ask for them, they will naturally court you.
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by georgeceekay: 8:08pm On Jun 06, 2018
I have come across an argument that the robbers could be saraki's thugs that went out of their way to rob a bank as touts they ordinarily are. It made sense to me at the time.

On a second thought, I have wondered how come the coincide that it has happened in the time Nigerians seem to have been expecting it. One can argue its witch hunting. Frame up season.

The police unfortunately is right to say, is compromised because of the IGP relationship with the senate, so there could just be a perfected lodgical plan and proves to back their story. The police can plot a crime, if they are after you.

In the end it is just a sad story.
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by MPESA(m): 8:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
sonnie10:
Is Saraki responsible for what people do in their private time?

The argument here is so dumb. What this means is that people should be held accountable for the activities of every guest that ever attended their event.
God bless you.
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by OlaEkundayo: 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
This is complete hogwash.

Do you know how many people will attend someone's daughter's wedding and buy "aso ebi" that the person doesn't know. This is Africa.

Do your job. Show call records between the two of them or photographs of them in a private meeting. Anything less than that is hearsay and won't hold in a competent court of law.

It's the reason you keep losing cases. It's never about what you know, think or suspect. It's about what you can prove.
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
ivandragon:
OK...

while I strongly believe Saraki needs to 'answer' for the matter, the way the police are trying so hard to paint saraki guilty by association is not too professional...

it's just like saying that because pmb supports the spread of Islam in Nigeria & was once nominated as spokesperson for BH, then he is a sponsor of BH or has an association beyond the surface...

or does he?...

May I ask what evidences may fully convince you that Saraki used those boys as his political thug other than these ones available? Would you need to see him with guns or taking selfies with them? What else do you need please?

Saraki is a public figure and has a large number of supporters. He's not an ordinary man you can allege and go to bed, else you'll wake up under a burning roof. You have to inform the public of each progress as you make them.

I'm really sad educated Nigerians are really myopic and not liberal to view this matter from an unbiased point of view. I don't like Buhari and he'd be squarely dealt with in due time but I can't abet criminality for that reason.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Sterope(f): 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
The prosecutor is not obliged to tender all evidence. However, this picture might have been the push for the police to dig deeper.

As for question number 2, how hard is it to find a picture?

Jeezuzpick:

The allegation is that Saraki sponsored the goons' nefarious activities while he was governor. That's more than three years ago, and, seriously, the police had better come up with something better than a photograph.

Question 2 is a rhetorical question.
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Xisnin(m): 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
Police should tell that to the judge.
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by pafisayo(m): 8:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
Jaabioro:
Whether you like it on not the guy or the suspects are very close to Saraki .He Saraki may not be aware about the robbery. Therefore the closeness gave,or boosted their evils moral ..and more over they might have been involved in others crimes, he Saraki...been their political leader using his position to get them off...Saraki still have more question to answer.

I still don’t understand why Nigerians don’t think through at all.
The allegation is Saraki Armed these people no one is saying Saraki sent them to Robb.
These pictures are just evidence the Person in question has some sort of relationship with the Saraki! From the picture this dude was just arms length distance from mr Senate President even with all the Protocol at His own party that’s gonna be filled with political Digniteries .
Some youth are already making excuse for Saraki about how people gate crash important people’s party ..
funny enough with all that’s been going on Sarakis team are yet to reply in simple English that : their is not affiliation what so ever with this dude .
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by TOPCRUISE(m): 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2018
Is it because the armed robbers did not commit genocide of the whole population that you all are saying saraki is innocent.

2 Likes

Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Chuksonyeike: 8:23pm On Jun 06, 2018
linearity:

I think the Presidency is interfering to seek a soft landing for Saraki.

If you observed very well, the switch from the demand for him to come to the station to submitting a written explanation happened after the closed door meeting between the IGP and VP.

Personally, I don’t think Saraki is involved directly with the Robbery, he can steal more money through a mere struck of the pen. But these are his thugs that do his dirty biddings in Kwara State and he is their financial.

Any good prosecutor can obtain a conviction if they charged him as an accessory. It can be argued that, he was an enabler through his financial contributions to this gangs.

You will first have to prove he gave them money in the first place
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Buffalowings3(m): 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
Jaideyone:
how do you expect the police to arrest him when youths like us are already screaming witch-hunt? the police had to soft-pedal so it won't look like the executive is coming after the legislature

I wonder what the vp went to discuss with the igp some days ago undecided
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by ATIKUAIR(f): 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
blazer2018:
It shows how close the guy is to Saraki...to think that a nobody will come this close to the Sen. Pres. is sickening undecided
That picture is never one of the robbers! That is the picture of the chairman of Stormberg Power Ltd! APC doing everything with their lies and propaganda to tarnish Saraki image.

Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Jaabioro(m): 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
pafisayo:

I still don’t understand why Nigerians don’t think through at all.
The allegation is Saraki Armed these people no one is saying Saraki sent them to Robb.
These pictures are just evidence the Person in question has some sort of relationship with the Saraki! From the picture this dude was just arms length distance from mr Senate President even with all the Protocol at His own party that’s gonna be filled with political Digniteries .
Some youth are already making excuse for Saraki about how people gate crash important people’s party ..
funny enough with all that’s been going on Sarakis team are yet to reply in simple English that : their is not affiliation what so ever with this dude .
Ours youths are of standard gauge lack behind when it cones to logical reason..... We live insane society therefore to get sane is like living in odd world.

1 Like

Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
Lexusgs430:
So because he attended the wedding? This IGP is clueless....

Can you even make it into the hall, not to say standing that close to the third citizen of the federal republic if you don't have some affiliation with him? How often do you get that close to couples even at the random marriage ceremonies on?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Deltatoto: 8:29pm On Jun 06, 2018

1 Like

Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by sonnie10: 8:36pm On Jun 06, 2018
writerights:

Can you ever get that close to the senate president even in a market place? Make we tear God o.
Say the truth, can you stop such guy from entry into any public event in his area?
That is exactly the point. What drives most to crime in the first place is their quest to prove to people that they too are dining with the high and mighty.

This is Nigeria . Any young man with easy money (albeit ill gotten) and spending power in a small town like Offa cannot hide.
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by GavelSlam: 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2018
sonnie10:

This is dangerous precedence. If this evidence is allowed, the judicial system would be towing the slippery slope. It then stands that each time someone photo bombs you, you are an accomplice.
Nigeria is heading south. This could be interpreted as a retaliatory move if you remember the IG's earlier refusal to honor an invitation from the house in Dino's case.

This is not a question of photobomb.

Saraki cannot deny his relationship with these robbers as many of them are on a monthly payroll as "good boys".

This picture in Aso Ebi - group or family cloth, ties one of the robbers to a society wedding hosted by the Senate President. Such occasions are well censored and filtered for hoodlums.

It is on record that at least 5 members of the robbery gang attended Saraki's daughter's wedding. Were you there?

The gang members have confessed to being Saraki's thugs and one claimed 2 guns were given to them by the chief of staff to the governor.

The getaway car used by the robbers in which at least 33 people were killed such that many of us thought it was a terrorist attack, was supplied to the gang by Saraki.

When they were caught, they his the car in one of the government houses. Can you do that if you are not close to the powers that be?

Yet more revelations would come in days to come.

Support Saraki as much as you want but realise the links and evidence cannot be dismissed. A massacre was conducted by Saraki's boys.
These boys have named him as their sponsor.
This cannot be wished away.

1 Like

Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by dvkot(m): 8:40pm On Jun 06, 2018
Zico5:
They can destroy themselves as they like. They are all reaping what they sow.
correct man, Ur sariki should be arrested, buhari shuld be impeached, igp thunder should fire him all na same playing politics with lives.. sariki is guilty

1 Like

Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by ivandragon: 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2018
writerights:

May I ask what evidences may fully convince you that Saraki used those boys as his political thug other than these ones available? Would you need to see him with guns or taking selfies with them? What else do you need please?

Saraki is a public figure and has a large number of supporters. He's not an ordinary man you can allege and go to bed, else you'll wake up under a burning roof. You have to inform the public of each progress as you make them.

I'm really sad educated Nigerians are really myopic and not liberal to view this matter from an unbiased point of view. I don't like Buhari and he'd be squarely dealt with in due time but I can't abet criminality for that reason.

yes, it is truly sad that Nigeria has myopic individuals like yourself who comment without digesting information.

I clearly stated that saraki has to respond to the allegation, but the way the police & seriously trying to tie him to the robbery itself is very unprofessional.

is it pmb that doesn't have thugs?

when the blood sucker lost elections in 2011, didn't his supporters run riot & kill innocent Nigerians including corpers? will you now hold pmb directly responsible for the deaths of innocent people at the time?

one of the key robbers is the son of a prominent Nigerian, are you also going to tie the father directly to the robbery?

saraki certainly has political thugs, but it is a long stretch to tie him directly to the robbery in offa...
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by Omojolaray(m): 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
Bossontop:

Bros i no talk say no be criminal infact to me all politicians na thieves dem be.....but bring beta evidence not some half-assed evidence dat will not even hold water in court
bro if you don't know how these things work you won't get it.... It's based on interrogation and investigation.... You don't expect police to be open about every case.... Look at the way all these House of assembly people act you should know they are rogues... They will never talk about increasing salary or employment for house buh na to dey invite,suspend them know.... See at this junction I no dey support any politician

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by GavelSlam: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2018
sonnie10:

Say the truth, can you stop such guy from entry into any public event in his area?
That is exactly the point. What drives most to crime in the first place is their quest to prove to people that they too are dining with the high and mighty.

This is Nigeria . Any young man with easy money (albeit ill gotten) and spending power in a small town like Offa cannot hide.

So you are telling me that any assassin or criminal can be in such close proximity to the Senate President at an event ?
What then is the use of the DSS and Mopols Saraki has been crying over in the past few days?
Re: Offa Bank Robbers Attended Saraki's Daughter's Wedding, One Wore Aso Ebi- Police by babatee90(m): 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2018
Mheen I'm so surprised at the way people are defending saraki here...so there are people that can still defend a politician? A Nigerian politician for that matter!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Buhari Arrives Nigeria From Vacation In London (Photos) / Abiola Ajimobi At Last Public Outing With His Family (pic) / Northern Youths Order Igbo Out Of Region

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.