Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,718 members, 7,809,727 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:00 PM

CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) (15002 Views)

Khaleesi / Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds / Diarry Of Capt. Muller (my DDR GSD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Cynophilepetts(m): 5:04pm On Jun 20, 2018
hey re both Gsds.

they both ve erect earz, same muzzle, same colour pattern, only diff is size, temperament and angulation[/quote] Impressive, But U Must Understand Each Type As Well As Styles Of Gsd Has Individual Function/purpose Of Breeding,u Must Note That And Do Nt Deviate From Them, Workingline Crossing With Showline Exist But U Must Understand This Has Some Negative Effects On The Offsprings And When Continue Breeding Down That Line We Create Dogs With Unstable Temperament And Bad Hind Quaters To Mention But A Few, I Will Say Its Easier To Create Problems/fault In Breeding,but It Takes Years Of Study,praticals And Proper Breeding To Correct It,goodluck Ya'll

4 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Cynophilepetts(m): 5:07pm On Jun 20, 2018
Rany4all:
My friend, the word 'funny' does not have only one meaning...it doesn't always have to refer to something comical or amusing. It could also mean 'silly,' 'ridiculous,' and so on.

Please you don't have to go about disrespecting others. Share your thoughts politely and make healthy conversation rather than moving from one thread to another insulting other posters.

#NoOffenceIntended
Lol Av Only Made A Befitting Comments,av Not Insulted Anyone Or Been Rude.
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Rany4all(m): 5:11pm On Jun 20, 2018
Cynophilepetts:
Lol Av Only Made A Befitting Comments,av Not Insulted Anyone Or Been Rude.
Not surprising at all, because people that are rude don't often realize they are. It's all about how you're perceived by others, ain't it?

2 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Cynophilepetts(m): 5:12pm On Jun 20, 2018
Eveezy:

have owned both lines? these show lines are not as weak as u think ooo, there re working lines that cant work at all oo
True.But I Guess U Av To Fully Study,know N Understand The Concept Of This Workingline Dogs And U Will See That Showlines Doesnt Belong To That Category At All, Am A Canine Academia Am Much Open For Educative Correction And Learning,

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Eveezy(m): 6:21pm On Jun 20, 2018
Cynophilepetts:
True.But I Guess U Av To Fully Study,know N Understand The Concept Of This Workingline Dogs And U Will See That Showlines Doesnt Belong To That Category At All, Am A Canine Academia Am Much Open For Educative Correction And Learning,
sure, and am sure from your studies you should know that other breeds have working and showlines, now look at the argument
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 6:35pm On Jun 20, 2018
@Eveezy: Many thanks for the clarification.
Eveezy:

where did he say they have same? he said similar
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 6:58pm On Jun 20, 2018
The German Shepherd Dog is one breed regardless of the different bloodlines that exist within the breed.

I have owned showline GSDs in the past and I now own DDR working line GSDs. I can tell you from experience that they are the same breed and possess SIMILAR character. Only that the DDR working line GSDs have higher drives than their showline counterpart.

Though I am not an authority in German Shepherd breeding, I see nothing wrong in mixing a DDR German shepherd with working lines, Czech lines or even with showline dogs.

Presently, I do not have knowledge of any new DDR progeny been introduced into Nigeria. So what we have is the progeny from Household Kennel.
For people like Household kennel, Olisafancy, Rany4all, vincentjk, myself and others who are trying to keep the DDR bloodline alive in Nigeria, it is important to introduce other dogs not related to the existing DDR progeny to avoid problems of too much inbreeding.
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Cynophilepetts(m): 7:59pm On Jun 20, 2018
Eveezy:

sure, and am sure from your studies you should know that other breeds have working and showlines, now look at the argument
other breeds that has do they differ in structure like the gsd,and mostly others just have some of them that can work in advance,you dont really have a point by saying this sir,no offence,Gsd is not to be compered to any other breed,no breed should be.
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Eveezy(m): 10:13pm On Jun 20, 2018
Cynophilepetts:
other breeds that has do they differ in structure like the gsd,and mostly others just have some of them that can work in advance,you dont really have a point by saying this sir,no offence,Gsd is not to be compered to any other breed,no breed should be.
apart from the roach, what else differs in structure?
Are u actually taking notes of what u re saying, you mentioned each lines were bred for specific purposes, showlines were bred for looks which is y dey ve slopy backs and more enlarged features(size)

Are my comparing breeds? you are the one saying they are entirely different, with ur arguments one can conclude DT u re saying they are different breeds.

Me using another breed as an analogy is to explain this showline and working line that u re emphasizing on in d Gsd

if ur argument is DT do other breeds differ in structure like the gsd, my answer is yes, some breeds do, The show line Neopolitan mastif differ from d working line, and its clear. the showlines Neapolitan mastifs are bred mainly for their exaggerated folds, just as a Gsd without a slope cannot win in such shows, neither will a neo without an exaggerated fold win.

Sir u re making points, but ur argument is nt feasible
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Cynophilepetts(m): 10:26pm On Jun 20, 2018
Eveezy:

apart from the roach, what else differs in structure?
Are u actually taking notes of what u re saying, you mentioned each lines were bred for specific purposes, showlines were bred for looks which is y dey ve slopy backs and more enlarged features(size)

Are my comparing breeds? you are the one saying they are entirely different, with ur arguments one can conclude DT u re saying they are different breeds.

Me using another breed as an analogy is to explain this showline and working line that u re emphasizing on in d Gsd

if ur argument is DT do other breeds differ in structure like the gsd, my answer is yes, some breeds do, The show line Neopolitan mastif differ from d working line, and its clear. the showlines Neapolitan mastifs are bred mainly for their exaggerated folds, just as a Gsd without a slope cannot win in such shows, neither will a neo without an exaggerated fold win.

Sir u re making points, but ur argument is nt feasible
am not an advocate for the shows,and if u said i said the workingline is entirely different from the showlines,yes i said so,one breed but different thats why they categorize them as types,of which the showline is never an ideal type of Gsd,its all this crazy FCI that keeps hyping them over the real gsd,, well i will live you to your believe about your knowledge sir cos it seems we honestly repeating facts over and over again.enjoy ur nyt
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Eveezy(m): 11:31pm On Jun 20, 2018
Cynophilepetts:
am not an advocate for the shows,and if u said i said the workingline is entirely different from the showlines,yes i said so,one breed but different thats why they categorize them as types,of which the showline is never an ideal type of Gsd,its all this crazy FCI that keeps hyping them over the real gsd,, well i will live you to your believe about your knowledge sir cos it seems we honestly repeating facts over and over again.enjoy ur nyt
yeah and thanks. I really did enjoy the conversation with you. You are obviously learned abt d breed hence would take such stand, have a good night as well

2 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 7:42am On Jun 22, 2018
Caesar of Household (DDR Bloodline) at 8 months old

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 7:44am On Jun 22, 2018
Caesar of Household (DDR Bloodline) at 8 months

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 7:45am On Jun 22, 2018
Khaleesi of Household (DDR Bloodline)

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 7:46am On Jun 22, 2018
Recent pictures are coming up soon...

2 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by rumenase(m): 12:13pm On Jun 22, 2018
good dogs OP but DDR is not a blood line it is a style of GSD.

2 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 12:29pm On Jun 22, 2018
Thanks for your observation but these styles of GSD are called lines. For example, Working line, Showline, Czech line, DDR line etc.
rumenase:
good dogs OP but DDR is not a blood line it is a style of GSD.
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by rumenase(m): 9:39pm On Jun 22, 2018
skull2:
Thanks for your observation but these styles of GSD are called lines. For example, Working line, Showline, Czech line, DDR line etc.

Yea sir but bloodline is different.
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 7:51am On Jun 23, 2018
Kindly explain the term "bloodline". For learning purposes
rumenase:

Yea sir but bloodline is different.
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by blessedvisky(m): 9:25am On Jun 23, 2018
skull2:
Khaleesi at 5 months old

Khalessi totally killed it here!! She looks so adorable!!. Good work with the dogs

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by rumenase(m): 9:36am On Jun 23, 2018
skull2:
Kindly explain the term "bloodline". For learning purposes

simply put it is an animal's set of ancestors or pedigree, especially with reference to the desirable characteristics bred into it. bloodline is the pedigree of the dog not the style if yu know the bloodline there are some things to expect from the puppy that is particular to that bloodline

3 Likes

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Rany4all(m): 12:52pm On Jun 23, 2018
rumenase:

simply put it is an animal's set of ancestors or pedigree, especially with reference to the desirable characteristics bred into it. bloodline is the pedigree of the dog not the style if yu know the bloodline there are some things to expect from the puppy that is particular to that bloodline
You sabi book! wink

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by rumenase(m): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
Rany4all:
You sabi book! wink

na yu Sabi pass o grin
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by rumenase(m): 12:57pm On Jun 23, 2018
Rany4all:
You sabi book! wink

na yu Sabi pass o grin
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 10:32am On Jun 25, 2018
rumenase:

Well noted. A million thanks for your explanation.
You can now see that i used the phrase "DDR Bloodline" in the context that you defined. DDR is a name for a unique German Shepherd ancestry so the term "DDR Bloodline" can be used.

Below are verifiable instances where it was used on net:
(1) https://thedailyshep.com/east-german-ddr-german-shepherd-8-most-important-facts/
you can see the phase "DDR bloodlines" under the subtitle: EAST/DDR German Shepherd Bloodline Chart.
(2)https://shepherdsgerman.com/old-ddr-german-shepherd-dogs/
You can see the phrase "DDR" bloodlines in the second sentence.
(3)http://www.vonultimate.com/czech-and-ddr-bloodline-chart/
You can see the phrase "DDR Bloodline" in the headline.
(4)https://www.nairaland.com/3965192/gsd-ddr-bloodlines-sale
even in our own nairaland, you can see the phrase used by someone that is an authority in DDR GSD breeding - the CEO of Household Kennels- in his train (topic): GSD (DDR Bloodlines) For sale.
Just to mention a few.
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by rumenase(m): 11:47am On Jun 25, 2018
skull2:

Well noted. A million thanks for your explanation.
You can now see that i used the phrase "DDR Bloodline" in the context that you defined. DDR is a name for a unique German Shepherd ancestry so the term "DDR Bloodline" can be used.

Below are verifiable instances where it was used on net:
(1) https://thedailyshep.com/east-german-ddr-german-shepherd-8-most-important-facts/
you can see the phase "DDR bloodlines" under the subtitle: EAST/DDR German Shepherd Bloodline Chart.
(2)https://shepherdsgerman.com/old-ddr-german-shepherd-dogs/
You can see the phrase "DDR" bloodlines in the second sentence.
(3)http://www.vonultimate.com/czech-and-ddr-bloodline-chart/
You can see the phrase "DDR Bloodline" in the headline.
(4)https://www.nairaland.com/3965192/gsd-ddr-bloodlines-sale
even in our own nairaland, you can see the phrase used by someone that is an authority in DDR GSD breeding - the CEO of Household Kennels- in his train (topic): GSD (DDR Bloodlines) For sale.
Just to mention a few.

not everything we see online is correct in FCI/SV I have never seen the word DDR bloodlines which actually says nothing about the ancestors but rather DDR/EAST GERMAN WORKING LINE I think DDR line would be more appropriate

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by skull2(m): 12:57pm On Jun 25, 2018
rumenase:

not everything we see online is correct in FCI/SV I have never seen the word DDR bloodlines which actually says nothing about the ancestors but rather DDR/EAST GERMAN WORKING LINE I think DDR line would be more appropriate
U mean the CEO of Household kennel is wrong and so many renown DDR GSD breeders that mentioned DDR Bloodline in their web sites are all wrong?
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by rumenase(m): 9:12pm On Jun 25, 2018
skull2:

U mean the CEO of Household kennel is wrong and so many renown DDR GSD breeders that mentioned DDR Bloodline in their web sites are all wrong?

he and every other person including me could be wrong nobody knows it all.

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by imitor4us(m): 11:56pm On Jun 25, 2018
But these are not slantback
skull2:
Introducing, Caesar of Household(male) and Khaleesi of Household (female). Both of them are DDR Bloodline. I adopted them From Household kennels.
I have always loved the straight back German Shepherd dogs for their exceptional temperaments and working ability.

Based on recommendation from Olisafancy, I got these pets from Household kennel. I must confess that Household Kennel breed wonderful working line German Shepherds with straight backs, large heads and thick bones. His dogs possess excellent drives that make them easy to train.

1 Like

Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by Eveezy(m): 6:09am On Jun 26, 2018
rumenase:

he and every other person including me could be wrong nobody knows it all.
so the term "style of Gsd" is correct? No No No! No No No No! No No No! No talk this kind thing outside abeg, we forgive u for the mistake u made here
Re: CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) by rumenase(m): 3:37pm On Jun 26, 2018
Eveezy:

so the term "style of Gsd" is correct? No No No! No No No No! No No No! No talk this kind thing outside abeg, we forgive u for the mistake u made here

then type should be the right word to use and pls tell us what yu know about this DDR bloodline.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Caucasian Shepherd Dog Thread: Post Your Dogs Pics / My Purebred Eskimo Gave Birth To An Ekuke Pup, Follow The Progress of The Pup / I Sell Any Kind Of Breeds Of Dogs Both Adults And Pups.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.