Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested (41765 Views)

Transcript Of President Tinubu's Speech On The Current Economic Challenges / Rotimi Jolayemi's Poem About Lai Mohammed That Got Him Arrested (Listen) / Transcript Of IGP Ibrahim Idris' 'Transmission' Message (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by searchlight: 2:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Sorry, but how old are you?

Lemme guess, you weren't born yet in 1993.

You can't speak to those facts then.
lolsss. was buhari not born in 1993? was he not part of the government that assassinated Abiola and his wife. IBB save Nigeria by refusing to relinquish power to that criminal. Abiola should get deeper in his grave and good enough non of his kid is politically alive today. yorubas aren't just good enough to pilot over the affairs of Nigeria. look at how obasanjo ruined Nigeria not to talk of a greedy criminal like Abiola. killing abiola and his wife is the only abacha legacy I admire
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by searchlight: 2:35pm On Jun 12, 2018
zeenaman:
Who says Yorubas are cawards? This speech exudes a great degree of bravery. Calling upon demonic Abacha to relinguish power is a chchild's play
and when he was kidnapped by abacha what did yorubas do. they all ran away with their tails in between their legs. even when their own was president he never talked about abiola for once until the people who killed abiola decided to exploit his death for their political gains. small boy of yestaday Nnadi Kanu was arrested by a man as murderous as abacha and the whole Igbo took to the street and made the necessary consultations until he was freed. that's the true definition of bravery so still yorubas are proven cowards. argue with abiola in his deep grave.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by ElsonMorali: 2:39pm On Jun 12, 2018
fyneIjay:

We can debate maturely, without some snickering remarks.
Now to what you wrote above. Abiola was well known to sponsor the military boys to topple governments. In fact Babangida and Abacha were known allies of MKO.
Karma? I leave that to you.

Well known by whom? Surely not the majority of the electorates who voted for him in 1993 or they knew and simply didn't care.

What I'm saying is, the June 12 saga is even bigger than the person of MKO Abiola.

What hope is there for a country where the majority have to yield to the whims and impulses of one person either acting unilaterally or acting in conjunction with a few others.

June 12 has always been an open sore for the Nigerian nation. Note that site can close up and heal.

No matter the political reasons for doing this, it is the right thing to do.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by searchlight: 2:43pm On Jun 12, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
must Yoruba vote according to your wish .why can't everyone vote his conscience and stop blackmailing a tribe for voting against your wish. Buhari won south west without June 12 so who is the noise about voting him again
pls who started the complain about a tribe's vote. was it not the stupid sons of afonjas like obasanjo and Soyinka who said that Igbo's are politically handicapped that they had all their eggs in one basket before the dullard in chief called us 5% think before you type oo
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2018
This is wonderful. Thanks.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jun 12, 2018
AutoSpaNg:
This is the kind of leadership that could have saved us. Those who do not know MKO need to know some very important things about him.
1. He is the Premier of Western Nigeria, just like Azikiwe was the Premier of Eastern Nigeria.
2. He came up with the first free education scheme in Nigeria and most of the leaders if today championing high cost of basic and tertiary education were beneficiaries of his Free Education scheme.
3. If You Own a Car and Live in Abuja, Then Bring your Vehicle in For Repairs, Repainting,Accident ed Body works, Servicing and other Vehicle Repair Works O818-974-2614.

4. do you know that during his efforts to be the president of the country Azikiwe was part of his campaign team?
are you sure of what you are saying? Awoolowo is different from MKO
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by ORIENTATION101: 3:15pm On Jun 12, 2018
searchlight:
pls who started the complain about a tribe's vote. was it not the stupid sons of afonjas like obasanjo and Soyinka who said that Igbo's are politically handicapped that they had all their eggs in one basket before the dullard in chief called us 5% think before you type oo
it was in response to the notion that Yoruba's betrayed south when there was no agreement.

if igbos feel another fulani from north will be better so be it they can cast their vote.

if Yoruba want Buhari again no prob.
nobody should blackmail another
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by MistadeRegal(m): 4:17pm On Jun 12, 2018
deflover:
IBB did the right thing
A thief cannot and will not rule over me
A coup plotter

angry
And the one currently ruling over you?
What is he?
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by striker07(m): 4:20pm On Jun 12, 2018
Yesbody:
Where is the Liberian money ?
Where is Samuel doe's money
Samuel doe gave the money to IBB and IBB asked someone to take possession of the money on behalf of doe... so where is the money ? Who has the money ?
dealing in rumors and hearsay doesn't depict intelligence.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by fyneIjay(f): 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Well known by whom? Surely not the majority of the electorates who voted for him in 1993 or they knew and simply didn't care.

What I'm saying is, the June 12 saga is even bigger than the person of MKO Abiola.

What hope is there for a country where the majority have to yield to the whims and impulses of one person either acting unilaterally or acting in conjunction with a few others.

June 12 has always been an open sore for the Nigerian nation. Note that site can close up and heal.

No matter the political reasons for doing this, it is the right thing to do.
You have spoken well. If I may... the sitting president toppled a democratically elected president in 1983 and he may not have had requisite qualifications for standing for an election. The electorates knew all these and still elected him. And here we are all lamenting about the state of the economy.
I am not against the electorates making their choices, but most often elections are won and lost based on how the mood of the electorates sway and not necessarily because of the candidates sterling qualities or otherwise.
If declaring June 12 will heal the wounds of Nigerian electorates by all means we already accepted.
But please let’s all learn our history.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by GeneralFeezy(m): 4:26pm On Jun 12, 2018
Abacha was the brain behind the cancelation of the 12th June, '93 election.
He had nothing to offer to country. All he coveted for was the Supreme power to do and undo.
He had infiltrated the Army and bought too many supporters to his side. He was more powerful in the Armed forces than the president was. He also had the support of the North who knew if the elections were held power will shift away from them. The north prefers their indigenes to rule and die in suffering than for a southerner to rule and live in splendor.
Babangida was under pressure. He had to vacate the presidency seat and he knew it.
If he objected he'll die as many groups in the Armed forces and also civilians wanted him out. Even Abacha who had watched over him would now overthrow him by himself. So he had to leave but who will replace him? That was his headache.
Deep inside him he wanted to handover to democracy. But Abacha wanted the power for himself because of selfish interests.
If he gave power to democracy, Abacha and the north would kill him
He could have arrested Abacha and his supporters for attempting to disrupt the election at least he was the GCFR but he couldn't because he didn't want to seem ungrateful to Abacha who had saved him from the past coups and was the reason he was still alive.
He had to dance to the tune of his benefactor (Abacha) and cancel the elections. At least he'll remain alive as that matters most
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by ElsonMorali: 5:59pm On Jun 12, 2018
fyneIjay:

You have spoken well. If I may... the sitting president toppled a democratically elected president in 1983 and he may not have had requisite qualifications for standing for an election. The electorates knew all these and still elected him. And here we are all lamenting about the state of the economy.
I am not against the electorates making their choices, but most often elections are won and lost based on how the mood of the electorates sway and not necessarily because of the candidates sterling qualities or otherwise.
If declaring June 12 will heal the wounds of Nigerian electorates by all means we already accepted.
But please let’s all learn our history.

While President Buhari may have done good by this June 12 declaration despite the political angle I am still strongly of the opinion that he's shown himself to be an ineffective leader.

I have just two major reasons why I won't vote for him.

His complacency in the killings by Fulani herdsmen and the fact that almost 4years after being sworn in as president corruption seems to have become our national pledge.

They have a list of corrupt people, yet they've refused to prosecute them. That's the height of ineffectiveness.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by dochenaj: 4:47am On Jun 13, 2018
koladebrainiac:
June 12 is a national struggle and not limited to Yoruba nation struggles. Jonathan did not declare June 12 a national day Obasanjo that benefited directly from the event did nothing. He even made so many efforts to ridicule the day itself.

They played politics with it.
Jonthan only tried to dangle icing cake. He did not even understand the struggle. he tried to name SCHOOL AFTER MOSHOOD which is irrelevant. the struggle is not only for Abiola but the entire nation. June 12 is a national struggle. a day one man robbed us all of our collective decision.

Now Buhari turned the whole thing around. He did one singular thing nobody has the mind to do in almost 25years. Politics or anything. even JONATHAN did play politics with it, but it did not work out.

But would this signify that Yoruba would vote for Buhari during 2019 election? well,as for me,i wont vote him,he still hasnt impressed me

But i dont know why Igbo are trying so much to condemn this day? its not as if they actually voted for Abiola or support june 12.majority of Igbo voted for TOFA. so why should their opinion matters?

whyy are they even getting from Nigeria? its not like they are either here or there.
Yoruba has ruled this country 8years,South South ahs ruled 6years, and for the sake of unity n fairness,we are saying the Igbo should make good calculation and vote for Buhari and wait till 2023 to compete. Not that its the idea thing,but we sey its the smartest thing to do. Maybe then they can decide to leave the union. its not a rocket science bro. this is politics. its not do or die.

Even if Buhari will rule till 2027, that would not give an Igbo man a better shot at being president. All the likes of the Igbo politicians like Orji Uzo Kalu, Rochas Okorocha and yourself (you are not Igbo I suppose) should not allow themselves be deluded.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by MrALIVE: 5:24am On Jun 13, 2018
Auladimeji:
Abiola is a criminal
you are mentally ill
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by bayelsaowei(m): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2018
ElsonMorali:

And how do you know Yorubas are preparing to vote for Buhari?

If I call you a child now you will get angry.
remember I wrote " I hope they don't" .. Because actually tinubu dictates who you guys vote for lately..
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by bayelsaowei(m): 8:28am On Jun 13, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
must Yoruba vote according to your wish .why can't everyone vote his conscience and stop blackmailing a tribe for voting against your wish. Buhari won south west without June 12 so who is the noise about voting him again
are you voting for buhari??
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by ElsonMorali: 8:45am On Jun 13, 2018
bayelsaowei:
remember I wrote " I hope they don't" .. Because actually tinubu dictates who you guys vote for lately..

Oh he does?

Because you actually don't know anything except what you gleam from your brothers here who take delight in insulting "Afonjas".
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by ORIENTATION101: 8:46am On Jun 13, 2018
bayelsaowei:
are you voting for buhari??
not only me including my household baba is getting more than 20 votes in 2019
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Ikechuob: 8:56am On Jun 13, 2018
rozayx5:
same yoruba who sold him out

are now cheering the same people who killed him

just because of a useless award to buy votes

undecided undecided

They are easily minipulated by North. I knew Afonjas are illiterates but I never realized to what level until now

What I found funny is the new statement that Nigerians failed Abiola. Was it not Afonja obas that took bribe to look the other way and pacify their people after he was bundled like a criminal and killed? You can't just help but love the Amount of revision this sophisticated morons do honestly
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by koladebrainiac(m): 9:23am On Jun 13, 2018
monex:

You say you are not voting Buhari becuase he hasnt impressed you.

but you encourage an entire tribe to vote him because it is the smartest thing to do.

you are very funny
ITS LIKE A SHYLOCK THING. SMART BUT NOT THE BEST. IF IGBO ARE CONCERN ABOUT THEIR TRIBE RULING,THEY CAN PERMUTATE AND SUPPORT BUHARI AND GET FREE PASS IN 2023. BUT IF THEY ARE NOT BORDER LIKE ME, I WOULD SAY THEY SHOULD VOTE FOR ANY CREDIBLE MAN FOR THE JOB. OBJ WAS PRESIDENT AND THE SLOWPOKE NO BENEFIT ME OR MY FAMILY SO WHY SHOULD IT MATTER IF NA MY TRIBE DEY THERE OR NOT.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by AutoSpaNg: 10:47am On Jun 13, 2018
enairaprof:
are you sure of what you are saying? Awoolowo is different from MKO
you are right. i made a mistake. a mistake big enough to determine the future of a fragile nation. keep this mistake a secret and delete this your quote of my post as i would also delete it from my side. this is a very fatal mistake that should never be made.
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by bayelsaowei(m): 1:20pm On Jun 13, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
not only me including my household baba is getting more than 20 votes in 2019
may herds men and buharis incompetences follow you and your family till the end ..
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by bayelsaowei(m): 1:21pm On Jun 13, 2018
ElsonMorali:

Oh he does?

Because you actually don't know anything except what you gleam from your brothers here who take delight in insulting "Afonjas".
make all those who call you guys afonjas change their mind come 2019..
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by ORIENTATION101: 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2018
bayelsaowei:
may herds men and buharis incompetences follow you and your family till the end ..
5%
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Auladimeji(m): 3:07pm On Jun 13, 2018
MrALIVE:
you are mentally ill
Abiola funded majorities of the coup,if you think I'm lying ask an elderly man who's sound politically
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Auladimeji(m): 3:08pm On Jun 13, 2018
Obansy112:
For demanding his rights and mandate??
No,but for funding coups
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by Auladimeji(m): 3:09pm On Jun 13, 2018
greatAbdurl:

At least tell us what he did to warrant such label or keep shut permanently.
I hate it when MTN just dey dash 10mb upandan, it made some already stupid people popular grin

At least tell us what he did to warrant such label or keep shut permanently.
I hate it when MTN just dey dash 10mb upandan, it made some already stupid people popular
Abiola funded majorities of the coup,if you think I'm lying ask an elderly man who's sound politically
Re: Transcript Of The Speech Abiola Made That Got Him Arrested by bayelsaowei(m): 8:10am On Jun 18, 2018
ORIENTATION101:
5%
and that 5% feeds you and your sorry buhari ass licking generation.. Tufiakwa..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Chukwuma Bamidele Dies (Nnamdi-Azikiwe's First-Son) / THROWBACK: How Gowon Declined U.S. President’s Invitation To Visit America. / Thugs Attack Ihedioha's Recovery Team At Okorocha's House (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.