Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,670 members, 7,809,536 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry (35866 Views)

Poultry Farmer Cries Out After Losing 100 Broilers In A Day / I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden / Dont Be Fooled, Here Is A Practical Cost Analysis Of Raising 100 Layer Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 10:13pm On Jun 13, 2018
Please is it normal for my birds to always open their mouth, like they breathe through their mouth this way in the photo?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 10:23pm On Jun 13, 2018
Bought more feeds and vaccines already... This thing ain't easy but I believe the next set won't be hard.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 11:23am On Jun 14, 2018
Hello fam, I need help ASAP!!! One of my birds(broiler) seems to be sick. With it's head moving front and back and it looks like it lost balance... Pooo seems to have a red colour too... What's the way foward?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by iberrylee(m): 1:38pm On Jun 14, 2018
remove the sick one so as not to infect others then go to shop where they are selling their drugs and complain citing what you notice,do it b4 weekend b4 its too late

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by ugosonjay(m): 9:39pm On Jun 14, 2018
The floor is becoming wet and I think it's time you change the litter to avoid disease.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2018
iberrylee:
remove the sick one so as not to infect others then go to shop where they are selling their drugs and complain citing what you notice,do it b4 weekend b4 its too late
thanks a lot, but I quickly remove it from the rest of the birds,,, It did not make it.... 99/100 now
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 6:21pm On Jun 15, 2018
ugosonjay:
The floor is becoming wet and I think it's time you change the litter to avoid disease.

Thanks a lot
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by bioemmy: 10:35pm On Jun 15, 2018
Pls OP, where did you get the birds?
From a poultry or roadside seller.
Thought you started with 100 birds, how come they are 79?
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 10:55pm On Jun 16, 2018
bioemmy:
Pls OP, where did you get the birds?
From a poultry or roadside seller.
Thought you started with 100 birds, how come they are 79?

No, not road side dealer, but a major dealer around gwarimpa in abuja, he buys from hatchery and sells ,, his birds are well treated with necessary vaccines....

And sorry 99/100 ,, but I believe this is normal... And as it stands all are looking healthy and growing fast
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Ogunleti01: 1:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
Help4rmme2u:
Hello fam, I need help ASAP!!! One of my birds(broiler) seems to be sick. With it's head moving front and back and it looks like it lost balance... Pooo seems to have a red colour too... What's the way foward?
OP have you vaccinated them against Newcastle disease. the signs you mention could be symptoms of Newcastle disease
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by omonikiba(f): 4:03pm On Jun 17, 2018
Help4rmme2u:
Please is it normal for my birds to always open their mouth, like they breathe through their mouth this way in the photo?

Am not a commercial breeder. I just do few ones at home and eat when they are grown. I read some of the tips on nl and applied to the few ones i raise and no mortality so far.

On your question, my experience with birds opening their mouth is due to dehydration or heat. Am sure you notice that in the afternoon when it's hot right? It means they are not getting enough ventilation. I have read through your posts and responses, the contructuon of your pen is nice but needs adjustment for enough vebtilation. Kindly remove some planks, use tarpaulin for covering when you notice the weather is down. This is very very important.

God bless your hands, as you start you will increase by God's grace.

9 Likes

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 5:47pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ogunleti01:
OP have you vaccinated them against Newcastle disease. the signs you mention could be symptoms of Newcastle disease

RED STAINS IN DROPPING COULD BE BLOOD AND THAT IS A SIGN OF COCCIODIOSIS AND IT IS A KILLER DISEASE AND I SEE FROM OP PICTORIAL SHOWS THAT HE GOT MAXICOC WHICH IS ANTI COCCI DRUG...NERVOUS BREAKDOWN IS A SIGN OF NEWCASTLE AND POO IS GREEN WITH A SPECK OF WHITE, LEGS OF BIRDS BEGINS TO DRY...

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 5:49pm On Jun 17, 2018
Help4rmme2u:

Birds panting is as a result of hot weather, hot temperature to be exact..Try to provide more ventilation if you detect ventilation isn't adequate...

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 5:51pm On Jun 17, 2018
ugosonjay:

OP check wood shaving as soon as wood shavings become wet, you don't want to see what coccidiosis can do to your poultry, inspect poo always and check to see blood stained droppings...
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Ogunleti01: 6:42pm On Jun 17, 2018
oluwakayode25:

RED STAINS IN DROPPING COULD BE BLOOD AND THAT IS A SIGN OF COCCIODIOSIS AND IT IS A KILLER DISEASE AND I SEE FROM OP PICTORIAL SHOWS THAT HE GOT MAXICOC WHICH IS ANTI COCCI DRUG...NERVOUS BREAKDOWN IS A SIGN OF NEWCASTLE AND POO IS GREEN WITH A SPECK OF WHITE, LEGS OF BIRDS BEGINS TO DRY...
I made my comment based on the symptom he mentioned " With it's head moving front and back " Does coccidiosis cause bird to move its head front and back
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Ogunleti01: 6:44pm On Jun 17, 2018
oluwakayode25:

]I made my comment based on the symptom he mentioned " With it's head moving front and back " Does coccidiosis cause bird to move its head front and back?
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 7:41pm On Jun 17, 2018
Ogunleti01:
]I made my comment based on the symptom he mentioned " With it's head moving front and back " Does coccidiosis cause bird to move its head front and back?

I understand you, it could be both..if immune system is low..opportunist infections might set in...I said coccidiosis because OP might not be duly informed, as he might be taking that head movement for something else...only concrete thing he said is red poo...my take...not saying your give was wrong...Nervous paralysis is onbiously a symptom of Newcastle

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 12:50am On Jun 19, 2018
Ogunleti01:
I don't think so,, I bought them 2 weeks old and where I got them from, I was told they were all treated
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 12:52am On Jun 19, 2018
omonikiba:

Am not a commercial breeder. I just do few ones at home and eat when they are grown. I read some of the tips on nl and applied to the few ones i raise and no mortality so far.

On your question, my experience with birds opening their mouth is due to dehydration or heat. Am sure you notice that in the afternoon when it's hot right? It means they are not getting enough ventilation. I have read through your posts and responses, the contructuon of your pen is nice but needs adjustment for enough vebtilation. Kindly remove some planks, use tarpaulin for covering when you notice the weather is down. This is very very important.

God bless your hands, as you start you will increase by God's grace.

This was helpful
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 12:54am On Jun 19, 2018
oluwakayode25:

I understand you, it could be both..if immune system is low..opportunist infections might set in...I said coccidiosis because OP might not be duly informed, as he might be taking that head movement for something else...only concrete thing he said is red poo...my take...not saying your give was wrong...Nervous paralysis is onbiously a symptom of Newcastle
okay, xo to prevent reoccurrence, what can I doo
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Ogunleti01: 5:40pm On Jun 19, 2018
Help4rmme2u:

I don't think so,, I bought them 2 weeks old and where I got them from, I was told they were all treated
A times revaccinating would save you from losing your birds

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 7:28pm On Jun 19, 2018
Help4rmme2u:
okay, xo to prevent reoccurrence, what can I doo

You need to be sure of what symptoms you seeing!,,
If you seeing blood stained poo, its cocci for sure and it is a silent killer.....check their poo very well to be certain
Newcastle is a viral disease which I am very sure you are well aware of..because you must have vaccinated them with lasota at least twice by now...
Symptoms include muscle paralysis, legs and thigh begin to dry, green poo.
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by omonikiba(f): 8:46pm On Jun 19, 2018
Help4rmme2u:

This was helpful

Nice.

I get mine from two weeks old and not more than 20. My own safeguards has been giving them garlic second day of buying them, and depending on weather i give panadol when it cold. It drive cold away from them immediately. I also give bitter leaf, vitamin c, and ugu leaf. Vitamin c makes them eat like anything and ugu makes them big.

I raised cockerel in two months with this method. Even the seller dint believe it.

Let me also add, the most recent i got were very fragile, some couldnt even stand well. I bought calcium, ground it and add to their food, i did that twice and the result was superb. They fly like anythings now in their cage.

Also, when its very hot, i give them cold water. I take block from freezer atimes and add to their water.

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 9:37pm On Jun 19, 2018
omonikiba:

Nice.

I get mine from two weeks old and not more than 20. My own safeguards has been giving them garlic second day of buying them, and depending on weather i give panadol when it cold. It drive cold away from them immediately. I also give bitter leaf, vitamin c, and ugu leaf. Vitamin c makes them eat like anything and ugu makes them big.

I raised cockerel in two months with this method. Even the seller dint believe it.

Let me also add, the most recent i got were very fragile, some couldnt even stand well. I bought calcium, ground it and add to their food, i did that twice and the result was superb. They fly like anythings now in their cage.

Also, when its very hot, i give them cold water. I take block from freezer atimes and add to their water.
This is mind-blowing!!
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by jay7(m): 7:39am On Jun 20, 2018
@ OP it's nice starting up something with what you have, and Great minds has already giving you all you need to run a successful farm, but I must add some for you, when you see your birds panting its definitely means they need more air/ventillation, you can also buy vitalyte or glucose it's very useful. When you see them sneezing it means the wood shavings might be dusty or CRD, when you see blood poo is means coccidiosis and the first thing to do is to change the litter materials immediately and make sure you avoid wet litter and change immediately it gets wet or dirty. The reason for having a cross ventilation in a poultry pen is not only for heat stress, but to also help you maintain a well and proper litter material. I hope you look into your ventilation issue because you are dealing with broiler's and heat stress is not something you would pray to know its effect. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by tobisunday(m): 11:16am On Jun 20, 2018
jjbest123:
We can supply you quality day old w chicks, with a vaccination chart,delivery nation wide. You will start with super starter,then starter and finally finisher. All feeds are ok
. 08178721654 urgent need of doc
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 12:56pm On Jun 20, 2018
jay7:
@ OP it's nice starting up something with what you have, and Great minds has already giving you all you need to run a successful farm, but I must add some for you, when you see your birds panting its definitely means they need more air/ventillation, you can also buy vitalyte or glucose it's very useful. When you see them sneezing it means the wood shavings might be dusty or CRD, when you see blood poo is means coccidiosis and the first thing to do is to change the litter materials immediately. The reason for having a cross ventilation in a poultry pen is not only for heat stress, but to also help you maintain a well and proper litter material. I hope you look into your ventilation issue because you are dealing with broiler's and heat stress is not something you would pray to know its effect. Thanks
Wow!! What's a great piece
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by unleemited: 3:22pm On Jun 20, 2018
i am following this thread religiously for knowledge purposes cos i hope to venture into poultry farming as well.
I wish you resounding success in this enterprise. Kudos to all contributors

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Dimejimichael(m): 4:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
Reddish poo is a symptom of cocci
Try to get this drugs ASAP
Coxstop or Agracox mix with viramix
Administer it to them for 5days consecutively.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2018
4 weeks and a day, my birds are growing in style..thanks for your contributions so far

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by luvtoteach(f): 8:15pm On Jun 21, 2018
What are great job! Weldone ! Am starting mine next week Thursday when the birds will arrive(I booked for 50 Marshal broilers).

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 10:05pm On Jun 21, 2018
luvtoteach:
What are great job! Weldone ! Am starting mine next week Thursday when the birds will arrive(I booked for 50 Marshal broilers).
goodluck on your endeavors,, always feel free to learn from experts here and post any complains..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Cow Kills Owner In Delta Abattoir / How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu / Onions Grow Well In South-west Nigeria See Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.