Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,981 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! (1424 Views)

The Lavish Homes Of American Archbishops! (pictures) / Is It Unholy To Be Intimate On Sunday Morning Before Going To Church? / That Ungodly, Unholy Book In The Bible Called 'Songs Of Solomon' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by cantell(m): 8:47am On Jun 01, 2010
Pope Benedict XVI yesterday accepted the
resignation of Irish Prelate, Richard Burke,
the Archbishop of the Nigerian Diocese of
Benin City, accused of molesting a teenage
girl, the Vatican said. The archbishop
stepped down after the allegation was
made last year. Dolores Atwood alleged she
was sexually abused by Archbishop Burke
when he was a priest in Warri.
Atwood, now reportedly living in Canada,
lodged the complaint against Burke, saying
he had begun abusing her when she was a
14-year-old patient in a hospital in Warri
and that she later had a relationship with
him. However, Burke said the relationship
began in 1989 when she was 21 and he
was 40.
More details here:
www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/june/01/national-01-06-2010-01.htm
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by OLULAW: 9:51am On Jun 01, 2010
beast and wolf in shepherd's clothing
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by OLULAW: 10:00am On Jun 01, 2010
well done to dolores atwood
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by 912(m): 10:27am On Jun 01, 2010
OLULAW:

beast and wolf in shepherd's clothing
he without sin let him cast the first stone.

1 Like

Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by cantell(m): 10:34am On Jun 01, 2010
9-11:

he without sin let him cast the first stone.
Another Roman Catholic faithful.
Those guys should get married and stop decieving themselves.
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by OLULAW: 10:42am On Jun 01, 2010
LET HIM COME OUT OF HIS HIDING AND WAIT TO SEE WHETHER OR NOT HE WOULDN'T BE STONNED TO DEATH. IF NIGERIA WERE NOT TO BE A BANANA REPUBLIC, THIS MAN SHOULD BE TRIED AND JAILED LIKE MANY OTHER PRIESTS IN THE WEST WHO HAD BEEN SENT DOWN.
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by 912(m): 10:46am On Jun 01, 2010
OLULAW:

well done to dolores atwood

Although I totally agree that the Archbishop's actions were shameful and unbecomingly reckless.
However I will not say well done to Dolores Atwood because her action was selfish and vindicative.
She only came out to speak because she found out that the man has slept with her sister.

Now the question that keep coming up in my mind are:
what if he didn't sleep with her sister. Would she have kept quite and allowed other innocent young girls to be molested?
Would she have mentioned a thing or better still even continued her sexual escapade with the shameless archbishop even after she was married? because from her story this was most likely what she would have done.

She obviously did the right thing at the wrong time because if she had come out with this allegations long before now things wouldn't have gone this far and she might have helped in preserving the innocence of some other young girls including that of her own sister.

So I think Dolores Atwood is as guity as the guy and should not be praised for what she did. tongue
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by 912(m): 10:52am On Jun 01, 2010
cantell:

Another Roman Catholic faithful.
Those guys should get married and stop decieving themselves.
Very funny.
I wonder why you say I'm a catholic? well I'm just a christian who thinks objectively that's all. cheesy
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by OLULAW: 11:41am On Jun 01, 2010
9-11:

Very funny.
I wonder why you say I'm a catholic? well I'm just a christian who thinks objectively that's all. cheesy

9-11, what a weird screen name you've got. Objectivity or Delusion. The latter would seem to be the case.
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by cantell(m): 11:54am On Jun 01, 2010
9-11:

Very funny.
Cos your comment speaks volumes about the way they do things.
Always defending themselves!
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by 912(m): 12:14pm On Jun 01, 2010
cantell:

Cos your comment speaks volumes about the way they do things.
Always defending themselves!
Really, and here I was thinking that I was sounding like every other christian. cheesy
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by 912(m): 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2010
@ OLULAW
Delusion ke?
Omo I think you should read my comments again o cos I don't think I sounded like someone that's in support of either the archbishop or the woman.
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by cantell(m): 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2010
9-11:

Really, and here I was thinking that I was sounding like every other christian. cheesy
Haha. . . I laugh in pidgin english.
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by Abuzola1(m): 6:17pm On Jun 01, 2010
hahahaha pedophiles, thats what xtrianity is all about
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by cantell(m): 6:58pm On Jun 01, 2010
Abuzola !:

hahahaha craddle-robbers, thats what xtrianity is all about
Sharaaap! Terrorist!
Go look for some place to bomb!
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by Abuzola1(m): 7:09pm On Jun 01, 2010
Lol., they are ashame
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by cantell(m): 7:15pm On Jun 01, 2010
Abuzola !:

Lol., they are ashame
Ashamed?
***feels his temperature with his hand***
You need to take ur drugs.
The one you took this morning is already worn out.
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by Abuzola1(m): 7:17pm On Jun 01, 2010
Smile, i can feel the heat of ur anger, plz don't burst
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by cantell(m): 7:42pm On Jun 01, 2010
Abuzola !:

Smile, i can feel the heat of your anger, plz don't burst
Anger over a muslim rat?
God forbid!
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by Thorns: 7:43pm On Jun 01, 2010
Lol it's a pity
Re: Unholy intimacy! Dis Catholic Archbishops! by Abuzola1(m): 8:00pm On Jun 01, 2010
Rat ke ? We are cannary, lets be frank, are they nt pedophile ?

(1) (Reply)

Crackdown On Christian “Apostates” In Iran / Ifa Divination For The Month Of April 2012 / My Purported Healing Is Not True – Enebeli Elebuwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.