Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) (15131 Views)

Khaleesi / Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds / Diarry Of Capt. Muller (my DDR GSD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Eveezy(m): 4:01pm On Jun 26, 2018
rumenase:

then type should be the right word to use and pls tell us what yu know about this DDR bloodline.
its a DDR working line gsd from Tom of household bloodline or should I say bullet of house hold, d grand sire
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by rumenase(m): 7:28am On Jun 27, 2018
Eveezy:

its a DDR working line gsd from Tom of household bloodline or should I say bullet of house hold, d grand sire

OK. so is the term DDR bloodline the right word to use sir?
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Eveezy(m): 7:32am On Jun 27, 2018
rumenase:

OK. so is the term DDR bloodline the right word to use sir?
its not the right term to use, but you know what he means, u corrected BT didn't provide d right answer either.
when correcting someone, its important u correct with the right answer, else u don't bother.

if a person says 2 + 2 is 6, and u feel its nt correct, u give d right answer and not by saying 2+2 is 7.
you just shot urself in d leg

hope u understand my analogy nw? I ve explained to u how d term bloodline should be used

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by rumenase(m): 7:39am On Jun 27, 2018
Eveezy:

when correcting someone, its important u correct with the right answer, else u don't bother.

if a person says 2 + 2 is 6, and u feel its nt correct, u give d right answer and not by saying 2+2 is 7.

hope u understand my analogy nw? I ve explained to u how d term bloodline should be used

if yu check my earlier post I stated clearly what I know bloodline to be (so there is no shooting of legs from me but yu because in my post about styles yu did not state otherwise) but OP wasn't convinced probably because the same term was used by people he looks up to and I get yur explanation of blood line very well but not everyone will so being concise won't hurt.

2 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 8:20am On Jun 27, 2018
Please, DDR bloodline is the right term to use as I was referring to the bloodline of my dogs, their sire and their grand sire.

If you think it is wrong, please provide references that state that the phrase "DDR Bloodline" is not to be used.
Eveezy:

its not the right term to use, but you know what he means, u corrected BT didn't provide d right answer either.

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Rany4all(m): 9:02am On Jun 27, 2018
Guys I think, right or wrong, the important thing is we all understood what OP meant - his dogs are from a DDR ancestry.

Personally, though, I don't think it's entirely wrong to use the term 'ddr bloodline' in that sense. Yes 'bloodline' in a simple way refers to a particular dog's family tree over many generations, ie parents, grandparents, great grandparents, and so on, but if I want to tell people the particular type of dog those family tree members are, especially when they're all of same type, then I see no reason why I can't simply say 'DDR bloodline.'

Hope I made some sense... cheesy (where is that running man emoji when you need one!)

5 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Eveezy(m): 9:11am On Jun 27, 2018
skull2:
Please, DDR bloodline is the right term to use as I was referring to the bloodline of my dogs, their sire and their grand sire.

If you think it is wrong, please provide references that state that the phrase "DDR Bloodline" is not to be used.
The context in which u use the bloodline is not wrong considering the fact that one of d parents is of another line. So one could say its of DDR bloodline.

what I am just trying to point out is that Bloodline is kinda deeper dan just lines, I do not know DDR bloodlines but I know that Bullet of household is sire to Tom of household, and Tom of house hold is your pup sire, since Bullet is the oldest generation I know of, its safe to say my pup is from the d DDR Bloodline of Bullet of household. I do not know if u re getting me, like d statement "blood is thicker dan water" and if DNA test or blood tests re taken on ur dog, d bloodline could be traced to bullet of household, that's all am trying to say.

am not trying to correct u or tell u that u re wrong, cos I know what u mean by DDR bloodline, afterall household is like one of d only DDR breeder I know of, hence most DDR in 9ja re of his dogs bloodline, safe to say "DDR bloodline" but if u wanna go deeper its wrong.
Take for instance, Someone asks you, what line of Gsds do u ve? you answer "I have DDR", the person responds " wow! I ve read so much about them, which of the bloodlines is ur pup from"

seems I am going far into pedigree nw

4 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 10:09am On Jun 27, 2018
Eveezy:

The context in which u use the bloodline is not wrong considering the fact that one of d parents is of another line. So one could say its of DDR bloodline.

what I am just trying to point out is that Bloodline is kinda deeper dan just lines, I do not know DDR bloodlines but I know that Bullet of household is sire to Tom of household, and Tom of house hold is your pup sire, since Bullet is the oldest generation I know of, its safe to say my pup is from the d DDR Bloodline of Bullet of household. I do not know if u re getting me, like d statement "blood is thicker dan water" and if DNA test or blood tests re taken on ur dog, d bloodline could be traced to bullet of household, that's all am trying to say.

am not trying to correct u or tell u that u re wrong, cos I know what u mean by DDR bloodline, afterall household is like one of d only DDR breeder I know of, hence most DDR in 9ja re of his dogs bloodline, safe to say "DDR bloodline" but if u wanna go deeper its wrong.
Take for instance, Someone asks you, what line of Gsds do u ve? you answer "I have DDR", the person responds " wow! I ve read so much about them, which of the bloodlines is ur pup from"

seems I am going far into pedigree nw
Thank you for the explanation. I now have a better understanding of these terms.

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Mariojames95(m): 9:06am On Jun 28, 2018
mean... I've been working my a*ss off lately to get a good DDR gsd. only if I could know the price tag so I'll know where I'm heading to.. someone please help me on this one.
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Rany4all(m): 9:23am On Jun 28, 2018
Mariojames95:
mean... I've been working my a*ss off lately to get a good DDR gsd. only if I could know the price tag so I'll know where I'm heading to.. someone please help me on this one.
Last time I checked asking price was 150k for a pup.

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 10:13am On Jun 28, 2018
Rany4all:
That's correct.
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Mariojames95(m): 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2018
Rany4all:
thanks bro but would 100k get me something nice.. it's hard for a student to come up with all this cash.. how can I talk to you privately
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Rany4all(m): 3:46pm On Jun 28, 2018
Mariojames95:
thanks bro but would 100k get me something nice.. it's hard for a student to come up with all this cash.. how can I talk to you privately
Of course 100k can get you a very high quality dog, maybe even a DDR...it all depends on the seller and your bargaining power.

You may click the link below to see a sample of just what 100k can get you:

https://www.nairaland.com/4570503/1-male-quality-working-straight
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Mariojames95(m): 5:05pm On Jun 28, 2018
Rany4all:
Of course 100k can get you a very high quality dog, maybe even a DDR...it all depends on the seller and your bargaining power.

You may click the link below to see a sample of just what 100k can get you:

https://www.nairaland.com/4570503/1-male-quality-working-straight
thanks bro.. you just made my day
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 12:51pm On Jul 02, 2018
Caesar of Household - 9 months old

2 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 12:56pm On Jul 02, 2018
Caesar of Household - 9 months.

He is lean and he is solid muscle throughout.

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 1:06pm On Jul 02, 2018
Khaleesi of Household at 6 months old

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 1:09pm On Jul 02, 2018
Khaleesi of Household (6 months).

Great companion. She always wants to be by my side and willing to please me at all times.

3 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 1:10pm On Jul 02, 2018
Khaleesi of Household at 6 months old

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by rumenase(m): 12:51am On Jul 03, 2018
skull2:
Caesar of Household - 9 months old
impressive.

2 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 7:18am On Jul 03, 2018
Good morning Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please can someone tell me if Khaleesi will be Stock (short) coat or long coated.
I don't have enough experience to tell.

Thanks.

cc: menkano, Didilove1, Eveezy, Rany4all, Tiddoll, Vincentjk, olisafincy, cynophilepetts, Rumenase, imitor4us, mariojames95 and all

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Rany4all(m): 7:48am On Jul 03, 2018
skull2:

Please can someone tell me if Khaleesi will be Stock (short) coat or long coated.

Thanks.

cc: menkano, Didilove1, Eveezy, Rany4all, Tiddoll, Vincentjk, olisafincy, cynophilepetts, Rumenase, imitor4us, mariojames95 and all
I think she's short, or maybe medium, but definitely not long coated.

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by vincentjk(m): 8:34am On Jul 03, 2018
skull2:

Thanks.

I think the coat will neither be long nor too short but will grow normal unlike that of Gustaf. Just like Rany4all has said.

Khaleesi is just more than cute

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by TIDDOLL(m): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2018
skull2:

Thanks.

[/b]She's Medium coat/Plush coat...
Definately not Long as Rany4all said, nd she boast tad more than a short coat.[b]

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Eveezy(m): 8:36am On Jul 03, 2018
skull2:

Thanks.

she's plush coated, in between long coat and short coat

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Mariojames95(m): 9:05am On Jul 03, 2018
skull2:

Thanks.

I personally think she is medium coat.. but anyway you got a great dog(one of best I've come across)

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 5:43pm On Jul 03, 2018
Many thanks to all.
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Cynophilepetts(m): 8:47pm On Jul 04, 2018
its a short stock coat

3 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Cynophilepetts(m): 8:55pm On Jul 04, 2018
well you are not entirely wrong,i personally belive bloodline are series of traits coded in the gene pool of a different dogs but same breed and its best known to only the breeder of the dog,so i think saying DDR a bloodline is wrong,however the much better word to term any sub type of the Gsd types is styles,simply say DDR style,czech republic style,west german style,e.t.c thanks
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Cynophilepetts(m): 9:10pm On Jul 04, 2018
DDR bloodline is wrong to sir,i wont refer you to any article as you didnt make references to any while you stating your claims...first let me help you all by explaining what bloodline is,A bloodline is a series of trait coded in the gene of different dogs but same breed and this is best known to the breeder only,now DDR is a sub type of Gsd ,we have mainly two types,the workingline and the showline,now DDR falls under the working type,and this sub type is referred to as style ,A style shows the phenotype of a dog .and we all know each style has common features that makes them unique for there name...so style is the right term to use instead of bloodline...
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Eveezy(m): 11:08pm On Jul 04, 2018
Cynophilepetts:
DDR bloodline is wrong to sir,i wont refer you to any article as you didnt make references to any while you stating your claims...first let me help you all by explaining what bloodline is,A bloodline is a series of trait coded in the gene of different dogs but same breed and this is best known to the breeder only,now DDR is a sub type of Gsd ,we have mainly two types,the workingline and the showline,now DDR falls under the working type,and this sub type is referred to as style ,A style shows the phenotype of a dog .and we all know each style has common features that makes them unique for there name...so style is the right term to use instead of bloodline...
nawa! bro mk we keep the thing asside, e Don pass, I explained to him already

2 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 7:57am On Jul 05, 2018
Cynophilepetts:
its a short stock coat
So, I guess Khaleesi will either be short coat or plush coat/medium coat.

Let us watch her grow.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Caucasian Shepherd Dog Thread: Post Your Dogs Pics / How To Identify A Pure GSD For A Newbies / I Sell Any Kind Of Breeds Of Dogs Both Adults And Pups.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.