Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,875 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:02 PM

Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested (41764 Views)

Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges / Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) / Transcript Of IGP Ibrahim Idris' 'Transmission' Message (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Intrepid01(m): 8:53am On Jun 12, 2018
fyneIjay:

The media want to whitewash MKO

when will you people comprehend that June 12 wasn't about Abiola. It was about the Nigerian people that went to the poll and voted for their Candidate of choice but their will and choice was never allowed to see reality. June 12 isn't about the Candidate that won but about the people. Majority of those that stood up for June12 were not even people of Abiola's party but those who knew that the will of the people should never be trampled on by any authority.

Please get it right and stop the misconception..

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by vertueptime: 8:54am On Jun 12, 2018
saaron:
Most Nigerians do not know that there is an unwritten constitution that a Muslim from South West will never be Nigerian President. Nigerians better have it at the back of their minds that Babangida's decision to annulle Abiola's mandate was not an isolated action. It was a northern conspiracy to scuttle the rule by a South West Muslim. Babangida had no choice but to succumb to northern oligarchy, otherwise, Babangida himself would have been assassinated.

And abdulsalam allowed obj abi? He didnt sponsor his own candidates from the north, ur opinion.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by kolexy(m): 8:54am On Jun 12, 2018
Throwback:
Some people say June 12 is a Yoruba affair and not a national affair that should be regarded outside the SouthWest. Yet they are already crying marginalization because they were not awarded any national honour over the same June 12.

Below excerpts of the speech is what made Abiola a National Hero. But Nigeria failed him because at the sound of gun shots, the rest of Nigeria made it a Yoruba affair that it was no longer their business, despite not having democratic structures existing in their own regions too.

Abiola sacrificed himself.

So many people people were part of the struggle. For instance John Kayode Fayemi was coordinator Radio Kudirat.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Mustay(m): 9:03am On Jun 12, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Sorry but you are not making much sense here. This June 12 thing is not about MKO.

It's about the stolen mandate of the people.

Whether MKO was a saint or not the fact remains that majority of Nigerians cast their votes for him and he was denied that mandate given to him by the people.

This is not an Abiola struggle, this is a Nigerian struggle.

Most of you were not born during this era so you will never understand the hope that particular election signified for Nigerians at that point in time.

Femi Falana said something recently. There's a deliberate attempt to rewrite history by some people due to partisan politics. Things like it's a Yoruba thing, it's for 2019, he was not a saint etc. History may have been tampered with in our schools and these malicious people may twist stories today to confuse the Y2K generation but there's YouTube. Let them go watch the Oputa Panel, watch interviews of his family, watch interviews of MKO himself.

MKO sacrificed his wealth and family just to SERVE NIGERIA and one Senator tells us that because he is dead, he's no longer a Nigerian May he not incur the wrath of our armed forces who put their lives on the line to defend the country. That's an example of the dangerous and silly game some are trying to play with the event. Such dangerous statements that can send the wrong signals to paramilitary guys that is Nigeria worth dying for since their citizenship can be doubted after death?

The 2019 elections is another one. OBJ had the opportunity and he was from the same state with MKO but his inactions silenced this - so those who try to divide us along partisan lines can see that even your brother may not be your bro. Like they say, truth has no hiding place no matter how long we hide it.

I am happy to see the conduct of the Abiola family in recent interviews. You still see them talking about national unity despite losing two members of their family for Nigeria's sake. Times like this is when I wish TELL could upload their archives!
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by ujampie: 9:08am On Jun 12, 2018
In Nigeria, ur importance and input will never be noticed or rewarded until you are dead... .... The funny thing is that it's the same people that would honour u wen u are dead are the same one's that got u killed
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Ebunoluwa2020(f): 9:15am On Jun 12, 2018
Chief MKO Abiola (GCFR) is indeed an hero who deserve better than this,he sacrificed his life together with the one of his wife for Nigerian.he fought for what we call democracy that we enjoy today...rest on kashimaawo......God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 9:19am On Jun 12, 2018
Auladimeji:
Abiola is a criminal

My friend, I've just read the man's speech, what they did to this man is not just, in a sane country both IBB-BUHARI and co should have made to dance to the law... I remember the songs when I was small, he is a great man though not perfect with his choice of ticket but he would have been a better president than all, I still remember Abiola tomatoes in good old days...No insult please.

2 Likes

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by perdollar(m): 9:20am On Jun 12, 2018
heard DT rat poison killed him n awolowo.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by BabaIbo: 9:24am On Jun 12, 2018
koladebrainiac:
June 12 is a national struggle and not limited to Yoruba nation struggles. Jonathan did not declare June 12 a national day Obasanjo that benefited directly from the event did nothing. He even made so many efforts to ridicule the day itself.

They played politics with it.
Jonthan only tried to dangle icing cake. He did not even understand the struggle. he tried to name SCHOOL AFTER MOSHOOD which is irrelevant. the struggle is not only for Abiola but the entire nation. June 12 is a national struggle. a day one man robbed us all of our collective decision.

Now Buhari turned the whole thing around. He did one singular thing nobody has the mind to do in almost 25years. Politics or anything. even JONATHAN did play politics with it, but it did not work out.

But would this signify that Yoruba would vote for Buhari during 2019 election? well,as for me,i wont vote him,he still hasnt impressed me

But i dont know why Igbo are trying so much to condemn this day? its not as if they actually voted for Abiola or support june 12.majority of Igbo voted for TOFA. so why should their opinion matters?

whyy are they even getting from Nigeria? its not like they are either here or there.
Yoruba has ruled this country 8years,South South ahs ruled 6years, and for the sake of unity n fairness,we are saying the Igbo should make good calculation and vote for Buhari and wait till 2023 to compete. Not that its the idea thing,but we sey its the smartest thing to do. Maybe then they can decide to leave the union. its not a rocket science bro. this is politics. its not do or die.

Do you know that during his efforts to be the president of the country Azikiwe was part of his campaign team?

Ignorance is not an excuse, who is Nigeria's first president?
The South-south man got there not only by south-south's vote, Igbos contributed to his votes. If you check 2015, Igbos didn't come out to vote like previous election and it affected his chance but most Yorubas can't unite and support their fellow southern candidate if the candidate is not their own person.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by KingKingKing: 9:34am On Jun 12, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Imagine d otteranx of a man dt d Dullard make GCFR.
Afonja traitor
Tnx God he died.

Mumu fool.
Bastard Abiola
Ritualist man,u wnt 2 b President.

Abiola fada yansh der.

May your life be filled with sorrow forever...

insulting a man that fought for our democracy..

you don't know me but i will teach. u a bitter lesson for insulting a dead mam who fought for ur and my freedom....

you are a bastard, your family is a bastard, may the treatment meted to Abiola locate you and your generation...

U will never succeed.. now u will know that not everybody you insult on a faceless forum like this....

It just began...
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by muyiwatosin: 9:36am On Jun 12, 2018
he somehow made statements that could stir up the political atmosphere the more, though not enough to annul election.
yorubman can like to brag and shout, you never be presido, u don dey give order

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by BanjiHols(m): 9:36am On Jun 12, 2018
Afec1000givers:
Abiola is educated and exposed, i was disapointed in him anytime i read this his speech.you have a head of state operating under a dreadful military and you went ahead to declare urself a winner for a result that was never officially released. uhmmn AMBITION is sometime bad.

If United States Of America didn't take freedom by force from the British..You won't admire that country today

2 Likes

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Bluffly: 9:39am On Jun 12, 2018
ChaleeBendel:
After the above speech, Buhari’s friend, General Sani Abacha arrested Abiola and charged him with treason.
Truth be told, this speech is treason and at the same time, I like the guts because indeed it was required, unfortunately he wasn't prepared. Abacha and all other coup plotters also committed treason. What our National Assembly can do now is to declare treason and felony on all past military head of states instead of charging them for corruption.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Shaev7(m): 9:42am On Jun 12, 2018
God is not a sleeping God. He allows all that happens. The agenda Abiola had was more than Buhari's. All I know, Nigeria has missed and until we go back to wear our original shoe size, we can't walk properly.

God Bless Nigeria and her Citizens.

Meanwhile, to hell with today's June 12. Its a day not a celebration of whatever...
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by JULI3BAE: 9:43am On Jun 12, 2018
We were not there,we were not in their head,did not and can not read their minds and yet we are here arguing with each other over our leaders and also putting one tribe before another instead of us to think,plan and work together in making the country better for our future its really saddens me
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by monex(m): 9:46am On Jun 12, 2018
koladebrainiac:
June 12 is a national struggle and not limited to Yoruba nation struggles. Jonathan did not declare June 12 a national day Obasanjo that benefited directly from the event did nothing. He even made so many efforts to ridicule the day itself.

They played politics with it.
Jonthan only tried to dangle icing cake. He did not even understand the struggle. he tried to name SCHOOL AFTER MOSHOOD which is irrelevant. the struggle is not only for Abiola but the entire nation. June 12 is a national struggle. a day one man robbed us all of our collective decision.

Now Buhari turned the whole thing around. He did one singular thing nobody has the mind to do in almost 25years. Politics or anything. even JONATHAN did play politics with it, but it did not work out.

But would this signify that Yoruba would vote for Buhari during 2019 election? well,as for me,i wont vote him,he still hasnt impressed me

But i dont know why Igbo are trying so much to condemn this day? its not as if they actually voted for Abiola or support june 12.majority of Igbo voted for TOFA. so why should their opinion matters?

whyy are they even getting from Nigeria? its not like they are either here or there.
Yoruba has ruled this country 8years,South South ahs ruled 6years, and for the sake of unity n fairness,we are saying the Igbo should make good calculation and vote for Buhari and wait till 2023 to compete. Not that its the idea thing,but we sey its the smartest thing to do. Maybe then they can decide to leave the union. its not a rocket science bro. this is politics. its not do or die.

You say you are not voting Buhari becuase he hasnt impressed you.

but you encourage an entire tribe to vote him because it is the smartest thing to do.

you are very funny

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by highbee02: 9:48am On Jun 12, 2018
ChaleeBendel:
Background: After the annulment of the June 12, 1993 election which is universally acclaimed to have been won by late Chief M.L.O Abiola, there were pressures by Civil Society and the International Community on the Ibrahim Badamosi Babangida led Military Junta to rescind its decision and declare Chief Abiola as the winner of the election.

Taking Matters Into His Hands: Upon seeing that the Nigerian Government which was led by General Sani Abacha were not going to yield, Chief Abiola, flanked by his wife, Late Alhaja Kudirat Abiola as well as supporters converged at Epetedo, Lagos where he made the now famous ‘Epedeto Declaration’. Date was June 11, 1994

http://www.septemberpost.com/2018/06/11/june12special-heres-the-speech-that-cost-abiola-his-freedom-and-life/
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by chernest2002: 9:51am On Jun 12, 2018
We the igbos loved and voted Mko but i heard buhari people said they annulled the election because Mko was corrupt and also said he can do without igbos, that Mko used money to buy the victory, today the people who was ready to set Nigeria ablaze instead of giving Mko his deserved mandate are now fooling the gullible ones with award to the man they actually killed. I know and I trust the real Yorubas, they will not buy this crabs.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by greatAbdurl(m): 9:53am On Jun 12, 2018
Auladimeji:
He's still a devil

At least tell us what he did to warrant such label or keep shut permanently.
I hate it when MTN just dey dash 10mb upandan, it made some already stupid people popular grin
Auladimeji:
He's still a devil

At least tell us what he did to warrant such label or keep shut permanently.
I hate it when MTN just dey dash 10mb upandan, it made some already stupid people popular
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Mustay(m): 9:53am On Jun 12, 2018
BabaIbo:

If you check 2015, Igbos didn't come out to vote like previous election and it affected his chance but most Yorubas can't unite and support their fellow southern candidate if the candidate is not their own person.

Indeed. I normally don't respond to tribal stuff here because I know it's just a waste of time but please take a look at the 2011 election results.

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Nobody: 9:55am On Jun 12, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Afonja traitor
Tnx God he died.

Mumu fool.
Bastard Abiola

Abiola fada yansh der.

Wawa pig you can't even spell correctly and you are trolling a man whose shoe your generations would never be able to lace even in death.

Get a life osu.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Nobody: 9:57am On Jun 12, 2018
chernest2002:
We the igbos loved and voted Mko but i heard buhari people said they annulled the election because Mko was corrupt and also said he can do without igbos, that Mko used money to buy the victory, today the people who was ready to set Nigeria ablaze instead of giving Mko his deserved mandate are now fooling the gullible ones with award to the man they actually killed. I know and I trust the real Yorubas, they will not buy this crabs.

You the ibos voted tafa and colluded with the military to scuttle the struggle. Daniel kanu was organizing one million Wawa pigs to March for abacha. Don't rewrite history. That's why Ibos are still pained over this declaration.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Mustay(m): 10:04am On Jun 12, 2018
BabaIbo:

If you check 2015, Igbos didn't come out to vote like previous election and it affected his chance but most Yorubas can't unite and support their fellow southern candidate if the candidate is not their own person.

2015 election results.

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by ElsonMorali: 10:04am On Jun 12, 2018
Mustay:

Femi Falana said something recently. There's a deliberate attempt to rewrite history by some people due to partisan politics. Things like it's a Yoruba thing, it's for 2019, he was not a saint etc. History may have been tampered with in our schools and these malicious people may twist stories today to confuse the Y2K generation but there's YouTube. Let them go watch the Oputa Panel, watch interviews of his family, watch interviews of MKO himself.

MKO sacrificed his wealth and family just to SERVE NIGERIA and one Senator tells us that because he is dead, he's no longer a Nigerian May he not incur the wrath of our armed forces who put their lives on the line to defend the country. That's an example of the dangerous and silly game some are trying to play with the event. Such dangerous statements that can send the wrong signals to paramilitary guys that is Nigeria worth dying for since their citizenship can be doubted after death?

The 2019 elections is another one. OBJ had the opportunity and he was from the same state with MKO but his inactions silenced this - so those who try to divide us along partisan lines can see that even your brother may not be your bro. Like they say, truth has no hiding place no matter how long we hide it.

I am happy to see the conduct of the Abiola family in recent interviews. You still see them talking about national unity despite losing two members of their family for Nigeria's sake. Times like this is when I wish TELL could upload their archives!

The painful thing is that most of these people were not even conceived in their mothers' womb during the time period. But they will tell you how evil MKO Abiola was and how he did this and did that.

1 Like

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by chernest2002: 10:06am On Jun 12, 2018
schoolboij:

You the ibos voted tafa and colluded with the military to scuttle the struggle. Daniel kanu was organizing one million Wawa pigs to March for abacha. Don't rewrite history. That's why Ibos are still pained over this declaration.
go and check the election results and come back to talk, I don't debate with ignorant one.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by anonymous1759(m): 10:11am On Jun 12, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Afonja traitor
Tnx God he died.

Mumu fool.
Bastard Abiola

Abiola fada yansh der.

Who's your father?
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by 1miccza: 10:12am On Jun 12, 2018
saaron:
Most Nigerians do not know that there is an unwritten constitution that a Muslim from South West will never be Nigerian President. Nigerians better have it at the back of their minds that Babangida's decision to annulle Abiola's mandate was not an isolated action. It was a northern conspiracy to scuttle the rule by a South West Muslim. Babangida had no choice but to succumb to northern oligarchy, otherwise, Babangida himself would have been assassinated.

NOTE: FOR THOSE OF YOU QUOTING ME, HAVE IT AT THE BACK OF YOUR MIND THAT NORTHERN BORN TO RULE OLIGARCHY PREFER A SOUTHERN CHRISTIAN AS PRESIDENT THAN A SOUTHERN MUSLIM!

NO SOUTHERN MUSLIM WILL EVER BECOME NIGERIAN PRESIDENT!! TAKE THIS TO THE BANK.
THAT IS ONE NIGERIA FOR YOU.

Wow!!! this is news to me.. Enlighten me please, i want to know more..
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Timoleon(m): 10:14am On Jun 12, 2018
Bluffly:

Truth be told, this speech is treason and at the same time, I like the guts because indeed it was required, unfortunately he wasn't prepared. Abacha and all other coup plotters also committed treason. What our National Assembly can do now is to declare treason and felony on all past military head of states instead of charging them for corruption.

Thumbs up.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Nobody: 10:16am On Jun 12, 2018
chernest2002:
go and check the election results and come back to talk, I don't debate with ignorant one.

Seems you are blind. Abiola only won one ibo state.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by chernest2002: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2018
schoolboij:

Seems you are blind. Abiola only won one ibo state.

you are blind ,deaf and senseless .
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Nobody: 10:17am On Jun 12, 2018
saaron:

NOTE: FOR THOSE OF YOU QUOTING ME, HAVE IT AT THE BACK OF YOUR MIND THAT NORTHERN BORN TO RULE OLIGARCHY PREFER A SOUTHERN CHRISTIAN AS PRESIDENT THAN A SOUTHERN MUSLIM!

NO SOUTHERN MUSLIM WILL EVER BECOME NIGERIAN PRESIDENT!! TAKE THIS TO THE BANK.
THAT IS ONE NIGERIA FOR YOU.

Foll! It was written in your father's bedroom.

Wawa pig!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Thugs Attack Ihedioha's Recovery Team At Okorocha's House (Photos) / Governor Sanwo-Olu Says Lagos Is Cleaner Now. Do You Agree? (Photos) / Celebration In Ph Over Wike Victory (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.