Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,198 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:07 AM

Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry (35923 Views)

Poultry Farmer Cries Out After Losing 100 Broilers In A Day / I Turned My Home To Garden Of Eden / Dont Be Fooled, Here Is A Practical Cost Analysis Of Raising 100 Layer Birds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Rakiticbarca: 4:54pm On Jun 23, 2018
Help4rmme2u:
4 weeks and a day, my birds are growing in style..thanks for your contributions so far
nice one OP, your birds are looking great but I can see a sign of coccidiosis from the look of there litres, try and suspend there feeder and drinker from the ground to avoid contaminating the feeds and water with there litres, thats one of the major control of coccyx.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 9:07pm On Jun 24, 2018
Rakiticbarca:
nice one OP, your birds are looking great but I can see a sign of coccidiosis from the look of there litres, try and suspend there feeder and drinker from the ground to avoid contaminating the feeds and water with there litres, thats one of the major control of coccyx.
Thank you Sir, but the drinkers I bought cannot be suspended. What should I do?
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Rakiticbarca: 9:15pm On Jun 24, 2018
Help4rmme2u:

like someone already advised, get a flat block and place the water on it, just to suspend it a little from the ground.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by jfkenny(m): 2:11am On Jun 28, 2018
Help4rmme2u:

maybe *to raise* would have been a better word for the drinkers because as u said the drinkers can not be suspended..
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 11:24am On Jun 28, 2018
jfkenny:

maybe *to raise* would have been a better word for the drinkers because as u said the drinkers can not be suspended..
birds are 5 weeks and a day today... Ten birds have been bought in advance from people in my area already(Lugbe FHA) Abuja. Will soon upload photos

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by doctorexcel: 9:59am On Jul 03, 2018
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have got a bird that seems to be suffering from cocci. The bird sleep off with head drop on the chest.

What is the best cocci drug I should get.

Noted..... I ve lost one already to the same symptoms
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 11:03am On Jul 03, 2018
doctorexcel:
Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have got a bird that seems to be suffering from cocci. The bird sleep off with head drop on the chest.

What is the best cocci drug I should get.

Noted..... I ve lost one already to the same symptoms
I use maxicocc, try it.,, give it to them 5 days straight
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 11:06am On Jul 03, 2018
These birds are 6 weeks by tomorrow,, Fams ,, I want to Sel them all at once and start another 6-8weeks journey,, is there any broiler processing firm in Abuja where I can sell all at once?

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by doctorexcel: 1:25pm On Jul 03, 2018
Help4rmme2u:
I use maxicocc, try it.,, give it to them 5 days straight

Thanks. Am on my way to get it now
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 1:49pm On Jul 04, 2018
doctorexcel:

Thanks. Am on my way to get it now
okay, Please Hurry!!
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by fortune1894(m): 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2018
Help4rmme2u:
Hi friends I just finished serving,I managed to save up to #100,000 during my service year, and as the job is not forth coming I engaged my self in poultry farming.

Below are my expenses and achievements so far..
Feeders 5 piece x #400 each = #2000
Drinkers 5 piece x 350 each = #1750
Feeds (for now) 5 bags x 3700each =#18,500
Vaccines for now =#2000
Birds(Broilers) 2 weeks old = 400x 100 =#40,000

Total expenses so far: = #64,250

NB: I built the Birds Houses my self with some woods given to me by a friend working on a site.

pls how many bags are needed to feed 300 broiler chicks for a month?
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 05, 2018
fortune1894:

pls how many bags are needed to feed 300 broiler chicks for a month?
Minimum of 1500kg or 60 bags to 6-7 weeks
Target weight is 2.5kg minimum average

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by potonicomf(m): 11:17pm On Jul 05, 2018
How much r u intending selling those birds
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by potonicomf(m): 11:29pm On Jul 05, 2018
Help4rmme2u:
Hello fam, I need help ASAP!!! One of my birds(broiler) seems to be sick. With it's head moving front and back and it looks like it lost balance... Pooo seems to have a red colour too... What's the way foward?

I suspect coccidocis

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by fortune1894(m): 4:27am On Jul 06, 2018
EMMAACHILE:
Minimum of 1500kg or 60 bags to 6-7 weeks Target weight is 2.5kg minimum average
thank you
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jul 06, 2018
Nice Job man, They look healthy!
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Nobody: 12:48pm On Jul 06, 2018
How Much Is A Bag Of Feed Cost Now In The Market And Names Of Few Good Product Thanks
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jul 06, 2018
Help4rmme2u:
These birds are 6 weeks by tomorrow,, Fams ,, I want to Sel them all at once and start another 6-8weeks journey,, is there any broiler processing firm in Abuja where I can sell all at once?
Nice Job U Are Doing Here! Am Putting Things In Place For My Pasture Poultry Were I Want My Chicks To Eat Grass And Grain(chicken Feed) That What I Want To Do Cus I Have Done Little Poultry At Home And I Don't Use Vaccine That People Use Everything Will Start Soon Cus Am Starting With The Season Chicks. Keep The Good Work On, Stay Blessed
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Nobody: 1:29pm On Jul 06, 2018
omonikiba:

Nice.

I get mine from two weeks old and not more than 20. My own safeguards has been giving them garlic second day of buying them, and depending on weather i give panadol when it cold. It drive cold away from them immediately. I also give bitter leaf, vitamin c, and ugu leaf. Vitamin c makes them eat like anything and ugu makes them big.

I raised cockerel in two months with this method. Even the seller dint believe it.

Let me also add, the most recent i got were very fragile, some couldnt even stand well. I bought calcium, ground it and add to their food, i did that twice and the result was superb. They fly like anythings now in their cage.

Also, when its very hot, i give them cold water. I take block from freezer atimes and add to their water.
I Lvv The Stuffs U Mentioned Here I Will Get Them And Start Using Cus I Don't Use Vaccine On Mine Chicks And Am Going A Little Bigger In Some Months Time Dose Stuffs You Mentioned I Can Use Thanks
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by doctorexcel: 6:57am On Jul 07, 2018
Help4rmme2u:
okay, Please Hurry!!

I was not able to get maxiccoc but got 'Anchococ', after applying for five days straight there is now a more distinct blood drop than before.
Seniors in the house,what do i do again?
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Help4rmme2u(m): 7:21am On Jul 07, 2018
doctorexcel:

I was not able to get maxiccoc but got 'Anchococ', after applying for five days straight there is now a more distinct blood drop than before.
I said maxicocc,, use in their water every time u refill for 5 days..

Mean while, I noticed my birds are sneezing and coughing,, I mean almost all.. What's the problem I don't want to loose my birds its going to the 7th week already..
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by doctorexcel: 8:43am On Jul 07, 2018
Help4rmme2u:

Mean while, I noticed my birds are sneezing and coughing,, I mean almost all.. What's the problem I don't want to loose my birds its going to the 7th week already..
Help4rmme2u:

Help4rmme2u:

please do i buy the maxiccoc and start again. I am anxious for solution

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by fortune1894(m): 9:30am On Jul 07, 2018
planning on training 150 broilers starting 1st of September to b sold by December
House pls like how much will it cost to feed all of them
drugs inclusive
thank you

Buhari hope u dey see oo
dnt Call me a lazy youth again
na hustle I dey o

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 9:42am On Jul 07, 2018
Help4rmme2u:

THEY HAVE CRD ( CHRONIC RESPIRATORY DISEASE) , SO GET THEM TYLOXINE OR TYLODOX PREFERABLY, ANY OF BOTH WILL DO...CRD CAN KILL AND IT IS DUE TO THE PRESENCE OF AMMONIA IN STALE WOOD SHAVINGS, ONE OF THE REASONS YOU NEED TO CHANGE THEIR LITTER CONSTANTLY, HEAT AND OVERCROWDING CAN ALSO LEAD TO CRD...JUST GET ANY OF THE ABOVE DRUG OR ANY CRD DRUG FROM FIVE VET!, REGARDS!

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 9:48am On Jul 07, 2018
doctorexcel:

Please do not joke with coccidiosis, it is a killer disease, it can break a farmers heart in no distant time and once it hits your bird hard, it will take them out in large numbers...

Listen carefully..
Coccidiosis arises as a result of the following

Wet shavings/ wet litter
Over crowding can increase cocci

My best bet is that one of the following is the cause of your problem, please change their wood shavings immediately followed by the administration of a potent cocci drug..

Look for Five - anticoccid, a product of five vet
Get gumbocine or viramix and combine..
That should do the trick..
If blood symptom is rather prominent, I'd advise you increase the dosage upon administration.cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Rakiticbarca: 9:49am On Jul 07, 2018
doctorexcel:

try using admacine or embazyne forte, but preferably admacine, it works very well too.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 9:50am On Jul 07, 2018
fortune1894:
planning on training 150 broilers starting 1st of September to b sold by December
House pls like how much will it cost to feed all of them
drugs inclusive
thank you

Buhari hope u dey see oo
dnt Call me a lazy youth again
na hustle I dey o

Plan like 200k down na...
You be boss if you fit see 150 birds for festive season o...�
Maybe your location will permit that and if you have access to good market channels..Anyways....get you like 200k..you should be fine with that...Anything worth doing at all is worth doing well..
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by Rakiticbarca: 9:55am On Jul 07, 2018
Help4rmme2u:

i hope it's not CRD, do you also observe if they were snoring? If yes, then It could be CRD, you may need to visit a pharmacy store and get Septrin tablets from there, you will make there dosage 1/1 that's 1 tablet per 1 litre of water. It's very effective.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by fortune1894(m): 9:56am On Jul 07, 2018
oluwakayode25:

Plan like 200k down na...
You be boss if you fit see 150 birds for festive season o...�
Maybe your location will permit that and if you have access to good market channels..Anyways....get you like 200k..you should be fine with that...Anything worth doing at all is worth doing well..

thanks boss
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by oluwakayode25(m): 9:58am On Jul 07, 2018
Help4rmme2u:

Lol OP, the legs of those bird that I am looking at no clean o, it is very wise to treat your birds like as if they were humans..cleaner environments will ensure a healthier bird and will look attractive to prospective buyers... grin
For my side..people no dey like deal with dirty birds o...
With what I have seen from coccidiosis, I clean my wood shavings as soon as I can...longest I leave my shavings is five days and I still face cocci battle...
P.S. : Always try to prevent diseases especially Cocci...you can always look at the dosage for prevention on the wrapper of your drag..integrate it into your management schedule..cheers....Cocci kills!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by obstead200(m): 11:04am On Jul 07, 2018
Help4rmme2u:
Hello fam, I need help ASAP!!! One of my birds(broiler) seems to be sick. With it's head moving front and back and it looks like it lost balance... Pooo seems to have a red colour too... What's the way foward?
coccidiosis
Advanced stage too. Treat all with anticox ASAP
Re: Cost Of Raising 100 Hundred Broilers In My Home-made Poultry by obstead200(m): 11:09am On Jul 07, 2018
Help4rmme2u:

I don't think so,, I bought them 2 weeks old and where I got them from, I was told they were all treated
a 2 week old broiler wud have only received 2 doses of Newcastle vaccine (lasota) one intraocular at hatch and one oral at 2 weeks. U shud give another dose after 2 weeks of the last

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How We Make 6 Figures Every 3 Weeks From Farming Ugu / Onions Grow Well In South-west Nigeria See Pictures / See The Green Snake I Killed In My Farm Today (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.