Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:26 AM

Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! (9577 Views)

Christians Beware Of These Wolves / Christians Beware / Christians Beware Of .... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by chynie: 10:33am On Jun 10, 2018
ignis:
All what we need is salvation of our souls and not being conscious of so called "little sins".
How can u get salvation of your soul if you can't try to avoid little sins
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by congorasta: 10:34am On Jun 10, 2018
not every sin leads to death.

St James
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by congorasta: 10:34am On Jun 10, 2018
not every sin leads to death.

St James
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by ollah2: 10:38am On Jun 10, 2018
kingDELE:
so person wea do yahoo plus and person wea keep malice fit b neighbors for hell fire.

respect d hustlers

U no no before ni. Even person wey kill and person wey steal na same offence but if the person wey kill ask for forgiveness before him die then na straight to heaven whike the person wey steal na hell fire even if the thing na 10 naira.
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Nobody: 10:45am On Jun 10, 2018
Okuchris:
The word "SIN" is not just a word,but a broad one at that.
The best thing to do is,pick a particular sin we love committing, work towards avoiding it by all means,pray to God to help us survive without it,then pick another.
We can never be perfect but strife to be perfect at all times.
If we are determine,God will help us.
"...Nothing like SIN. It's non extant, a vague conditioning of the mind due to socio-religious indoctrinations..." Bru ha ha ha ha ha
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by kingDELE(m): 10:52am On Jun 10, 2018
ollah2:

U no no before ni. Even person wey kill and person wey steal na same offence but if the person wey kill ask for forgiveness before him die then na straight to heaven whike the person wey steal na hell fire even if the thing na 10 naira.
no big sin or small sin o!!..

we all need d grace of God to make Heaven.

me no dey cast visible sinners again o!!!!
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by antidisestablis: 10:54am On Jun 10, 2018
Justnice11:
I remember my primary school days when teachers asked class prefects to write names of talkatives. There was this squad called 'odeshi'; whenever names of talkatives were being written, that's when they made the most noise.

This is because no matter how many times or how hard teacher caned them they would never scream or cry.
Their names were always at the top and always had double punishment or triple punishment attached.

The serious students on the other hand did not really make noise but sometimes just whispering to someone made them find their names on the list of talkatives .
When the teacher came for the list to cane, those 'odeshi'; knew themselves so they would even not wait till their names were mentioned.

As the teacher begun to mention the names the serious student would hear his name and say "Oh Sir but i did not talk?" Then the teacher would reply, "But how come your name is on the list?"

So by all means the serious student would be caned.
It turned out that all those who were jumping about and
disturbing the class end up being equal with those who just whispered.

This is how the end is going to be.
Some people have sold their souls to the devil, they have signed contracts with hell, so won't be surprised to see
themselves there.
With this kind of mentality they make sure they really
enjoy life before their death.

But what about a believer? Beloved, what about you? Would you go to church, sing, dance, play instruments, teach, preach, prophesy, lead choir, usher, pay huge offerings, pay all tithes, blow tongues, only to find yourself in hell?

Dont let the little sin you could have avoided lead you to hell...
Forgive others their sins as God has forgiven you. Make good use of your days on earth so that you can give a proper account to your MAKER.
Don't let the whispering sin make you equal with hell racers!

*save a soul by sharing*
God bless you for sharing this

1 Like

Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by itoba4real(m): 11:16am On Jun 10, 2018
little sin is more deadlier than those we assume are the big ones.in the sight of God they are all equal as he is holy and can never behold iniquity.we must strive to overcome those little sins that sets us back so that we would make heaven at last.
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by ignis: 11:43am On Jun 10, 2018
chynie:

How can u get salvation of your soul if you can't try to avoid little sins
Salvation is accepting christ as your personal lord and saviour and not trying to live a "sinless life".
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:51am On Jun 10, 2018
Sin is not an action but a nature which those who are not abiding in Jesus, have. The result of this sinful nature is made known by all manner of immoral actions.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jun 10, 2018
I am a Muslim,but I can see many of u here are confused,all sins don't have same magnitude of evil,someone who stole a meat,is completely diff from someone who robbed bank in offa,both are sins no doubt,but one is more evil, which attract more punishment than d other.God is just,read ur bible with understanding

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 10, 2018
Justnice11:
I remember my primary school days when teachers asked class prefects to write names of talkatives. There was this squad called 'odeshi'; whenever names of talkatives were being written, that's when they made the most noise.

This is because no matter how many times or how hard teacher caned them they would never scream or cry.
Their names were always at the top and always had double punishment or triple punishment attached.

The serious students on the other hand did not really make noise but sometimes just whispering to someone made them find their names on the list of talkatives .
When the teacher came for the list to cane, those 'odeshi'; knew themselves so they would even not wait till their names were mentioned.

As the teacher begun to mention the names the serious student would hear his name and say "Oh Sir but i did not talk?" Then the teacher would reply, "But how come your name is on the list?"

So by all means the serious student would be caned.
It turned out that all those who were jumping about and
disturbing the class end up being equal with those who just whispered.

This is how the end is going to be.
Some people have sold their souls to the devil, they have signed contracts with hell, so won't be surprised to see
themselves there.
With this kind of mentality they make sure they really
enjoy life before their death.

But what about a believer? Beloved, what about you? Would you go to church, sing, dance, play instruments, teach, preach, prophesy, lead choir, usher, pay huge offerings, pay all tithes, blow tongues, only to find yourself in hell?

Dont let the little sin you could have avoided lead you to hell...
Forgive others their sins as God has forgiven you. Make good use of your days on earth so that you can give a proper account to your MAKER.
Don't let the whispering sin make you equal with hell racers!

*save a soul by sharing*
Wow, even as a Muslim I find it really insightful!

Have you believed in Allah and his messenger?
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Ojuororun(m): 12:37pm On Jun 10, 2018
the word "christian" means the disbelievers or nonbelievers.
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
Noted, OP. smiley
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by MarieSucre(f): 12:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
Sodiquinone:
I am a Muslim,but I can see many of u here are confused,all sins don't have same magnitude of evil,someone who stole a meat,is completely diff from someone who robbed bank in offa,both are sins no doubt,but one is more evil, which attract more punishment than d other.God is just,read ur bible with understanding

It's not the same with Christianity. In Islam there are specifics punishments proscribed for specific sins in Jahannam, for example people who practice usury will have their skull crushed repeatedly and women who refused to wear the veil will be hung by their hair and breast in the fire. But in Christianity all sins are equal and the punishment is one.
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by MarieSucre(f): 12:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
All of you condemning gays while committing fornication with your girlfriends. This is post is for you. Hell fire is your abode.
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Okuchris(f): 12:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
Noel1:
"...Nothing like SIN. It's non extant, a vague conditioning of the mind due to socio-religious indoctrinations..." Bru ha ha ha ha ha
just try and listen to yourself
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Mpanyi: 12:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
Benz4pimp:
All sins carry same punishment!!!
Lie from the pit of hell!
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Mpanyi: 12:46pm On Jun 10, 2018
bennymark:
Do not be deceived stealing a piece of meat from your mothers pot and stealing millions from the bank is still stealing, that they are of different dimensions and magnitudes does not mean they are different. None of them will take you to heaven, both offences lead to hell

Study to shew thyself approved, pray for more understanding of the Bible

Another lie from hell, even with the biblical quotations you still failed it. You can't be wiser than God himself.
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Nobody: 12:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
MarieSucre:

It's not the same with Christianity. In Islam there are specifics punishments proscribed for specific sins in Jahannam, for example people who practice usury will have their skull crushed repeatedly and women who refused to wear the veil will be hung by their hair and breast in the fire. But in Christianity all sins are equal and the punishment is one.

women who refused to wear the veil will be hung by their hair and breast in the fire. Who told u this great lie..smh.so d person that stole a pen is the same with the person person that robbed bank,and u think God is just,where is the Justice in this?
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Mpanyi: 12:52pm On Jun 10, 2018
Sodiquinone:

Thank you. Don't mind those protestants. They want to make it look as if human law is better than God's. Because in human judicial system we have, we have different categories of crimes with their different punishments. The bible makes it clear but they choose to show they are wiser than God.
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Nobody: 12:53pm On Jun 10, 2018
Okuchris:
just try and listen to yourself
Na me talk am? U no see she na excerpt?
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jun 10, 2018
on the 'last day', nothing corrupt will enter the kingdom of God. That is true and no one doubts that. But 'before the last day' which is now, bro you don't expect to be given the same punishment with someone who stole 10 naira if you stole 1million naira.

Stop lying to yourselves. If you like go and kill and expect yourself and a guy who only lied to receive the same magnitude of punishment here on earth. Na you go tell your story by yourself....next time when you see big sin, you will never commit it.
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by ModsareChevres: 1:02pm On Jun 10, 2018
ignis:
All what we need is salvation of our souls and not being conscious of so called "little sins".

You are toying with hell!
Do you attend Christ Embassy
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by ModsareChevres: 1:05pm On Jun 10, 2018
Sodiquinone:

women who refused to wear the veil will be hung by their hair and breast in the fire. Who told u this great lie..smh.so d person that stole a pen is the same with the person person that robbed bank,and u think God is just,where is the Justice in this?

In hell, people will suffer according to the magnitude of their sins.
Likewise, in heaven people will enjoy according to the magnitude of their righteousness and/or holiness.

Hell is undesirable, all the same. The lowest in heaven is infinitely better off!
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by MarieSucre(f): 1:18pm On Jun 10, 2018
Sodiquinone:

Imam Ali ibna Abu Thalib and Hadrat Fatimah once visited the Prophet SAW and found him in tears. They asked him the cause and he replied:

"O Ali, on the night of my ascension (Miraj) I saw women of my ummah who were being severely punished that I became concerned for them and started crying. I saw a woman who had been hung by her breast... Yet another woman's body was being shredded to pieces by scissors made of fire...

Fatimah then inquired her father, "Please, tell me, what did these women do (to deserve such punishment)?" Then the Prophet SAW said: "Listen my dear; The one who was hanging by her breast used to deny her husband, his rightful pleasure...the one whose body was being cut by scissors made of fire never observed hijab in front of non mahrem men.
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by codedearner(m): 1:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
This is edifying, Good one OP...keep it up.
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
MarieSucre:

Imam Ali ibna Abu Thalib and Hadrat Fatimah once visited the Prophet SAW and found him in tears. They asked him the cause and he replied:

"O Ali, on the night of my ascension (Miraj) I saw women of my ummah who were being severely punished that I became concerned for them and started crying. I saw a woman who had been hung by her breast... Yet another woman's body was being shredded to pieces by scissors made of fire...

Fatimah then inquired her father, "Please, tell me, what did these women do (to deserve such punishment)?" Then the Prophet SAW said: "Listen my dear; The one who was hanging by her breast used to deny her husband, his rightful pleasure...the one whose body was being cut by scissors made of fire never observed hijab in front of non mahrem men.

u chose to ignore the other question I raised, as for the quote u brought, its not authentic ,stop spreading the lie read more here
https://kamerdawah./2017/12/13/about-the-authenticity-of-the-strange-hadith-of-ali-and-fatimah-about-the-9-women-in-the-fire/
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by ignis: 2:39pm On Jun 10, 2018
ModsareChevres:

You are toying with hell!
Do you attend Christ Embassy

Go and read your bible well.
Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by bennymark(m): 3:24pm On Jun 10, 2018
cry cry cry I no quote bible ooo

Mpanyi:

Another lie from hell, even with the biblical quotations you still failed it. You can't be wiser than God himself.

Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by eniorisha(m): 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2018
Well, to me, Only Mercy can deliver us Christians, including d so called fire brand brethren. Just be full of good deeds. Have humility, charity, patience, love for strangers & destitute, etc. One's good deeds increase God's Mercy over him. Good deeds & humility is more powerful than Prayers & fasting. Prayer & fasting is meaningless without obedience, humility & good deeds.

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Beware Of Little Sins! by Mpanyi: 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2018
bennymark:
cry cry cry I no quote bible ooo

Didn't say you did. Somebody gave a quotation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Asymmetric Nature Of The Christian Sin Economy / Why So Much Noise About Giving Today? / Church Flyers: Is Refusing To Collect It A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.