Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma (58166 Views)

Ochereome Nnanna Apologizes To Yoruba Nation / Ochereome Nnanna Vows Not To Resign As Vanguard Editorial Board Over Bigotry / Ochereome Nnanna's Tribalistic Facebook Posts (Chairman Vanguard Editorial Board (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Cargo36: 10:00am On Jun 09, 2018
Already vanguard had compromised the principle of journalism long ago as such is never a surprise to me and others,it is the voice of the enemy
contactwale:
Mr. Ochereome Nnanna, Chairman Editorial Board of the Vanguard newspapers, has described the Yorubas as "sophisticated morons".

Nnanna made this assertion in his reply to a post on Facebook.

Areh Sunday, a journalist and an aide to Delta State Governor, while reacting to President Muhammadu Buhari's declaration of June 12 as Democracy day on Thursday had gone to his Facebook page to express his disappointment in Yorubas for falling for the antics of the government of the day.

He posted:
"I use to think the South-West was very sophisticated. I was wrong. They are the most gullible. They fall for every poisoned carrot dangled before them"

Reacting to the post, Nnanna wrote:
"Sophisticated morons, more like"

This comment would not have elicited any reaction from me but for the fact that it was coming from the Chairman of the editorial board of one of the reputable newspaper houses in the country. A man of his status is expected to conduct himself in a respectful and responsible manner consistent with his function as an opinion-molder in the society.

Each and every newspaper is incomplete without the editorial section. They (editorials) are believed to be the heart and soul of newspapers. They display the values and policies of a newspaper and influence policy decisions.

A member of editorial board is expected to be matured, experienced, intelligent and well-informed. He must rise above politics, tribal and religion partisanship. An editorial member should be able to explain all the aspect of any issue in relating with past events, presents scenario and future prospectus. This is not the case with Nnanna as seen in this circumstance.

If this is the opinion of the Chairman of the editorial board of a national newspaper about Yorubas therefore, one should not be surprised about the view and news policies of Vanguard newspapers about the race.

It is my hope that Vanguard newspapers will caution Nnanna and apologise to the Yorubas for the embarrassment he has caused them.

Wale OLAYANJU

8 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by xtervaganza(m): 10:00am On Jun 09, 2018
Coming from a man who looks more like a gorilla than a man.

I'm not even offended

11 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by breakeven: 10:00am On Jun 09, 2018
just exactly what the hausa fulani wants to achieve between the yorubas and igbo is what is happening now in this thread.. Yhey have always use this tactics to divide the south since 1960. Ride on brothers continue to kill yourseves while the hausa fulani have a field day.

4 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 09, 2018
MrPresident1:

I prefer Jonathan the peaceful to Buhari the Killer. Slave.

what peaceful Johnathan - the one who let boko haram flourish so that dasuki could be an atm?
buharis poor response to the herdsmen is incompetence,
while gej's poor response to BH was political expediency [ smear the opposition, play with elections time table, unlimited money]

the herdsmen killings have been with us for decades. of course if the drunkard of otueke was in the seat, the herdmen would have been sponsored by APC, the us government , sanusi, or anyone else who criticised the ineffectual buffoon

keep calling us slaves, then keep wailing marginalisation. grin grin. na your portion.

5 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by MrPresident1: 10:01am On Jun 09, 2018
resurgent2019:
I am totally disappointed in seun and his mods. They have clearly chosen sides through their overt action. No wahala. We will continue to mount necessary pressure for nnanna to be sanctioned by vanguard. Else, vanguard newspaper will be banned from all news stands in yorubaland.

That’s all.

What stupid pressure are you mounting? Nnana speaks the truth. Slaves purport to speak for the freeborn!

Awolowo turns in his grave.

Oduduwa will not agree.

5 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Malawian(m): 10:01am On Jun 09, 2018
Okoroawusa:
Nnanna,is a big fool

At least, he is not shofisticated

5 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Adefemiaderoju1: 10:03am On Jun 09, 2018
Pot calling kettle black

1 Like

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by deedeedee1: 10:03am On Jun 09, 2018
MrPresident1:

I prefer Jonathan the peaceful to Buhari the Killer. Slave.
Buhari will win next year election. You can cry for all we care. I wonder who you flat-heads will vote for next year. Maybe Atiku or another Fulani.
Loser!

8 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by dammiecool(m): 10:04am On Jun 09, 2018
resurgent2019:

Please shift. If I say what is on my mind, the igbo mods on Nairaland will ban me for a longtime.
If u speak d truth u get banned if u don't they will still ban u, so speak n get banned

1 Like

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Our5k(m): 10:04am On Jun 09, 2018
Ordinary "Sophisticated morons" and some hypocrites are wailing their eyes out. But they approved and cosigned their brother's call for Igbo massacre. Umu anuofia!!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7235064_img20180609094615_jpegf8bfae1d09af35a330f71366062d750e

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by MrPresident1: 10:04am On Jun 09, 2018
JohnXcel:
So it took continuous pestering of the mods to put this on the front page when all manner of fake/unverified news is promoted on Nairaland?! undecided

Anyways...

Let the world know the TRIBAL BIGOT Mr. Ochereome Nnanna, Chairman Editorial Board of the Vanguard newspapers really is...

God bless the Yoruba people and her well wishers! Amen!

Nnanna speaks the truth.

I call on all the ancestors of the Yorubas to arise and fight for their people. You liars and haters of truth will see the anger of God.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Kingsley10000: 10:05am On Jun 09, 2018
Alariiwo:
Nnanna and his vanguard crew are fools..

Are Yorubas the ones stopping you fools from getting biafra? Useless nincompoops
Lol ipob sef

1 Like

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by WOCKHARDI(m): 10:05am On Jun 09, 2018
Alariiwo:
Nnanna and his vanguard crew are fools..

Are Yorubas the ones stopping you fools from getting biafra? Useless nincompoops
Yes. You are. Otherwise why did you participate against them during the civil war and masterminded the starving of non combatant innocent Biafran children and women?
Tell me another story jo. Nonsense.

2 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by victrick105: 10:06am On Jun 09, 2018
Bolowolowo:
Na wa o, see painment over the June 12th matter. Pigs will always wail grin grin

stop creating imaginary jealousy in your head...u guys on nairaland are so irresponsible... you have failed to understand that there's a difference between social media world and reality... no body give a Bleep in the east, don't let nairaland give you the wrong impression of what's really happening in reality...this is one of the disadvantage of social media

7 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by rubyjan(f): 10:06am On Jun 09, 2018
[quote author=nazablossom post=68313397]This table he is shaking contains ewedu and amala, it's going to be ugly. [/quote
The most beautiful comment so far. I couldn't stop laughing. grin

1 Like

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Our5k(m): 10:07am On Jun 09, 2018
dammiecool:

If u speak d truth u get banned if u don't they will still ban u, so speak n get banned

Of course, after all it's ban they'll ban. They can't seize my phone and laptop.

Ariyo called for Igbo massacre and some people are crying their eyes out because they were described as "Sophisticated morons".

As if na lie the man lie. Msheeeeeew!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/7235064_img20180609094615_jpegf8bfae1d09af35a330f71366062d750e

5 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by MrPresident1: 10:07am On Jun 09, 2018
oyb:

where is your God now

You ask me where is God, You fucking satanist, you ask me where is God?

You will see him, you will soon see him, you definitely will see him!

5 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by victorazyvictor(m): 10:07am On Jun 09, 2018
DrGoodman:

On biafran threads, talking lubbish grin
Me am here to do my window searsing grin

1 Like

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Born2Breed(f): 10:07am On Jun 09, 2018
contactwale:
Mr. Ochereome Nnanna, Chairman Editorial Board of the Vanguard newspapers, has described the Yorubas as "sophisticated morons".

Nnanna made this assertion in his reply to a post on Facebook.

Areh Sunday, a journalist and an aide to Delta State Governor, while reacting to President Muhammadu Buhari's declaration of June 12 as Democracy day on Thursday had gone to his Facebook page to express his disappointment in Yorubas for falling for the antics of the government of the day.

He posted:
"I use to think the South-West was very sophisticated. I was wrong. They are the most gullible. They fall for every poisoned carrot dangled before them"

Reacting to the post, Nnanna wrote:
"Sophisticated morons, more like"

This comment would not have elicited any reaction from me but for the fact that it was coming from the Chairman of the editorial board of one of the reputable newspaper houses in the country. A man of his status is expected to conduct himself in a respectful and responsible manner consistent with his function as an opinion-molder in the society.

Each and every newspaper is incomplete without the editorial section. They (editorials) are believed to be the heart and soul of newspapers. They display the values and policies of a newspaper and influence policy decisions.

A member of editorial board is expected to be matured, experienced, intelligent and well-informed. He must rise above politics, tribal and religion partisanship. An editorial member should be able to explain all the aspect of any issue in relating with past events, presents scenario and future prospectus. This is not the case with Nnanna as seen in this circumstance.

If this is the opinion of the Chairman of the editorial board of a national newspaper about Yorubas therefore, one should not be surprised about the view and news policies of Vanguard newspapers about the race.

It is my hope that Vanguard newspapers will caution Nnanna and apologise to the Yorubas for the embarrassment he has caused them.

Wale OLAYANJU

grin grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Ikpongiton: 10:07am On Jun 09, 2018
they should sincerely point out the lies or just keep quiet and accept their gulliability .

3 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Nobody: 10:08am On Jun 09, 2018
MrPresident1:
The divide and rule tactics that worked so effectively in the past is now being redeployed and so far as I can see, it is still very effective.

People who do not learn from history MUST be enslaved!

Which divide and rule tactics, na northerners speak thru his mouth or them put gun for him head to make such statement

8 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:08am On Jun 09, 2018
buhariguy:
Who take that intellectual lazy idiotic pig of Biafra serious.

Because of these idiotic pig I stop reading vanguard for the past ten year.
I was actually expecting this from these pig.
I knew he won't be able to sleep since the pronouncements.
Yeah, me too, going to 3yrs now
I don't even check out their news headlines

4 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by MrPresident1: 10:08am On Jun 09, 2018
deedeedee1:

Buhari will win next year election. You can cry for all we care. I wonder who you flat-heads will vote for next year. Maybe Atiku or another Fulani.
Loser!

It is between you and God.

Let next year come first.
Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Malawian(m): 10:08am On Jun 09, 2018
deomelo:

So glad to be sophisticated morons

grin grin grin
One nuclear bomb from Biafra will destroy all those ill gotten infrastructure. Lets see how you will rebuild when there is no longer Biafran oil.

4 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by dafemnet: 10:09am On Jun 09, 2018
We want Buhari to do his 8yrs so Power can return back to us. Some peeps think that's moronic.

2 Likes

Re: Ochereome Nnanna: "Yorubas Are Sophisticated Morons"- Vanguard Editorial Chairma by Nobody: 10:09am On Jun 09, 2018
MrPresident1:

You ask me where is God, You fucking satanist, you ask me where is God?

You will see him, you will soon see him, you definitely will see him!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6050209_epainamwell_jpeg5b30c340a8c240ec00e73979315ae7f1

why you dey vex na - your one true God failed to smite the gworo chewing uncircumcised thugs who stepped on the holy flag of the static sun, not so?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

FG Decides On Interstate Travel Ban, Others Next Week / Youths Want Olakunle Churchill As Governor Of Ondo, Print Posters / President Buhari In Lagos With His Presidential Car Fleet (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.