Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,306 members, 7,811,909 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:10 PM

Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON (29188 Views)

Tinubu, Shettima Get GCFR, GCON Titles / Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Police Barricade Gani Fawehinmi Park Venue Of Amotekun Rally In Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by hucienda: 9:03pm On Jun 06, 2018
Congratulations to the indefatigable lawyer and fighter for human rights,

Gani Fawehinmi, SAN, GCON.

Respect.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by jidamsel43(m): 9:05pm On Jun 06, 2018
whether the haters and Biafrauds like it or not. This is long overdue honour to the father of democracy.
It takes a government with a political foresight and highly intellectual paragons to take this decision.

Buhari has won the hearts of majority of Yoruba with this. it's just a matter of time that PMB will sworn in for second term.

PMB Till 2023

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by wellmax(m): 9:06pm On Jun 06, 2018
AridunuThomas:
While many Nigerians are grappling with the new public holiday declared for the celebration of June 12 as the new National Democracy Day and the concomitant recognition of Chief Moshood Kashimawo Olawale "Olanbiwoninu" Abiola as a former President of Nigeria, many has missed the declaration of posthumous award to late human right activist and legal luminary, Chief Ganiyu Oyeshola Fawehinmi, SAN the second highest honour of Nigeria, typically given to Vice presidents and chief judges of the federation, GCON.

Peep the last statement of the fourth paragraph of the President's letter

The Statement made no mention of public holiday

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by madridguy(m): 9:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
Well said bro.

QuotaSystem:

What a well deserved and overdue honour for President MKO and the indefatigable Gani.

What makes it even sweeter is that IBB - the nationally acclaimed demon of democracy - is alive to witness the glorious honoring of a man whom he robbed of his democratic mandate, and his crowning as Nigeria's eternal symbol of democracy.

The icing on the cake is that this hot pepper in IBB's eyes is compliments of none other than the man he also hijacked power from previously - President Muhammadu Buhari cheesy

Bubu 2019 carry go jor!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by DSDLIVEREPORT: 9:09pm On Jun 06, 2018
Nice one but I suspect spiteful moves against ibb and obj.most especially an appeal for votes

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by madridguy(m): 9:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
You don't have to sound too harsh bro. Leave him till dey start tagging him as UNITY BEGGER.

front4line:

If you like be British to hell with you.
Where are you when igbo taunt others but when the favour is returned demented lunatics like like up pop every cautioning everyone.

Ogun kill you for even raising this caution.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by MightySparrow: 9:12pm On Jun 06, 2018
Greek gift.
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by sapele914(m): 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2018
oluoni:
If Yorubas have made up their mind to vote you out trust me bubu all these cheap politics won't save you the clueless ogogoro drinker did the same months before elections going from palace to palace giving Yoruba kings dollars like its his father's money he still lost..Daura awaits you and osinbanjo just start rounding up.
Cheap politics?President Buhari and our leader Ahmed Bola Tinubu are the greatest democrats since Nnamdi Azikiwe & Chief obafemi awolowo,people like you are alwways the last to catch up 20 20 hindsight Babylonians.
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by duwdu: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2018
kayfra:
Master stroke. Take that OBJ!

Good thinking.

P34c3
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by babeosisi: 9:15pm On Jun 06, 2018
politricks to get Yoruba votes
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by Akinya17: 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2018
This is long overdue. Kudos to Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by sapele914(m): 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
Jckleiin:
Political Stunt to get votes from South West..smh
It is true,When jona & pdp were there it was alams and bode george they were honouring & pardoning?una try Enemies of The Republic of Nigeriia.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by brodalokie: 9:18pm On Jun 06, 2018
I didn't want to say anything about this but I think you know the chief was living fine compared to the ragged human rights fighters we have now?

He was indeed a great man and I hope you learned something about his struggle.

A musician once said, "only blackman fox news loves is in jail or dead one" We are rejecting such from our lives.
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by Vatsyayana: 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
And YORUBAS have decided to keep him in govt till 2023.

oluoni:
If Yorubas have made up their mind to vote you out trust me bubu all these cheap politics won't save you the clueless ogogoro drinker did the same months before elections going from palace to palace giving Yoruba kings dollars like its his father's money he still lost..Daura awaits you and osinbanjo just start rounding up.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by duwdu: 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
Daviddson:
This man is now beginning to have a good grasp of basics of politics. When he newly came in, he wanted to deviate from every norm he'd met on ground, but he later learned through a very hard way that he didn't prepare enough for it. He looked the other way and allowed highway looter become a Senate president . He would not send congratulations message to "elder statesmen" during their birthday like it used to happen before he came; he refused to give relevant attention to those who were instrumental to his election victory, and a host of others. Only for him to discover that all of these were making him unpopular and making him lose political foothold. This is another sign of a reset.

I fully endorse this statement.

P34c3

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2018
front4line:

If you like be British to hell with you.
Where are you when igbo taunt others but when the favour is returned demented lunatics like like up pop every cautioning everyone.

Ogun kill you for even raising this caution.

It is well with you. I don't support any ill character from any angles, either from Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba.
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by Fourwinds: 9:20pm On Jun 06, 2018
escodotman:
I smell politics in this move
yeah....especially when the dullardiho has allowed his marauding herdsmen free will to kill and the hatred for him has grown beyond his expectation

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by IJOBA2: 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
Okoroawusa:

Ikpu nne gi "mallam"
THAT DOESN'T MAKE YOU AN IGBO MAN... YOUR FELLOW MALLAM AT AMA AWUSA SABI SPEAK PASS ME SEFgrin ABOKI NA ABOKI WHETHER YOU WEAR DANSHIKI OR SUITgrin
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by madridguy(m): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
Thanks for your observation sir. it's such a pity that am once like you before. The hypocrisy by those people is second to none. They hate you simply because you're Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani, or a Muslim.

For countless time I've been on this forum preaching peace among ourselves and what do I get in return, unity BEGGER and many unprintable names.

I've been on this glorious platform for a while now and what we address each other with is just PDP member and AC member.
Immediately PMB won the presidential election we start seeing many things, even GEJ people on this platform don't take it the way they are doing.
Both offline and online you see them hating just because you're not their tribe.

I wish you know how many threat, abuse I received from them on daily basis. The funny part of it is that all of them na anywhere belle safe.
Imagine people happy for the killings in Benue, Taraba and Kaduna just because they voted for APC.

INTEGRITYA1:

Dear Madridguy, I think it's high time we stop all these abusive language on fellow man like ourselves. Irrespective of our political affiliation, ideologies, tribes and religious beliefs. Be on faceless forum like this doesn't necessarily mean we should be doing anyhow. It's a very small world.
I've learnt not to judge or condemn people base on tribe. And I can tell you convincingly that each and everyone of us, irrespective of where we originated from, we both have our strength likewise we are all weeks in some areas.
Let me take the time to say, I'm Yoruba.

7 Likes

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by anaton(m): 9:24pm On Jun 06, 2018
Hmmmm! It seems that PMB and his handlers have realized that MAY 30 Biafra Sit At Home will always overshadow May 29 democracy day.
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by sapele914(m): 9:25pm On Jun 06, 2018
Dayvidddrizzle:
See as Buhari signature be like when Hen dey scatter floor for food.

Anyways. Keep resting in peace sir. Though we're missing your Ojota led protests.
Signature wey dey sign $2 Billion U.S. Dollars no shaking?I no blame you,na poverty be your problem.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by docadams: 9:27pm On Jun 06, 2018
DTaj:

You must either be a kid or an illiterate. Assuming you are a teenager, you should have used your thinking faculty, and should have looked up Google for history!

Buhari was the ONLY presidential candidate Gani Fawehinmi ever supported in his entire life! History cannot be distorted by clowns like you.

Buhari was the Head of State when Gani Fawehinmi ignored the rule made by NBA that no lawyer should take legal briefs regarding the military tribunals established to try corrupt politicians! Gani publicly told the world that he will take the legal briefs (and he did) because Buhari was a very honest man who was fighting corruption. NBA sanctioned Gani but he never cared. He stood by Buhari both as military Head of State and as a civilian candidate. That was the reason Keyamo willingly accepted Buhari’s campaign spokesman offer.

In all of Buhari’s previous attempts at the presidency, in Gani’s lifetime, he campaigned for Buhari.

So, next time, when you respond to issues, educate yourself. Stop displaying your stinking ignorance on social media!

Very appropriate response. He like the rest of his ilks commenting from lack of knowledge of issues. Worse still they refuse to learn the reason they are used as political specimens.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by bossvinqualad25(m): 9:33pm On Jun 06, 2018
wristbangle:
We're smarter than this. The next thing on the line is Awolowo and dele giwa. We can't be deceive by his useless antics.

So what about Oju-Iku (Ojukwu) and Lamidi Kanu? shocked
those ones are not patriot
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by pufframmy: 9:46pm On Jun 06, 2018
no be only Ojukwu he will give eseku too
Demmzy15:
He didn't give Ojukwu! angry
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by abogjohn(m): 9:47pm On Jun 06, 2018
I think this is better than Maulag
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by INTEGRITYA1(m): 9:56pm On Jun 06, 2018
madridguy:
Thanks for your observation sir. it's such a pity that am once like you before. The hypocrisy by those people is second to none. They hate you simply because you're Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani, or a Muslim.

For countless time I've been on this forum preaching peace among ourselves and what do I get in return, unity BEGGER and many unprintable names.

I've been on this glorious platform for a while now and what we address each other with is just PDP member and AC member.
Immediately PMB won the presidential election we start seeing many things, even GEJ people on this platform don't take it the way they are doing.
Both offline and online you see them hating just because you're not their tribe.

I wish you know how many threat, abuse I received from them on daily basis. The funny part of it is that all of them na anywhere belle safe.
Imagine people happy for the killings in Benue, Taraba and Kaduna just because they voted for APC.

You're very correct brotherly, to be sincere not that I'm trying to take side with anyone and not that I've never noticed what you're complaining about. But like for me now; yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever; i have my name and my brand to protect both online and offline, I guess my mind set prompted me for quoting you initially. If anyone chose to be behaving anyhow anywhere, we don't all represent the same identity.
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by madridguy(m): 10:01pm On Jun 06, 2018
Thanks very much for your concern and I promise to effect some changes.

INTEGRITYA1:

You're very correct brotherly, to be sincere not that I'm trying to take side with anyone and not that I've never noticed what you're complaining about. But like for me now; yesterday, today, tomorrow and forever; i have my name and my brand to protect both online and offline, I guess my mind set prompted me for quoting you initially. If anyone chose to be behaving anyhow anywhere, we don't all represent the same identity.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by spencekat(m): 10:02pm On Jun 06, 2018
Demmzy15:
He didn't give Ojukwu! angry
Of what use?
Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 06, 2018
Well the last time I checked some dumb Igbo leaders were the ones licking buharis ass and shouting Igbo presidency, buhari till 2023 like bubu is just going to hand power over to them.smh
Vatsyayana:
And YORUBAS have decided to keep him in govt till 2023.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by Emilokoiyawon: 10:10pm On Jun 06, 2018
Buhari you have a long way to go to get Yoruba votes. We still are not satisfied with your overall response to the Fulani herdsmen catastrophe. Until you take verifiable concrete steps to address this issue, you are on a long thing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by cyrilamx(m): 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2018
MadeInTokyo:
grin grin grin

Spits...

Gani Fawehmi will reject this Greek gift from Buhari the terrorist even in his grave
Do u know that despite how Gabi abhors military involvement in Governance, he fully supported Buhari/Idiagbon government of cleaning the mess of 2nd republic politicians and confining to long term jails?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Awards Gani Fawehinmi 2nd Highest Nigerian Honour, GCON by cyrilamx(m): 10:34pm On Jun 06, 2018
DTaj:

You must either be a kid or an illiterate. Assuming you are a teenager, you should have used your thinking faculty, and should have looked up Google for history!

Buhari was the ONLY presidential candidate Gani Fawehinmi ever supported in his entire life! History cannot be distorted by clowns like you.

Buhari was the Head of State when Gani Fawehinmi ignored the rule made by NBA that no lawyer should take legal briefs regarding the military tribunals established to try corrupt politicians! Gani publicly told the world that he will take the legal briefs (and he did) because Buhari was a very honest man who was fighting corruption. NBA sanctioned Gani but he never cared. He stood by Buhari both as military Head of State and as a civilian candidate. That was the reason Keyamo willingly accepted Buhari’s campaign spokesman offer.

In all of Buhari’s previous attempts at the presidency, in Gani’s lifetime, he campaigned for Buhari.

So, next time, when you respond to issues, educate yourself. Stop displaying your stinking ignorance on social media!
Educate the imbecilic children of hates and ignorants. PMB has attested to this fact before. That despite the illegitimacy of military governments, Late Chief Gani fawehinmi; GCON supported his government jailing of corrupt 2nd republic looters whose offspring still continued the hatred till date.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Imo Predicts Economic Boom Over 43 Oil Wells Recovered From Rivers / What Benue Student Eyes Saw In The Hands Of Benue Politician In Abuja *PATHETIC* / Buhari Dissociates Self From Social Media Bill.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.