Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,779 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife (4694 Views)

Lekki Shooting- "I Don't Care" Says Nigeria's Chief Of Army Staff / Hauwa Suntai Danba & Ahmed Jarman: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Ex-Taraba Governor Wife / Enugu Governor Come To Mike Ejeagha's Aid, Pays Bills For Everyone In Hospital T (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by Babygiwa(f): 8:17pm On Jun 09, 2018
Children deserve proper care, says Enugu Governor's Wife

The wife of the Enugu State Governor, Mrs. Monica Ugwuanyi, has appealed to parents and guardians to intensify efforts in taking proper care of their children/wards as future leaders and precious gift from God.

Mrs. Ugwuanyi added that “the children deserve to be treated right”, look “healthy, neat and cheerful” and have access to basic education in spite of the nation's economic challenges.

The Enugu Governor’s wife made the remarks at Itchi in Igbo-eze South Local Government Area during the free medical outreach programme of her pet project, Ugo-Touch of Life (U-TOLF), which focuses on the wellbeing of under-privileged women, children and youths in the rural areas.

She reiterated her commitment to rapid development in the rural areas, where the greater number of women, children and youths reside.

Mrs. Ugwuanyi advised the people against self medication and urged them to always go for proper medical checkup whenever they notice any symptom of illness, saying: “This is a wake-up call”.

She emphasized the need for consumption of organic food for healthy living, stressing that we need to go back to our natural ways of feeding.

Similarly, the Enugu Governor's wife during the free medical outreach at Igbo Etiti Local Government Area, maintained that her interest in the programme was to assist indigent people to access medical treatment bearing in mind the high cost of healthcare services in the country.

Mrs. Ugwuanyi added that her empowerment programme was designed to make people self-reliant to ameliorate their suffering, disclosing that the first round of the free medical exercise has been successfully carried out in the 17 local government areas of the state.

“We have covered all the local government areas of the state with our free medical exercise since May this year. This is the second round and within the period of this assignment, we have discovered that most of the ailments afflicting our people are caused by poor eating habit.

“Our people prefer canned food bought at supermarkets instead of our local delicacies. That is why we invite experts that educate us on balanced diet. These fruits and vegetable are with us, and our empowerment scheme is based on what is obtainable within the locality. So, our people should try and avail themselves of every opportunity”, she stated. #amokelouis

http://thepunditng.com/children-deserve-proper-care-says-enugu-governors-wife/

Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:18pm On Jun 09, 2018

Mrs. Ugwuanyi added that “the children deserve to be treated right”, look “healthy, neat and cheerful” and have access to basic education in spite of the nation's economic challenges

You said it VERY WELL Ma'm.

Truer words have not be spoken

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:19pm On Jun 09, 2018
*Quote*
Our people prefer canned food bought at supermarkets instead of our local delicacies *Unquote*

Trying all i can not to get used to this.

#LocalDelicacies
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by cheddahboy(m): 5:05am On Jun 10, 2018
No be lie oh
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by Nobody: 5:05am On Jun 10, 2018
post=68331270:
*Quote*
Our people prefer canned food bought at supermarkets instead of our local delicacies *Unquote*

#LocalDelicacies

What are you saying angry angry

Must you type while you're still dizzy shocked
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:09am On Jun 10, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

What are you saying angry angry

Must you type while you're still dizzy shocked
Not even time for bed yet.
And assuming you are not sleep typing and patient enough to read the short article you would have seen that what i quoted is in the write-up last paragraph ...

I wonder why some people here are quick to type thinking they are shaming someone , not knowing that they are out to make themselves look stupid in a public forum.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by Nobody: 5:16am On Jun 10, 2018
sad
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:17am On Jun 10, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

madam read what you typed after you master quote

Smh!
I give up!!
Goodnight!!!

N.B: Lol, you later wiped off your comment without an apology.
E dey ur body!
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by kaen1317: 5:30am On Jun 10, 2018
Something u should tell your Governor husband as he steals all the money
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by eliash: 5:33am On Jun 10, 2018
I come here come see weada she fine..
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by SolexxBarry(m): 5:34am On Jun 10, 2018
Children are the future they need all they can get to develop their minds fully for the challanges ahead

10k followers Instagram account for sale call 08133261377
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by Sanchase: 5:34am On Jun 10, 2018
Now that you said it, what are you doing to achieve that ? Or is it another standing ovation speech?
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by jerryunit48: 5:58am On Jun 10, 2018
Very well said.

The governor wives are enjoying o... so there is an office for the president and Governor’s wife ? They should use it well to do some rights that their husbands failed to do
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by inoki247: 5:59am On Jun 10, 2018
mumu talk wen some parent can only afford Pap and Garri.. y u no go talk like dat wen u av free moni at ur dispense. wat av u guys done to mak d proper circulate to d kids? abi u tink say na by preaching.
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by Divay22(f): 6:11am On Jun 10, 2018
Sanchase:
Now that you said it, what are you doing to achieve that ? Or is it another standing ovation speech?
Exactly
What are the appropriate measures she's putting in place to see to the welfare of these kids.
How many orphanage homes does she visit in a month and see to their needs?
Let her actions speak for her and not this mere words.
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by Yeeyo: 6:18am On Jun 10, 2018
But in the north wicked and useless parents are punishing their children by sending them to almajiri
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by Ayoswit(f): 6:50am On Jun 10, 2018
K
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by no1madman(m): 7:17am On Jun 10, 2018
[img][/img]

Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by Lexusgs430: 7:54am On Jun 10, 2018
She should shut up her mouth......
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by IMASTEX: 8:16am On Jun 10, 2018
kaen1317:
Something u should tell your Governor husband as he steals all the money
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by Nobody: 9:09am On Jun 10, 2018
post=68338527:

Smh!
I give up!!
Goodnight!!!

N.B: Lol, you later wiped off your comment without an apology.
E dey ur body!

My Apologies please

I just de wake up
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:53pm On Jun 10, 2018
Kingwizzy16:

My Apologies please

I just de wake up
We cool my broda.
Re: Children Deserve Proper Care, Says Enugu Governor's Wife by ogwanogwa: 11:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
Her pet project ( U-Tolf) is really touching lives. I'm not a beneficiary but I've seen their life touching campaign in action.

(1) (Reply)

President Buhari Ordered Immediate Shutdown Of AIT, Raypower Fm Tonight -dokpesi / JUNE 12: Two-party System Is The Best For Nigeria. Do You Agree? / BREAKING NEWS: PDP Clears Clara Chime For Abia House Of Reps Contest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.