Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,609 members, 7,823,654 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:56 PM

Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) (31874 Views)

I Gave Up On Nigerian Elections After June 12 Annulment - Pete Edochie / El-Rufai Sacks Nurses Who Participated In NLC Strike, Warns KASU Lecturers / 'Underaged Policeman Who Participated In Osun Election' - Corper Claims (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by AutoSpaNg: 8:11am On Jun 12, 2018
ouiy
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by Saintp(m): 8:12am On Jun 12, 2018
Which Sani Abacha was chief of staff that rolled out tanks against protesters? Is it the one that ate apple?
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by skillet(m): 8:14am On Jun 12, 2018
it wont be fair if the 58% voters that elected Abiola are not given some of the money that will be shared to Abiola's family.
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by ORIENTATION101: 8:15am On Jun 12, 2018
somadinho10:
Any yoruba man or woman who does not know that Buhari only did this for political reason is a very big fool
whether political reason or not he did the right thing.if past leaders have been doing the right thing for political reason then we should have move past the era of collosal failures

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by Assassin101: 8:21am On Jun 12, 2018
oso-abiola

1 Like

Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by nku5: 8:22am On Jun 12, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
Some Nigerians are now beginning to recall the unfortunate events that followed after the June 12 election was annulled by Ibrahim Babangida in 1993 which led to nationwide chaos. This is coming after President Muhammadu Buhari conferred on Abiola posthumously, the award of Grand Commander of the Federal Republic (GCFR) - 20 years after his death.

The president also declared June 12, the day on which the election held in 1993, as the new Democracy Day.

Pictured is one of the victims of the chaos caused by the annulment, Okanlawon, one of the unsung heroes of June 12. He was reportedly injured along with others when the Chief of Army Staff, Sani Abacha rolled out tanks and mowed down protesters who agitated against the annulment.

According to journalist Richard Akinnola, Okanlawon who is now maimed - is fortunate to be alive as he survived the chaos which saw hundreds of victims killed.

Despite several treatments and surgical operations, he is still limping. He was referred to India for further treatment and surgery but no financial help came and is reported to be still suffering till date.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/06/okanlawon-who-survived-the-june-12-annulment-protest.html

Very sad. Those who made serious sacrifices to fight for our democracy have been forgotten.

It could easily have been me injured like this.
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by somadinho10: 8:23am On Jun 12, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
whether political reason or not he did the right thing.if past leaders have been doing the right thing for political reason then we should have move past the era of collosal failures
talk more about medicine after death.... Why didn't he comment in the issue since 2003 that he was soliciting for votes

1 Like

Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by omerukokwuru(m): 8:29am On Jun 12, 2018
I personally think this administration is very insincere, for one to award post humoues GCFR award to MKO is commendable but those responsible for the annulment and eventual assassination of MKO should be made to pay for their dastardly act , then it would appear that this exercise to honour Abiola as genuine

1 Like

Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by GavelSlam: 8:38am On Jun 12, 2018
somadinho10:
Any yoruba man or woman who does not know that Buhari only did this for political reason is a very big fool

So he could not have ignored June 12 like Obasanjo or Jonathan or even Shonekan?

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by GavelSlam: 8:41am On Jun 12, 2018
omerukokwuru:
I personally think this administration is very insincere, for one to award post humoues GCFR award to MKO is commendable but those responsible for the annulment and eventual assassination of MKO should be made to pay for their dastardly act , then it would appear that this exercise to honour Abiola as genuine

How exactly would you do that?

I can almost bet if I look through your contributions on Nairaland, I would find where you wrote witch hunt whenever corrupt politicians were prosecuted.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by ORIENTATION101: 8:41am On Jun 12, 2018
somadinho10:
talk more about medicine after death.... Why didn't he comment in the issue since 2003 that he was soliciting for votes
if it is medicine after death wait after inec announce results of 2019
it is better to be late than never.he won south west without June 12

1 Like

Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by 2016v2017: 8:47am On Jun 12, 2018
bayelsaowei:
and the same supporters of the annulment back then are in power presently and fools are ready to re-vote them.. Nigeria has no hope..

Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by 2016v2017: 8:49am On Jun 12, 2018
humilitypays:
....and 20yrs after, the chief adviser and strong supporter of the man that pressured for the annulment of that credible election and even headed the crushing of supporters finally decided to recognize the man they hated and killed and wiped his family as the winner and even conferred him with the honor of GCFR just to spite IBB and OBJ who advised him not to seek for reelection, and his people are rejoicing and already preparing in ecstacy to vote him in again for another term in office, hoping he announces Oladipo Diya as the rightful president in 1994 cry cry
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by 2016v2017: 8:50am On Jun 12, 2018
somadinho10:
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by Okoroawusa: 8:51am On Jun 12, 2018
somadinho10:
Is it your fool?

2 Likes

Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by Seun360(m): 8:55am On Jun 12, 2018
anonymuz:
You could have just wasted your precious life for nothing.same Yoruba people betrayed abiola. Ma no lo mo n wo eyin e. Meaning, lead the dance I'm behind you...so after things get wrong in the front,easier for them to turn back and later change the tune of the music.

Na yoruba u type so?

1 Like

Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by tallestcash: 9:11am On Jun 12, 2018
I pray this man and all other people who wounded during June 12 can be well compensate
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by akdjr(m): 9:13am On Jun 12, 2018
I hereby present him an award "VOP" victim of Protest.
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 12, 2018
anonymuz:
You could have just wasted your precious life for nothing.same Yoruba people betrayed abiola. Ma no lo mo n wo eyin e. Meaning, lead the dance I'm behind you...so after things get wrong in the front,easier for them to turn back and later change the tune of the music.

Yoruba or ibos colluded with the military to betray the struggle just like you are doing today?

Mofo. Read the trash you typed. That's not yoruba.
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 12, 2018
bayelsaowei:
and the same supporters of the annulment back then are in power presently and fools are ready to re-vote them.. Nigeria has no hope..

Animal. Your hero awarded abacha.
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by efighter: 10:06am On Jun 12, 2018
humilitypays:
....and 20yrs after, the chief adviser and strong supporter of the man that pressured for the annulment of that credible election and even headed the crushing of supporters finally decided to recognize the man they hated and killed and wiped his family as the winner and even conferred him with the honor of GCFR just to spite IBB and OBJ who advised him not to seek for reelection, and his people are rejoicing and already preparing in ecstacy to vote him in again for another term in office, hoping he announces Oladipo Diya as the rightful president in 1994 cry cry

This one is another unfortunate fellow. You should be crying over the 3,000,000 of your brethren that were used for pepper soup and suya between 1967 and 1970 instead of whining over Yoruba/Hausa issue.

1 Like

Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by Pavarottii(m): 10:52am On Jun 12, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
Past leaders like who?
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by Dareal90s(m): 12:30pm On Jun 12, 2018
bayelsaowei:

What do u know? Nothing.
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by Dareal90s(m): 12:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
humilitypays:

Ehhn , what's your problem with that? Nobody would hold u from voting against him
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by CioAngels(f): 12:52pm On Jun 12, 2018
I wonder what will happen to the gun pointer who destroyed democracy in 1993 and the most singular person to enjoy democracy for 16years and still stole money also. May Abiola's head judge you now that the secret is in the open after 25years, do you see that there is no secret, because you have been thanking God for covering your deeds of 25year ago. Mr Buhari, this is an acid test to punish those that derailed democracy which will make you a Hero.
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by pcicero(m): 1:32pm On Jun 12, 2018
He is my friend. We call him Okhlagogo.

Thank God for that mild fever on the next morning after Abiola's death. I could have been shot too. I couldn't leave the hostel (Angola Hall).

I was all alone as all the students have been mobilized for the protests. When my roommates got back they were happy to see me in the room knowing my antecedents.I got news that students have been shot.

Days after, we were asked to evacuate the campus. I had another close encounter with a Mopol along Ife-Ibadan who asked me to disembark from the commuter bus because i looked like one of the protesters.

If you knew me then, aluta was written all over me.

Sadly, those who paid the price have not reaped anything from the dawn of democracy.
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by diadem10: 1:48pm On Jun 12, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
It made us move past the era of collosal failures of Buhari indeed. Yeye dey smell. Especially from a man that adores Abacha and believes he did no wrong.
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by somadinho10: 2:28pm On Jun 12, 2018
GavelSlam:

So he could not have ignored June 12 like Obasanjo or Jonathan or even Shonekan?

medicine after death.... He should have done it since 2015
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by GavelSlam: 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2018
somadinho10:
medicine after death.... He should have done it since 2015

Why?

Because you are scared he has scored a political point by doing so now.

Ntoor!
Re: Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) by Wiinnd(m): 4:11pm On Jun 12, 2018
This day I remember June 12 building in the University of Benin (UniBen).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2023: How Kwankwaso, Obi Will Pinch Votes Off Atiku, Tinubu - Daily Trust / Court Orders IGP Egbetokun To Arrest EFCC Chairman, Olukoyede / Police AIG Summons Case Files Of Man Who Named His Dog ‘Buhari’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.