Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,121 members, 7,842,242 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (58266 Views)

Ochereome Nnanna Apologizes To Yoruba Nation / Ochereome Nnanna Vows Not To Resign As Vanguard Editorial Board Over Bigotry / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by cursedAbiola(f): 9:32am On Jun 09, 2018
[s]
omenka:
Wow! This Awo stuff really cut these guys deeper than I thought!

Coming from one of theirs who could pass for an educated and enlightened man, I am really taken aback by this overt display of unbridled hate and jealousy.

What a shame! embarassed
[/s]
trash trash trash
Stop talking Nonsense
grow up dude

8 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 09, 2018
elopee3000:
just like you people call badagry people egun insult them like no tomorrow
Egun is a tribe, we also have awori, Egba, okun etc and they are all yoruba

5 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by blowjob: 9:35am On Jun 09, 2018
contactwale:
Mr. Ochereome Nnanna, Chairman Editorial Board of the Vanguard newspapers, has described the Yorubas as "sophisticated morons".

Nnanna made this assertion in his reply to a post on Facebook.

Areh Sunday, a journalist and an aide to Delta State Governor, while reacting to President Muhammadu Buhari's declaration of June 12 as Democracy day on Thursday had gone to his Facebook page to express his disappointment in Yorubas for falling for the antics of the government of the day.

He posted:
"I use to think the South-West was very sophisticated. I was wrong. They are the most gullible. They fall for every poisoned carrot dangled before them"

Reacting to the post, Nnanna wrote:
"Sophisticated morons, more like"

This comment would not have elicited any reaction from me but for the fact that it was coming from the Chairman of the editorial board of one of the reputable newspaper houses in the country. A man of his status is expected to conduct himself in a respectful and responsible manner consistent with his function as an opinion-molder in the society.

Each and every newspaper is incomplete without the editorial section. They (editorials) are believed to be the heart and soul of newspapers. They display the values and policies of a newspaper and influence policy decisions.

A member of editorial board is expected to be matured, experienced, intelligent and well-informed. He must rise above politics, tribal and religion partisanship. An editorial member should be able to explain all the aspect of any issue in relating with past events, presents scenario and future prospectus. This is not the case with Nnanna as seen in this circumstance.

If this is the opinion of the Chairman of the editorial board of a national newspaper about Yorubas therefore, one should not be surprised about the view and news policies of Vanguard newspapers about the race.

It is my hope that Vanguard newspapers will caution Nnanna and apologise to the Yorubas for the embarrassment he has caused them.

Wale OLAYANJU
NA U RESEMBLE,THE MOROON...ALL OF DEM DEY VEX..BUHARI THIS,BUHARI THAT,...THIEVES... grin

2 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Crownwahley(m): 9:36am On Jun 09, 2018
decatalyst:
So many people on this table this man is shaking ooo grin

Afonjas rushing to get on the bus to this thread in order to hammer the writer and the Op

grin

Borrow sense once in a while na
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:37am On Jun 09, 2018
bjayx:
Same way the Igbo's licked Jonathan's ass.

Meanwhile... Buhari back to daura is a goal cool

Shut up, Jonathan is Igbo, Igbo is Jonathan.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Ayomipog: 9:39am On Jun 09, 2018
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Odingo1: 9:39am On Jun 09, 2018
yemaldo:

[s]Egun is a tribe, we also have awori, Egba, okun etc and they are all yoruba[/s]

Egun and Aworis are not Yorubas
, they have their own language.

3 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by tosyne2much(m): 9:41am On Jun 09, 2018
Very unprofessional of him

3 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Odingo1: 9:42am On Jun 09, 2018
JohnXcel:
So it took continuous pestering of the mods to put this on the front page when all manner of fake/unverified news is promoted on Nairaland?! undecided

Anyways...

Let the world know the IGBO TRIBAL BIGOT Mr. Ochereome Nnanna, Chairman Editorial Board of the Vanguard newspapers really is...

God bless the Yoruba people and her well wishers!

When your people call Igbo people all manner names including calling for Igbo massacre by your prominent men like Wole Soyinka and co because of GEJ, heaven did not fall.

7 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by TheUbermensch: 9:42am On Jun 09, 2018
DeOTR:
This is uncalled for. Election is still like 9 months away and some idiots already think Yorubas will vote massively for Buhari just because of June 12 and some post-humus awards.
I bet most Yoruba voters won't vote for Buhari based on this and if anyone thinks otherwise, it remains to be seen next year.
This is an insult on well meaning Yorubas like myself. I think the Igbos will do well to refrain from this bitterness against the Yorubas.
In Yorubaland, everyone is free to make his or her political and religious choices without fear of being labelled an outcast or betrayer.
Igbos should not overflog this issue. Most Yorubas have probably already decided whether or not to vote for Buhari before now, and nothing can change the decision, not even if he (Buhari) brings back Abiola from the dead to rule for the rest part of his tenure.

Only sane comment so far.

Others are insulting the man for insulting their tribe. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Judgesledge(m): 9:43am On Jun 09, 2018
buhariguy:
Who take that intellectual lazy idiotic pig of Biafra serious.

Because of these idiotic pig I stop reading vanguard for the past ten year.
I was actually expecting this from these pig.
I knew he won't be able to sleep since the pronouncements.
My guy, i can see that you are so intellectually proficient, that you can make the number of grammatical faux pas in your little thesis above, just wondering whether there's a connection with your profile name

1 Like

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by resurgent2019: 9:43am On Jun 09, 2018

Nnanna should be sacked from vanguard’s editorial board! He insulted a whole race!!!

angry

9 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by delpee(f): 9:44am On Jun 09, 2018
His comment is rude, full of hate and most unbecoming of an Editor. It's so shameful!

I wonder why anyone would conclude that Yorubas will vote for PMB just because of this late hour favor done to correct the anomalies of June 12. The favor is accepted in good faith no doubt but time will tell if it will have a significant impact on the forthcoming elections.

People are wise. They can determine what is best for them under any situation.

5 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by resurgent2019: 9:45am On Jun 09, 2018
Seun and his igbo mods should stop hiding our comments! It takes serious thought to come up with a post!!!

I am beginning to hate this forum. What kinda nonsense is this?

10 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Ahmeduana(m): 9:46am On Jun 09, 2018
IS THE GUY LYING? Are we not? We claimed to be the intellectual power house of nigeria, but we lick the anus of a tribe that value cow more than humans, thanks to yoruba muslims.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Nobody: 9:46am On Jun 09, 2018
contactwale:
Mr. Ochereome Nnanna, Chairman Editorial Board of the Vanguard newspapers, has described the Yorubas as "sophisticated morons".

Nnanna made this assertion in his reply to a post on Facebook.

Areh Sunday, a journalist and an aide to Delta State Governor, while reacting to President Muhammadu Buhari's declaration of June 12 as Democracy day on Thursday had gone to his Facebook page to express his disappointment in Yorubas for falling for the antics of the government of the day.

He posted:
"I use to think the South-West was very sophisticated. I was wrong. They are the most gullible. They fall for every poisoned carrot dangled before them"

Reacting to the post, Nnanna wrote:
"Sophisticated morons, more like"

This comment would not have elicited any reaction from me but for the fact that it was coming from the Chairman of the editorial board of one of the reputable newspaper houses in the country. A man of his status is expected to conduct himself in a respectful and responsible manner consistent with his function as an opinion-molder in the society.

Each and every newspaper is incomplete without the editorial section. They (editorials) are believed to be the heart and soul of newspapers. They display the values and policies of a newspaper and influence policy decisions.

A member of editorial board is expected to be matured, experienced, intelligent and well-informed. He must rise above politics, tribal and religion partisanship. An editorial member should be able to explain all the aspect of any issue in relating with past events, presents scenario and future prospectus. This is not the case with Nnanna as seen in this circumstance.

If this is the opinion of the Chairman of the editorial board of a national newspaper about Yorubas therefore, one should not be surprised about the view and news policies of Vanguard newspapers about the race.

It is my hope that Vanguard newspapers will caution Nnanna and apologise to the Yorubas for the embarrassment he has caused them.

Wale OLAYANJU

like we fell for the carrots of the drunkard of otueke, your personal hero in 2015?
maulag, dollar rain etal?

effing 5%ers still cannot learn. this foool lives and works in lagos and he is still running his mouth insulting his hosts. they don't even have the slightest modicum of common sense to keep their hatred to their beer parlour and meetings. rather, they run their mouths in the open, calling it courage, then wail about marginalisation when the repercussions start.

their favorite yorubas are the duo of fayose and fani kayode, a pair of incompetent rabble rousers with no legacies

18 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Odingo1: 9:47am On Jun 09, 2018
resurgent2019:
Since I have come back, I have not made one since hate post but the mods rather choose to hide posts from Yorubas to protect igbo people.

Seun what is going on? You and the mods should not hide posts again. Let people speak their minds!!!!

Nnanna should be sacked from vanguard’s editorial board! He insulted a whole race!!!

angry

Wole Soyinka and Yoruba doctor that said worst things about Igbos nko, your tribe stated the name calling including calling for Igbo masssacre, when they pay you people back you will start crying fowl

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Obaseki In Trouble: How APC Planned To Wrest Power From Him - PM News / Rochas Okorocha & His Daughters Uloma Nwosu, Uju Anwuka Inspect Statues In Imo / Asari Dokubo's Mansion In Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.