Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,164 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry - Agriculture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry (36014 Views)

Poultry Farmer Cries Out After Losing 100 Broilers In A Day / I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden / Dont Be Fooled, Here Is A Practical Cost Analysis Of Raising 100 Layer Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by sparko1(m): 4:18pm On Aug 09, 2018
omonikiba:

You dont mention soya beans? You might need to also add pepper to your feed if your are formulating it yourself. Pepper is very good fighing against diseases in birds.

how true is this, urgent
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 7:46pm On Aug 09, 2018
sparko1:

how true is this, urgent
Very true , but in the right proportion
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by doctorexcel: 7:50pm On Aug 21, 2018
I have over 20 mature broiler birds for sale in ibadan. Contact 08077769222 or 08061654193. Its urgent. Ideas on how and where to sell them are also welcome
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 12:28pm On Nov 30, 2018
Are you around Abuja? Book ahead for your Xmas Broilers.

WhatsApp: +2347065855692
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by equity1(m): 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2018
omonikiba:

Nice.

I get mine from two weeks old and not more than 20. My own safeguards has been giving them garlic second day of buying them, and depending on weather i give panadol when it cold. It drive cold away from them immediately. I also give bitter leaf, vitamin c, and ugu leaf. Vitamin c makes them eat like anything and ugu makes them big.

I raised cockerel in two months with this method. Even the seller dint believe it.

Let me also add, the most recent i got were very fragile, some couldnt even stand well. I bought calcium, ground it and add to their food, i did that twice and the result was superb. They fly like anythings now in their cage.

Also, when its very hot, i give them cold water. I take block from freezer atimes and add to their water.
hmmm so birds required all these caring ?
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Itydee(m): 6:23pm On Nov 30, 2018
Why do farmers panic to look for buyers just when their birds are mature for sale?
Why don't they start from day 1 to worry how they will sell the finished birds?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Cation(m): 7:28pm On Nov 30, 2018
Rakiticbarca:
instead of buying local chicken you can order for Kuroiler/Noiler they are a mix of Cockrell and broilers, they are free range birds, they are less supsesitble to diseases, you can release then to free range or keep them in the cage depending on how you want it. But in general they have less stress compare to broiler.
where can I get 4weeks old kuroiler/noiler? I am in Lagos.
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Rakiticbarca: 10:36pm On Nov 30, 2018
Cation:
where can I get 4weeks old kuroiler/noiler? I am in Lagos.
I don't know any where you can get there, why not make order from the hatchery and ask them to give you male line
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Cation(m): 11:19pm On Nov 30, 2018
Rakiticbarca:
I don't know any where you can get there, why not make order from the hatchery and ask them to give you male line
I guess hatcheries sell day old chicks (DOC) and not 4 weeks. moreover I don't need lots just few.
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Rakiticbarca: 12:34am On Dec 01, 2018
Cation:
I guess hatcheries sell day old chicks (DOC) and not 4 weeks. moreover I don't need lots just few.
you can get from those poultry sections in the market.
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Cation(m): 7:09am On Dec 01, 2018
Rakiticbarca:
okay thanks
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by sanni4susx(m): 5:51pm On Feb 03, 2019
oluwakayode25:

RED STAINS IN DROPPING COULD BE BLOOD AND THAT IS A SIGN OF COCCIODIOSIS AND IT IS A KILLER DISEASE AND I SEE FROM OP PICTORIAL SHOWS THAT HE GOT MAXICOC WHICH IS ANTI COCCI DRUG...NERVOUS BREAKDOWN IS A SIGN OF NEWCASTLE AND POO IS GREEN WITH A SPECK OF WHITE, LEGS OF BIRDS BEGINS TO DRY...
What can I use to stop that
Symptoms;
Dry feet
Green poo
Some are watery poo
Sense as if they catch cold but they didn't
There legs and feather are Stef 10 minutes b4 they died
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Cation(m): 6:12pm On Feb 04, 2019
MTN data now available @ #550 for 1 gig
2 gig #1,100
5 gig #2500
works well on all devices. A trial will convince you.
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 8:33pm On Feb 04, 2019
sanni4susx:

So many drugs, amprolium, Embarzin forte.... Make sure to tell the person at the vet store to recommend a potent anti cocci drug for you... Regards.
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 8:33pm On Feb 04, 2019
sanni4susx:

Besides you didn't specify!, what exactly are your symptoms?
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by sanni4susx(m): 8:39pm On Feb 04, 2019
oluwakayode25:

Besides you didn't specify!, what exactly are your symptoms?
Green poo

oluwakayode25:

So many drugs, amprolium, Embarzin forte.... Make sure to tell the person at the vet store to recommend a potent anti cocci drug for you... Regards.
thanks
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 8:42pm On Feb 04, 2019
sanni4susx:

Green poo

thanks

Embarzin forte and other above drugs can't deal with green poo except, is the green poo greenish diarrhea??
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by sanni4susx(m): 8:44pm On Feb 04, 2019
oluwakayode25:

Embarzin forte and other above drugs can't deal with green poo except, is the green poo greenish diarrhea??
oluwakayode25:

RED STAINS IN DROPPING COULD BE BLOOD AND THAT IS A SIGN OF COCCIODIOSIS AND IT IS A KILLER DISEASE AND I SEE FROM OP PICTORIAL SHOWS THAT HE GOT MAXICOC WHICH IS ANTI COCCI DRUG...NERVOUS BREAKDOWN IS A SIGN OF NEWCASTLE AND POO IS GREEN WITH A SPECK OF WHITE, LEGS OF BIRDS BEGINS TO DRY...
Symptoms;
Dry feet
Green poo
Some are watery poo
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 9:17pm On Feb 04, 2019
sanni4susx:

Symptoms;
Dry feet
Green poo
Some are watery poo

You need to place them on antibiotics first, get doxygen or any other string antibiotics and look at how their improvements get, then we can follow through with the next step... Did you administer lasota vaccine, how old are your birds??, what kind of birds Re they?
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Sportwin(m): 12:24pm On Feb 06, 2019
Rakiticbarca:

Where can I get the kuroiler in abuja
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Rakiticbarca: 2:35pm On Feb 06, 2019
Sportwin:

Where can I get the kuroiler in abuja
check those on agric section, they will send it to you. Make sure you insist they give you male-line.
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Cation(m): 9:41am On Mar 03, 2019
Data is oxygen! I sell MTN data @ #600/ gig
#1,100 for 2 gig
#2,600 for 5 gig. Order 1.2.3.4.5.6 gig and do on.
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Barristerlaw(m): 9:57am On Mar 03, 2019
Land For farming and poultry
To be a successful poultry farmer you need farmland where you can practice your farm successfully and you also need to register your company. We have land for sale in Odeda, Abeokuta. It is 170k/ 200k per acre. 5 poultry farmer can contribute and buy 1 acre. We can eaually help you to register your company or farmers cooperative

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by sanni4susx(m): 1:13pm On Mar 06, 2019
oluwakayode25:

You need to place them on antibiotics first, get doxygen or any other string antibiotics and look at how their improvements get, then we can follow through with the next step... Did you administer lasota vaccine, how old are your birds??, what kind of birds Re they?

Thanks
I've used doxygen the death has reduced but I've never used lasota for them and they're still small like kilode
Sorry for late reply
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Integritykay(f): 5:52pm On Mar 24, 2019
i love this thread pls i need your comments here i just stocked DOC today makes them 12 days ols https://www.nairaland.com/5084784/raising-healthy-fat-broilers-project
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by pamcode(m): 10:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
@Help4rmme2u . Pls can you give a rough estimate of how much we would be making.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 9:07pm On Apr 29, 2019
pamcode:
@Help4rmme2u . Pls can you give a rough estimate of how much we would be making.

Depends bro, on how many birds you bought
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 9:15pm On Apr 29, 2019
Supply of birds in large quantity available at sylvafoods Nigeria Ltd.

We do the slaughter and delivery if needed!!
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by ahmedio2017(m): 6:42am On May 01, 2019
Help4rmme2u:

Depends bro, on how many birds you bought

Please house i need your advice,,,i want to start rearing local chicken for meat production pls what r the challenges involved?
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 7:44pm On May 17, 2019
ahmedio2017:

Please house i need your advice,,,i want to start rearing local chicken for meat production pls what r the challenges involved?
Local chickens are highly resistant to disease compared to broilers and layers, the only setback could be your patience
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by aysnoopy(m): 2:24pm On May 21, 2019
please, i'm new to this system. i wanted to start poultry farming (part time). my estimate proposed cost of building is 87k (13ft by 20ft) i.e 4m by 6m, but i wanted to start with 50 broiler birds.
please how can i go about it with very minimum or casualty, because i'm scared of losing my hard earn money.
i'll appreciate any advice, especially the one that work best for u
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 9:27pm On Jun 04, 2019
aysnoopy:
please, i'm new to this system. i wanted to start poultry farming (part time). my estimate proposed cost of building is 87k (13ft by 20ft) i.e 4m by 6m, but i wanted to start with 50 broiler birds.
please how can i go about it with very minimum or casualty, because i'm scared of losing my hard earn money.
i'll appreciate any advice, especially the one that work best for u

Give them regular vaccine, and make sure their poultry cage is always clean to avoid them eating their own poo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Onions Grow Well In South-west Nigeria See Pictures / How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu / See The Green Snake I Killed In My Farm Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.